Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/825898336498622465/

This isn't going to have any bad repercussions at all. No sir-ee

But but you see she was a muslim and so it is ok

There are people who legitimately think this, which is pretty terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

okay i am in no way defending Trump but Obama whacked that guy ina done strike that also killed his son, a minor and an American citizen

Edit: still getting used to swipe keyboard

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 30, 2017

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smiling Jack posted:

okay i am in no way defending Trump but Obama whacked that guy ina done strike that also looked his son, a minor and an American citizen

Drones are awesome.
No unironically they are

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

holocaust bloopers posted:

Does Springfield still make a nice 9mm pistol? I had one a few years ago. It was pretty rad.

Might now be worth the money now, though. I'm waiting till the SHOT Show for Trump to debut his line of guns.

Not 9mm, but I love my SA 1911. And my next purchase will either be an XDS or an M&P Shield...I can get the Shield WAY cheaper than the XDS, but I want to shoot both before deciding.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Godholio posted:

Not 9mm, but I love my SA 1911. And my next purchase will either be an XDS or an M&P Shield...I can get the Shield WAY cheaper than the XDS, but I want to shoot both before deciding.

Don't get the XDS

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Smiling Jack posted:

okay i am in no way defending Trump but Obama whacked that guy ina done strike that also looked his son, a minor and an American citizen

Sure, but Al-Awlaki was a legitimate target, and Abdulrahman Al-Awlaki was collateral damage in a strike aimed at Al-Banna, if I remember right.

Not saying this strike was illegal by any means, but it sure seems spectacularly ill advised.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
It's certainly not far removed from strikes conducted during Obama's presidency, but a dead American civilian on the very first op is a hell of a bad omen.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Somewhere, Harry Turtledove is quietly sipping his tea.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

The Iron Rose posted:

Sure, but Al-Awlaki was a legitimate target, and Abdulrahman Al-Awlaki was collateral damage in a strike aimed at Al-Banna, if I remember right.

Not saying this strike was illegal by any means, but it sure seems spectacularly ill advised.

I'm amazed that Al-Awlaki wasn't killed many times over, he was practically begging for someone to take him out.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Smiling Jack posted:

Don't get the XDS

I'm gonna ask you why in the gun thread.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I don't give a poo poo about Al-Alwaki himself. I'd argue he'd more or less renounced his citizenship through his actions.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Godholio posted:

I'm gonna ask you why in the gun thread.

Price point isn't much improved over the Glock and it has a grip safety. Earlier generations has serious reliability issues.

NYPD just authorized it for off duty so I assume reliability issues were mitigated, but it doesn't do anything a Glock doesn't do better.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smiling Jack posted:

Price point isn't much improved over the Glock and it has a grip safety. Earlier generations has serious reliability issues.

NYPD just authorized it for off duty so I assume reliability issues were mitigated, but it doesn't do anything a Glock doesn't do better.

Does the NYPD still hate Kahr?

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Thump! posted:

:laffo:

I won't be surprised to find Bannon and Pence to be of this train of thought, of course.

Bannon yes, Pence no because he needs it to ramrod his conservative interpretations through any potential congressional block.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Does the NYPD still hate Kahr?

The NYPD has something like 5000 cops carrying the Khar which had a somewhat normal trigger pull.

One year, the NYPD had 6-7 negligent discharges, all Khar. Ray Kelly, the commissioner at the time loving hated guns and demanded a 12lb trigger pull in the Khar.

Khar couldn't get the gun to work reliably with this trigger pull and Kelly banned it.

Edit: the NYPD mandates all discharges not at a range be reported, most of those NDs were off duty, gently caress knows how those idiots managed it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Smiling Jack posted:

I've never held a Glock that felt comfortable, so they're out right off the bat (yes, I'm the only person who hates shooting Glocks). I borrowed a Shield a couple of weeks ago...it shot well, but didn't feel especially well put together.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It's certainly not far removed from strikes conducted during Obama's presidency, but a dead American civilian on the very first op is a hell of a bad omen.

Right, the real question is whether this was a fluke or indicative of greater risk tolerance in these sorts of things by the new administration.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

https://twitter.com/AlexEdelman/status/825881764375588864

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Holy poo poo. I bet those who signed have some stories to tell.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

loving how could you willingly sign that form without a lawyer present?

Jesus Christ, someone please get the last 48 hours in front of SCOTUS before God-King Trump resurrects the shambling corpse of resurrected Scalia to reign eternal over the judiciary.

The Orgasm Sanction
Dec 30, 2006

Svelte

That's so outrageous, I'd need the ACLU to confirm that.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Lol yea I'm sure there was no coercion involved there at all....

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jan 30, 2017

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

suboptimal posted:

loving how could you willingly sign that form without a lawyer present?

Jesus Christ, someone please get the last 48 hours in front of SCOTUS before God-King Trump resurrects the shambling corpse of resurrected Scalia to reign eternal over the judiciary.

Because they are denying them access to a lawyer and probably other types of coercion.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I'm still wondering where these people are being shipped off to.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Well hasn't Donnie been talking about filling up gitmo again? :magical:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Godholio posted:

I'm still wondering where these people are being shipped off to.

Catching the next flight out!

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Those trucks the nazis had that just looped the exhaust back into the passenger compartment.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I started listening to that chapo trap house podcast a few days ago, starting with their most recent episodes. Some of it is really good: https://soundcloud.com/chapo-trap-house

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/TACstrat/status/825888714962436097

I can imagine the :stare: poo poo the staffers had.

..... or what retired General Kelly had when he was in the middle of being briefed on the executive order and it got signed.

https://twitter.com/eorden/status/825908026750156800

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Can confirm that State found out about this thing right around the same time that everyone else in government did, i.e. after Trump signed it.

This will get worse before it gets better. Much, much worse.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Can't wait for tomorrow guys!

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I saw something about him signing another order tomorrow. Watch it end up being another version of the muslim ban to get around the court order.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
This legit feels like a TV show at this point. And every day is another episode.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Reuters reporting five killed in a mosque in Quebec

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Duzzy Funlop posted:

This legit feels like a TV show at this point. And every day is another episode.

let's just hope it's not the sopranos final episode smash cut to black

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Two Finger posted:

let's just hope it's not the sopranos final episode smash cut to black

poo poo at this point that would be a step up

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

TBeats posted:

I had this conversation with a friend of mine. I don't know what bin Laden's goal was, but I'm sure it was far surpassed.
It was like stepping up to the line with your bowling ball, rolling the ball down the lane, and hitting the pins in such a way that somehow the entire drat bowling alley falls down. And catches fire. And becomes your racist uncle.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Syrian Lannister posted:

Reuters reporting five killed in a mosque in Quebec

There's been a growing far right / new nazi trend in the Quebec City area for the pasties years - soldiers of Odin, that type of idiocy. I wouldn't be surprised if that was related.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I'm excited that this is proof that the world is ending (and sympathize with that viewpoint), but just for fun-

I challenge anyone to post an intelligent article about how the EO could / might be stopped.

I also challenge anyone to post an article with international reaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Retardog posted:

Somewhere, Harry Turtledove is quietly sipping his tea.

Ringo is the new Clancy.

• Locked thread