Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Anyone wall mount their PS4? Saw a couple options on Amazon, bit expensive though at $35-40

I have a ton of electronics/wires but I'm trying to give it the minimalist feel. Going to wall mount my TV and such. I got a two tier floating shelf, and was thinking about stashing the PS4 behind it as well as my wii-u w/ a wall mount (lol) found a simple headset wall mount

Why I'm saying is if anyone has a swanky minimalist/wall mounted TV setup post it so I can get some ideas tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

I think he's conflating Chinese MMO gold/EXP farmers with online coop.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I just realized that the only 3D (in a movement sense) fighter on the PS4 right now is DOA5. How did that happen? Are 3D fighters that out of fashion?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tekken 7 is out eventually but yeah, actual 3D fighting games died harder than 2D plane ones.

I would have said it's due to them appealing more to casual fighting game fans and those basically not existing anymore but VF at least had a dedicated fan base and is dead, other than being in Yakuza 6 anyway.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Tekken 7 announcement this week with the release date. WOOP WOOP!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Samurai Sanders posted:

I just realized that the only 3D (in a movement sense) fighter on the PS4 right now is DOA5. How did that happen? Are 3D fighters that out of fashion?

Tekken 7 is coming sometime this year, but yes, 3D fighters just aren't as popular as 2D fighters.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/TEKKEN/status/823530897999687680

"Early 2017" fam

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

That is not early 2017 as was promised, but I'll take having a solid date. It'll be a day one purchase for me. I adore Tekken.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Toilet Rascal
All the casual fans play 3D brawlers now.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Guess that gives me time to play it at Round1 and get good.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

So I just watched my girlfriend play through Journey. It was a first for both of us. She really really liked it. Both of of us had no idea that the fellow travelers you meet aren't NPC's.

We came across them and just thought it was rudimentary programming that they spam a symbol and run around. It wasn't until after we beat the game that the reveal was made.

We were both blown away. Video games are art, sometimes.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Samurai Sanders posted:

Even with the push towards eSports and games-as-a-service, we're not seeing too many new entries. In the case of some Japanese publishers, their fighting game developers were merged with other teams to work on more successful games or left the company altogether.

I guess you have Dissidia to look forward to. Whenever it comes out.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

revolther posted:

Honestly this is probably the future of gaming.

Americans feeling less stimulated than they ideally want to be, so they purchase a piece of Japanese software that allows Korean dudes to assist you in winning the game through Micro-transactions. It's like paying someone to point out what's referenced, clever, or interesting, about a movie or art exhibit.

Like, it's scary, that probably is the future.

Sir, this is a Bojangled drive-thru.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

My Lovely Horse posted:

I finally cleared my Christmas backlog so I get to try some more niche stuff, read I'm now clearing my PS Plus backlog starting with the Path of Destinies fox thing. Actually quite enjoy it, the gameplay seems like it might get a bit shallow in the long term but the gimmick is pretty good and you can knock out a story variation in a brief session. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong though, because a review I read had the reviewer mention how he'd played for 3-4 hours and finally unlocked the first truth, and I've so far played two variations and unlocked one each time.
You're not doing anything wrong but that reviewer must have been. It's been awhile since I've played but I could swear that every path could unlock a truth but there are multiple paths that can potentially unlock each. I'm pretty sure I unlocked the first three right away and then it took me a few tries to find a path that would get me the fourth.

mrbass21
Feb 1, 2009

My Lovely Horse posted:

I finally cleared my Christmas backlog so I get to try some more niche stuff, read I'm now clearing my PS Plus backlog starting with the Path of Destinies fox thing. Actually quite enjoy it, the gameplay seems like it might get a bit shallow in the long term but the gimmick is pretty good and you can knock out a story variation in a brief session. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong though, because a review I read had the reviewer mention how he'd played for 3-4 hours and finally unlocked the first truth, and I've so far played two variations and unlocked one each time.

It just depends on which paths you take. The way I did it was a depth first search algorithm because I wanted to see all the endings. I found the first two truths pretty fast, too. I ended I getting a platinum on the game cause I liked it so much. It's got some bugs still in it, but overall I remember it fondly and would recommend everyone play it.

I also thought the combat system was pretty fun. I have tons of Bluetooth interference where my PS4 is, and it was still enjoyable.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

J-Spot posted:

You're not doing anything wrong but that reviewer must have been. It's been awhile since I've played but I could swear that every path could unlock a truth but there are multiple paths that can potentially unlock each. I'm pretty sure I unlocked the first three right away and then it took me a few tries to find a path that would get me the fourth.

every path can unlock a truth but there are like 24 stories and 4 truths, so you have to find the right ones to get the truths you don't already have. I'd guess he found one truth and either didn't realise it or just meant it took him forever to find a path that got him the second one and got confused. either way, you definitely can't play through the game once without finding a truth.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Harada explains why Tekken 7 isn't coming Early 2017.

Basically SFV's single player portion bombing so hard made him and Bamco push things back so they can make sure stuff's ready.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Harada explains why Tekken 7 isn't coming Early 2017.

Basically SFV's single player portion bombing so hard made him and Bamco push things back so they can make sure stuff's ready.

Good. Always better to delay and finish than rush.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Does Bloodborne have any "point of no return" that I should be aware of? I think I'm close to the end. Just want to make sure that when I die on the last boss I'll still respawn at a lantern and be able to travel elsewhere if I want.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Minidust posted:

Does Bloodborne have any "point of no return" that I should be aware of? I think I'm close to the end. Just want to make sure that when I die on the last boss I'll still respawn at a lantern and be able to travel elsewhere if I want.

Nope. You can backtrack any time you want regardless.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Nope. You can backtrack any time you want regardless.

