Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I am as confused as a man who had to listen to an 8 hour lecture on bomber jacket design right now.

Is that supposed to be a burn or a joke or something? I need some help here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I am as confused as a man who had to listen to an 8 hour lecture on bomber jacket design right now.

Is that supposed to be a burn or a joke or something? I need some help here.

Wild stab in the dark about something you might have committed to, yet not done. Given up smoking?

Called your parents?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Well I signed up for sick burn school once but I dropped out.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

cool new Polack jokes posted:

But enough about Chris Roberts :haw:

:thejoke:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Once someone stole scratchcards from a shop I worked at. Not like one, he snuck into the back and demanded the entire box. They just got cancelled. What a dumbass. Well, that's my story.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Hav posted:

Like the guy that tried to steal a ham by putting it in his sweatpants.

Tim buckley?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

That was steak. The ham was his hands.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Ghostlight posted:

That was steak. The ham was his hands.

:five: :allears:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Alas, I am ham handed and must steal

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

benzine posted:

A new day, but the fight between Farming Simulator 17 and SC goes on.

I have that on my Steam wishlist and I'm not sure why.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
Posting too much ITT has brought your standards way, WAY down?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I'm excited for MegaMap

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Im excited that its going to be at least April before all of 2.6 features are actually implemented.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
I heard that 3.0 was coming in March and that citizens were very confident about this

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Foo Diddley posted:

I heard that 3.0 was coming in March and that citizens were very confident about this

You would have figured by now the faithful would know not to draw lines in the sand. In December, Cymelion was sympathetic to those critical of CitizenCon and said that while many where upset, he would have no concerns unless 3.0 failed to materialize by the end of March. Fast forward to CIG releasing a Production Report for 2.6.1 while making no mention of 3.0 and suddenly Cymelion is making posts defending CIG's inability to release 3.0 by March.

He really is my favorite of all the Star Citizen fanatics. He's got to be related to Sandi or something. He reminds me of KellyAnn Conway--so artful and eloquent skirting around reality.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/824369190723321857
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/824370300984889344
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/824370394467549184

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I have that on my Steam wishlist and I'm not sure why.

Its a nice game. The best way to describe it is "Serious Casual". You feel no pressure at all and can just chill in your fields, trucking around in various machinery but the attention to the details of such tractors is top notch.

Its Stardew Valley but for simulation fans.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I don't know if this is unrepentant shilling or a pathological need to disprove Derek, but it is simply embarrassing.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Foo Diddley posted:

Most people in other forums have resigned themselves to a june release. Hell I was saying May or June BEFORE I knew they were going to release another 2.6 revision on April. Now I'm guessing its a june release at the earliest for the avocados and maybe a july release for everyone else if CRobler doesn't decide to put all hands on deck for SQ42 and use it as an excuse to not release 3.0 at all.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Thread is scary again with the sudden possible info dump of people. It may not be classified as doxxing, but it'd certainly be uncouth.

Part of me hopes the high road is taken and people just don't go there. I fail to see how this would be good.

The other part hopes it happens because the Camp Derek has been quiet save the occasional shot fired at MoMA. I do see how it would be funny because Derek would once more kick the hornet nest, and people would come out of the woodwork again.

Of course this would enrage the throngs into more us vs them warfare that is just dumb.

CIG is crashing and burning. I'm not sure if trying to cause them more damage on a personal level would hurt them, and probably only help them garner public support again.

My opinion is to just let it go, and watch the embers waft into the air. No need to release personal information on random people, so leave them be in peace. :)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Assblasted Derek's Starguard

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Assblasted by my post "Assblasted Derek's Starguard"

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

The Titanic posted:

Thread is scary again with the sudden possible info dump of people. It may not be classified as doxxing, but it'd certainly be uncouth.

Part of me hopes the high road is taken and people just don't go there. I fail to see how this would be good.

Despite reading every page, I think I missed this. What info dump, and why?

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

You know, if Lethality was a true hero to the star citizen community and wanted to silence Derek Smart and all of those evil goons, alls he would have to do is start tweeting how awesome SA is, and how it's going to be the next, greatest forum site

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Not sure why I'm even writing this as I'm sure it's been discussed before, but I still can't believe people (even Goons) thought that giving Chris Roberts money is a good idea.

