Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

Kash can you just clear up what the hell you meant about the level 5 BM ability? Does it somehow jail and kill, or does it jail OR kill, or what the gently caress

I'm glad I got to learn about the inquisition jailer role and all, but it would be nice if you clarified, seeing as you're the one who actually has Level 5 BM right now and claimed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm level 5 now. Got something called wall that makes someone immune to all night actions that night. One shot.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

As always, self hammering is not pro town. I mean, as much as it would suck to have no cuddled again, which I'm almost sure would have happened, losing town isn't really helpful.

And I disagree that he was a bad cuddle. But I was wrong obviously.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The chaos thing doesn't make any sense to me.

Pera, you claimed thief right? Is there anything about your role that lets you bypass things to steal?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
chaos how many CP did you lose exactly?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

King Burgundy posted:

Pera, you claimed thief right? Is there anything about your role that lets you bypass things to steal?

I will out myself as having been a thief at one point to answer this question. The steal ability didn't say anything about bypassing/ignoring abilities or anything like that.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I feel pretty safe revealing d1 jobs level 1 abilities, we have come far enough into the game that it leaves a comfortable number of possibilities for scum to have to guess at.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

pera, you claimed thief right? Is there anything about your role that lets you bypass things to steal?

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by bypass and for a while there I thought maybe I got redirected (until IS confirmed - barring Super Weird poo poo) - there was at least one other thief among our number - but nah, the steal action is just a... straight tap, I think? Like the ability is called "Yoink!"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kash would you answer my bloody question so I can get a better idea of whether Tobbs is still being scummy or not, knowing too much about your role already

if not that, at least tell me what JoJos you're watching, you mentioned downloading it earlier but I forgot to ask then

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
also chaos please answer my question

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

peramene posted:

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by bypass and for a while there I thought maybe I got redirected (until IS confirmed - barring Super Weird poo poo) - there was at least one other thief among our number - but nah, the steal action is just a... straight tap, I think? Like the ability is called "Yoink!"

Yeah, I just meant like a juggernaut kill bypasses protections, maybe you had a steal that bypasses interference or something.

So yeah, Chaos's claim doesn't seem to fit what we know.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
my action sadly failed

now I have two more shots, with bus drive, roleblock, and poison vig added to my roulette

so 2/7 Jail, 1/7 lightning rod, roleblock, poison vig, bus drive, and that last 1/7 is a backfire of any of them

this is a weird role

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Btw it was river for bus drive, plains for roleblock, and swamp for poison vig

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

this is a stickup posted:

also chaos please answer my question

I will answer this when I have full data on my question:

chaoslord posted:

Did anyone have a successful action?

Something is weird here and I intend to get to the bottom of it. Here is the list as I remember it.

Absurd Revolver - failed
Bifauxnen - ?
BottleKnight - claimed survivor who cares
Grandicap - ?
IllegallySober - failed
jon joe - ?
Kashuno - failed
King Burgundy - ?
Mithross - ?
Mr. F! - ?
peramene - ?
this is a stickup - failed
Tobbs Gnawed - failed

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

peramene posted:

I thought maybe I got redirected (until IS confirmed - barring Super Weird poo poo)

What did IS confirm?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
that he had cp stolen n1 after pera claimed stealing his cp

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ok. I just got confused about her wording because of course there had to be another thief because Mr F claimed to have been stolen from as well.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

gently caress it i'll play

"Will you tho?

BottleKnight posted:

I really liked Gulag's case though. My second pick for scum would be Asiina because she gut pinged me early with some awkward posts and then started posting A Whole Lot in a way I found forced.

Hmm. On IS? The really... weird one? ok

Asiina posted:

I'd vote for IS, I'd vote for a lurker I suppose, but honestly peramene has a point that with no NK a no lynch isn't really that bad an idea.

##vote IS

oh I guess I did make it. nice.

BottleKnight posted:

I'm a 3P Survivor. I had a chance to become light-aligned if I found Desch during the night, but Desch is dead. Just letting everyone know.

When I still had a chance to become good I didn't want to claim, but now that I have no chance, I figure it would be best to just come out and say it.

BK > NL just by default, as a 3P survivor he can co-win -- "finding Desch" would actually slap him into light-alignment, not necessarily the best call. Curiously, it is categorically not in his best interests to claim this. It is in his best interests to do whatever he can to make it to the end of the game. Why would he tell us this? He participates in the following encounter.

BottleKnight posted:

Option D
obviously

AT BEST submits a jokevote (which I wouldn't put past Mr. George Costanza over here, but he still voted for: "Understand that none of your choices matter and life is a pointless waste of time and succumb the the great beast that comes to devour your insignificant body." Which is fitting, because since I think he just left for PAX... like... best case is an inactive 3P worth keeping in-game? Does it serve a purpose I'm not aware of?

Where was he at deadling? Playing DnD with Me, AR, and CPig. Regardless, I present the preceding for your consideration.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

chaoslord posted:

Ok. I just got confused about her wording because of course there had to be another thief because Mr F claimed to have been stolen from as well.

