Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Gorman Thomas posted:

loving Ravi Drums is a featured performer at the inauguration.

What a world we live in

Also noted flammable pants man Dan Naiman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

weekly font posted:

Bart the General is super good too

If by this you mean the four part webseries, I agree.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 242 days!
My reaction to Cape Fear is basically "yes the rich are just totally powerless against ex-con ubermensch, good job" :geno:

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

If by this you mean the four part webseries, I agree.

Marge, you're breaking my heart.

Though honestly, people often ignore the first season (or two) because of how drastically the show changed later, but they are loving wild and well worth watching.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

weekly font posted:

Bart the General is super good too

Sorry, Bart. You can push them out of a plane, you can march them off a cliff, you can send them off to die on some God-forsaken rock, but for some reason you can't slap them.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
God that show was so good for so long it almost defies belief.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

wyoming posted:

Though honestly, people often ignore the first season (or two) because of how drastically the show changed later, but they are loving wild and well worth watching.
The most emotional I get at The Simpsons is in that early episode where Marge is about to leave Homer for the bowling instructor, and Homer just can't bring himself to tell her not to go because he knows he screwed up, it just feels so heartbreakingly plausible that they could split like that. I really quit watching by Season 16, so I don't know if there have been anymore 'Marge leaves for another man' eps like they've done plenty of 'some impossibly hot woman wants to gently caress Homer' eps in those intervening years.

But as far as episodes with tons of quality jokes, I'd put Rosebud and

FishBulb posted:

The best Simpsons episode is the one where Homer gets accused of sexual harassment by the babysitter
at the top.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
if you were asked to perform the inauguration I don't see why you wouldn't just accept and then get up there and whip ur junk out and taunt the commander in chief

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

if you were asked to perform the inauguration I don't see why you wouldn't just accept and then get up there and whip ur junk out and taunt the commander in chief

Because you'd probably get out on the terrorist watch list

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 242 days!

Perform "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands" and let the subtext do its thing.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

perfect time to play Nazi Punks gently caress Off

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Homer Goes To College, Homie The Clown, and A Star Is Burns have my vote.

A Star is Burns is great if only for how much of a crybaby Groening was about it. I think my favorite will always be You Only Move Twice, but sweet Jesus that one gets absolutely shredded in syndication.

Timby fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jan 19, 2017

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

My favourite Simpsons episode is whichever one I saw last.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

oi i still need to do the back half of that other dude's posts

I was gonna ask if you would ever get around to finishing the doc (so I could shamelessly steal it and post it in the horror thread), but I suppose that'll have to wait for a while.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

if anyone hasn't rewatched Sideshow Bob Roberts since the election, you really should.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
This BMD piece, an interview with the head of India's censor board, is pretty great. If not completely futile:

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/01/19/indian-censorship-interview-pahlaj-nihalani

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

A Streetcar Named Marge is protier. Look mom, I'm Blanche Dubois!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

perfect time to play Nazi Punks gently caress Off

I said the literal exact thing. Bonus points if you turn your tie around to reveal the S on your shirt was a dollar sign the whole time!

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

A Streetcar Named Marge is protier. Look mom, I'm Blanche Dubois!

the Ayn Rand School for Tots scenes are my absolute favorite things from that show

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
The relatively quiet dramas of the early Simpsons are what make it so powerfully good - once it abandoned that earnest love for its own characters, it was over.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Magic Hate Ball posted:

The relatively quiet dramas of the early Simpsons are what make it so powerfully good - once it abandoned that earnest love for its own characters, it was over.

It reached its apex of quality when the quiet drama combined seamlessly with the clever humor. That only lasted a few seasons. I'd say seasons 3 4 and 5 were its peak in this regard.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Even in its heyday, I don't think I've been able to remember an episode title for the Simpsons. It's always That One With X, where X is the gimmick.

Like, I had to look it up to know that In Marge We Trust was that episode with Mr Sparkle.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

MisterBibs posted:

Even in its heyday, I don't think I've been able to remember an episode title for the Simpsons. It's always That One With X, where X is the gimmick.

You and me, bud. The episodes were never within the show itself so unless you're really used to the DVD menus (or you've been discussing the episodes on the Internet for a long time) the titles are mostly going to be over your head. The Mindy episode is "the Mindy episode".

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The Mindy Episode is The Last Temptation of Homer and no I didn't have to look that up
:goonsay:

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I know pretty much every episode title in the first 9 seasons :(

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
I really do love a lot of the episode titles, even ones from the seasons I haven't watched.

Bart Gets an F followed in the same season by Bart's Dog Gets an F makes me laugh on its own.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
When Flanders Failed is probably the most obscure reference in an episode title.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Slugworth posted:

God that show was so good for so long it almost defies belief.

It's been awful literally twice as long as it was good. It should have been cancelled when I was 15.

glam rock hamhock posted:

When Flanders Failed is probably the most obscure reference in an episode title.

Is that a reference to In Flanders Fields? (beaten)

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

glam rock hamhock posted:

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
When Flanders failed

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Spatulater bro! posted:

I know pretty much every episode title in the first 9 seasons :(
You are normal (and have good taste)

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Just came the closest I've ever gotten to a water moccasin and with that the work day draws to an end.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Just came the closest I've ever gotten to a water moccasin and with that the work day draws to an end.

I'm going to assume you're a sound technician for one of those snake handling churches.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Spatulater bro! posted:

I'm going to assume you're a sound technician for one of those snake handling churches.

Yup, Mike Pence's church

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Sneak Peek of Trump's first visit to the Capitol building as President tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChCLHl_pSrE

(With Pence in place of Lawrence, obviously.)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I really really want to take whatever Trump's speech is and put it over Immortan Joe's first scene.

I wonder if Trump will get mad at me and block me. That'd be loving hilarious.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Miguel Ferrer died. gently caress.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

gently caress.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Oh goddamnit.

Somebody check Kurtwood Smith's alibi. :(

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Nooooo!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Dude was one of the greatest character actors ever. What a shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'll be glad to see him in Twin Peaks though. I loving love Agent Rosenfeld.

• Locked thread