Unless you beat the final boss in which case it kicks you right into NG+

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Toilet Rascal
Can you leave Hunter's Dream after it's on fire? I didn't think that was an option.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

haveblue posted:

Can you leave Hunter's Dream after it's on fire? I didn't think that was an option.

yes, you can still walk right over to a headstone and go wherever

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Alright cool thanks! I've seen a lot of posts warning first-time players to do the expansion content before NG+, so that's good to know.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Minidust posted:

Alright cool thanks! I've seen a lot of posts warning first-time players to do the expansion content before NG+, so that's good to know.

Lol yeah it's good advice going into the dlc for the first time at level 120 ng+++ or whatever was loving brutal

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

There is no real point of no return, you can go anywhere up until the final boss fight, and even if you die you can just go back to wherever you want.

That said though you can lock yourself into endings once you actually engage the boss so there's that.

Edit: Goddamn people got to that fast :stare:

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

For people who have beaten Bloodborne, is Nioh comparable in difficulty or harder or easier? I mean, I beat Bloodborne

Difficult to say, I found Bloodborne extremely hard to begin with, but since beat it.

I'm finding Nioh about the same level of difficulty as Bloodborne when I first played it, but this is probably because I'm not used to the mechanics yet, it's a similar game but different enough that you need to learn new things to get through it.

I've summoned people that have ripped through the demo level with ease, so I'm assuming it just takes practice to get good...

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Also Soul Calibur basically murdered itself last generation.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

mycot posted:

Also Soul Calibur basically murdered itself last generation.

My most regretted gaming purchase is Soul Calibur V.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Can anyone confirm that the platinum headset doesn't work wirelessly on PC? articles i'm seeing say 'because it uses a dongle for wireless it won't work on PC' but the gold headset did too and it worked fine.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Liver Disaster posted:

My most regretted gaming purchase is Soul Calibur V.

Soul Calibur II is my jam. I still enjoy the hell out of SCIV.

Soul Calibur V is...it's...:smith:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Luckily, Tekken 7 is coming out in June. Namco always considered Soul Calibur secondary to Tekken, and they ran SC into the ground last generation. Hopefully if T7 does well we'll get a new Soul Calibur.

Virtua Fighter was always respected, but it never had a serious following in the West.

There aren't really that many other marquee 3D fighters. It used to be easier in the PS1/PS2 days when developers could afford to make plenty of weird games that didn't need to be blockbusters. Capcom had Rival Schools and Star Gladiator for example, along with a million 2D games like Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, Marvel, etc. Now it's big news that they'll have 2 fighting games out at the same time.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

And trip reports for Res Evil 7? Im happy its a new direction, but I didn't care for Outlast, and Im worried it has that vib.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Bombadilillo posted:

And trip reports for Res Evil 7? Im happy its a new direction, but I didn't care for Outlast, and Im worried it has that vib.

Buzz looks pretty positive so far, Destructoid gave it a 10/10 and I don't know when I've ever seen them give a score that high.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Toilet Rascal
Most of the reviews describe it as an old school haunted house game like the series used to be, with more than a little Silent Hill/PT mixed in.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

The Walrus posted:

Can anyone confirm that the platinum headset doesn't work wirelessly on PC? articles i'm seeing say 'because it uses a dongle for wireless it won't work on PC' but the gold headset did too and it worked fine.

I thought the digital foundry review said it DID work wirelessly on PC with the dongle but you may want to check out that review

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Beastie posted:

So I just watched my girlfriend play through Journey. It was a first for both of us. She really really liked it. Both of of us had no idea that the fellow travelers you meet aren't NPC's.

We came across them and just thought it was rudimentary programming that they spam a symbol and run around. It wasn't until after we beat the game that the reveal was made.

We were both blown away. Video games are art, sometimes.

Play it through some more. If you meet someone with a white robe and they are trying to get your attention, just follow them around.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Every time I fire up Bloodborne for a second playthrough I make these grand designs about the new character I'm going to make; imagining all sorts of fun builds and thinking about which cool new weapon I'm going to use. Two or three deaths into the new character, however, I abandon the attempt and just fire up my original character's NG+ game, where he runs around in the Executioner's robes with that giant loving saw cleaving everything in twain. :black101:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Wandle Cax posted:

Is the full game of Nioh going to have an easy mode or something because I might enjoy it but I died 2000 times playing the demo alone and i don't have the stomach to play through a death simulator

No, but it does have a hard mode. The normal level is effectively 'easy mode', although really more like normal.

Its a souls-like game which are all about challenge, and its made by Team Ninja who made the infamous Ninja Gaiden Black, so... yeah. Expect challenge.

That said, when I first started the demo I died like 20 times to the first enemy, by the end of the demo I was running through the entire Twilight level without issue killing multiple demons at the same time. You get significantly better as you adapt to the game's unique mechanics. Not even souls vets can jump into the game and know what to do, its very unique. The combat is very deep, but very very rewarding.

But yeah, if its too hard, "easy mode" is just summoning help.

Note: Nioh has 2 multiplayer modes. One you summon a phantom like souls, but the other you actually form a party and you can rez party members if they die! There's your easy mode :) Have a friend just carry you and rez you if you die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Renoistic posted:

Yeah the duel seemed impossible to me at level 11. I didn't get a good look - is there a parry/reposte ability?

Muneshige was hard for me at like level 20. He's not an easy fight, but man it was pretty drat fun learning his tells and moves. Good duel fight, but the kind of thing that should be optional (and it sure seems like it is)

Sakurazuka posted:

No but the stage in the demo is like difficulty rating 5 and you start at level 1 so I assume in the full game there's going to be some easier stages to start off with? How much easier they are is anyone's guess.

The difficulty rating changes as you level. By the time you're level 20 the difficulty rating for all the demo missions was 1. So its just a matter of leveling up a bit RPG style.