Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Basticle posted:

alright can someone explain the rules of this

IIRC it was 4-3, then we had a draw, making it 5-4, then went 5-5, 6-5, 6-6, 6-7

To win in ranked you need to be ahead by 2 points. In this case you might have just reached the maximum amount of rounds allowed for ranked.

I'm not 100% sure of the official ranked settings but looking at what can be done in custom matches:

number of rounds ( 1 to 10 )
Overtime rounds (1 to 6 and infinite) - infinite being used in proleague i believe
Overtime score difference ( 1 or 2 )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Oh poo poo really? I thought it was just best of seven

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Finally got Gold 1 after an entire season of hitting Silver 4, then being dragged back down to Silver 1.Meanwhile the absolute worst person at FPS games I've ever seen got immediately ranked at Platinum 1.

There is no justice.

EDIT:

This is a weird thing.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jan 29, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=852284649

yeaaaaaaa (blind throw down the stairs after I heard shooting there)

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

:sigh:

EDIT: http://streamable.com/5a4lf

I wasn't aware this was a thing.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jan 29, 2017

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Oh poo poo really? I thought it was just best of seven

Wait what? I'm so confused right now because there's a screen shot and everything, but isn't it just first to 4, or first to 6 if the other team makes it to 3 too? I've done hundreds of ranked games and I can't remember it ever going to 7 :psyduck:

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Oh hey, a new way of doing humiliation kills. :getin:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Thank you very much, Hard. Drone trolling on the hostage should not be feature.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Koramei posted:

Wait what? I'm so confused right now because there's a screen shot and everything, but isn't it just first to 4, or first to 6 if the other team makes it to 3 too? I've done hundreds of ranked games and I can't remember it ever going to 7 :psyduck:

Best of 7 means there are seven rounds so the max score could be 4/3. Not seven wins

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Koramei posted:

In my screenshot we had had a draw which gives both teams a point but beyond that my brain hurts trying to comprehend what happened.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Finally got Gold 1 after an entire season of hitting Silver 4, then being dragged back down to Silver 1.Meanwhile the absolute worst person at FPS games I've ever seen got immediately ranked at Platinum 1.

There is no justice.

EDIT:

This is a weird thing.

Holy poo poo is that how you play? With fullbright? Does it not strain your eyes? Looks like cs 1.6.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

afkmacro posted:

Holy poo poo is that how you play? With fullbright? Does it not strain your eyes? Looks like cs 1.6.

I've seen some youtubers play with it like that, also with the skybox turned black so they can see when someone is peeking from the outside no matter what. It's borderline cheating imo.

EDIT: I mean the skybox thing is cheating, playing with full Gamma is prefectly fine but looks like rear end. But I know that even the top CS:GO players take advatage of that, so that they can see the pixel-wide peeks.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

I think that's a graphical error you can't really control? Sometimes I wish there'd be a picmip 16 command.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

That first clip is pretty scummy.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Being able to lower graphics to such a degree really is silly, you basically have to do the same to remain competitive at that point why bother making the games pretty?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Lol if you care enough about video games to make the experience worse for the sake of winning.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

afkmacro posted:

My brightness is up but god no, I don't play like that picture. It happened after I crashed and rejoined.

SatelliteCore posted:

That first clip is pretty scummy.

Cool, I'll take your feelings into consideration next time.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Admiral Joeslop posted:

lol

my favorite way to mess with a downed player is lay next to them and set off a dank smoke nug

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

My brightness is up but god no, I don't play like that picture. It happened after I crashed and rejoined.

Ah gotcha makes sense 👍

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

So just getting back into playing this. Last time I played they just released the dude with the bear trap. Did they ever make tachanka or IQ better?

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Mr.Trifecta posted:

So just getting back into playing this. Last time I played they just released the dude with the bear trap. Did they ever make tachanka or IQ better?

Yeah they did. IQ's electronics detector now allows you to see people, etc. through it (so it doesn't JUST show electronics and block everything else out now), and Tachanka's MG has a glass shield, similar to Blackbeard's.

EDIT: They also buffed Pulse so that he's great, then debuffed him so he's worse than what he was originally.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

thank god it's gluten-free

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

why is the french guy speaking german

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Gsg9 is German

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Blitz is german or is there a joke I'm not getting?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I think he just mixed up Doc and Blitz

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I can never keep track of that I was told the opposite :shrug:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

GIGN is French. GSG-9 is German.

Just think "German-Speaking-Germans."

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

tbf GIGN gets so many german guns I sometimes think they're german

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Basticle posted:

tbf GIGN gets so many german guns I sometimes think they're german

That was part of the Treaty Of Versailles.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Admiral Joeslop posted:

That was part of the Treaty Of Versailles.

Came to post WW2 joke, you beat me to it

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Major Isoor posted:

Yeah they did. IQ's electronics detector now allows you to see people, etc. through it (so it doesn't JUST show electronics and block everything else out now), and Tachanka's MG has a glass shield, similar to Blackbeard's.

EDIT: They also buffed Pulse so that he's great, then debuffed him so he's worse than what he was originally.

They actually made Tachanka objectively worse by obscuring his view with a bunch of bullshit.

Pulse is still way easier to play than he originally was.

I never really get to play IQ so dunno about that one.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Jehde posted:

Pulse is still way easier to play than he originally was.

Really? I never had any issues playing as Classic Pulse, but I dunno, I just feel like the more limited range hurts me more when I play as him now. Probably just me though - I don't really play him often nowadays anyway.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Major Isoor posted:

Really? I never had any issues playing as Classic Pulse, but I dunno, I just feel like the more limited range hurts me more when I play as him now. Probably just me though - I don't really play him often nowadays anyway.

I didn't either, but that's because I used to be a Pulse main and got used to how old Pulse worked. Used to be you would only get intermittent signals and had to fill in the gaps with your own prediction of where they'd be etc, took more thinking and strategizing to play him effectively. Now you just get a constant signal that makes it trivial to track enemies. That was their goal with buffing Pulse, making him more accessible, they just went overboard and have since rolled back a bit. The distance didn't make that much of a difference for how I played since it was always up close engagements anyways.

I don't play Pulse as much anymore either because it's not as fun to me. There was always a debate in our group about playing objective Pulse vs roaming Pulse. I was always the former, so I still bring him out for maps/spots I know he's especially effective in that regard.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jan 30, 2017

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Yeah it was never really about "he's hard to play" more so that they just straight up made him easier to play. His debuff definitely made him worse but even in the state he is now he's a lot more powerful than he was before just because you get a continuous ping now.

Personally I find Pulse players are at their best when they are in full information mode and just hanging back.

It's not glamorous work but it's what wins games.

I get the temptation to roam though since you basically have a wall hack at your disposal but granting that same wall hack to your team while on an objective just seems like a better use of his bullshit gadget. :P

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

I think that's a graphical error you can't really control? Sometimes I wish there'd be a picmip 16 command.

This happened to me once after alt-tabbing from the game and back in - fixed itself after a round or two.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIoRKKLKhTc

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Major Isoor posted:

The range is basically the same as old Pulse, while you could technically see out to 10 meters with the original Pulse gadget, it was literally impossible to do so outside of controlled circumstances. The beeps were too faint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Unbuffnerfbuff Pulse.

• Locked thread