I mean sure, the Wing Commander games were OK despite the laughably bad writing, but even before SC I thought that Chris Roberts is a huge, unlikeable rear end in a top hat, an arrogant douche, and a hack who just got lucky. What was it about Chris that made everyone love him so much that they were willing to give him this huge amount of money to make an impossible video game? Was it just nostalgia about WC? I just don't get it. :shrug:

For the record, I'm totally biased against this project and would doxx Crobberts in the blink of an eye if I had the chance.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Meta-Mollusk posted:

Not sure why I'm even writing this as I'm sure it's been discussed before, but I still can't believe people (even Goons) thought that giving Chris Roberts money is a good idea.

I mean sure, the Wing Commander games were OK despite the laughably bad writing, but even before SC I thought that Chris Roberts is a huge, unlikeable rear end in a top hat, an arrogant douche, and a hack who just got lucky. What was it about Chris that made everyone love him so much that they were willing to give him this huge amount of money to make an impossible video game? Was it just nostalgia about WC? I just don't get it. :shrug:

For the record, I'm totally biased against this project and would doxx Crobberts in the blink of an eye if I had the chance.

I have a feeling a good part of the success of their money making campaign (in the Kickstarter stage) was simply hype and wing commander association.

Sure I player wing commander back in the day , and it was an enjoyable game. Nothing earth shattering but still fun

I also had no clue who Chris Roberts was nor did I care. I only know of him now because he has made sure his name is plastered on everything related to this money making scheme

Since the Kickstarter ended there has been a devout group of commandos that have dedicated their time to spreading the gospel of Crobberts, maybe they just needed a cause to latch onto ?

If Sid Meier came out tomorrow with a Kickstarter to redo Pirates! But using 2017 technology I would be allover that in a heart beat , so I can totally understand how a name and past association might warrant some fanaticism

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Even the ultra hardcore are starting to waver.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Quavers posted:

The Early Access launch of Hellion has been delayed to Feb 24th:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5ttU1q8qRI

The feature-progress page is suspiciously open development: https://www.playhellion.com/features

Hacks. They didn't even put 'code' or 'art' in their developement schedule

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Hav posted:

:allears:

edit:

Woman/Man calls 911 to report stolen marijuana is a surprisingly common headline in the US.

I processed a couple of years witness statements during some time with the Police, and it was striking how banal and stupid most crime actually was. There was the occasional really evil person, but most of the time it was petty and people got caught for the dumbest reasons. Like the guy that tried to steal a ham by putting it in his sweatpants.

The pants is a good storage location. I used to arrest shoplifters for the liquor control board of Ontario and the pants was a very popular hiding spot, another favorite was a baby stroller with no baby in it.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Sappo569 posted:

Hacks. They didn't even put 'code' or 'art' in their developement schedule

What a filthy startup.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Derek Smart's neural AI is already smarter than a whale.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Sappo569 posted:

If Sid Meier came out tomorrow with a Kickstarter to redo Pirates! But using 2017 technology

Now this is something I wouldn't mind people putting 150 million dollars of their hard earned money into. Playing Pirates! on the Amiga was so good. I even enjoyed the 2004 version quite a bit. :shobon:

Edit: here's a kitty

Meta-Mollusk fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jan 26, 2017

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Today

Post-CitizenCon

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jan 26, 2017

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

CIG should hire Radium, he has a proven record of beating forum software into submission.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Sappo569 posted:

I have a feeling a good part of the success of their money making campaign (in the Kickstarter stage) was simply hype and wing commander association.

Sure I player wing commander back in the day , and it was an enjoyable game. Nothing earth shattering but still fun

I also had no clue who Chris Roberts was nor did I care. I only know of him now because he has made sure his name is plastered on everything related to this money making scheme

Since the Kickstarter ended there has been a devout group of commandos that have dedicated their time to spreading the gospel of Crobberts, maybe they just needed a cause to latch onto ?

If Sid Meier came out tomorrow with a Kickstarter to redo Pirates! But using 2017 technology I would be allover that in a heart beat , so I can totally understand how a name and past association might warrant some fanaticism

The difference being one pwrson has an incredibly good track record for releasing solid games.

The other? The only good game to his name is the one he got fired from, Freelancer.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Zest
May 7, 2007

ACHIEVE HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE

MeLKoR posted:

Derek Smart's neural AI is already smarter than a whale.

Frogbear is the best part of the Goon E:D group, and I highly encourage everyone to play it.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

If Star Citizen fails then the powerful crowdfunding industry will lobby every government ever to erode consumer rights laws so that the right to lose your money to incompetence is preserved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Glory to the Stimpire!