Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

BobbyBaudoin posted:

Drift0r defended Tmartn when his csgo scamming scheme was found out and he's been caught taking money from activision to promote the serie, saying jackshit about it. He's an opportunist and the cod gravy train is running out, he couldn't straight up say that so he came up with an excuse that IW is simply bad.

If you want a youtuber that does decent indepths for current cod I recommend this guy https://www.youtube.com/user/TheXclusiveAce/featured he's solid and provides decent info about the proper range each guns are their best in.

Appart from that I've been using the type 2 for longer ranges and had a decent time, I'm gonna unlock the M1 soon and see how it stacks up. As for the HVR I'm trying to get Wraith mission team to level 30 so I can get the Carnage variant that extends the range on it. Want to see if I can turn it into a decent 3 hit kill smg.

The M1 is a beast, but it lacks the additional rounds necessary to make it truly awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
m1 with exmags gives you plenty of shots to deal with groups up to 3 (and 4 is possible if you have decent shot discipline). running dexterity and the hornet gives you plenty of wiggle room w/r/t up close 'oh poo poo' moments while also reducing the headache of having to reload after most encounters. it's Very Good and I'm surprised it took tryhards this long to realize that

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Meanwhile everyone continues to ignore the Bomber aka the Best Gun.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
it's very noticeably worse after the recoil nerf. that being said it's still good, just not nearly as dominant as it was before

i'll definitely still be using it to grind out these sniper optic kills unless i luckbox the big brother

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

it's very noticeably worse after the recoil nerf. that being said it's still good, just not nearly as dominant as it was before

i'll definitely still be using it to grind out these sniper optic kills unless i luckbox the big brother

As a person who luckboxed the Big Brother early on lemme tell ya that the Big Brother is only good if you wanted mini-maps as you snipe. It also has Stockpile for some reason.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Meanwhile everyone continues to ignore the Bomber aka the Best Gun.

When I get a second job to afford keys, I'll be sure to try it out.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

widespread posted:

As a person who luckboxed the Big Brother early on lemme tell ya that the Big Brother is only good if you wanted mini-maps as you snipe. It also has Stockpile for some reason.

having minimap open while your teammates chain uav/auav is hilariously powerful on maps like skydock and crusher

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Turns out my router is screwing up, and that packet loss the game was noticing is happening with everything on my connection. I just bought a Netgear WNDR3400 about 4-5 months ago. I can't put DD WRT on it, what should I get?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mill Village posted:

Turns out my router is screwing up, and that packet loss the game was noticing is happening with everything on my connection. I just bought a Netgear WNDR3400 about 4-5 months ago. I can't put DD WRT on it, what should I get?

R7500 NIGHTHAWK X4 :rock:

Honestly though, just poke around http://www.smallnetbuilder.com until you find something you like, or ask in the home networking thread.
Mine could stand another upgrade, but I need better internet first, to be honest.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I have my PS4 connected directly yo my modem. I also live in America. Lag is a non-issue.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

having minimap open while your teammates chain uav/auav is hilariously powerful on maps like skydock and crusher

I guess that's why I never saw the value in it: Because I used the Big Brother while solo instead of with goons. But tell ya what. If we ever get into a party, I'll run Big Brother for a few matches.

Unrelated, but that new Zombies map is trying to be 90s now. I would be excited, but then I thought about it and yeeeeah I think I'll check out KF2 a bit more in-depth. Even with licensed music, I bet Smack My Bitch Up ain't even close to being in that map.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I would buy Kevin Smith Rig DLC for MP.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Well you're in luck. You can be Kevin Smith Rig in-game. You just gotta do a series of things we won't tell you.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

R7500 NIGHTHAWK X4 :rock:

Honestly though, just poke around http://www.smallnetbuilder.com until you find something you like, or ask in the home networking thread.
Mine could stand another upgrade, but I need better internet first, to be honest.

The networking thread has some interesting options. I'm not sure about a Nighthawk anymore because there was a security flaw in their software for several months and Netgear didn't bother to do anything about it until people complained.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I have my PS4 connected directly yo my modem. I also live in America. Lag is a non-issue.

