Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Lprsti99 posted:

You're not 'getting rumbled,' the mission is about to expire and if you don't launch it'll be gone.
This happened with 2 missions I decided to walk away from at the exact same %. That's a little coincidental.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Yeah, I saw that post afterward. Can you take screenshots of the squad screen showing time left, and does the alert say anything different?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
I just loaded an earlier save and it's bringing up different results now, but what was happening is that teams of 6 were getting stuck at 11% on infiltrations of what I assumed at least were new missions with 5 guys on intel and 1 on recruit.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

jBrereton posted:

I just loaded an earlier save and it's bringing up different results now, but what was happening is that teams of 6 were getting stuck at 11% on infiltrations of what I assumed at least were new missions with 5 guys on intel and 1 on recruit.

Using any other mods? Specifically Avenger Events either with or without the LW2 addon? I was having a bug with that one where construction and research would get paused and never finish (running into negative hours left) because it was trying to create an event and wouldn't let other things run. Other than that, :shrug:. First release.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Lprsti99 posted:

Using any other mods? Specifically Avenger Events either with or without the LW2 addon? I was having a bug with that one where construction and research would get paused and never finish (running into negative hours left) because it was trying to create an event and wouldn't let other things run. Other than that, :shrug:. First release.
Literally just LW2. Not even the stop wasting my time mod or whatever.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Dunno then. My bad for coming off like I thought you were dumb.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I think armor is way too expensive given the game's current rate of giving you supplies. 35 supplies is really high when you need to end up buying 20+ sets.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Panzeh posted:

I think armor is way too expensive given the game's current rate of giving you supplies. 35 supplies is really high when you need to end up buying 20+ sets.

That's an artifact of faceless infiltrators being way too strong right now. Losing 100 supplies in a 140 supply monthly haul was kind of crippling and that was my first month.

Beagle's just had this issue in his stream as well, with the infiltrator taking fully 80% of his monthly income.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Lunethex posted:

Anyone have some experience to relate on the holotargeter?

sharpshooters are interesting right now because they are good with enough investment. I don't think they are bad, but they play a much different role than they did in vanilla.

Another reason with NCE, the GTS is so important is because getting a natural low aim sharpshooter is just poo poo.

Also without a stock, a drat good ground sniper is also less effective. I do wish sharpshooters had an option for another primary weapon other than the sniper rifle.

I've been actually enjoying the utility sharpshooters start providing around early mid to late game.

A few builds I've had good success with:

Holo Targeting - Rapid Targeting, Hi Def, Phantom, Independent Tracking, Conceal, Multi - basically the best officer class build. This guy is here to buff the poo poo out of the squad and give good crits and aim bonuses to the squad.

long watch cannon - Rapid Targeting, drat Good Ground, Long Watch, Centre Mass, Vital Point Targeting, Hunters Instincts, Alpha Mike Foxtrot - huge damage output.

I'm also looking at a few snapshot builds but haven't been too happy with that just yet.

Sharpshooters are also kind of meh on most mission types, but I feel like they are purpose built for haven advisors and officers in LW2.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

I'd rather have my assaults supervising havens, they're well suited for faceless missions. I agree with the rest of your message though, targeting is far from weak. Rapid targeting is a must imo.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I like assault haven advisers as well, but sometimes i want my shotgun assholes on my actual missions. Early game, sharpshooters aren't doing much for me anyway where as assault are particularly strong against drones.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Any ETA on the first patch? I keep getting the camera bug where it gets stuck under the avenger when I return from a mission and it crashes the game.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
High aim prospects are better off being rangers than sharpshooters. If you can get a favorable AWC ability they can absolutely dominate.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Demiurge4 posted:

That's an artifact of faceless infiltrators being way too strong right now. Losing 100 supplies in a 140 supply monthly haul was kind of crippling and that was my first month.

Beagle's just had this issue in his stream as well, with the infiltrator taking fully 80% of his monthly income.

Looking at the outpost ini, that's like three or four faceless.

What if there are no rebels in the bases, it's just faceless all the way down?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

800peepee51doodoo posted:

Anybody else getting the stuck-under-the-avenger-after-a-mission bug? Never got it before loading up Long War but now its happening after like every third mission. Anybody ever find a fix for that?

This happened to me consistently when I had the uniforms manager mod and stopped entirely when I disabled it.

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out

jfood posted:

My first two months (one region then two regions) have had zero income (maybe even negative), with no supply drop generated presumably due to this. I think I've recruited additional resistance guys in my first outpost, and another four in the new region due to a jailbreak.

I suppose that's a campaign restart?

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Incy posted:

My first two months (one region then two regions) have had zero income (maybe even negative), with no supply drop generated presumably due to this. I think I've recruited additional resistance guys in my first outpost, and another four in the new region due to a jailbreak.

Same here. Virtually no supplies for the first four months, despite killing two infiltrators. At this point, I'd rather edit my save game than restart -- I would adding 250 supplies be a straightforward change?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Smiling Knight posted:

Same here. Virtually no supplies for the first four months, despite killing two infiltrators. At this point, I'd rather edit my save game than restart -- I would adding 250 supplies be a straightforward change?

