Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

As I understand if you try to sell a full warehouse you'll end up with multiple vehicles so I guess you can't really do it alone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

OwlFancier posted:

PC, I thought that was entirely the point of selling out of county? That you had to drive from the city to the county or vice versa?

I suppose I could have gone with the one near the airfield instead but I quite like the bay and driving in a straight line down the highway is not onerous, and there's fewer people out for your blood.

Whether you have the warehouse in South sandy shores or Paleto Bay you still sell in the city for the far trip, it's just half as far to the city from the southern warehouses in Blaine.

If you are good with that there is no other downside other than someone in a lobby having a lot of notice and time to get a jet and murder you.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

To be honest getting from the actual middle of the map to the highway is a faff while the paleto bay warehouse is literally right on the highway and the truck goes quite fast once it's up to speed.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I had a lot of fun just helping a random CEO last night. Fetching crates, playing headhunter, hacking ATM's, being his chauffeur in the kuruma so the pubbies didn't blast us to complete poo poo.

It's nice to help out random people. He was somehow an even lower level than me and I'm 57 so good on him for letting me take part in his fun little money making schemes. I'd never done the ATM (tee hee) game before and I was glad that it was the horrible hacking mini games that I hate.

Still beat him.

I also played my lone wolf public session game of "park outside of LS customs and see if people can resist the temptation to shoot you repeatedly in the face." NO ONE could resist. It was either machine guns to the face or rockets to my ride. I did manage to pick up some guy getting absolutely tooled by some other pubbies when he accidentally got into my car rather than his. We drove around wasting the guys who were killing him until he eventually left my car and shot me because why not?

PS4 pubbies are all sociopaths and I include myself in that assessment.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Puckish Rogue posted:

I also played my lone wolf public session game of "park outside of LS customs and see if people can resist the temptation to shoot you repeatedly in the face." NO ONE could resist.
I tried this yesterday. Someone shot cars at me.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Cage posted:

I tried this yesterday. Someone shot cars at me.

Okay you win, that's immense.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Puckish Rogue posted:

Okay you win, that's immense.

Naw, this is immense:

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Looks like another Benny's car was added today, the Dewbauchee Specter

Time to blow another 1.5 million, park it next to the Nero and Itali GTB and look at it

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Hugh Malone posted:

Looks like another Benny's car was added today, the Dewbauchee Specter

Time to blow another 1.5 million, park it next to the Nero and Itali GTB and look at it

everyone point and laugh at the guy who bought the Nero. The 25% Benny's discount is more important than that though.

part of me wants to re-buy the Adder to remember the good old days of wasting too much money on cars (y'know, October 2013) but then I remember driving the Adder

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Umm yes I will probably buy this.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Psion posted:

everyone point and laugh at the guy who bought the Nero. The 25% Benny's discount is more important than that though.

part of me wants to re-buy the Adder to remember the good old days of wasting too much money on cars (y'know, October 2013) but then I remember driving the Adder

Hey, I had a Nero too :(

Keyword being had. Sold that poo poo immediately to buy a Specter. It is a very pretty car :v:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Looks cool. Is it any good?

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Looking cool is good tho???

Pen Expers
May 3, 2006

Pillbug
I just bought and upgraded it, handling feels nice. I'd like to see it go up against the elergy

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I think there was talk a few pages back about not being able to get the topless merryweather mesa anymore. I just got one earlier today, insured and modded.

I had someone call mercs on me, then went to the end of Del Perro Pier. The mercs didn't come all the way down, but it caused the mesas to keep spawning as traffic. I carjacked one and drove it to may garage, no problems.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Akion posted:

Naw, this is immense:

Needs a nice cargobob hat

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

T1g4h posted:

Hey, I had a Nero too :(

Keyword being had. Sold that poo poo immediately to buy a Specter. It is a very pretty car :v:

yeah the spectre and italia is a very nice good looking car combo

My problem with the Italia is like, GTA first world problems: It takes paint colors really, really well. It looks good with so many I can't decide which to use.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
The GTA channel I watch on YouTube is saying the modded spectre is slower than the normal version.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Puckish Rogue posted:

Needs a nice cargobob hat

Is this the GTA equivalent of Freckles from Red vs Blue?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
It's SDF-1.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Anime_Otaku posted:

The GTA channel I watch on YouTube is saying the modded spectre is slower than the normal version.

The custom Specter (and GTB and maybe the Comet) use the same "downforce" stat as the RE-7B, ETR-1 and Tyrus. Which replaces the normal spoiler traction boost. I guess that makes them better for stunt race tracks that have loops and poo poo. But the non-custom versions of those cars still have the spoiler effect, giving them slightly better cornering traction. ...or something.

I'd bet the difference is so small only an insane race driver would notice.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Someone made a spreadsheet of all the current cars in GTA5 along with their performance data. I haven't been able to find it again, so does anywhere know where I can get it? Hopefully it's been updated with all of the recent DLC cars.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Had some fun last night getting some cars. I had a bug where I could crash my car with other players in the lobby and it wouldn't do any damage. But when everyone left, my car exploded.

