Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
It's by the same guy that literally made an entire remake of RE2 that looked amazing and then didn't release it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Edit: In retrospect, I only thought that was funny because it was four in the morning. Removed.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Convex posted:

It's by the same guy that literally made an entire remake of RE2 that looked amazing and then didn't release it.

What now? I feel like I've seen video of something like that, but I can't recall much.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I'm not saying the game is bad looking in general, I think it looks bloody great I just thought the hair looked kinda bad. The streamer guy I like to watch doesn't do commentary or anything, just raw playthroughs so it's kinda fun to watch his stuff for games I'm never buying.
I'm definitely getting this eventually, it's a cool game.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Been Playing RE4 again to unwind when our newborn is sleeping and this is the first time I've played the HD steam version. I do feel that Money has a huge glut more then the GCN version but I really haven't felt the ammo strain that was talked about. Then again I do the technique of waiting til a Weapon is drained before upgrading capacity and love suplexing and kicking as many Ganados as I can so that probably helped. When I made it to the castle I had almost 200 Rounds of handgun ammo and 40 shotgun shells. The only weapons drained to practically barren status were the rifle and TMP but those are usually the ones I use the most through the VIllage section.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Dreadwroth posted:

I'm not saying the game is bad looking in general, I think it looks bloody great I just thought the hair looked kinda bad. The streamer guy I like to watch doesn't do commentary or anything, just raw playthroughs so it's kinda fun to watch his stuff for games I'm never buying.
I'm definitely getting this eventually, it's a cool game.

Yeah especially on Mia for that little bit where you are following her.

I've been playing Final Fantasy 15 and the same kind of effect on her hair happens when you look at the boys through the windshield of the car. It get kinda grainy and pixely look.

Hadent really noticed it happen anywhere else though.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Hey so I figure most people will be talking about the actual game, but I decided to at least play through the demo and oops got sucked into doing the dummy finger crap. Problem is, I'm randomly not getting the last laugh to fire and I don't know what I did differently. I pointed the finger at the blue and white wires above the bed and got the noise confirming I did so, then I picked up the phone like this guide told me to despite there being no difference in just doing that regularly, then I went down into the basement and stared at the doll. In the video guide, the guy gets a giggle, when I do it, no giggle. I even tried going to the next step to see if it silently triggered, but no dice. Should I just restart or is this maybe salvagable? I'm hesitant to restart because I'm -really bad- at not getting hit in the basement.

e: A different guide prefaces itself by saying if you've picked up any bullets you cannot get the final giggle. The one I was using never mentions that. :v:

Geight fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jan 25, 2017

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
I'm pretty sure the only trigger for the final giggle is just to keep watching the video and checking until it happens. I don't know if it's random or tied to a certain amount of times, but I did it for both myself and a friend and nothing else I did seemed to matter. I definitely picked up ammo. So just keep at it.

Lord Grundle
Sep 5, 2011
The guide I used said you have to open the refrigerator, microwave, and pot. Then watch the video and check all three places again in the video. It also said you need to see the spooky ghost at least once in the video.

I don't know if that's actually what you have to do but it worked for me. I may have just been lucky.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

MazelTovCocktail posted:

What now? I feel like I've seen video of something like that, but I can't recall much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X98lnbJPKkg

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

He remade the entire loving game?? :psyduck: If capcom were to release that, as-is, I don't think there would be much complaining, other than its too similar and not enough like REmake

edit: ok not as-is, they'd have to touch it up a bit, especially the animations. actually poo poo, release both this as the Remastered Classic edition and then also do the new RE2make or whatever and please everybody

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jan 27, 2017

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:stare:

That's really nice.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Speaking of RE2 (and RE3), is there any way to play these on PC currently? I'm seeing it around on some sites as vaporware. Would I be better off seeing if I can rent a copy on PS or something?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Anyone want my PlayStation Store pre-order bonus? It's 40% off the movie collection, and I'm sure not going to use it. PM me.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Class Warcraft posted:

Speaking of RE2 (and RE3), is there any way to play these on PC currently? I'm seeing it around on some sites as vaporware. Would I be better off seeing if I can rent a copy on PS or something?