Enable console, and then I think the command is additem supplies 250.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

jfood posted:

What if there are no rebels in the bases, it's just faceless all the way down?

All of XCOM are Faceless, just none of them realise that everyone else is. The entire rebellion is aliens trying to set up the remaining human forces for a fall, not knowing there are literally no humans still fighting :wow:

I don't think Faceless should be there from the start either. The % change planned for 1.1 helps with the effect not being so bad, but just thematically it seems like it should be an alien response to a growing Xcom threat. It would let you get your feet under you at the start of the game, make some progress, and then the aliens push back. It seems like maybe you should eventually learn how to stop the Faceless infiltration, I mean Battle scanners are still a thing, right? Just scan people who join up, or take a blood sample like in DS9/The Thing once you learn about the problem. Then maybe you could actually use the other adviser types and free up your troops for offensive missions.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Faceless infiltrators should probably be a dark event type.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
And they should be toned down in prevlence. Literally everyone has them from the get-go which feels to me like they're tuned to appear way too often.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Long War has bullshit mechanics that need toning down because its ridiculously unfun to deal with? Say it ain't so?

Seriously, i'm so annoyed that the long war devs have just as many really loving good ideas as they have bad ones.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Darkrenown posted:

All of XCOM are Faceless, just none of them realise that everyone else is. The entire rebellion is aliens trying to set up the remaining human forces for a fall, not knowing there are literally no humans still fighting :wow:

Ah, the Man Who Was Thursday edition of XCom

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Incy posted:

Don't be ridiculous, just immerse yourself in the tacticality of it all.

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out

jfood posted:

Don't be ridiculous, just immerse yourself in the tacticality of it all.

Tactical console prompt action

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I think it's normal that your first supply drop gives you nothing.

Just clean up the Avenger, sell your increasingly huge stack of stocks and contact more areas.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Incy posted:

Tactical console prompt action

Adapting your strategy while tying up a small portion of their inifinite infiltration teams, I like it! Sun Tzu would be proud.

Loren
Nov 9, 2005
Master of Chaos
Has anyone determined the impact of the Shinobi skill Tradecraft? I picked it on all 3 of my Shinobi, assuming that the word 'significant' being used in the description meant that it would give me noticeable reductions in infiltration times. Because I put it on all 3, I have no baseline to compare it to, but it seems like the bonus isn't applying? Either that, or the bonus is way smaller than I would expect it to be.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

jfood posted:

Adapting your strategy while tying up a small portion of their inifinite infiltration teams, I like it! Sun Tzu would be proud.

Captain Kirk, too. Let's Kobayashi Maru this thing.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

This is way more Tholian Web... just a steady stream of clay people coming at your from all directions, boxing you in then robbing you of supplies and joy.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Loren posted:

Has anyone determined the impact of the Shinobi skill Tradecraft? I picked it on all 3 of my Shinobi, assuming that the word 'significant' being used in the description meant that it would give me noticeable reductions in infiltration times. Because I put it on all 3, I have no baseline to compare it to, but it seems like the bonus isn't applying? Either that, or the bonus is way smaller than I would expect it to be.

The bonus is applied to the base Shinobi infiltration rate, which is lowish to begin with. Lemme find the Pavonis thread on the subject of infiltration time reductions.

http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=23721

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

LW2 will be perfect for me at patch 1.5 when they finally tone down some of the geoscape mechanics.

I don't really have any problems with the tactical layer. Couple of the perks suck or have extremely situational benefits. Why would I ever want the officer's 4 damage resistance against explosions? The rare chance you don't manage to murk a grenadier?

Dongicus fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jan 26, 2017

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Dongicus posted:

LW2 will be perfect for me at patch 1.5 when they finally tone down some of the geoscape mechanics.

I don't really have any problems with the tactical layer. Some of the perks suck I guess. Why would I ever want the officer's 4 damage resistance against explosions?

Flamin' car?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

You're right that's a good use for it but it's not very often that you have 4 soldiers all takin cover behind a car. I'd take the other perk anyday.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Dongicus posted:

I don't really have any problems with the tactical layer. Couple of the perks suck or have extremely situational benefits. Why would I ever want the officer's 4 damage resistance against explosions? The rare chance you don't manage to murk a grenadier?

I see you have yet to meet ADVENT rocketeers...

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

I've met one but he got vaporized with shotgun fire. Do flashes stop them from rocketing you?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Dongicus posted:

I've met one but he got vaporized with shotgun fire. Do flashes stop them from rocketing you?

Maybe, but it only takes one time you forget to take them down to regret your decision.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Engineers. Those SHITS. They loving launch flashbangs, disorienting my entire column.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Apoplexy posted:

Engineers. Those SHITS. They loving launch flashbangs, disorienting my entire column.

Advent can flashbang you in LW2? Pavonis have finally gone too far.

I am not joking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Dongicus posted:

When your haywire fails on the MEC and your entire squad misses their 65% shots on it and it launches missiles at you, so every mission :argh: