Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Tippis posted:

He just have to find a NAS to shoot, and he'll no longer be recorded.

On that map there's a challenge called "The Barbara Streisand Effect" where if you're recorded you have to delete every copy of it that exists on the Internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The Streisand Desalination.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Blowjob Overtime posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dNXPwB7lsQ

This has been posted in this thread before, but I finally remember to watch it and 1) watching (and enjoying) this video put me on a watch list, and 2) it is amazing both in accomplishment and time spent. The end of the canonical playthrough was almost exactly 11 hours flat.

If the person who made it reloaded at all, the actual time spent would be well over that. Based on the statistics at the end, I'm going to assume this was not 100% clean without reloading. Add on to that the effort to edit 11 hours of video and match it with the song, and this was over a full day of effort.

That video is fantastic. Matching it with the song is an all-star move.

Also, at time because the video goes so fast there are some bald bodyguards who get killed by 47 in a disguise and for a split second it almost looks like you're watching someone kill 47.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lobok posted:

Also, at time because the video goes so fast there are some bald bodyguards who get killed by 47 in a disguise and for a split second it almost looks like you're watching someone kill 47.

Trust nobody, not even yourself.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lobok posted:

That video is fantastic. Matching it with the song is an all-star move.

I like that the guys name if you look during the stats screen is Revolver Tossalot

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Crap, I forgot to play the ET last night.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

What's the usual ET schedule? Week on, week off?

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
Yeah, every other week is what the ET cycle has settled into. Sometimes they may vary, like for special events (E3) but at the minimum it'll be two a month for the foreseeable future.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Is it possible to do the "Friend For Dinner" Himmapan Horror Challenge on the currently available Bangkok mission/challenges? Because I've been trying and failing with the Somask Equation & the main mission targets and failing for no obvious reason.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
Most are just only really do-able with custom contracts.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah you may want to search the name of the contract on the custom contract finder

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Man that escalation with the sticky pistol complication is real cool. I like that they basically made the fire extinguisher kill a requirement knowing that it would be a big pain in the rear end to do. Doing that without full mastery must be a nightmare.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

It's pretty doable actually as long as you have stage crew starting place unlocked and breaching charge. The latter may be unnecessary if shooting the fire extinguisher counts as accident.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Boiled Water posted:

It's pretty doable actually as long as you have stage crew starting place unlocked and breaching charge. The latter may be unnecessary if shooting the fire extinguisher counts as accident.

It does.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i have been starting that escalation in the iago auction but i will try recording crew for the last level

i will push the waiter? over the balcony and fire extinguisher breach the other guy (which is bullshit but they asked for it)

i like the sticky pistol thing, that is clever. hope they do the same thing with a larger weapon so you can't just stow it for 5 seconds to get past guards

also i have recently discovered how incredibly easy hokkaido is. i knew it wasn't too tough but wow it's a joke now

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

The room with the auction suit guy has two chandeliers just saying

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

It's trivial to stuff that auction guy in the closet and lure both targets in there and there's a FE just outside in the hallway too.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

where the red fern gropes posted:

also i have recently discovered how incredibly easy hokkaido is. i knew it wasn't too tough but wow it's a joke now

Yeah it's pretty cool how it looks really difficult the first time around due to all the restrictions but once you know the map there are holes in the security everywhere

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Mondian posted:

It's trivial to stuff that auction guy in the closet and lure both targets in there and there's a FE just outside in the hallway too.
I knocked them both out, dumped one under a chandelier and the other next to the winch with an extinguisher beside him, then shot the extinguisher. I was already in the stairwell when they died. :v: Really fun escalation.

Aug 24, 2011

err i breach charge fire extinguishered the auction guy and it said it wasn't an accident? are fire extinguishers not explosives now?

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

where the red fern gropes posted:

err i breach charge fire extinguishered the auction guy and it said it wasn't an accident? are fire extinguishers not explosives now?

