Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

this is a stickup posted:

pera how much hp do you have

I'm an old woman so I doubt I have very much.

Kashuno posted:

Pera doesn't about CP costs for abilities but used hers last night? Yeah scum

I'm off to d&d - roll on me if you want! Ignore my case on AR. We have tons of CP, pooling might be a strat for later but not now. AR is town or brilliant. (I now believe both are true anyway.)

I had it on my notes that it cost 10 and I "spent" it thinking it was really spend 5 to take 5 away from somebody. I hit IS. I have no idea how much I have now. 5 more than other LA players?? I guess?

IllegallySober posted:

I'm here for about another half an hour. Did not remember deadline was tonight either.

I'll verify this is true, but two things:

1) What do you mean "refunded your switch to Thief?" I was under the impression we could only pick one job per game day. You had something else D1 and then switched to Thief the same day?

2) Why would you claim your job?

1) It cost me 5 CP to become a Thief, and then I stole 5 CP from IS. "Switch to Thief" from Freelancer. Sorry for mucking up the details.

2) loving man I gotta be straight with you I don't know what the gently caress I'm doing I'm just trying to play some mafia and make some big plays and win for once and god drat it I can neither read nor do math it's loving embarrassing. I didn't even realize I'd said I stole from you earlier in the post and then later I'm all shady with it like "at least one person."

Regardless, either IS and I are both scum, or I'm confirmed... no, no I'm not, am I? gently caress this game is weird. GOODNIGHT EVERYBODY I'll try to be back by deadline to hop on whatever bandwagon develops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

it costs 5 cp to switch to thief on day 1. she stole 5 cp from you that night gaining 5 cp.

I don't see what the confusion is and it feels like you're asking questions just to have content

Yeah, that's totally my plan :jerkbag:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I will still vote for anyone in this post:

IllegallySober posted:

Scum team is stickup, Kash, Moat, and KB.
We're all going to die in three days or less.
God bless us, everyone

##vote Kashuno

But for right now I want Stickup out of this game.

##vote Stickup

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
yeah I'm definitely not gonna kill tobbs tonight

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

yeah I'm definitely not gonna kill tobbs tonight

Don't threaten me with a good time.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Guys I know deadline is tonight and I am trying to catch but jfc do none of you have anything better to do than post dissertations about poo poo itt

I am still about 89 posts behind and I'm sure that's many many pages

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

You aren't gonna kill me tonight either because you know you can likely get me lynched later and because you're scum, you know I'm town.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Dammit Moat, my last post was @stickup

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
actually, it's because I'm going to roleblock you!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

actually, it's because I'm going to roleblock you!

That would be interesting.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

PS, I'm now bowling for the next 2 1/2 hours so I'll be here intermittently.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
how so?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Well, I don't have a vig.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I wish I did because if I did I'd just shoot you tonight and bag a scum.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
as long as you can't help scumfriends or harm our townfriends, that'll have to do, cause I don't want to spend 10cp on that unless I'm sure

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Since you've decided to claim doctor, mind telling us who you protected N1 and why?

I protected Stick. I thought there was a good chance he was town.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Also, wouldn't you be suspicious of someone claiming a protective role? If they are scum, they would likely do that in order to draw a town protective visit, not having to worry about night kills.

I mean, it would really depend on the context. In the context of being the first person to claim that role in this game, no, not at all. But I mean, I think that is the correct strat.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Oh, I see, you've already covered that angle. I just finished a game with a claimed cop and two doctors. Neither doctor protected the cop and he died.

But you're completely unworried about having a protective role and being night-killed.

Why?

I asked Pig prior to that post if I could protect myself and he said I could. So if I think I'm in danger, I'll just self protect. Right now I'm not sure I'm in any danger given the level of suspicion on me, but I won't rule out doing that.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Oh, and I wasn't hounding Asiina post-mortem. You said you agreed with her position on claiming, so I needed to quote her to provide context. She was okay with claiming because she said Red Mage sucked.

I think you didn't want to bring up claims yourself because you are scum and you know it helps you. Rather, you latch onto town players who suggest it as a way to push the issue.

Also, think a bit further ahead. You and Bif strongly suggest switching between Wind Crystal jobs. Won't that make it less likely that we'll have enough CP for subsequent, possibly more powerful jobs? I will tell you freely that I'm not going to waste my CP switching now. I'll get a new job every time a new crystal opens, because I assume that they'll have "better" roles.

So that's really two strikes against your idea.

1. You don't acknowledge the advantage scum gains by knowing which roles to target each night.
2. You don't acknowledge the disadvantage from switching between Wind Crystal jobs, rather than waiting for potentially more powerful jobs.

I want to have as much personal capability as possible, as well as as much town diversity as possible. Why? Because if the scum team has to worry about potentially every role being in play, and not knowing who can do what, they will have a tough game.

The part about job switching is actually fair. I don't know what's coming, but maybe you are right that it will be totally badass, in which case swapping now would suck. I'm just seeing that I got a doc, and seeing that black mages got vigs and it feels like these roles are already powerful. I really don't think 1 is as big of a thing as you think it is in a vacuum, but given maybe we don't want to switch again this early, or maybe we don't want to switch to other wind jobs, that does make it more of a thing. I'll concede on this one.

I'm just still not sure it wouldn't be to our advantage to be able to make better decisions like the scum can.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

as long as you can't help scumfriends or harm our townfriends, that'll have to do, cause I don't want to spend 10cp on that unless I'm sure

stop role-fishing, scum

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

The current game state is that scum can also change their jobs. Do we want to play catch-up, or see what's in the other tiers?