Indeed. Apologies for confusing you. At least one other thief, yes. But see, if I'd been redirected from IS to Mr. F, that was good intel to try to get. I was trying to get it.

Thanks to D&D I didn't get my night action in on time, but I didn't really know what it did either. Long story short I know what it does now plz no mafia dads.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
would like to know how many cp

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Bifauxnen posted:

Kash would you answer my bloody question so I can get a better idea of whether Tobbs is still being scummy or not, knowing too much about your role already

if not that, at least tell me what JoJos you're watching, you mentioned downloading it earlier but I forgot to ask then

It's pretty irrelevant. I'm scummier if the role CPig made is similar to one I've put in my own games? Is that right? Because I wasn't confused by Kash saying he could jail and kill someone?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Only 6 folks to go, then.

Bif, Grandi, jj, KB, mith, and mags still need to report in I think. If I missed an action success/fail claim quote it at me and I'll update notepadthe big board

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

would like to know how many cp

Is this directed at me or Mr. F?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
directed at the only person that is currently the center of discussion about how he had cp stolen on a night when a lightning rod went off and is withholding how many cp he supposedly lost for some reason

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

directed at the only person that is currently the center of discussion about how he had cp stolen on a night when a lightning rod went off and is withholding how many cp he supposedly lost for some reason

Just checking.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

chaoslord posted:

Only 6 folks to go, then.

Bif, Grandi, jj, KB, mith, and mags still need to report in I think. If I missed an action success/fail claim quote it at me and I'll update notepadthe big board

Failed

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

fwiw I am as suspicious of that claim as I'm sure most of you are.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

chaoslord posted:

Lunar is the best game, I will bnot be voting gulag

Hm.

chaoslord posted:

People I would vote today:

*Bottleknight
*Tobbs

chaoslord posted:

Also I don't think a lightning rod worked because I am missing cp

...excuse me? How do you know? Did you not have enough CP to do what you were trying to do?

Hold the loving phone. Chaos, how much CP should you have versus how much you do have? That's an answer we're gonna be needing.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

peramene (1): Kashuno
Kashuno (1): IllegallySober

Not Voting (12): Absurd Revolver, AnonymousNarcotics, Bifauxnen, BottleKnight, chaoslord, jon joe, King Burgundy, Mithross, Mr. F!, peramene, this is a stickup, Tobbs Gnawed

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 28th, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

peramene posted:

Hm.

...excuse me? How do you know? Did you not have enough CP to do what you were trying to do?

Hold the loving phone. Chaos, how much CP should you have versus how much you do have? That's an answer we're gonna be needing.

My assumption is that he got a PM saying CP were stolen from him during the night, as I did when it happened to me.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

IllegallySober posted:

My assumption is that he got a PM saying CP were stolen from him during the night, as I did when it happened to me.

that's not what he said though

chaoslord posted:

Also I don't think a lightning rod worked because I am missing cp

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

peramene posted:

that's not what he said though

Someone is not reading the thread

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Bif is an aus so probably wont be around for a bit and also based on their posting I am willing to bet their action failed too so down to grandi KB mith and mags

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

It's pretty irrelevant. I'm scummier if the role CPig made is similar to one I've put in my own games? Is that right? Because I wasn't confused by Kash saying he could jail and kill someone?

Quit doing a repeat of yesterday. Kash said this:

Kashuno posted:

Same I ended up keeping blm because no one agreed with my rb plan and shot BK to kill the 3P. I have a jail that I can kill tonight

Now I didn't know about this role of yours, so this seemed clear as mud to me. And you apparently just assumed he meant he had a role like that one you use, which seemed like you knew a little bit too much. I was hoping Kash would've replied by now, and was hoping to get a better idea on whether to still take that seriously or not based on how he replied. Not to mention it's annoying to just presume how it works when he could say so explicitly.

chaoslord posted:

Bif is an aus so probably wont be around for a bit and also based on their posting I am willing to bet their action failed too so down to grandi KB mith and mags

I'm here now, was just out on lunch. I did not have an action last night so I can't say if it would've failed or not.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Yeah that works too, then. Thanks Bif!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I did not have an action take effect last night.

On thief talk, I was a thief n1 and tried to yoink from BK, who never reported a theft. I didn't think anything of it until it came up again today. I did recieve CP.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

chaoslord posted:

Someone is not reading the thread

eeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?????

Bif specifically tells you the situation to fix your language and then you adopt it?

Mithross got redirected to Mr. F. Or we had a third D1 thief. Mystery mostly solved.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
just for shiggles why'd you go thief, Mith?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

peramene posted:

Bif specifically tells you the situation to fix your language and then you adopt it?

Mithross got redirected to Mr. F. Or we had a third D1 thief. Mystery mostly solved.

:psyduck:

Anyway, that just leaves KB grandi and mags. Who knows when/if mags will check in and grandi is a replacement so may not have all his actions so stickup I'll answer you as soon as KB checks in on my question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

peramene posted:

Has anyone claimed a job that provided a redirector at Level 1?

• Locked thread