Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

ArbitraryC posted:

What doubt? She went to an out of state uni to get away from her hometown and tells him he can't come visit. There's literally no part of this story he could be exaggerating on, dude needs to get some self esteem and end things but she's being a p terrible human being over it so I dunno why anyone would root for her here.

Why are you assuming "you can't visit/I don't want to entertain you" means she's cheating and not that she's just socializing at college? I agree that she should probably explicitly break up with him, but it's a jump to assume she's focused on loving Chad Thundercock and not just getting into the swing of things at college, which visits from a clingy, controlling (note his bit about how it's time to her to change, because he already did enough changin') hometown boyfriend tend to put a huge drain on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Khorne posted:

I give her the benefit of the doubt as long as her roommates know about him.

I mean, judging by the story, if she cheated on him she'd just break up with him. Maybe without mentioning cheating, but it's kind of irrelevant.

If she wanted to see him she wouldn't hem and haw over the logistics of him visiting. There's literally nothing to argue about here. Dude is obviously a naive wiener but that doesn't make it acceptable to string him along either.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Me [20F] with my SO [35M] freaked out about me mentioning that I am on my period and said I was acting unladylike

Hi reddit, basically as the title says, my SO freaked out when I told him that I am on my period.

For context, BF (Joe) and I have been together for 6 months. He's a great guy and my first real boyfriend. This is also the only real blip we've had in our relationship, because he's very keen for me to move in with him.

So basically my period started last night, and the day it starts I sort of always feel a bit icky, bloated and can get some pretty bad stomach cramps. Last night my cramps were particularly bad, so I decided to stay in bed with netflix. Joe was over and asked me what's wrong. Well considering menstruation is a fact of life, I basically said to him, "nothing's wrong, I just have my period and I feel a bit gross". Well Joe freaked the gently caress out and said to me that it's unladylike to speak about that in front of men, that he doesn't want to hear about it, that it's inappropriate, gross and disgusting to mention that to your partner.

Joe is my first real boyfriend, so I apologized to him because I sort of see where he is coming from, because periods are gross and its not something that men have to deal with. I think he accepted my apology, but he didn;t stay the night at mine and went back to his house. I never really got a chance to talk to him about it, because whenever I mentioned how it's not a big deal, that it's normally he would block his ears and say I am being disgusting.

Am I right to be a bit annoyed with my SO? I mean all I said was "I have my periods, so I feel a bit gross and bloated", I dont think that's too gross to handle. Is it a normal reaction for your partner to be so averse to the mention of periods?

tl;dr: Mentioned to my SO that I have my periods, he freaked out and said it's gross, crass and unladylike to talk about infront of men

:murder:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Antivehicular posted:

Why are you assuming "you can't visit/I don't want to entertain you" means she's cheating and not that she's just socializing at college?
if it had nothing to do with her wanting to distance herself from her boyfriend then she'd be cool with him visiting. Maybe she hasn't already done something but it's obviously an option.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Me [20F] with my SO [35M] freaked out about me mentioning that I am on my period and said I was acting unladylike

Hi reddit, basically as the title says, my SO freaked out when I told him that I am on my period.

For context, BF (Joe) and I have been together for 6 months. He's a great guy and my first real boyfriend. This is also the only real blip we've had in our relationship, because he's very keen for me to move in with him.

So basically my period started last night, and the day it starts I sort of always feel a bit icky, bloated and can get some pretty bad stomach cramps. Last night my cramps were particularly bad, so I decided to stay in bed with netflix. Joe was over and asked me what's wrong. Well considering menstruation is a fact of life, I basically said to him, "nothing's wrong, I just have my period and I feel a bit gross". Well Joe freaked the gently caress out and said to me that it's unladylike to speak about that in front of men, that he doesn't want to hear about it, that it's inappropriate, gross and disgusting to mention that to your partner.

Joe is my first real boyfriend, so I apologized to him because I sort of see where he is coming from, because periods are gross and its not something that men have to deal with. I think he accepted my apology, but he didn;t stay the night at mine and went back to his house. I never really got a chance to talk to him about it, because whenever I mentioned how it's not a big deal, that it's normally he would block his ears and say I am being disgusting.

