Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Manbabies are still arguing over your fever dream, 40 years on George. Top work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Medullah posted:

I think Kanan is intended to be mostly unlikable. He's a Jedi who got thrust into the position of pseudo-Master without any of the proper training. He's trying to stick to the "old ways" of Jedi training while being forced to learn that those ways are really no more.

Can't wait to see Luke gently caress it up with Rey.

I hope he does the Joker laugh while riding on her back.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

just wait till they tell him Han died

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He already knew, probably was watching it on Jedi Vision

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Not rebels, but...

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/823561256078548992

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Last Jedi

I'll keep rooting for Kanan to live until Hera is sobbing over his still warm corpse. :smith:

Alternatively, good, the Jedi were kinda dumb towards the end. New children of the force like Ezra and Rey should forge their own path.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Bad Moon posted:

Can't wait to see Luke gently caress it up with Rey.

I hope he does the Joker laugh while riding on her back.

Luke went crazy as a hermit and now cackles a lot and keeps calling Rey "Bats".

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Alternatively, good, the Jedi were kinda dumb towards the end. New children of the force like Ezra and Rey should forge their own path.

This is 100% what it's going to be. The Jedi and Sith destroyed each other down to the last man and now brand new space religions will take their places in the universe.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

DarklyDreaming posted:

This is 100% what it's going to be. The Jedi and Sith destroyed each other down to the last man and now brand new space religions will take their places in the universe.

The diminishing importance of the Jedi in the new EU is hilarious, in a way. In the old EU, EVERYTHING was Jedi v. Sith at one point and everything was all about them. They were everywhere and did everything. As a reaction to that, the new EU is really slicing things down and making the Jedi and Sith just two religious groups where the former got a lot of political power for a long time until the later took power for a short time and then they wiped each other out. In a weird way, they are no longer this end-all, be-all, but just two religions that have a lot of power and now are just faint memories.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

VolticSurge posted:

What would the other 4 in your list be? Just curious.
You didn't ask me, but my top five would be:
Twilight of the Apprentice
The Forgotten Droid
Rise of the Old Masters
Siege of Lothal
Trials of the Darksaber

I loved all the Vader appearances, and Forgotten Droid is the most underrated episode of the show. What're yours?

e: forgot to include this week's episode!

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

DancinBrud posted:

I loved all the Vader appearances, and Forgotten Droid is the most underrated episode of the show. What're yours?

In no clear order:

Vision of Hope
The Future of The Force
Legends of the Lasat
The Honorable Ones
Ghosts of Geonosis

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

DarklyDreaming posted:

Wow, so how is that different from the end of ROTJ?

Covok
May 27, 2013

MrJacobs posted:

Wow, so how is that different from the end of ROTJ?

To be honest, not much. The only difference is the writers who follow-up won't make it all about Luke trying to restore the Jedi and instead about making a new way, possibly.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Last Jedi

I'll keep rooting for Kanan to live until Hera is sobbing over his still warm corpse. :smith:

Jedi is also the plural form. I hope Kanan lives :ohdear:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That's actually a good point. All the discussion I've seen is wondering if Luke or Rey is the 'last' but it could mean both of them, or even a few others as the last group of Jedi. But more likely Luke refuses to teach Rey to be a Jedi, but instead teaches her to be something new.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Gaz-L posted:

But more likely Luke refuses to teach Rey to be a Jedi, but instead teaches her to be something new.

Its actually kind of funny, because Kanan is somewhat unintentionally doing the same to Ezra. Sure he is teaching Ezra to use the force and even stuff like avoiding the Dark Side, but aside from parroting a few old Jedi sayings, he isn't exactly teaching a lot of their creed (at least as we saw it via the Council). I mean, Kanan himself sure as hell is violating the whole "no attachments" and stuff, what with his relationship with Hera or even the rest of the crew.

Then again, Kanan probably didn't get a lot of those lessons himself, he was only Depa's padawan for a couple months before O66 hit.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
They mean the Jedi before the current one. You know, the last one.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Imagine if at the end of the first Karate Kid movie, Mr. Miyagi dropped dead of a heart attack, leaving Daniel as "The Last Miyagi-do Karateka." Who then proceeds to take students.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
But that would lead to some sort of Return of the... Miyagi-do

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

TheCenturion posted:

Imagine if at the end of the first Karate Kid movie, Mr. Miyagi dropped dead of a heart attack, leaving Daniel as "The Last Miyagi-do Karateka." Who then proceeds to take students.

