Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
Team Gaki streamed Ultraman Dash on New Years day, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Does anyone know where I could see previous Ultraman Dash episodes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

No streaming links yet but it looks like part one of the batsu sub is out:

https://www.teamgaki.com/science-lab-batsu-20162017-part-1/

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

Help Im Alive posted:

No streaming links yet but it looks like part one of the batsu sub is out:

https://www.teamgaki.com/science-lab-batsu-20162017-part-1/

Fast work. I really enjoyed this years Batsu, especially Tanaka wearing the crying baby mask

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I chose to not watch live this time for the first time in a good 3-4 years and I'm regretting it, but in for a penny, in for a pound with the part by part subs.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I keep seeing gifs of a guy eating a doorhandle that's been made out of chocolate, does anyone know where that's from and have that segment of whatever show it is? Are there other similar segments on that show?

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

flatluigi posted:

I keep seeing gifs of a guy eating a doorhandle that's been made out of chocolate, does anyone know where that's from and have that segment of whatever show it is? Are there other similar segments on that show?

I actually mentioned it earlier. It's Ultraman Dash. I have absolutely no clue where to watch it though. Team Gaki did a live stream for New Years, but I don't think they saved that stream. A whopping 10 of us tuned in.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe

flatluigi posted:

That's not the segment of some variety show where they were having someone bite into things to determine if they were elaborate chocolate recreations of everyday items? I remember seeing a pair of dress shoes and how surprised everyone was when they were bitten into and turned out to be entirely made of chocolate.

I think I remember a door handle being part of that.

Is that vague enough for you? :sweatdrop:

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Yeah I remember that, one of the things was a microphone.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
The specific name of the segment is Sokkuri Sweets.

http://kotaku.com/can-you-tell-whats-chocolate-the-eagerly-awaited-seque-1679413908

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

See now that's just ruining it, the best part of the segment is seeing and hearing everyone's reactions to what people are biting into. gently caress Kotaku. Here's the real video links, which only took me about 10 minutes to find, enjoy.

First ep: http://en.channel.pandora.tv/channel/video.ptv?ch_userid=codeno001&prgid=49772373&categid=all&page=2&ref=channel&lot=program_list (timestamp is around 90 minutes in)

Second newest ep: https://vimeo.com/197720530 (48 minutes or so)

phourniner fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jan 22, 2017

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!

phourniner posted:

See now that's just ruining it, the best part of the segment is seeing and hearing everyone's reactions to what people are biting into. gently caress Kotaku. Here's the real video links, which only took me about 10 minutes to find, enjoy.

First ep: http://en.channel.pandora.tv/channel/video.ptv?ch_userid=codeno001&prgid=49772373&categid=all&page=2&ref=channel&lot=program_list (timestamp is around 90 minutes in)

Thanks, I've been curious after seeing the GIFs and really wanted to watch these.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

phourniner posted:

I've been bringing up Ultraman Dash as the program this whole thing is on for a while now, and I kept getting ignored, so eh. If anyone bothered to look it up, this years is the very first video link, and I didn't know if we could post it or not. Wasn't sure if posting links to vimeo and dailymotion was kosher. Also yes, gently caress Kotaku for a variety of reasons. I'm still trying to find full episodes of Ultraman Dash if anyone knows where to find them.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
If anyone has subtitled versions that'd be awesome.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

flatluigi posted:

If anyone has subtitled versions that'd be awesome.

Nah, translators are too busy working on 400 different tokusatsu and sentai shows.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Nipponophile posted:

Nah, translators are too busy working on 400 different tokusatsu and sentai shows.
It's always funny to me that in a weekend a Toku sub group gets out two 25 minute episodes, and when a movie's released they'll pump it out in about 2 weeks at most.

Then Gaki comes out and it takes 7 weeks to do a 10 minute chunk of translations

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

RealFoxy posted:

It's always funny to me that in a weekend a Toku sub group gets out two 25 minute episodes, and when a movie's released they'll pump it out in about 2 weeks at most.

Then Gaki comes out and it takes 7 weeks to do a 10 minute chunk of translations

There is only a single team devoted to Gaki, and it's actually gotten way smaller this year. They made an announcement on Facebook that it would take longer than usual this year to get the batsu game translated since their team is smaller than ever, and they would like new people to join up if possible. Most of their translators right now are students or full time workers.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I mean not for nothing but toku stuff has to be almost certainly the easiest stuff to translate. Basic sentences, repeated catchphrases and other things, nobody talking over anyone else, it's all super straight forward stuff that requires no thought. Batsu games are like the complete opposite where there's complex, uncommon sentences often with varying dialects with people constantly talking over each other and that's on top of the on-screen overlays that frequent the game. It has to be like the worst thing to try and sub.

That said, they've got the first 5 parts typeset and the first 3 parts nearly translated in 3 weeks, that's not a terribly bad pace. The issue, as always, is whether or not real life springs up for them. If it doesn't we'll probably get the sub in early March give or take.

I finally put my willpower to the test this year and am not watching in parts but waiting for the full sub.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Crotch Bat posted:

I mean not for nothing but toku stuff has to be almost certainly the easiest stuff to translate. Basic sentences, repeated catchphrases and other things, nobody talking over anyone else, it's all super straight forward stuff that requires no thought. Batsu games are like the complete opposite where there's complex, uncommon sentences often with varying dialects with people constantly talking over each other and that's on top of the on-screen overlays that frequent the game. It has to be like the worst thing to try and sub.