Am I right to be a bit annoyed with my SO? I mean all I said was "I have my periods, so I feel a bit gross and bloated", I dont think that's too gross to handle. Is it a normal reaction for your partner to be so averse to the mention of periods?

tl;dr: Mentioned to my SO that I have my periods, he freaked out and said it's gross, crass and unladylike to talk about infront of men

Some men need to be ordered to go buy tampons until they grow thicker skin

Barudak
May 7, 2007

35 year old man can't handle period talk in front of him? Hrm, wonder why he is single at his age and dating a girl ~15 years his junior.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Hello yes I'm old enough to be president but hearing the word 'period' troubles me

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I will never understand why so many men are such huge babies about periods

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Because their MOM never had periods, you slut!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Oh, Christ, I missed the 15-year age gap and the resulting creepiness of a 35-year-old man lecturing his 20-year-old girlfriend about being "ladylike."

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Yet another post where the age in the title thing helps make it make complete sense. It's not obvious that that would be a good rule, but it owns.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

quote:

My [21M] boyfriend is mad at me [20F]. He saw a celebrity and he's mad because I told him it's best to leave them alone.

This happened a while ago but my boyfriend is a huge wrestling fan. A while ago we saw Bobby Roode out with his children and wife. I said it's best to leave them alone and not to bother him. He listened to me and now he won't get off my case about not letting him meet him. To me it just did not seem like a good time, am I wrong considering breaking up over this?

Every time he gets a chance he brings it up and trys to make me feel bad. I was only seeing it from this guys perspective. I just thought he would not like some randoms coming up to him and bothering him.

tl;dr: Boyfriend keeps giving me grief and I want to break up.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

ArbitraryC posted:

if it had nothing to do with her wanting to distance herself from her boyfriend then she'd be cool with him visiting. Maybe she hasn't already done something but it's obviously an option.

Just because it might be an option doesn't mean it's 100% for sure happening and it's rather ungenerous to just assume that she must be cheating because she ~~likes attention~~. I agree that if she doesn't want to be together anymore she definitely shouldn't, but she might not really know what she wants right now unfortunately for him. It's a bad thing to keep stringing someone along though, that much is for sure and for both their sakes I hope she figures it out and takes action either way.

Also, I really don't think denying a hometown sweetie permission to come see you out of state is necessarily a sign of breaking up. It really can be an major inconvenience when it comes to roommates especially if she is sharing a bedroom with another person and also you have the obligation to entertain this person who drove hours to come see you and do homework all in two days. It's a headache to say the least.

Combined with all the other things I can see where this guy is worried about the relationship ending, though I bet he doesn't see that a big problem is his controlling attitude towards the whole thing. This girl's life is just beginning and he is getting left behind and he is drowning in self-doubt.

This exact situation has happened since the dawn of humans though. I'm sure some Dear Abby clone has tackled this poo poo before reddit was even a twinkle in some coder's eye.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
There is literally no person in an actual college relationship that wants to be with someone and bone that would give 2 shits about their circumstances or surroundings when it came to inviting them over. She just doesn't want to see him. As a freshmen I lived in a 2 person per room dorms and everyone worked out a way to have their bae over, she just doesn't want that. I straight up don't get the point of defending her.

Like yeah the dude is a clingy weiner and we should all laugh, he comes across as desperate and potentially controlling but she's no catch either.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

ArbitraryC posted:

There is literally no person in an actual college relationship that wants to be with someone and bone that would give 2 shits about their circumstances or surroundings when it came to inviting them over.

Untrue, though I liked and respected my dorm roommates and they me.

I'm defending her because I identify with her and her situation. And also because dude seems like a controlling rear end in a top hat without a clue.

What is the point in defending him then if he's such a nerd?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

ArbitraryC posted:

There is literally no person in an actual college relationship that wants to be with someone and bone that would give 2 shits about their circumstances or surroundings when it came to inviting them over. She just doesn't want to see him. As a freshmen I lived in a 2 person per room dorms and everyone worked out a way to have their bae over, she just doesn't want that. I straight up don't get the point of defending her.