I think you can buy RE2 and RE3 on the PS3, if you have one, on the PSN.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Class Warcraft posted:

PS1 and Gamecube emulation are both really easy.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Re3 on pc is awesome because you can skip the loading screens

Vakal
May 11, 2008

blackguy32 posted:

Re3 on pc is awesome because you can skip the loading screens

Also you can install a mod that lets you play as Jill in Operation Mad Jackal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv5yDXraez8

Her outfit in it is so much better than the default one it hurts.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Vakal posted:

I bought it through gamestop old digital download service. But now that service is nowhere to be found. I miss that game :(

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Vakal posted:

You do know there's like a bazillion alternate outfits for her in RE3 right?

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

He remade the entire loving game?? :psyduck: If capcom were to release that, as-is, I don't think there would be much complaining, other than its too similar and not enough like REmake

edit: ok not as-is, they'd have to touch it up a bit, especially the animations. actually poo poo, release both this as the Remastered Classic edition and then also do the new RE2make or whatever and please everybody

I get that the guy doesn't want to get in trouble with Capcom by releasing it, but I don't see why it couldn't mysteriously appear on bit torrent or something. So much work for just a portfolio project.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Alteisen posted:

You do know there's like a bazillion alternate outfits for her in RE3 right?

Yes and they are all kind of terrible.

I am kind of partial to disco suit Jill though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I will hear no criticism against RE1 Jill's giant shoulderpads.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Or Regina Jill.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Shoulder pads over a tank top was in in 1998

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I will hear no criticism against RE1 Jill's giant shoulderpads.

I guess they might actually be a pretty good defense against zombie bites with the way they lunge at you

Ashley had the right idea

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I'm not the biggest fan of RE 6 but at least they were on point for the alternative outfits.

Although the less said about Sherry's alt is probably for the better.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's only been a couple of years, I can still fit into these clothes....

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Class Warcraft posted:

Can you read japanese? If so, there are just straight up PC ports that exist.

the western versions of these ports are kinda poo poo and difficult to get running, the japanese pc ports less so for reasons I don't understand.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The thing that cracks me up is that Jill's shoulder pads are such a gamey thing, but they dressed an actress up like that for the intro and it looks like someone's grandma had to make the outfit Out of dress fabric because nothing like that exists in real life.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Vakal posted:

Yes and they are all kind of terrible.

I am kind of partial to disco suit Jill though.

Disco suit Jill gives of a Dana Scully vibe.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

There is no question that the best costumes in RE6 are these bad boys:

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Can you read japanese? If so, there are just straight up PC ports that exist.

the western versions of these ports are kinda poo poo and difficult to get running, the japanese pc ports less so for reasons I don't understand.

No, unfortunately I don't read Japanese. I'm trying the emulator route but so far I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
I ran through re2, re3, survivor, outbreak via emulator earlier in the month. Works great. Re3 has a few weird graphics issue that are ignorable, some stuff from one scene appears on the next scene for like a second but other than that its pretty perfect. You can get filters through google searching if you want them to look as good as they did through a crt. Unless you like looking at a mess.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I gotta say, RE7 level design takes a hit on the penultimate area, where instead of learning an area as you progress through, you just get annoying obstacles, like "aww gently caress, I left the crank two rooms back". Overall, a way better effort than I expected it to be, but quite not at RE1-2 levels, which is what takes more inspiration from.

Honest Thief fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jan 29, 2017

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I mostly had an issue with the last area because I was trying to solve a puzzle that wasn't a puzzle, since I forgot that in cutscenes you are easily able to make a five foot vertical jump.

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account
Ugh, I hated the morgue fight so much. The begin of it was tedious (before Jack gets the pincer saw), especially since I had to do it multiple times.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

The fight would have been boring if not for hitting him with body bags being so loving fun.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

If you walk away from the morgue fight going "man how boring" then you may want to see a psychologist because clearly you cannot find joy in life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account

DreamShipWrecked posted:

If you walk away from the morgue fight going "man how boring" then you may want to see a psychologist because clearly you cannot find joy in life.

I was pretty terrible at it, so it was more the 20th iteration of "get herb, get chem, grab dog, kick bags, get saw" that did me in.

The chainsaw damage seemed very inconsistent, sometimes he'd mutate right away and sometimes it felt like 7 or 8 hits before he did.