Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

CJacobs posted:

I dunno, let me confer with my alan wake body pillow to find out if he qualifies as anime or not.
That

That's just a bulk roll of tweed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
Have you ever wondered what would it be like to be the one who kidnaps the princess? Ever wanted to know the thrill of running from the police and hero who follows?
Well now you can. I present to you...

Nefarious: Episode 01 - The Princess Theft

This is what bowser must feel whenever he goes after peach.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Shinjobi posted:

I, for one, am skeptical of your panty cred.

I can vouch for his panty cred. Totally into panties and stockings.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

CJacobs posted:

I dunno, let me confer with my alan wake body pillow to find out if he qualifies as anime or not.

A quick and easy litmus test is if the character in question's eyes take up 50% or more of their face.

Zain posted:

I can vouch for his panty cred. Totally into panties and stockings.

What about garterbelts?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Shoeless posted:

A quick and easy litmus test is if the character in question's eyes take up 50% or more of their face.
Let me just ask my The Spider From Sim Ant body pillow.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Shoeless posted:

What about garterbelts?

Honestly that part hasn't come up but I'm sure it's not off the table.

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010

Doseku posted:

Have you ever wondered what would it be like to be the one who kidnaps the princess? Ever wanted to know the thrill of running from the police and hero who follows?
Well now you can. I present to you...

Nefarious: Episode 01 - The Princess Theft

This is what bowser must feel whenever he goes after peach.

I'm not surprised the music is good in this game. It was made by the guy who used to do Brawl in the Family, and this isn't the first game he composed for either.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Although it got posted at a very poor time (just before Zain's weird pantie-based game), I'd like to thank the few folks who watched my Armello video. :toot: I'd also like to point out two things:

1) Armello is due for an update on Feb 1st.
2) It's on sale on the Humble Store right now.

So if you were interested, now's a good time to try it.

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.
Your video reminded me Armello was a thing that I was gonna grab, has been on my wishlist forever, and is pretty awesome. So now it is a thing that I own.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Armello looks like a cross of Moonstone and Solium Infernum.
https://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/moonstone-a-hard-days-knight
http://www.crypticcomet.com/games/SI/SI_over.html
I need to reinstall SI.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
where are the rats

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Mycroft Holmes posted:

where are the rats

You really thing anyone's going to rat their friends out?

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Alexeythegreat posted:

You really thing anyone's going to rat their friends out?

i was promised rats

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mycroft Holmes posted:

where are the rats

There was just a rat, he had whimsical fantasy adventures and a little rapier and did little bows when he beat someone in a fight.

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
With the sucessful kidnapping of the first princess our brave villain gains a bit of confidence and is now ready to take the next princess.

Nefarious: Episode 02 - The Bees Knees

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Thanks to a youtube comment, I just realised something about the faces in Dragon Lore

:stonk:

Anyway, have another episode. This set is a little strange because there were a bunch of audio errors that were out of my control. Everyone elses' audio bled into Dem's so even after several noise removal passes I had to just say "gently caress it" and do the best I could. Also keyboard is mixed real low despite me putting his audio up as high as it would go in the mixer. Its fine if you listen with headphones though!

Let's Play Dragon Lore Episode 7 - Mycophobia

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!

Doseku posted:

With the sucessful kidnapping of the first princess our brave villain gains a bit of confidence and is now ready to take the next princess.

The DOOM HOWITZER!
I like that games style. I suggest Ice to get the inevitable ice physics out of the way.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Doseku posted:

this seems like a real cool game, but with the infinite grenade thing going on I don't see how you keep yourself from spamming them at every opportunity

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Faerie Fortune posted:

Thanks to a youtube comment, I just realised something about the faces in Dragon Lore

:stonk:

Was that emote aimed at the thing mentioned in the comment, or realizing where you've seen the username "Djynn Flyssa" before?

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

The thing mentioned in the comment, especially since I found the image they stole to make that lady's face. Whatever else you might be referring to is a) none of my business and b) not something to be discussing here anyway

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Let’s Stream Xenoblade Chronicles X! (Streamed most Mondays from ~2-4 PM PST at https://www.twitch.tv/gamekiwi)

Streamed the next chunk of this, so here's the archive. I'm just going to link to the original post for previous episodes since if we do keep at this for the long haul listing them all every time would be silly.

Previous Episodes

Episode 2 - Actually Playing

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Mycroft Holmes posted:

where are the rats

I'm just hoping LogicalFallacy's alive :ohdear: Crossposting from the Steam thread:

END ME SCOOB posted:

So I just spent all night finishing up Bad Rats Show.

