Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
So literally no one on reddit is talking about the ATV. Good poo poo.

Edit: Excuse me i was wrong theres 20 posts talking about how cool the still hair is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
"Filling a universe with unique clothing is no easy task."

Almost as hard as creating the universe, I'd wager.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/368790/youtube-community-are-misleading-new-backers

quote:

I discovered the game around 6 weeks ago in an Engadget post.
It looked cool and like something i would like.

I searched on YouTube to find some more information.
I watched a couple of videos explaining what the game was about etc.

Im used to Alphas and early access games, so i didnt mind buying the game.

When i started the game i was kind of shocked about all the bugs and the lack of content.
The YouTube videoes made by the community and fans was very misleading.
They made it sound like there was lots of gameplay right now and non major bugs.

Personally i dont mind the bugs. I find it fun to report them. (Even though the Issue Council is filled with nazi police...)
And very interesting to see the Bugsmashers show and follow the development.

But i still feel mislead. And so are other people.

I know it says Alpha all over the videos and websites.
But its hard to know what to expect from al Alpha nowadays...

This is not a rant about bugs.
I love this game and cant wait for future patches!
Even spent like $1.000 already on stuff. Im proud to say i backed this game ;D

So why this post? Well we need something to discuss while we wait xD
these people are why 140 million is plausible.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
rock solid logic

quote:

"Subject to change" ensures nothing said can be construed as false.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Hav posted:

They could probably raise the dun-basement prices by about 30%.
The Rape Cave surcharge.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

But can he do the expressions of sleepy coked-up Chris?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

AbstractNapper posted:

Look, he may be a multi BAFTA award winner and Oscar nominee, but there are simply some contortions and mindsets that even the most talented actor could never replicate.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

I just died a little inside.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

AbstractNapper posted:

No, but he can pull an excellent B'tak.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

cool new Polack jokes posted:

A grand total of 6 spacecraft manufacturers for an entire universe, lol

They get a pass on that. Currently there is about 75 brands of cars worldwide, but only 14 real manufacturer. As fusion and merger continue this number is expected to get reduced further.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Sunswipe posted:

I don't follow the development of videogames as a rule, so serious question: is it normal for a videogame company to hire makeup artists for their development vlogs?

I think the standard protocol for dev vlogs is to take a shower and comb your hair before appearing on camera. Often devs fail to meet this standard, so the videos are simply commentary over games footage.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Spatial posted:

lmao. I never saw the original, what a GIF goldmine!

Video description:

CR just before doing a live stream.

say you can see where the rugger meets the road chris. Man up and shave that poo poo. Sandi will love you more.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

This video game product looks like it might be good one day when it's finished, I'll spend over a week's gross pay on it.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Star Citizen: What precisely is false?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/iWDjnT2.gifv

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

lol

How deep in the rabbit hole must you go to validate being lied to on a routine basis where you start saying poo poo like this?

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

How long has it been since CIG mentioned Gary Oldman or Gillian Anderson at all? Feels like years

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Ayn Marx posted:

How long has it been since CIG mentioned Gary Oldman or Gillian Anderson at all? Feels like years

It almost feels like they're gone

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Tokamak posted:

I think the standard protocol for dev vlogs is to take a shower and comb your hair before appearing on camera. Often devs fail to meet this standard, so the videos are simply commentary over games footage.

Yes but this is no ordinary duo, one of them was once in consideration for a part in Tickle Time in Tinzel Town Two; The Re-Tickling.

Plus Chris does not like combing his own toupe has it reminds him how Kevin Coaster once threaten to sue him so hard he would make him bald (and he did)

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Ayn Marx posted:

Gillian is on Twitter, someone with an account should ask her what is happening with the project ect.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Kosumo posted:

Gillian is on Twitter, someone with an account should ask her what is happening with the project ect.
No they should not.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Erenthal posted:

At least the dogs are only 10 $, and no limits. Since they use no textures or polygons, I guess they are easy to manufacture for the jpg-machines.

Posting from the past to say I still think this is uncreative as gently caress and stupid. Fuckin DOOM invis demon style poo poo. Give it a tenth of a gently caress and make the actual dog completely literally invisible, but still cast a shadow, or something
If it's non-combat does it at least fetch you anything?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Posting from the past to say I still think this is uncreative as gently caress and stupid. Fuckin DOOM invis demon style poo poo. Give it a tenth of a gently caress and make the actual dog completely literally invisible, but still cast a shadow, or something

But if it just cast a shadow you would instantly notice how poo poo their lighting system is!

Because it is pretty 2005.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

SniperWoreConverse posted:

You know what would make it more acceptable. That the ghost dog was a pet that you got for doing a quest in the loving game you are playing.
MMOs have been doing stupid rear end lazy cosemtic pets like this forever. It's wasn't a horrible idea until people decided you can charge 50$ dollars for graphic glitch doge.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

McGiggins posted:

Ready Player One was actually pretty good.

That's my personal opinion and everyone who disagrees is clearly wrong.

If you dislike my reading list, perhaps you should suggest some better scifi?

next page of thread should be all about book sci-fi suggestions that are all better than star citizen the game could ever be.

My suggestions are: Everything by Neal Asher.

A really, and i mean Really good sci fi series: Hyperion by Dan Simmons

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Drunk Theory posted:

You know what would make it more acceptable. That the ghost dog was a pet that you got for doing a quest in the loving game you are playing.
MMOs have been doing stupid rear end lazy cosemtic pets like this forever. It's wasn't a horrible idea until people decided you can charge 50$ dollars for graphic glitch doge.

Completely sums it up, honestly.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

I still like how the British goverment handles refund policy. (Brits have some incredibly powerful laws and tools to use against swindlers)

https://www.gov.uk/consumer-protection-rights

Especially the near Nostrodamus sort of way they coined the moniker "Citizens advice" long before the Crobbler decided to be a complete oval office.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

grimcreaper posted:

A really, and i mean Really good sci fi series: Hyperion by Dan Simmons

Do not listen to this man, the story is nonsensical and the Canterbury Tales gimmick doesn't really add anything to it. Read the Culture series instead.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
a really good sci-fi book is Star Wars: Klingons around Uranus

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Amarcarts posted:

a really good sci-fi book is Star Wars: Klingons around Uranus

Try Roald Dahl's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
are you manlet enough to play SC the MMone way?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hey they liked my joke. I'm building bridges!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Kosumo posted:

Laugh at this stuff but don't bug people about it. That's the road to crazy town, it's a stupid non-game scam that we laugh at on a dumb forum thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

All I can think of is the singing busts at Disney's Haunted Mansion ride, with Gary doing the part of Thurl Ravenscroft.

Edited for Taxxe:

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jan 20, 2017