I live with 3 other people, so that's not an option. At least I have a wired connection.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I just picked it for the name, but the 7800 is the GAMING EDITION :pcgaming:

So nice, going 30-0 in my second game tonight with no nuke. I only had one Warden, too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jan 25, 2017

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
you don't all have Netduma - the gaming routers?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I really should, but I've been on the fence about dropping $200 on a router. Comcast is not very good in our area, especially at prime time.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Are y'all ready for scorestreak variants? Because we're getting scorestreak variants.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Are y'all ready for scorestreak variants? Because we're getting scorestreak variants.

Maybe we'll get the better AUAV/HATR finally. :v:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I like how Activision is desperately trying to make money off this game and failing miserably.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Can't wait for strictly better scorchers, bombardments and shock sentries

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Mill Village posted:

I like how Activision is desperately trying to make money off this game and failing miserably.

Call of Duty: Infinite Whalefare

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Can you be more specific? Do you mean different streaks at the same cost as others, or lovely 'make them more expensive' AW style variants?

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
In case anyone didn't see the datamined post on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Infinitewarfare/comments/5q030w/scorestreak_variants_coming_to_a_supply_drop_near/

UAVs that give more assist points sound cool. Warden having an extra flare seems pointless given it's easier to just shoot it down with bullets. The only way to make scorchers, bombardment, trinity better is to remove spawn protection but I don't see them doing that. That seems like something they would change across the board and not in a variant, but in the brave new world of supply drops who knows! Maybe I'm weird but I like scorestreak variants, more variety makes the game more fun!

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

So that explains why they had the awful idea to have care packages near max level instead of lv 5 at launch.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
remember cosmetically different attachments from BO3 wow you guys are right this game sucks dick

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
pls dont take that post as me white knighting IW or activision

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

So that explains why they had the awful idea to have care packages near max level instead of lv 5 at launch.

"Fun is OP, better delay it."

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Macys posted:

"Fun is OP, better delay it."

"Our very fictional Aviation Department In Space is complaining about a surplus of active UAVs so let's just make it so you gotta get pretty close to a Bloodthirsty to get them."

What's worse is, UAVs used to be 3 killstreaks, or 300 points by today's logic.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
i'm going to gently caress around with some of the $5 games i bought this week but if you want to play jump on and join my chat and yell at me to stop playing PS4 launch titles

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

widespread posted:

"Our very fictional Aviation Department In Space is complaining about a surplus of active UAVs so let's just make it so you gotta get pretty close to a Bloodthirsty to get them."

What's worse is, UAVs used to be 3 killstreaks, or 300 points by today's logic.

And in Dom, they'd be 225, if I'm not mistaken.

And 150, if we used BLOPS 1's Hardline discount.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Bring back 3-5-7.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Mill Village posted:

Bring back 3-5-7.

They have a game for you

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

remember cosmetically different attachments from BO3 wow you guys are right this game sucks dick

Missed opportunity for cosmetic scorestreaks.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Macys posted:

And in Dom, they'd be 225, if I'm not mistaken.

And 150, if we used BLOPS 1's Hardline discount.

This might need some explaining. I stopped playing CoD MP after MW1 but got back for Blops 3.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Bumper Stickup posted:

Missed opportunity for cosmetic scorestreaks.

tbh the ability to customize scorestreaks, even if it was a purely cosmetic skin replacement ala jason from BLOPS2, would be very cool + interesting

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
not to beat a dead horse but I will never spend money on boxes but you better believe I would drop $3-$5 if I could get a Johnny 5 reskin of the RC8

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

not to beat a dead horse but I will never spend money on boxes but you better believe I would drop $3-$5 if I could get a Johnny 5 reskin of the RC8

:same:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

widespread posted:

This might need some explaining. I stopped playing CoD MP after MW1 but got back for Blops 3.

In Black Ops 1, a UAV is three kills. Hardline is a flat -1 to kill streak requirements.

Dom/KC kills in IW are only 75 points, not 100, as they are in TDM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Macys posted:

In Black Ops 1, a UAV is three kills. Hardline is a flat -1 to kill streak requirements.

Dom/KC kills in IW are only 75 points, not 100, as they are in TDM.

Oh right. Still though.

• Locked thread