Like yeah the dude is a clingy weiner and we should all laugh, he comes across as desperate and potentially controlling but she's no catch either.

I envy you for going to college somewhere where sleepovers were no big thing; this was not generally my college experience. Maybe her roommates aren't cool with it, or it's against the dorm rules, or he'd have nowhere to sleep but the floor. (Two people in a twin extra-long bed is a tricky proposition at best.)

Even if the logistics were fine, though, this clearly seems like a guy who would be insufferable to entertain for a weekend, because he obviously doesn't support her in what she's doing at all. Do you know how loving awful it is to host an SO for a weekend at college when said SO is going to spend the entire time complaining every time you do anything that isn't hanging out with them? It is wretched. He's clearly opposed to her even being at the college; why should she invite him so he can have a whole weekend to tell her about how she shouldn't be there?

A lot of his other issues are all totally legit things for her to do. For the love of God, he's railing at her about saying that she doesn't want to get married until after college, which is the most reasonable plan in the history of reasonable plans. It's pretty clear that he'll only be happy if they get hitched immediately, or she sits at college pining for him, and that's really not fair to expect of her.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

ArbitraryC posted:

Lmao if you think she is cheating and not just a confused 18 year old who had a busy weekend and couldn't host, your brain is broken.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Streak posted:

lmao a 6th grade relationship that lasted 5 years

My cousin is married with two children to the girl he began dating in 7th grade.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

C.H.O.M.E posted:

Lmao if you think she is cheating and not just a confused 18 year old who had a busy weekend and couldn't host, your brain is broken.

I like that he assumed she is a terrible person based on a horrible reach.
Like she is somehow the bad guy for some reason.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I think they should break up I just dunno how you can go "well she refuses to have him over because it's inconvenient and doesn't offer an alternative date" and not realize that's not just a bullshit excuse to cover for "I don't actually want you visiting me".

Like be real with me if you could bet money on it would you go with "she's gonna break up on amicable terms" or "she's gonna find someone else first then break up".

e: again I literally lived in 2person per room dorms and everyone that had highschool sweethearts had them over and boned them in the dorms, we just reached agreements with our roommates. If she actually wanted it to happen, it absolutely could happen. Freshmen year is not a year you get overloaded by courses, and I say that as a student who took max credits and was already in advanced programs.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jan 28, 2017

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Tiny Deer posted:

Because their MOM never had periods, you slut!

Yeah! Their parents never even had sex!

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
I might throw twenty messages at someone in a day if we're having a convo, otherwise, probably more like twenty a week, excluding group chat, natch.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

[Oregon] My dad has not been in my life for 14 years. He want's to see if I am a successful applicant for something for one of his kids. He told me I'm legally obligated. Is this true?

quote:

Hi, I'm just nervous and I have not spoken to my mom because she's sleeping. I have never met my dad until a month ago. It came out to me just last night why he reached out after 14 years. I'm 14 years old. One of his kids is sick with something, and he want's to see if I am comparable or something.

He told me just last night that I am legally obligated to medically help siblings if the parents so much as wish it. Is this true or is he full of it? also how can I get him to stop talking to me legally?

Give up your organs for the kid I actually wanted, kthx.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Oh that poor kid, his dad only reached out to him at all to demand his organs

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Dienes posted:

Counterpoint: There was someone in this thread that thought her boyfriend had a second butthole and thought it was too sensitive a subject to ask about.
I need a link for this

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Lonely Virgil posted:

[Oregon] My dad has not been in my life for 14 years. He want's to see if I am a successful applicant for something for one of his kids. He told me I'm legally obligated. Is this true?

Give up your organs for the kid I actually wanted, kthx.
I may have a solid lead on a spare butthole if that helps

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Haha that dad sucks and I hope mom loses her mind when she finds out

Splicer posted:

:lol:

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

I found a couple who choked a chick until she touched the dude's penis, but it was scary as gently caress and I'm not posting it.

Splicer posted:

:chanpop:

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth

Gluten Freeman posted:

My [21M] boyfriend is mad at me [20F]. He saw a celebrity and he's mad because I told him it's best to leave them alone.

This infuriates me because the guy is pushing the responsibility of his own regret onto the girl, which is terrible boundaries.