What the gently caress

Edit: I almost have enough to buy a cargobob. Is there a way to make it my CEO vehicle inst as of the buzzard or do I have to call for it every time?

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

Soulex posted:

Had some fun last night getting some cars. I had a bug where I could crash my car with other players in the lobby and it wouldn't do any damage. But when everyone left, my car exploded.

What the gently caress

Edit: I almost have enough to buy a cargobob. Is there a way to make it my CEO vehicle inst as of the buzzard or do I have to call for it every time?

It won't get added to the CEO instaspawn menu, no. But if you're doing CEO stuff you'll be inside the office a lot, so once you own one just talk to your assistant about pegasus vehicles and you can spawn outside in your Cargobob for $200.

e: make sure you buy the Jetsam livery one, so no-one assumes you're a poor who has to steal Cargobobs like a peasant.

Ripper Swarm fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 18, 2017

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Soulex posted:

What the gently caress

You have to call it evertim, but you can leave your office in it for $200.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

As long as I can leave the office. One more million to go.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Anybody know why the game keeps zeroing the extended shadow distance slider? On a GTX 1060 3GB, newest drivers, ignore limits on.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

SplitSoul posted:

Anybody know why the game keeps zeroing the extended shadow distance slider? On a GTX 1060 3GB, newest drivers, ignore limits on.

It looks like a full slider but it only sets at certain intervals

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

HORMELCHILI posted:

It looks like a full slider but it only sets at certain intervals

It doesn't work, though. I'll set it and upon restarting the game, it'll act as if I haven't applied the changed options. If I click apply, it'll zero out again. Happens at any setting.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Try changing the setting in single player, make a quicksave and then see if it sticks.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Domestic Amuse posted:

Someone made a spreadsheet of all the current cars in GTA5 along with their performance data. I haven't been able to find it again, so does anywhere know where I can get it? Hopefully it's been updated with all of the recent DLC cars.

If you're talking about Broughy1322's spreadsheet, it hasn't been updated with lap times for some of the newer stuff yet, but there are spaces for them so...

Hopefully soon

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nQND3ikiLzS3Ij9kuV-rVkRtoYetb79c52JWyafb4m4/htmlview#gid=753713977

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Hugh Malone posted:

If you're talking about Broughy1322's spreadsheet, it hasn't been updated with lap times for some of the newer stuff yet, but there are spaces for them so...

Hopefully soon

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nQND3ikiLzS3Ij9kuV-rVkRtoYetb79c52JWyafb4m4/htmlview#gid=753713977

Thanks. I'm looking for something new with which to dominate the Sports class (I know, I already have an Elegy), but I'm not sure what the new hotness is in that category.

Also, I just learned that Shark Cards do not count towards your "total earned" tally on PC.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Domestic Amuse posted:

Thanks. I'm looking for something new with which to dominate the Sports class (I know, I already have an Elegy), but I'm not sure what the new hotness is in that category.

Also, I just learned that Shark Cards do not count towards your "total earned" tally on PC.

I see a lot of massacros, comets (not retro), elegy retros, feltzers, and jesters do well for skilled racers

Which I am not so I will keep leanin' on the elegy

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Hugh Malone posted:

I see a lot of massacros, comets (not retro), elegy retros, feltzers, and jesters do well for skilled racers

Which I am not so I will keep leanin' on the elegy

Caveat is the Race Jester does somewhat better than the normal Jester, there is actually a difference. If you're good you can win most pick up races in a Carbonizarre and while everyone else is honking at the starting line just chill out and put your roof down. (Don't race in a Carbonizarre if you don't have throttle control)

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
GTA is at its best when things don't go right.

https://giant.gfycat.com/GlitteringIgnorantComet.webm
hashtag tbt

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

Zigmidge posted:

hashtag tbt

Nowhere to go but up!

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Zigmidge posted:

hashtag tbt

I remember that gif :allears:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Specter is the most fun car to drive since the Tropos.

Anybody know if the Tempesta is a worthy investment? My friend is thinking of buying it since he wants a Lambo.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Asking for a friend.

He's been having an issue with GTA V for some time. Effectively every now and then, it just begins booting him to his own server, over and over. I can join his shard, and he eventually gets booted from that one too and splits off again. It just keeps happening to him. Sometimes he can go for hours, other times seconds. Rebooting the game won't help when it gets like this.

He's run the Rockstar networking guide; he has 0% packet loss in our tests, a great ping, etc. He has changed, entirely, since this started happening to him when the PC version came out: His computer, his modem AND his router.

I found a forum talking about this, with zero solutions from Rockstar and a whole bunch of "gently caress YOU ROCKSTAR!!!" while describing his problem exactly, but not a SINGLE solution for this oddity. Again, he's exchanged everything out (including changing to Windows 10) and ran the total techs support bit about firewalls (which would be a silly problem anyway, given it can work for 45 minutes one second and 45 seconds another).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Blazing Ownager posted:

Asking for a friend.

I get netsplit at least once per session these days, so I think he's just very unlucky. I assume his attempts included lowering his router's NAT setting? Other than that I've got nothing,

• Locked thread