Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Just got a 15 from Battleye for using AHK, which is the only way for Shadowplay to record your mic with PTT on a mouse button. I hate everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Just got a 15 from Battleye for using AHK, which is the only way for Shadowplay to record your mic with PTT on a mouse button. I hate everything.

I record my mic through shadowplay with PTT on a mouse button without using AHK.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I record my mic through shadowplay with PTT on a mouse button without using AHK.

Wait, what? How?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Basticle posted:

Wait, what? How?

programmable buttons my nigga.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

My mouse isn't programmable either! :argh:

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aLnBtA4fiU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

That line I said is a lot funnier seeing echo play like an idiot.

E: I think my problem loading this game was Bnet started a download with no notice capped at 100k/s (???) which was taking up my memory

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jan 22, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Fix the game, Hard. :colbert:

http://streamable.com/k96yi

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Haha cmon that was legit.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

That line I said is a lot funnier seeing echo play like an idiot.

E: I think my problem loading this game was Bnet started a download with no notice capped at 100k/s (???) which was taking up my memory

That's downloading for an upcoming patch. I assume they thought 100k/s wouldn't disrupt anyone's Internet. I just removed the cap.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2EG0b3yX3k

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."
Short teaser of the new map coming out in the next update. Looks like a villa or beach resort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE1h-IMLefY

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

can't wait to get peeked on a beach!

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Hard posted:

The report to battleye option does that. I know its counter-intuitive AF but thats whats available for now. :/
When it comes to voice chat however it's harder to keep track of them but you can mute them i guess.

How do you report someone to battleye?

e: think this was answered on the last page!

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jan 23, 2017

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Those pool balls better be physic enabled.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

And the pool better have water in it. can't believe how many game cheap out on the water.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Rectus posted:

And the pool better have water in it. can't believe how many game cheap out on the water.

Not sure if cheaping out is the right choice of words, In limited environment like MP or consoles, coding realistic water ( reflection, physics, new set of animations if you can go swim etc) can be super costly. Sometimes devs prefer investing that memory somewhere else.

Not talking about whether this particular pool will have water or not it was just a FYI about the :pcgaming: Marvellous World Of Game Design :pcgaming: and why so many ''none watery'' games lacks it or make it inaccessible.

e: VV nah man it's the Christ the Redeemer statue that's sucking up all the juice. Taking him down would be a sin.

Hard fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jan 23, 2017

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Hard posted:

Not sure if cheaping out is the right choice of words, In limited environment like MP or consoles, coding realistic water ( reflection, physics, new set of animations if you can go swim etc) can be super costly. Sometimes devs prefer investing that memory somewhere else.

Not talking about whether this particular pool will have water or not it was just a FYI about the :pcgaming: Marvellous World Of Game Design :pcgaming: and why so many ''none watery'' games lacks it or make it inaccessible.

So can we disable the secret ocean on favela? because that map still runs like doodoo.

Also new map looks fantastic, can't wait. You have to add swim trunks and sandal cosmetics for all operators now

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

afkmacro posted:

So can we disable the secret ocean on favela? because that map still runs like doodoo.

Also new map looks fantastic, can't wait. You have to add swim trunks and sandal cosmetics for all operators now

Frost's vacation headgear needs to come back.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Hard posted:

Yeah, I'm well well aware of the effort it takes to implement water, but I still get disappointed every time I come across an empty pool.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
Is there a setup for my guns that's considered ideal? Do I want a certain sight over another, or is it just whichever I think would be best for looking at the bad guys? Do the other players see my laser sight?

Help me Siege goons!

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Hard posted:

e: VV nah man it's the Christ the Redeemer statue that's sucking up all the juice. Taking him down would be a sin.

Just as long as the bodies float.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Just put a tarp over the pool and make going over it an instant drown death.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Rectus posted:

Yeah, I'm well well aware of the effort it takes to implement water, but I still get disappointed every time I come across an empty pool.

