Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Collateral Damage posted:

Oh yeah, there's a lot of cargo culting in the startup biz. But generally it's done to cut costs regardless of the buzzword-filled motivation for it.

That or so management can more easily look over everybody's shoulders all the time. Humans are also kind if territorial and having MY cube satisfies that. Yeah coworkers can come by if they need me but the cube wall clearly delineates my cube from the rest of the office. Open plans take that away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Jerry Cotton posted:

I've certainly noticed once you go in it's extremely difficult to get out.

You clever poo poo.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Tonton Macoute posted:

I really like the culture of SA, think that is has an uniquely sardonic twist that is not replicated anywhere else on the internet, and I will genuinely miss the forums when some years from now some database failure or prolonged DDOS or similar finally brings them down for good.

I'll miss my gay dead forum

:smith::hf::smith:

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Sentient Data posted:

I'll miss my gay dead forum

:smith::hf::smith:

All we have to look fowards to is "lol 4chan r funy". :smithicide:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The new Gorillaz song is good

KrayG
Jul 20, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Reddit is awful because it promotes conformity and appealing to the masses.

Also that new gorillaz song is loving awful and i own all their previous albums, i used to spam their original self titled while playing team fortress classic so i am something of an authority figure on the subject.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

KrayG posted:

Also that new gorillaz song is loving awful and i own all their previous albums, i used to spam their original self titled while playing team fortress classic so i am something of an authority figure on the subject.

Benjamin Clementine has a really great voice but there's something about his accent/pronunciation that I find weirdly off-putting.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Trump is actually bad and there are very real reasons to consider him at least nominally illegitimate since he lost the popular vote by so much. Some of it is sour grapes on the left, sure, but if the boycott of the inauguration and subsequenr demonstrations turn in to action against the electoral college, then great.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Obama was merely Bush's third and fourth terms, and the amount of praise he's received during the past two months is revolting

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

American presidents aren't actually that important and the amount of attention they get (both from Americans and internationally) is ridiculous.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Sentient Data posted:

Obama was merely Bush's third and fourth terms, and the amount of praise he's received during the past two months is revolting

Tiggum posted:

American presidents aren't actually that important and the amount of attention they get (both from Americans and internationally) is ridiculous.

lmao

KrayG
Jul 20, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tiggum posted:

This this a million times this. They are figureheads for the public to display their vitriol towards. People are deluded if they think one person is making important decisions to shape the face of an entire nation.

Its like getting mad at a lead actor because the sound quality on a film is crappy.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Do you think John Kerry/Al Gore/Obama would have invaded Iraq? One guy getting elected president reverberates through his cabinet picks, nominating supreme court, etc.

Mu Zeta has a new favorite as of 14:28 on Jan 20, 2017

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

I'd agree if all of our recent wars were handled constitutionally by congress and presidential/"emergency" powers weren't stretched to unheard of levels

e:

KrayG posted:

They are figureheads for the public to display their vitriol towards. People are deluded if they think one person is making important decisions to shape the face of an entire nation.
is what I was referring to when I said "agree"

Also, yes, local elections will have way more impact on your life than federal ones

Sentient Data has a new favorite as of 15:22 on Jan 20, 2017

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

KrayG posted:

This this a million times this. They are figureheads for the public to display their vitriol towards. People are deluded if they think one person is making important decisions to shape the face of an entire nation.

Its like getting mad at a lead actor because the sound quality on a film is crappy.

If that lead actor was Rosie Perez they would be correct.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Sentient Data posted:

I'd agree if all of our recent wars were handled constitutionally by congress and presidential/"emergency" powers weren't stretched to unheard of levels

This sounds like "the thing they did was okay, but they did it in the wrong way" kinda stuff that libertarians like to vomit out constantly.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Sentient Data posted:

You'd think he'd get more flack for the invasion of Iran, but no, loving revolting.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Unpopular opinion to avoid a giant derail: sour candy is better than sweet candy

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Sentient Data posted:

Unpopular opinion to avoid a giant derail: sour candy is better than sweet candy

100% agree on this one. Warheads are my hard candy of choice.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
There's nothing wrong with vaping.

As long as you're not one of those douches that uses a modified oxygen tank or whatever to try and make the area you're in look like Silent Hill.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Sentient Data posted:

Yup, and ammonium chloride infused candy is best of all.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Tiggum posted:

Benjamin Clementine has a really great voice but there's something about his accent/pronunciation that I find weirdly off-putting.

I would have prefered the first half of the song to do without the "out of sync with the lyricist" backing track and just let the sermon roll, letting the song start up mid way

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
People who keep reptiles as pets are loving weird

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!
People who keep birds as pets are loving weird.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I'm skeptical of non mammalian pets, because non mammals don't like getting hugged and petted.

What's the point of a pet if you're not gonna hug and pet it?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Aramek posted:

I'm skeptical of non mammalian pets, because non mammals don't like getting hugged and petted.

To show man's dominance over nature. Obviously.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Aramek posted:

Lizards are cool?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Even like a ferret is pushing it. Get a loving dog or cat like a normal person

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Trashbears are a fun idea, but they get into too much mischief

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ferrets are cute but that stink is noxious.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Sentient Data posted:

A political derail on inauguration day? Un-loving believable.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Sentient Data posted:

Trashbears are a fun idea, but they get into too much mischief

My mom is that lady kids take hurt/abandoned animals to, so I had a pet raccoon for a time growing up. He got along with the dogs and was pretty well-behaved, didn't tear things up. Better companion than the opossum.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Das Boo posted:

My mom is that lady kids take hurt/abandoned animals to, so I had a pet raccoon for a time growing up. He got along with the dogs and was pretty well-behaved, didn't tear things up. Better companion than the opossum.

I'm not sure that "a better pet than an opossum" is a great endorsement.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

It's hard to argue with how cute they can be, this thread exists if you haven't seen it
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3737917

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Tiggum posted:

I'm not sure that "a better pet than an opossum" is a great endorsement.

This is definitively marked by the raccoon not hissing at movement.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Albuquerque is Weird Al's best song

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

spit on my clit posted:

Albuquerque is Weird Al's best song

It's actually Trapped in the Drive-Thru which is also remarkable in that the parody and the parodee are both great.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Being divided is totally justified in America and isnt necessarily a bad thing if one side of an issue is objectively incorrect on one side.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jastiger posted:

Being divided is totally justified in America and isnt necessarily a bad thing if one side of an issue is objectively incorrect on one side.

nobody cares, my dude

Jerry Cotton posted:

It's actually Trapped in the Drive-Thru which is also remarkable in that the parody and the parodee are both great.

I can't believe I forgot about that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

spit on my clit posted:

nobody cares, my dude

This response kind of implies you know you're objectively wrong about something, but still don't want to change your mind.