That said, they've got the first 5 parts typeset and the first 3 parts nearly translated in 3 weeks, that's not a terribly bad pace. The issue, as always, is whether or not real life springs up for them. If it doesn't we'll probably get the sub in early March give or take.

I finally put my willpower to the test this year and am not watching in parts but waiting for the full sub.

All this, plus trying to understand AND make the audience understand the joke! Which might just be "oh look, it's <random japanese tv celeb>, how wacky" which has like no reasonable way to make actual context for.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Part 2 is out at Team Gaki, and they claim part 3 will be out "quite soon".

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Toku is scripted and episodic stuff for children and teens with closed captions easily available, batsu dialogue is mostly unscripted banter where people occasionally talk over each other

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Nipponophile posted:

Part 2 is out at Team Gaki, and they claim part 3 will be out "quite soon".

Part 3 is out and it's got one of my favorite bits of the entire episode

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Is terrace house chat here, the netflix thread or some other thread?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

Is terrace house chat here, the netflix thread or some other thread?

I think someone tried to chat about it here earlier, just not much response. It's certainly on-topic.

Has US Netflix put up a whole season/series yet? Hearing they only had part of the first season available was what put me off.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Nipponophile posted:

I think someone tried to chat about it here earlier, just not much response. It's certainly on-topic.

Has US Netflix put up a whole season/series yet? Hearing they only had part of the first season available was what put me off.

They have the two Tokyo seasons in there and the start of the Hawaii one but not the Shonan originals.

I feel like subbed episodes of the original 8 seasons are out there but I guess I'd have to google around unless some intrepid poster could point the way.

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

Crotch Bat posted:

They have the two Tokyo seasons in there and the start of the Hawaii one but not the Shonan originals.

I feel like subbed episodes of the original 8 seasons are out there but I guess I'd have to google around unless some intrepid poster could point the way.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, no subs sadly.

https://www.youtube.com/user/terracehousech/playlists

also this

http://i.imgur.com/v0ER1sW.png

maybe someday they will be subbed

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

I've just blitzed the boys&girls in the city and its just really lovely. I found myself cheering for dates to go well, or people to become friends after falling out. And the last five episodes has a crazy thing happen that's best left unspoiled.

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

I just started watching last night, and oh my god, the show is just so damned charming and wonderful and cute. I had a permanent smile on my face the whole time. Only up to episode 5 of Boys & Girls in the City, but I love it so much. It's going to be really bad once I finish everything that's on Netflix, going to have an empty hole in my heart for this show.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Yessssss. Thats the start of uchi week right?

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

Yes. Also every time Yuri cries, I just lose it. What a sweetheart. I love all of them so much.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Terrace house is great, aside from Hansan I think my favorite is part has to be the panel of commentators they cut to.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

this thread made me start watching terrace house and i'm on episode 11 of the netflix series now. i hated baseball guy and am now mad at yuriko. arman seems cool so far though.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Yuriko is a precious angel i will fight you.

Arman is a chilled out goodboy

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

Yuriko is probably the best but I felt so bad for tap/ticket.

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

Tap is entirely my poo poo and I felt so bad for him. I would date him in a heartbeat. Arman is also incredibly hot and I would like to kiss him.

Basically this show makes me feel like I'm crushing on someone as a teenager again and I want that feeling to last forever. I am getting married next year and I still want that feeling of first love, ugh. But, you know, with my husband. I've even suggested going on more date nights together. This show is destroying me with love.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

I'm on episode 25-26 now and I don't know what to feel about Natsumi. I definitely don't think that Minori and Uchi stayed together though.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I just finished all of Terrace House:BGITC. Its so great, so many great moments and people. Hansan will forever live in my heart.

Major Spoilers for the last few episodes;
The reveal that Riko and Terashima had been hooking up in secret the entire time was mind-blowing. Prosecutor Byrnes cut that poo poo out fast though.

I really wish I could watch the original series somewhere with subtitles :(

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Pussy Quipped posted:

I just finished all of Terrace House:BGITC. Its so great, so many great moments and people. Hansan will forever live in my heart.

Major Spoilers for the last few episodes;
The reveal that Riko and Terashima had been hooking up in secret the entire time was mind-blowing. Prosecutor Byrnes cut that poo poo out fast though.

I really wish I could watch the original series somewhere with subtitles :(

yuuki's delivery of that question/accusation is such perfect television. It caught my wife and I off guard, and is a great Oh poo poo moment. And also I'm surprised they went and aired it. Stuff like that would instantly end an Idol's career normally.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Kingtheninja posted:

yuuki's delivery of that question/accusation is such perfect television. It caught my wife and I off guard, and is a great Oh poo poo moment. And also I'm surprised they went and aired it. Stuff like that would instantly end an Idol's career normally.

Yeah I'm surprised they did as well. Up until that point it's very clear the producers/"edit" is pushing the narrative of Riko being innocent and them not being together. They MUST have had footage of the two of them meeting up in secret that they didn't show, but when Byrnes decided to say something maybe they couldn't stop him?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

It must have been too good not to run. we actually looked up her Instagram around that time, August or something. Some comments were pretty brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

I wish they'd release more of Aloha State already. I need to binge again.