Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I'd honestly rather grow some tittygourds than opium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Captain Yossarian posted:

Is it possible to import seeds online legally? If you bring them with you IRL they have to be declared and a customs person has to check them.

don't worry i'll write "juice" on the label when i send you my seed. customs wont give a poo poo

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Parallax Scroll posted:

don't worry i'll write "juice" on the label when i send you my seed. customs wont give a poo poo

:eyepop: lol

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

I'd not be the least bit surprised to find that a lot of these obviously fake plants are just a way to smuggle illegal drug plants into the US. Like a guy hands you a slip of paper on a street corner and it just says "Aliexpress - titty gourds" or "blue strawberries" and you buy a gross of them to start a weed farm or opium business.

well, i ordered $20 worth of weird-seeming plants today, let's see what happens!

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

WrenP-Complete posted:

well, i ordered $20 worth of weird-seeming plants today, let's see what happens!

Post what happens, it would honestly make for a good thread

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Do they still have those "water boilers" and "tea makers" that basically short out your outlet into a cup?

Those looked fun.

Edit:
http://s.aliexpress.com/zeI7Zviq

Hurray they still sell death in a cup!

blugu64 fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 31, 2017

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

blugu64 posted:

Do they still have those "water boilers" and "tea makers" that basically short out your outlet into a cup?

Those looked fun.

Edit:
http://s.aliexpress.com/zeI7Zviq

Hurray they still sell death in a cup!

if you buy this you deserve to die
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pc...2782778475.html

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

thats not the dangerous one

its this one -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EViyccc2t9w

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
hoooly poo poo lol

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

thats not the dangerous one

its this one -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EViyccc2t9w

lol this rules

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

can't wait until trump gets rid of the consumer safety commission and fda and all that poo poo and we start selling these babies at gas stations

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

can't wait until trump gets rid of the consumer safety commission and fda and all that poo poo and we start selling these babies at gas stations

the babies who get fried? like next to the breakfast burritos?

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

WrenP-Complete posted:

My bets are all on the "WrenP is eventually engulfed by lovely exotic plants like that hillbilly from 'Creepshow,' praying for death" outcome.

DOA
Nov 17, 2016
when i order from aliexpress the label on the pack always says its worth like 1:10 of the price i paid. I think the chinese does it so i dont have to pay a stupid import tax my country have and that way they will get more customers from places with high import taxes, nice guys :)

also the item description on the label is always wrong, almost everything says electronic supplies or something like that

i wanna buy some cheap usb sticks and other stuff that charges though usb, whats the chance my computer gets a chinese supervirus that steals all my stuff or that my computer catches fire?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yeah my labels are always for things that don't have an import duty. I don't decide though so it's on them

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

Original_Z posted:

The only thing to be careful about Aliexpress is that some of the sellers get upset and will essentially doxx you if you dispute an order or give bad feedback:

http://www.xxxx.xxx/index (I don't know if linking this site is against the rules so let me know if I should remove it).

It's used for sellers to search for "problematic" buyers so they can refuse to sell to them, although I think that having one's personal information in an easily searchable form for everyone to see is more of a problem.

I'd assume that most of the more "reputable" stores wouldn't do this, but I've just accepted that if something goes wrong with an order, I'll have to do what I can to work with the seller or surrender it and never initiate a dispute.

Well, it's the risk you take for the savings! I've had a couple of stuff not arrive but they were from official storefronts and worked things out with me, haven't been burned yet!

That's probably illegal as hell, just glancing through it there's people's names, home adress and telephone number listed. I was curious and ran this through google translate:

包裹一直在他们邮局,估计是没人去拿。一直没妥投
(Parcels have been in their post office, it is estimated that no one to get. Has not properly cast)

Someone with better Chinese than Google might provide a better translation but the gist of it is that you end up blacklisted if you don't pick up your parcel at the PO.
I understand this means the seller can't conclude the transaction and get that sweet, sweet five star review, but come on..

Edit: poo poo this is kinda addictive:
畜生。妈被狗草死了。脑子进了水的畜生。不要卖给他会后悔的
(brute. Mom was dead dog grass. Brain into the water of the beasts. Do not sell him will regret it)

Edit2: removed link, if op keeps it you can find it in that post.

Mr Havafap fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Feb 1, 2017

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Don't leave your titty gourds and superhero sex stickers at the post office or you'll get doxxed

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Snowy posted:

Don't leave your titty gourds and superhero sex stickers at the post office or you'll get doxxed

Finally some advice I can use

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

:nws:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Forbidden-Valley-Ranch-Slut-T-Shirt-Asa-Akira-3d-Print-t-shirt-Unisex-Women-Men-Casual/32693733191.html

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Be sure and buy a few badges to brighten your clothes / backpack / work suit

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...1935739506.html

The whole store is great, I bought a tenners worth of stuff ages back and drop a badge in to any gift I give now.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Speechless

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

thanks im not up to date on currant events

I feel bad no one gave you a lol for this, so lol.

DOA
Nov 17, 2016

Original_Z posted:

The only thing to be careful about Aliexpress is that some of the sellers get upset and will essentially doxx you if you dispute an order or give bad feedback:

(I don't know if linking this site is against the rules so let me know if I should remove it).

It's used for sellers to search for "problematic" buyers so they can refuse to sell to them, although I think that having one's personal information in an easily searchable form for everyone to see is more of a problem.

I'd assume that most of the more "reputable" stores wouldn't do this, but I've just accepted that if something goes wrong with an order, I'll have to do what I can to work with the seller or surrender it and never initiate a dispute.

