Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Question: Does the Dr. Strange movie ever end up visually resembling the comics, or is it the boring-rear end Inception visuals seen in the trailer the whole way through?

Also nobody in their right mind is disputing that Tilda Swinton is a great actress

It gets proper Ditko trippy in places, yes. At times it resembles a big budget 60s trip movie crossed with Gravity Rush. It's not as psychadelic as the LEGO movie but it's close. I had the same fear the WHM guys had, that my tall glasses of water would wear off before the trailers stopped.

I'd love somebody to cut the trip bits from Doctor Strange and the Slo-Mo sequences from Dredd into the Enter the Void of superheroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The angry tweets are coming from inside the thread!

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

In my adult years I've willingly sat through almost 3 screenings of Christmas With The Kranks. To keep myself entertained, I've imagined what the movie would be like if it turned into an R-rated house invasion movie where the neighbours are trying to siege the Krank house and Jamie Lee Curtis has to fend them off.

Joe the Strummer posted:

I've seen Eight Crazy Nights way too many goddamn times. That is a purely wretched movie if I've ever seen one, and a great episode too!

I'm drat well convinced that if I saw Eight Crazy Nights it would be the worst movie I ever saw. But I'll never go ahead and do it. So it'll always be the worst movie I never saw.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The women I know that loved suicide squad loved the relationship between Harley and the joker.

Puddin`

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jan 21, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

MariusLecter posted:

The women I know that loved suicide squad loved the relationship between Harley and the joker.

There is nothing more inherently wrong with this than with guys who wish they were James Bond.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I've seen Mystery Men a ton and I don't even like it.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I basically forced myself to like that movie because I was really into Garafolo at the time.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

JT Smiley posted:

I basically forced myself to like that movie because I was really into Garafolo at the time.

Same but any movie with Robin Tunney or Stacey Dash in it.

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.

That movie feels like the guy in high school who talks poo poo about the popular kids but still really really wants to sit at their lunch table.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Don't use the Thermian defense, bruh

Please elaborate on how I am.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

I wish I liked that movie, just from the cast alone. But yeah it does nothing for me. They should have used the same cast to do a Tick movie.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It looks great, though, like Joe's Apartment.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
I've seen the aggressively mediocre Snow Dogs far too many times because:

a) My little brother and sister loves huskies
b) It was the go to movie for my High school history teacher when it near the end of term, and it was the week where teachers put whatever one (My Science teacher put on Back to the Future and my Geography teacher picked the last crusade)

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

I liked Mystery Men. The last time I saw it was 17 years ago. I have a feeling I may feel differently now.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I'll go to bat for Mystery Men any ol' day of the week, but I'm fully understanding of it not being everyone's cup of tea.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
If there's one thing I've learned all these years here it's don't depend on Cinema Discusso for a barometer of what the majority of people would like.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Trainspotting and SLC Punk are great movies.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I liked Mystery Men. The last time I saw it was 17 years ago. I have a feeling I may feel differently now.

Mystery Men is almost good on so many levels that it's really easy to find it either charmingly ambitious or excruciatingly frustrating, depending on your tastes. It's why I've seen half the movie multiple times, but never watched the whole thing in one sitting.

The Specials is basically what Mystery Men would have looked like if it stuck the landing on more of its jokes.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

MariusLecter posted:

Trainspotting and SLC Punk are great movies.

Yeah they are!

Wait, why are we talking about them, question mark?

Also Trainspotting 2 is getting pretty great reviews I'm so hype.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I have seen Twister three times in the last 18 months.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I like Mystery Men, but the last time I saw it was ages ago. It's a Flaming Carrot spinoff.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Same. For a while I had myself convinced that if something looked great then it must be good. But I tried watching it again (Oddly around the time WHM covered it) and thought oh this actually is bad.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
https://twitter.com/mi_16evil/status/817178541745811456

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Count Chocula posted:

I like Mystery Men, but the last time I saw it was ages ago. It's a Flaming Carrot spinoff.

I love it. Comic book movies are the poo poo now but never forget that they were once so phenomenally popular that Tank Girl, Flaming Carrot and The Mask all got live action feature films, to say nothing of all the cartoons, Saturday morning and otherwise.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm quite amazed there wasn't a Love and Rockets movie in the 90s.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Yeah, that's the one that always gets me. I'm surprised there wasn't a drat L&R TV show. Or an adaptation of Bone.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

At least we got fantastic Ghost World and American Splendor movies.

Now where's my David Cronenberg Black Hole movie?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Looks like the guys were right on their Worst of 2016, because Dirty Grandpa, Gods of Egypt, and Independence Day:Resurgence all got nominated for Razzies for Worst Picture. Suicide Squad wasn't nominated in this category, but Batman V Superman Colon Dawn of Justice was.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Evil Mastermind posted:

Looks like the guys were right on their Worst of 2016, because Dirty Grandpa, Gods of Egypt, and Independence Day:Resurgence all got nominated for Razzies for Worst Picture. Suicide Squad wasn't nominated in this category, but Batman V Superman Colon Dawn of Justice was.

Did Arnold P. Razzie fire that one transphobic intern?

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
It's bothering me, what was the music they used for the commercial during Suicide Squad? It sounded like a game show theme with trumpets

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

CortezFantastic posted:

It's bothering me, what was the music they used for the commercial during Suicide Squad? It sounded like a game show theme with trumpets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxsOXOPni0o

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Cinema Discusso>We Hate Movies: The Answer is Spanish Flea.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Wow, nobody's got anything to say about this week's episode?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
edit: SPACE LEFT EMPTY

precision fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jan 29, 2017

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Evil Mastermind posted:

Wow, nobody's got anything to say about this week's episode?

I liked the part where they were explaining that you had to have money/riches to get into the afterlife, that's why you built a pyramid, and you just hear Eric whisper in amazement "you built a pyramid?" Very stupid moment but I laughed.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

precision posted:

I thought the white washing discussion was really silly coming just a few episodes after they called for Wesley Snipes as Joker (which would definitely own)

It's called Gods of Egypt, not A Historical Record of Egyptian Citizens.

It's so sad white people keep having their roles stolen by black people in Hollywood, Mr. Rappaport

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

ghost emoji posted:

I liked the part where they were explaining that you had to have money/riches to get into the afterlife, that's why you built a pyramid, and you just hear Eric whisper in amazement "you built a pyramid?" Very stupid moment but I laughed.
Love those moments. There's one previous ep (street fighter I believe) where Andrew is trying to explain that the real dude that Good Morning Vietnam was based on is doing a voice in the movie. And eric keeps throwing him off with dumb replies, to the point where Andrew hisses "oh Jesus Christ," leading to something like this:

A: "I'm saying the movie Good Morning Vietnam, it--
E: YEAH, IT'S DOGSHIT.
A: " . . . "

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

ghost emoji posted:

I think my favorite moment was when they almost turned on each other because of the Dredd movie. You could just feel the tension.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

precision posted:

I thought the white washing discussion was really silly coming just a few episodes after they called for Wesley Snipes as Joker (which would definitely own)

It's called Gods of Egypt, not A Historical Record of Egyptian Citizens.
I watched the movie right before listening to the episode, and in retrospect, while the whole whitewashing argument had some merit, literally nothing about the movie was accurate to real life in any way and the movie was a piece of poo poo so who really even cares?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Evil Mastermind posted:

I think my favorite moment was when they almost turned on each other because of the Dredd movie. You could just feel the tension.

I disliked them disliking The Raid.

I like both Dredd and The Raid and look forward to The Raid 3.

Gods of Egypt was sorta there I guess.