You might have hit him with the breach charge if it was on top of him.

Aug 24, 2011

meiko incarnation is pretty cool, i poisoned some food for level 1 and used a rubber duck for level 2, but now i gotta shuriken some dudes

this is pretty good, shame i can't save though

Boiled Water posted:

You might have hit him with the breach charge if it was on top of him.

that's lethal? wow

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

breaching charge is super lethal, which I learned the hard way.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Killing someone by hitting them with the fire extinguisher as it goes sailing after you breach charge it also does not count as an accident. Which I also learned the hard way.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
This is why I just shoot fire extinguishers.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Fire extinguishers are goddamn magic. They should go in the other direction and make a contract or ET only using a fire extinguisher just to see the crazy stuff people come up with.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

SubponticatePoster posted:

Fire extinguishers are goddamn magic. They should go in the other direction and make a contract or ET only using a fire extinguisher just to see the crazy stuff people come up with.

"kill all people in Hokkaido using explosion accidents"

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Discendo Vox posted:

"kill all people in Hokkaido using explosion accidents"
It would probably take 3 hours, but my solution to that would be to subdue every single person in the level, then haul them all into a big pile of all the fire extinguishers I could find stuck atop a single breaching charge. :haw:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

SubponticatePoster posted:

It would probably take 3 hours, but my solution to that would be to subdue every single person in the level, then haul them all into a big pile of all the fire extinguishers I could find stuck atop a single breaching charge. :haw:
Then fail because one of them was killed by the breaching charge.

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!

Pilchenstein posted:

I knocked them both out, dumped one under a chandelier and the other next to the winch with an extinguisher beside him, then shot the extinguisher. I was already in the stairwell when they died. :v: Really fun escalation.

There's a random pistol behind the couches where the guard hangs out, if you drop it in the right spot under the chandelier he'll see it as he heads for the west room. Then it's just a matter of coordinating it with the waiter's route so you have a fire extinguisher set up where he will be right after dropping the chandelier.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Eggnogium posted:

There's a random pistol behind the couches where the guard hangs out, if you drop it in the right spot under the chandelier he'll see it as he heads for the west room. Then it's just a matter of coordinating it with the waiter's route so you have a fire extinguisher set up where he will be right after dropping the chandelier.
It's not that random really, pretty sure it's that guard's pistol. His entire route is him looking for it. :v:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

It's not that random really, pretty sure it's that guard's pistol. His entire route is him looking for it. :v:

I was wondering what was going on with that guy!

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Discendo Vox posted:

I was wondering what was going on with that guy!

If i have to get up past the frisk, I always hide my silverballer next to his pistol since it's guaranteed that no guard will find it.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I just smothered Jordan in his cake and left the body there, and now I can't stop laughing. Someone found his body and the first conclusion they're going to draw is "holy poo poo, this guy was so excited for his birthday cake he ate half of it and died!"

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Then fail because one of them was killed by the breaching charge.
:mrwhite:

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Hi I only have Paris and Sapienza episodes loaded but have only played Paris so far. I decided to start on Italy tonight but everytime I run the briefing the screen just goes to black, the music cuts out and nothing happens.. Is this a common problem or is there a solution?

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Verify your files (in steam), that should solve your problem.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So hey, watching the E3 trailer again, who's the guy in sunglasses making snuff photography of that woman in a yellow bikini? I can figure out who everyone else is meant to be in the game but I draw a blank with that dude. Was looking forward to throttling him.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

He's not in the game! Maybe he was cut, maybe changed out for someone else (Jordan Cross? also has a murdered-a-girl thing going on), maybe someone who will show up in season 2...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Samopsa posted:

He's not in the game! Maybe he was cut, maybe changed out for someone else (Jordan Cross? also has a murdered-a-girl thing going on), maybe someone who will show up in season 2...
Yeah, I could buy him being an early-version of Jordan Cross. He could still be reworked into a new target though.