Well, it's the risk you take for the savings! I've had a couple of stuff not arrive but they were from official storefronts and worked things out with me, haven't been burned yet!

you dont even need to be a seller to doxx people: when sellers reply to feedback sometimes they reply like this with full name "Dear john johnson, thank you for blah blah" instead of J***n J.

so if you click on all users that have left feedback on sex toys for example then look at the feedback history for that buyer it doesnt take long to find a vendor that have replied to one of theyre feedbacks with the buyers real name, took me 5 minutes to connect a real name to a user

dont buy stuff you wanna keep secret at aliexpress lol

Rubidium Bradford
May 24, 2015

Where's the bomb?
Fallen Rib
I wonder which random doodad I bought the other day is responsible for all my recommended items becoming things like "11mm Simulation Hamburger Miniatures" and "4Pcs Juice Bottles Dollhouse Miniature Accessories 1:12 Scale"

Also, shoutout to this thing:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
be crab

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
buy these for children RIGHT NOW

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rubidium Bradford posted:

I wonder which random doodad I bought the other day is responsible for all my recommended items becoming things like "11mm Simulation Hamburger Miniatures" and "4Pcs Juice Bottles Dollhouse Miniature Accessories 1:12 Scale"

Also, shoutout to this thing:

ali-express offers a wide variety of products for torturing children

bigfatdynamo
May 10, 2016

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash.
riding this bad boy over to your mans house for a mere $500+$400 shipping.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS
Who was it that said you could get good $30 watches? All the ones I could find looked like dogshit

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ZombieJesus posted:

Who was it that said you could get good $30 watches? All the ones I could find looked like dogshit

you should go with the holy poo poo model, you pay a little more than the dogshit but its worth it

Rubidium Bradford
May 24, 2015

Where's the bomb?
Fallen Rib

To be stove indeed. :engleft:

At least this one is FDA-approved.

Rubidium Bradford fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Feb 1, 2017

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

bigfatdynamo posted:

riding this bad boy over to your mans house for a mere $500+$400 shipping.

Rutibex posted:

you should go with the holy poo poo model, you pay a little more than the dogshit but its worth it

see like all this crap is wicked overpriced

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Goddamn thank you! I saw those weird loving pins ages ago and bookmarked them but I forgot where I saw them.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

DOA posted:

i wanna buy some cheap usb sticks and other stuff that charges though usb, whats the chance my computer gets a chinese supervirus that steals all my stuff or that my computer catches fire?

good enough to negate the couple dollars you save. don't plug an aliexpress anything into your electronics

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

DOA posted:

also the item description on the label is always wrong, almost everything says electronic supplies or something like that

USB sticks will have terrible build quality and break almost immediately. Power cables might burn out your ports (probably not... probably), but even if they don't they'll wear out in like a week.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

NoneMoreNegative posted:

The whole store is great, I bought a tenners worth of stuff ages back and drop a badge in to any gift I give now.

lmao holy poo poo

bigfatdynamo
May 10, 2016

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash.
y-you too jackie chan

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Lmao at all those and this kiddie saw trap

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

That70sHeidi posted:

OMFG I'm gonna make so much money selling washi tape and stickers at Xmas church craft fairs!!! I take it this is wher Etsy sellrs get thir kawaiiiiii poo poo?

I am positive if I have a wickr basket of just the Made in America tins at th craft show/flea market, someone will buy the poo poo out of them; made in and shipped from China.

I'm still going through craft stuff I can resell but check out this GORGEOUS feathr washi tape.

A ton of Etsy poo poo is from AE. I used to have "collections" on Etsy that were all the same thing, but Etsy periodically nukes those lists lmao

The one for that "steam punk octopus ONE OF A KIND" had over 400 items saved to it. The "tiny wishbone necklace" one was near 200.

A lot of these sellers cut out the middleman and just straight sell on Etsy, too. They threw a collective fit a while ago when they learned of the new "really for real only handmade" store, Zibbet, and were promptly banned from selling after signing up. It was great.

A lot of the supplies are straight from these AE suppliers and manufacturers, too. Sometimes I wish I didn't have a conscious.

People will swarm over those tins. A couple might put then back if you don't peel off the "Made in China" stickers, though.

Also, if you get washi tape, share the quality, please. I use a lot of that poo poo to package items I've sold, so people can easily tear the padding open. I'm worried AE washi tape will have toxic adhesive or be much more sticky than regular washi tape.

I erased it on accident and I'm not finding it again because mobile, but that little plastic bag heat sealer works pretty well. I use it to reseal bags of three thousand little beads, keep them from going everywhere.

It does much hotter than it needs to, so
It takes some time to learn how yo use it. It actually has a rudimentary child safety feature, a piece that clamps it shut.

Over There posted:

Is this like the Wish app?

Basically the same thing. Same sellers, for the most part. I always check both, it's a toss-up which one will have an item for less, when shipping is taken into account.

Pekinduck posted:

Pays for itself.

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/percocet-10-325-tdp-punch-die-mold-for-tablet/250307251.html

Edit: Dhgate is incapable of producing a working link, search for "Percocet"

lmao lovely, stamp that fentanyl-and-baking-soda mixture into a hundred Percs and kill some people.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Feb 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I am unnaturally fond of plastic food ('simulation food' if you're looking for it on aliexpress) and have recently purchased

One of these phone charms:

A squishy donut:

An ebi sushi fridge magnet:

A squishy panda bun:

A mochi seal :3: :

Non plastic-food purchases: