Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
For most games it can be fixed with just a hard drive->ssd swap.
I think someone mentioned several pages back that the 4K textures also take forever, even on high-end machines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Game crashed on the loading screen. Won't let me reconnect to my group, they get a random pubbie that joins. They finally finish, I rejoin the group, and immediately get a 15 minute ranked ban.

Hard please.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

If laser dots were a general accuracy improvement instead of just useless firing then people might use it

i feel like they only really help with pistol/shield dudes and even then it doesnt matter

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Hard fix your game or I take back all the nice things I ever said about you.

*EDIT*

I'll chargeback all 500 dollars worth of skins.

IceOrb fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 24, 2017

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Hard BRING THE SERVERS BACK UP!

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Ubisoft has one good game but you can't play it anymore.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Wooper posted:

Don't tell me something's happened to Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory!?

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Major Isoor posted:

Very first game i've ''fixed''.

Wooper posted:

Was that a compliment? Because i'm gonna take it.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT-aio7YdbE

Dropping in that skylight really really shouldn't have worked.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Major Isoor posted:

Hard posted:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hard posted:

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Hard posted:

Hey, you worked on my favorite game ever. Thanks for that.

I'd been having alright luck with pubs, but it seems like that luck has run out. It's gone from goofing around between rounds and everyone getting along to the typical FPS fare of calling people names and bitching whenever they die.

Is the info in the OP still accurate insofar as getting in games with other goons? I'm probably going to go that route tonight or tomorrow.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

IceOrb posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT-aio7YdbE

Dropping in that skylight really really shouldn't have worked.

Why Recruit?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Couldn't play r6 or division last night. Sad!

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Luminaflare posted:

Why Recruit?

recruits have the fastest speed and can take most weapons so its a viable strategy

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
Plus recruit is the only attacker that can get the 870.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Sdoots posted:

Is the info in the OP still accurate insofar as getting in games with other goons? I'm probably going to go that route tonight or tomorrow.

Yeah i try to keep the whole OP up to date. PC mumble / discord still stands.

Still don't know how console goons do it, maybe PS4 has a community/group .

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Hard posted:

Still don't know how console goons do it, maybe PS4 has a community/group .

Not that I've managed to find yet. I have no friends in any R6 Siege groups either and I'm friends with pretty much every single goon on the PS4 friends spreadsheet.

I think I might make a community for it later today.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Luminaflare posted:

Why Recruit?

As others have mentioned versatility is the main reason you'd take it.

Think about how annoying Ash is. Now imagine if there was Ash + 4 other people just as fast with the same laser accurate gun and they have frags.

This style of strat is not the slow play style, it's very much a "we know where they are so let's zerg the point" kind of strat.

Also for the longest time we had this guy we'd play with called Saucy that would religiously run the 870 and do really well with it. So over time we'd come to call that the "Saucy Special" and use it as an all out rush tactic.

Amusingly if you say "it's time to Saucy Special" with him in the room half the time he has no idea what we are talking about.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

My favorite defender is german recruit with the carbine AR and C4.

Favorite recruit attacker is 3 armor french guy with a famas and frags.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

BadLlama posted:

My favorite defender is REDACTED

Delete this before more people start using it

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

BadLlama posted:

My favorite defender is german recruit with the carbine AR and C4.

Favorite recruit attacker is 3 armor french guy with a famas and frags.

The Duggler posted:

Delete this before more people start using it

Too late I'm saving this for when I get home.

Has anyone played For Honor here? I can't find a goon thread and I just got an invite to the closed betademo, apparently I can invite three garbage idiots on my ubi friends list so if you already have me added PM me for invite.

afkmacro fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jan 24, 2017

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

afkmacro posted:

Has anyone played For Honor here? I can't find a goon thread and I just got an invite to the closed betademo, apparently I can invite three garbage idiots on my ubi friends list so if you already have me added PM me for invite.

I got an invite too, I found Chivalry entertaining for a little bit so it maybe this will be to?

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

afkmacro posted:

Too late I'm saving this for when I get home.

No thread probably because up until now all alpha/betas were pretty much NDA.

I'll probably give this one a try if they have all classes unlocked this time.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

For Honor was pretty bad during the Alpha (?). People slept pretty hard on Siege too though so who knows what ubi can pull off

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
I saw you were invited Duggler, looking forward to put something sharp up ur butte.

Also since this is the Siege thread:

https://gfycat.com/NeedyBetterIndochinahogdeer

https://g.redditmedia.com/Gld7Tv1FN...bddb2d1de66a4f0

e: VV__ after pulling this one off I would have detonated it too, teammate in the way or not.

Hard fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 25, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
http://streamable.com/td2f6

(clipping c4 or cameras through the supports is actually really hard)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Hard posted:

Ah, very nice! Wasn't aware of that. What other games have you had involvement in, out of curiosity? (Apologies if this has already been discussed multiple times in the past)

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I'd be super hype for For Honor if I had any faith it wouldn't be garbage netcode run on etch-a-sketch servers across a ham radio connection.

Sadly, that means I am only reasonably excited to see how For Honor turns out instead.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Hard posted:

I saw you were invited Duggler, looking forward to put something sharp up ur butte.

Doxxed with the most embarrassing truth of all

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Hard get the "give everybody boosters" button ready

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

The Duggler posted:

Doxxed with the most embarrassing truth of all

Heh i do have a lot of info on anyone who ever launched uplay however i'd pretty much get fired if i were to divulge anything personal. As for For Honor you can see anyone in your friends list who already has an invite.

Zaodai posted:

I'd be super hype for For Honor if I had any faith it wouldn't be garbage netcode run on etch-a-sketch servers across a ham radio connection.

Sadly, that means I am only reasonably excited to see how For Honor turns out instead.

That game is so timing specific that the combat is going to suck hard if theres any type of lag.

Major Isoor posted:

Ah, very nice! Wasn't aware of that. What other games have you had involvement in, out of curiosity? (Apologies if this has already been discussed multiple times in the past)

Oh hello mobygames: (might have messed some chronologically)

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege
Watch_Dogs
Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
James Noir's Hollywood Crimes
Far Cry 3
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
James Cameron's Avatar: The Game
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2
Far Cry 2
Naruto: Rise of a Ninja
TMNT
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Critical Hour / lockdown
Far Cry: Instincts - Predator
Open Season
Far Cry: Instincts
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

Hard fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jan 25, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Find new hamsters to run the wheel that powers the Uplay servers, Hard.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
i'm going to get my first ranked abandon penalty ever thanks to giving up after staring at a loading screen for 15 minutes when someone dropped from the game i was in :argh:

i was going to outlast the other guy but then 4 people filled in for the people who left his side lol.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Since Ubi and all that, is there a Ghost Recon thread yet for the new release?

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Vahakyla posted:

Since Ubi and all that, is there a Ghost Recon thread yet for the new release?

Doubt it. Make one!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Dosvidanya posted:

i'm going to get my first ranked abandon penalty ever thanks to giving up after staring at a loading screen for 15 minutes when someone dropped from the game i was in :argh:

i was going to outlast the other guy but then 4 people filled in for the people who left his side lol.

Yeah I've had that too. Waited out the other team to leave, only for them to get replaced by 5 other shmucks who then, like me, got stuck on infinite loading. I left eventally and ate my rank down.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Hard posted:

Doubt it. Make one!

Yeah but :effort:
I just like to swoop in and enjoy the fruit of others' labor.

polka
May 10, 2007

Going up!
The Discord channel disappeared off my list for some reason and clicking the OP link says link is invalid or expired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Sent you a PM polka.

• Locked thread