I have no idea what kinds of roles CPig has made, especially with vig and doc being cheap and easily accessible. If those are the weakest roles in the game, we'd best be prepared for when scum reaches the next tier.

If scum have 4 night kills every night, the game will be over quickly regardless of whether or not we try to coordinate.

All it takes is scum saying they picked White mage, getting town to heal them, and vigging any player that falls for it.

Rofl. So in this scenario you are obviously throwing more shade my way. Care to explain how scum know who I am being protected by/who to kill given that I have already claimed the white mage and I said only one person of each job would need to claim?

This is so disingenuous.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

IllegallySober posted:

stop role-fishing, scum

what

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
All right KB, that's reasonable.

##unvote

It would have helped to know earlier (since you fullclaimed) that docs can self-protect. There was discussion of people taking roleblocks and coordinating those, but if the goal of picking a role is to drop the number of kills, a self-protecting doc is a better choice, as scum would need to both roleblock and vig to pull off 1 kill.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

I know people like to throw around "misrepresenting" a lot when someone vaguely misinterprets something they said, but this is like one of the clearest examples of it literally happening. He literally quoted a post where I worked through a changing opinion and cut out nearly all of it, then complained that my views weren't evolving organically. I mean what the gently caress.

Yeah, wow.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I am feeling a severe case of nihilism about this game.

I mean let's just say scum all rolled BM

They get 4 nks on town

They rank up to lvl 3 (as all should have)

Get another 4 nks

I mean gently caress.

It's seriously threatening my engagement

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also lmao at whoever talked about Infinitum being eeriely quiet

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I'm not going to tell you what role I picked no matter how sneakily you think you're asking.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
https://youtu.be/F2shuyGrRL0

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Moatillata posted:

I am feeling a severe case of nihilism about this game.

I mean let's just say scum all rolled BM

They get 4 nks on town

They rank up to lvl 3 (as all should have)

Get another 4 nks

I mean gently caress.

It's seriously threatening my engagement

Yeah, pretty much this, but I'm trying to be a good sport about it.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

IllegallySober posted:

Yeah, pretty much this, but I'm trying to be a good sport about it.

Could you post your bowling scores so I can update comparing the different mafia bowling stats (IE you and poque)

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

King Burgundy posted:

Still not done reading but, no. I'm probably in no danger. Depending on what all the other roles do. If I shared the info, maybe other people could also not die. I'm torn on if you are just being yourself, or if this is a scum push.

Also, the worry about scum getting cred from it somehow is obviously ridiculous given your hounding of anyone who wanted to claim including flipped town, right? That's a straw man.

King Burgundy posted:

I didn't, but I honestly don't see the harm and I'm tired of dancing around it.

I took White Mage, it gets 1 shot doc at level 1. It gets another 1 shot of doc at level 3.

As to how we'd make it to the later crystal's jobs, maybe black mage only gets the two kills. And there was no guarantee that anyone who took black mage would get a kill off if there were similar numbers of people who picked white mage.

You went so far as to make both these posts, in the interest of giving town more info, but left out that docs can self-protect?

(Since you seem to want to keep going with this)

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

IllegallySober posted:

I'm not going to tell you what role I picked no matter how sneakily you think you're asking.

:cripes:

if I roleblock you, you cannot perform any action that helps the scum or harms the town. it literally does not matter at all what role you are

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Moatillata posted:

Could you post your bowling scores so I can update comparing the different mafia bowling stats (IE you and poque)

I was going to upload a pic of the game so far but Imgur is apparently being a dick. I have strikes in the first four frames.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

:cripes:

if I roleblock you, you cannot perform any action that helps the scum or harms the town. it literally does not matter at all what role you are

I don't believe you're going to actually role-block me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

All right KB, that's reasonable.

##unvote

It would have helped to know earlier (since you fullclaimed) that docs can self-protect. There was discussion of people taking roleblocks and coordinating those, but if the goal of picking a role is to drop the number of kills, a self-protecting doc is a better choice, as scum would need to both roleblock and vig to pull off 1 kill.

Still catching up, so I might have more to say on the earlier stuff, but sorry, it didn't cross my mind that I needed to spell it out given my earlier post. That really is my bad though, I should have.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
here is an important question for the town

how hard should I make a margarita right now

if you are scum, do NOT answer

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

IllegallySober posted:

I don't believe you're going to actually role-block me.

you're actually right! you're not in my top suspects atm so it's pretty unlikely that I'd actually roleblock you over one of them.

much like when I repeatedly threaten to kill tobbs when I was clearly waiting to switch jobs asap, I was not being serious

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

It's in the middle of the week, dude.

2 shots

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

How hard are margaritas normally?

My usual mixed drink strategy is as much alcohol as mixer, but I'm a large man

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
it's wednesday which is essentially the weekend, and also I work contracts so monday to friday means nothing to me!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Mithross posted:

How hard are margaritas normally?

My usual mixed drink strategy is as much alcohol as mixer, but I'm a large man

I don't know, usually I just drink beer with food or straight alcohol on the occasions I actually drink

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Game related note, still not sold on town KB. Can't articulate it well, plus phone posting. We'll see between now and deadline.

Feeling a bit better about Kash. He's engaged more and shown his work. ##unvote

Basically feeling lost in general. This game is rough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

I don't know, usually I just drink beer with food or straight alcohol on the occasions I actually drink

If it's good tequila you can dispense with the mixer

• Locked thread