And now I have to beat it again because as soon as the ending happened, (PROBABLY NWS) this happened and I didn't get to see any of it.

gently caress you, Bad Rats Show. You literally made me hemorrhage.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

CommissarMega posted:

I'm just hoping LogicalFallacy's alive :ohdear: Crossposting from the Steam thread:

Oh my god that is a lot of blood.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

Oh hey. Worry not, I've not yet been driven to suicide by the rats. I've got the commentary from the second session set to be mixed down into a single file. I just need to finish listening through it tonight to make sure there's no issues. I should have another episode up by this weekend.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Dragon Lore Episode 8 - Featuring a Drunk Bavarian

We continue to have audio issues, meet a drunken samurai and this game is still a steaming pile!

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

And here we begin Chapter 2 of Bad Rats Show.

Let's Play Bad Rats Show Episode 4: The Most Complicated Method of Making Soup

In this session, CommissarMega continues to guest, and we are joined by DookyDingo.
Chapter 2 is the breather episode of Bad Rats Show. It introduces physics objects, but doesn't utilize them near as much as it could, and overall comes off as quite a bit easier than Chapter 1. Unfortunately this means it's all downhill from here.

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
Do you have your winter gear ready?

Nefarious: Episode 03 - Heart of Ice

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Man, I never realized just how giggly I got watching Bad Rats Show.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

The first 5 puzzles of TIS-100.

I find Zachtronics games rather relaxing, and they get so complicated at points that I talk to myself while playing anyway so here we are.

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself
The good news is I fixed most of the problems, the only thing left is I'm not getting quite as good performance on the CPU as the numbers say I should (and what I used to get). Apparently I got a board terrible for overclocking, so lessons learned I guess. Anyway, another update!

Bloodborne #02 - Central Yharnam
More Bloodborne! I get off to a really good start, but things start turning south when I try to find the shortcuts. Central Yharnam is a little too complex for a first area in my opinion!

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Part 17 - Down to Goblin-Town
I definitely made a mistake doing the Shadow Fort first, since it's hands-down the toughest combat mission so far. It's kind of cool that you can fail it, and that's probably why the game only requires you to do 2 of the 4 Wyrm Hunt quests. So... next time, we're doing another one. :sweatdrop:

---

I've watched the first 2 Nefarious videos, and it seems charming and competent enough in the "quirky old-school platformer" genre, but a little lacking. Crow in particular feels like he should be replying a lot more; you can't have a classic hammy villain without monologues and banter. On the LP side of things, there've been a few typos and errors in the subs (like the very first line in the 3rd video has two "ins"), how much work would it be to run your script through Spellcheck or something first? I've only ever made subtitles manually in Vegas and it's a freakin' chore, so I can't offer any advice, heh.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

CommissarMega posted:

Man, I never realized just how giggly I got watching Bad Rats Show.
And this isn't even Chapter 3 yet, where you got really bad.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

LogicalFallacy posted:

And this isn't even Chapter 3 yet, where you got really bad.

I'm definitely getting the feeling I'll be laughing through entire videos :unsmigghh: So much schadenfreude.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

If you only watch one episode of Dragon Lore, make it this one. Despite the continuing audio issues (which will not be present after this) it features three of the funniest moments in the entire game

Dragon Lore Episode 9 - The One Where liquidy Breaks Fae

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
You do realize that we need to see this Warboy picture now, right? :allears:

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!

Doseku posted:

Do you have your winter gear ready?

Nefarious: Episode 03 - Heart of Ice

This game continues to deliver. Giddyup indeed. :allears:
But as a suggestion: Maybe don't cut out all attempts at a boss like that. Seeing you lose at least once would give the viewer a better idea on what to expect from such a fight, more so than not getting hit because you only show the fight on the nth retry. Especially since you're going through the rest of the level blind.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Faerie Fortune posted:

If you only watch one episode of Dragon Lore, make it this one. Despite the continuing audio issues (which will not be present after this) it features three of the funniest moments in the entire game

Dragon Lore Episode 9 - The One Where liquidy Breaks Fae

SelenicMartian may have done one, but here's mine anyway.

CommissarMega posted:

You do realize that we need to see this Warboy picture now, right? :allears:

I'm so sorry you said that

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:perfect:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

:allears:

This LP was worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
Today we take on what could possibly the toughest princess the game can throw at us.

Nefarious: Episode 04 - Flames of passion

I will try to address any boss fights where death happens a lot better. The reason behind skipping the deaths for the last episode was that nothing changes. What was shown is exactly all the moves that the hero had and I felt it would be boring to see two more iterations of a fight where all that happens is a guy runs around the bottom of the screen throwing weapons at our heads. And I guess that is at least one thing I can say about the game is that the boss fights themselves at least so far seem very barebones even though the levels themselves are somewhat alright.