Oh yeah i feel you, from a players perspective I completely agree. All the technical gibberish in the world wouldn't change the fact thats theres no water in X game and it sucks.

BadLlama posted:

Just put a tarp over the pool and make going over it an instant drown death.

Just the 3 armor operators!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Sdoots posted:

Is there a setup for my guns that's considered ideal? Do I want a certain sight over another, or is it just whichever I think would be best for looking at the bad guys? Do the other players see my laser sight?

Help me Siege goons!

Don't use laser sights as everyone sees the dot (and I don't really notice much of an increase in hip-fire accuracy anyway, in all honesty), aside from maybe if you're a shield user.
In any case, I normally use the red dot sight on all guns aside from the semi-auto DMRs as well as Thermite+Hibana's rifles (which I use ACOG sights on). This is because I don't think you really need the added magnification for the vast majority of guns as most combat will take place in CQB scenarios, and I find the added peripheral with red dot sights is more useful.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Shotguns are noticably tighter with laser dots, they might be worth it

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Shotguns are noticably tighter with laser dots, they might be worth it

Oh, I hadn't noticed that (although I rarely use shotguns, so no surprise there), although I did hear in this thread that aiming down the sight actually makes the pellet grouping tighter/smaller as well. If so, do both advantages stack, and make an ultra-tight grouping? :D

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

why would the laser pointer hip fire advantage stack with that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcKkVGQks4I

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Wooper posted:

why would the laser pointer hip fire advantage stack with that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcKkVGQks4I

One bonus plus another bonus equals two bonuses (or rather, one larger bonus)? :D I wasn't being serious when I said that, though - frankly there shouldn't be bonuses to how tight your buckshot grouping is, aside from distance to target.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

If laser dots were a general accuracy improvement instead of just useless firing then people might use it

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I use ACOGs on every gun that will take them because it makes it easier for my lovely old man eyes to pick out assholes hiding in the shadows with just their little ski mask peeking out. I still die to that way too often.

When I get back to playing, I need to turn down my settings people have been saying to see if that helps.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Zaodai posted:

I use ACOGs on every gun that will take them because it makes it easier for my lovely old man eyes to pick out assholes hiding in the shadows with just their little ski mask peeking out. I still die to that way too often.

Yeah, I use ACOGs not for the zoom really but just because its makes it easier to find guys heads hiding behind a desk between two lamps and a pile of books.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

the zoom is what makes it easier

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

The ACOG is good, but I still prefer the others most of the time. If I need to pick a head out of noise then they're probably waiting for me and I'm already dead. I don't like losing so much peripheral vision most of the time. I think the ACOG is more valuable for defenders.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

The ACOG is good, but I still prefer the others most of the time. If I need to pick a head out of noise then they're probably waiting for me and I'm already dead. I don't like losing so much peripheral vision most of the time. I think the ACOG is more valuable for defenders.

Yeah, I totally agree with this. I particularly like the ACOG on Jager, and being the aforementioned defender hiding behind a desk between two lamps and a pile of books. (Although normally I find myself using Bandit, in which case I'm going 100% CQB, so I use the red dot sight on him, anyway.)

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Is Uplay dead?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The Duggler posted:

Is Uplay dead?

Always. Uplay is complete garbage. It's the only reason I haven't considered pre-ordering For Honor. If it were a Steam game or something, I'd be throwing money at the screen.

Please Ubisoft, throw some dev time are your horrible trashcan Steam ripoff.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

If someone takes legit 3+ minutes to load every round, they should be auto-kicked :argh:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I cant connect :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

If someone takes legit 3+ minutes to load every round, they should be auto-kicked :argh:

Yeah, it gets pretty annoying after the first couple of times. I can accept it being slow for the first round (since sometimes my PC takes a little longer than the average time for round one even, and I don't have issues with other games), but if it's like that every round? Yeah nah, it's time to buy a new machine

• Locked thread