Wouldn't some Okinawans from part 2 still use the style though?

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

MrJacobs posted:

Wouldn't some Okinawans from part 2 still use the style though?

Well, no. Father to son. That's why Sato hated Miyagi. But like force user doesn't mean Jedi, karateka doesn't mean Miyagi-do karateka.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I wanna see Count Kreese and his apprentice Darth Johnny.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Last Jedi

Rey and Luke just stared at each other until they starved to death at the end of TFA and VIII is actually all about Kanan.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Rey and Luke just stared at each other until they starved to death at the end of TFA and VIII is actually all about Kanan.

No way.

Rey died of exposure first.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Zoran posted:

No way.

Rey died of exposure first.

More like the lack of exposure, heyooo

...I'm so glad you can buy Rey toys now.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheCenturion posted:

Well, no. Father to son. That's why Sato hated Miyagi. But like force user doesn't mean Jedi, karateka doesn't mean Miyagi-do karateka.

Miyagi didn't have Holocrons.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Kylo Ren is the Daniel and Rey is the Johnny, because she cheated and got someone to injure him before their big match-up (and he hates his parents because they made him move to California).

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

punchymcpunch posted:

Kylo Ren is the Daniel and Rey is the Johnny, because she cheated and got someone to injure him before their big match-up (and he hates his parents because they made him move to California).

I'd make a snarky comment about the white guy with the fascists secretly being the real victim, but... well... the real world is making that narrative seem depressingly like something people would actually buy.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Gaz-L posted:

I'd make a snarky comment about the white guy with the fascists secretly being the real victim, but... well... the real world is making that narrative seem depressingly like something people would actually buy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Gz_iTuRMM

Edit: "From my perspective, the Miyagi dojo are evil!"

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jan 24, 2017

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

VolticSurge posted:

What would the other 4 in your list be? Just curious.

In no particular order: Siege of Lothal, whatever the name of the first Yoda episode is, Twilight of the Apprentice, and Antilles Extraction.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I really wish I could care about the side characters. But I just can't muster up the energy for them like I do the Jedi/Sith. It might be because they rarely do much of significance and when they do, it always comes down to some temporary issue they have to resolve that seems invented for them (which, of course, it is, but it shouldn't feel as obvious as it is). It might also be because the two Orders represent the struggle of the the series as a whole and that just interests me a lot more than filler episodes like the one with the special droid.

Our new Fulcrum however DOES interest me, despite him being not much more than a two-bit villain earlier, his conflict means there's some actual tension in scenes he appears in.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
So I heard from a """source""" that in a future season Kyle Katarn and Prince Xizor are being reintroduced/recanonized.

Take that with a rather large grain of salt, but my mind reels at the possibilities...

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

IronSaber posted:

So I heard from a """source""" that in a future season Kyle Katarn and Prince Xizor are being reintroduced/recanonized.

Take that with a rather large grain of salt, but my mind reels at the possibilities...

Black Sun are already canon, and Sabine's friend whose name escapes me is a memeber so Prince Xizor isn't such a stretch I think.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

IronSaber posted:

Man I hope that means that we get a introduction to the charming smuggler Dash Rendar, who hops in his ship which is promptly blown up. Would be such a fantastic meta joke.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Roth posted:

Black Sun are already canon, and Sabine's friend whose name escapes me is a memeber so Prince Xizor isn't such a stretch I think.

How much of Black Sun's leadership was killed off by Maul? They could use a power vacuum to show his rise to power.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Roth posted:

Ketsu Onyo?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Yeah, that's the one

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

IronSaber posted:

Give me Revan or give me death :colbert:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Bad Moon posted:

Give me Revan or give me death :colbert:

A recently relased deleted scene from Clone Wars would have made Revan canon.

https://youtu.be/zSSyZifehf0

It's an animatic so it looks and sounds like poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Dodged a bullet there. Good thing they remembered Sith can't be ghosts.

• Locked thread