Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should it be legal for other people to assault you if they disagree with you?
This poll is closed.
Yes 183 49.06%
No 190 50.94%
Total: 328 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
I think not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

You should absolutely be able to punch people in the face if you don't like what they represent. But only if they represent bad things. As arbitrated by good people. Bad people shouldn't be allowed to punch people with good opinions is what I'm trying to say here.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
It's good that the law and morality are two different things, because it should not be legal to assault people, but it is morally correct to assault Nazis.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Hogge Wild posted:

I think not.

https://canipunchnazis.com/

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
All lives are precious, please do not attack others unless you've run out of other options!

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Will someone think of the poor nazis :qq:?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Not a Step posted:

You should absolutely be able to punch people in the face if you don't like what they represent. But only if they represent bad things. As arbitrated by good people. Bad people shouldn't be allowed to punch people with good opinions is what I'm trying to say here.

not an emptyquote

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Not a Step posted:

Given that every somewhat popular political ideology in America falls clearly in the (far) right wing of the political spectrum, I don't think we have to worry about good people being assaulted as long as we keep tourists away from marches.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It should not be legal to punch people because you dislike them, no.

It is also a very good thing that Richard Spencer was punched, twice, and also spit on, and is currently fearful to go outside, because he inspires groups of people to do things like doxx and threaten minorities, engages in such activities himself, wants to enact ethnic cleansing in our country, and says things like this regularly:

https://twitter.com/BlackAutonomist/status/822818627523117056

Ideally that won't be the last time he gets punched.

Edit: As an irrelevant but highly-entertaining bonus, here's another story about Nazis getting beat up.

https://twitter.com/mlowdi/status/822764458758049795

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jan 22, 2017

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Trick question. Nazis aren't people.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Okay gently caress it this topic is a piece of poo poo anyway so I'll :shrek: it up.

When the gently caress did you Pure Leftists™ become such loving pussies? You were uncompromising in your beliefs leading up to the election, but now with protests and Nazis being punched you're suddenly clutching your pearls. What the gently caress happened? Did your balls drop?

EDIT: I assume you're leftists cause if not then you're a Nazi supporter in which case go gently caress yourself.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

SSNeoman posted:

Okay gently caress it this topic is a piece of poo poo anyway so I'll :shrek: it up.

When the gently caress did you Pure Leftists™ become such loving pussies? You were uncompromising in your beliefs leading up to the election, but now with protests and Nazis being punched you're suddenly clutching your pearls. What the gently caress happened? Did your balls drop?

EDIT: I assume you're leftists cause if not then you're a Nazi supporter in which case go gently caress yourself.

liberals are not true leftists, they're the white moderates MLK complained about.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
also bash the fash, thanks & god bless

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

ugh drat that was bad. nvm sa, have some funny videos of nazi being punched which is funny because more people don't punch nazis even though we really should and it has good music

https://twitter.com/prttybadtweeter/status/822620848897069056

https://twitter.com/JordanFreiman/status/822600697560625154

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
It shouldn't be legal.

But jury nullification still exists and is cool and good when used to help people who punch Nazis in their goddamn faces.

The moral of the story is gently caress the fascists.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Punching Nazis makes you like Tom Hanks and Captain America and superman. You want to be like them don't you?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

rudatron posted:

All lives are precious, please do not attack others unless you've run out of other options!

So what are the options?

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, if op is obliquely referring to spencer being punched, that's not just 'you disagree with them'. Self defense is justified, and so is defense of another. You can't bitch and moan about free speech, when you're willing to selfishly deny the rights of others.