Which is worse to date: annoying douchecanoe who harangues celebrities or shirking violet who blames you for the things he didn't do?

Is this what they call a "beta male"

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I dunno, I think she should have let him go over and introduce himself. "Hi, I'm a big fan" isn't that big a deal, unless they were at a restaurant or something.

If he was gonna nerd out over the dude and not keep his chill, then sure, hold him back, but I think she was a bit of a party pooper. That doesn't excuse his constant grief giving over it, though.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
She kind of left out the context though. I think if they were walking down the street, whatever but if it was at a restaurant and he's enjoying a meal with his family, yeah, maybe best to let him be

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Also, I've never heard of a wrestler being upset over meeting a fan, they're all about fan engagement. Obviously read the room and don't ask for a picture if he's in the middle of something, but assuming he was just in public it's totally cool to say hi.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I think there's a 99% chance that college girl has already broken up with hometown hero, probably more than once and he's just too dumb to realize it

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Bobby Digital posted:

Hello yes I'm old enough to be president but hearing the word 'period' troubles me
Reactions from many grown rear end men in the government to the Women's March will tell you this isn't all that uncommon, sadly.

ArbitraryC posted:

I think they should break up I just dunno how you can go "well she refuses to have him over because it's inconvenient and doesn't offer an alternative date" and not realize that's not just a bullshit excuse to cover for "I don't actually want you visiting me".

Like be real with me if you could bet money on it would you go with "she's gonna break up on amicable terms" or "she's gonna find someone else first then break up".

e: again I literally lived in 2person per room dorms and everyone that had highschool sweethearts had them over and boned them in the dorms, we just reached agreements with our roommates. If she actually wanted it to happen, it absolutely could happen. Freshmen year is not a year you get overloaded by courses, and I say that as a student who took max credits and was already in advanced programs.
Your experience =/= everyone's experience, whether that be living situations, class loads, or relationships. I don't think anyone here is saying the girl is a saint, she should break up with him if she really doesn't want to see him, but we only have so much information on that front. People are focusing on him since he sounds like a controlling dick and he's the one that made the post. Your fixation on her cheating on him is weird though man, there's no evidence in the story that it's likely at all other than his snide comment about her getting drunk and liking attention.

Ouhei fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jan 28, 2017

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

WampaLord posted:

I dunno, I think she should have let him go over and introduce himself. "Hi, I'm a big fan" isn't that big a deal, unless they were at a restaurant or something.

She didn't not "let him go". She gave him her advice and opinion, but he's an adult who makes independent choices.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Barudak posted:

35 year old man can't handle period talk in front of him? Hrm, wonder why he is single at his age and dating a girl ~15 years his junior.

him admonishing a girl literally young enough to be his daughter with "your period is unladylike" is the epitome of :barf:

quote:

For context, BF (Joe) and I have been together for 6 months. He's a great guy and my first real boyfriend.

Oh no

:murder: :murder: :murder: :murder: :murder: :murder: :murder:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

purple death ray posted:

I think there's a 99% chance that college girl has already broken up with hometown hero, probably more than once and he's just too dumb to realize it

Ghosting him would be acceptable at this point, imo.

Saying "I want to finish school before getting married" shouldn't be an objectionable statement. If you don't support your partner focusing on their career, education, and self-development (and they yours), you probably aren't mature enough to get hitched. I can't even imagine planning and having a wedding during school. Things are stressful and expensive enough.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

lol does he not want to know if she's on her period first before having sex. If he freaks out at mere mention, imagine the meltdown he'll have when he takes off her underwear and see a big old bloody pad.

My guy buys all my period goods and even know what brand, types of pads and tampons I use without having to be reminded. He even knows about pantyliners. He is extremely good and I want to brag about it.

Lonely Virgil fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jan 28, 2017

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

WampaLord posted:

Show of hands, who besides that goon does the "push your balls to empty your pee more" move?

Nah, I just wring it out like a wet rag, then I slap it on the wall/stall wall to get the wrinkles out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

I hope when she dumps him she leaves an immaculate tampon still in its wrapper on top of something he loves, like a remote or a game controller.

He will never be able to use it again.