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth
WANTED:
BATMAN

For vigilante crimes

$10 000 REWARD

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Steve2911 posted:

So what are the options?
that depends, i guess, on what the situation is? i feel like what i said is a good moral guideline

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

rudatron posted:

that depends, i guess, on what the situation is? i feel like what i said is a good moral guideline

The situation is the one that is happening now that we are talking about.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Svartvit posted:

WANTED:
BATMAN

For vigilante crimes

$10 000 REWARD

Batman is the 1%.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Svartvit posted:

WANTED:
BATMAN

For vigilante crimes

$10 000 REWARD

Of all the people who could beat up Nazis Batman is clearly the least cool one.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

What we need is Superman in his Red Son incarnation.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

punching nazis owns incredibly hard.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012
Reminder: The punch Richard Spencer took for being a nazi was not caught on camera. He was punched for talking about memes in real life like it was 2005 or something.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Frogfingers posted:

Reminder: The punch Richard Spencer took for being a nazi was not caught on camera. He was punched for talking about memes in real life like it was 2005 or something.

The alt right in a nutshell.

Let me play a sad song on the world's smallest violin for poor little Nazis who got punched for being an advocate of genocide and also a case of being a terminally uncool nerd while doing it. The alt right can gently caress off.

Edit: in before whiny Reddit arguments about free speech or handwringing about legitimizing political violence when people like this guy already think murdering all blacks people is A OK.

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jan 22, 2017

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
I think you're confused OP. Richard Spencer didn't get punched, which is easily proven by the fact that it's the lügenpresse who started reporting on it first. Therefore it's a lie and he is fine and unpunched.

People should keep unpunching him the same way as the 20th tbqh.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Frogfingers posted:

I'm pretty sure both punches happened on account of him being Richard Spencer, Actual Nazi, it's just the one came while he was talking about Pepe.

Agnosticnixie posted:

I think you're confused OP. Richard Spencer didn't get punched, which is easily proven by the fact that it's the lügenpresse who started reporting on it first. Therefore it's a lie and he is fine and unpunched.

People should keep unpunching him the same way as the 20th tbqh.

He was given an alt-hug. It was a rather touching display, really, crossing the political spectrum in a manner that should have bipartisan support.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Like people describing genocide as a difference of opinion is legit disgusting enough to make me wonder whether the gulag isn't unironically a good idea at this point and I'm not even a marxist.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Frogfingers posted:

What do you mean 2005? Memes are more well known and discussed about today.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Hogge Wild posted:

What do you mean 2005? Memes are more well known and discussed about today.

He was about to talk about dumb 4chan poo poo like it was ytmnd.com, dude had it coming.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Frogfingers posted:

He was about to talk about dumb 4chan poo poo like it was ytmnd.com, dude had it coming.

Now it's more like ptnfgs.com

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdo9cG3bI2Q

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I think if as part of your world view you decided that other people are lesser than you then you deserve to lose your status as member of the human race. Which would also make it legal to smash you in your smarmy face.

Incidentally, is saying that being a Neo-Nazi is just a difference of opinion the most liberal thing ever? Either that or donating money to your opponents so they can go back to oppressing people.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
The Real Golden Rule: Treat others how they want to treat others.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

Incidentally, is saying that being a Neo-Nazi is just a difference of opinion the most liberal thing ever? Either that or donating money to your opponents so they can go back to oppressing people.

Definitely the latter, with the former coming close second. Treating politics like a sportsmanlike game is some crass poo poo when people's lives hang in the balance. The whole "they go low, we go high" thing has to die and the sooner it does the better.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

TomViolence posted:

Definitely the latter, with the former coming close second. Treating politics like a sportsmanlike game is some crass poo poo when people's lives hang in the balance. The whole "they go low, we go high" thing has to die and the sooner it does the better.

People still need role models. If the model political activists main duties were beating people in the street, you would scare away people who would otherwise want to help common causes. Trump voters are 1% nazis 99% uneducated white voters who were tricked into buying a timeshare. Trump was treated like candy in the media, all flavour and no substance and now America has diabetes.

It's what happens when you make politics as simple as possible so people who watch The Voice can digest it without the Cliff Notes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In 99% of cases you probably shouldn't go around assaulting people. However, if you know you can get away with it or you're willing to accept the consequences then might as well go for it if the person just fills you with that much anger. Just because you're a person doesn't mean you should bee immune to being punched in the face. Some people just straight up deserve it to be perfectly honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
I like hurting others as much as anyone, but what's the point aside from getting an erection? Isn't democracy the real issue here? Why should these people have any kind of power?

• Locked thread