Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I'm not 100% convinced but I can't talk myself into any of the other choices either, so Option A it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

C He made our airship be able to go underwater, he deserves to be saved.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Respectfully casting a dissenting vote for B on the grounds that CPig will almost certainly punish the whole of the light warriors for their hubris with all these walkthroughs and guides, which so far both led and misled us. Of course, my common sense approach led us just now into scum supreme territory the first time all game, so gently caress me.

But I firmly believe in democracy and one of the most important responsibilities of any voting citizen is to evaluate the evidence available and vote what they believe is best not just for themselves, but the whole of the system. To say "no" even when they call for "yes" from the hilltops if you truly believe they act in error. Reality - or in this case, CPig - will reveal the victor.

That said, my availability today may be very limited, and I need to make sure this is on the books. #vote Absurd Revolver both my personal case and "damning" evidence according to KB are earlier in this very thread. He has promised a counter-case and I'm hoping he'll deliver.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

Option D

obviously

BOTTLEKNIGHT HAS NOT POSTED IN A LITERAL loving WEEK

##vote BK die.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Tell Kashuno where you were BK you rear end

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

peramene posted:

Respectfully casting a dissenting vote for B on the grounds that CPig will almost certainly punish the whole of the light warriors for their hubris with all these walkthroughs and guides, which so far both led and misled us. Of course, my common sense approach led us just now into scum supreme territory the first time all game, so gently caress me.

But I firmly believe in democracy and one of the most important responsibilities of any voting citizen is to evaluate the evidence available and vote what they believe is best not just for themselves, but the whole of the system. To say "no" even when they call for "yes" from the hilltops if you truly believe they act in error. Reality - or in this case, CPig - will reveal the victor.

That said, my availability today may be very limited, and I need to make sure this is on the books. #vote Absurd Revolver both my personal case and "damning" evidence according to KB are earlier in this very thread. He has promised a counter-case and I'm hoping he'll deliver.

You have a single octothorpe, rather than a double, your vote doesn't count.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
A

peramene posted:

yeah life hit me hard and i haven't had the time recently

this will end soon but i do promise i'll have a case before deadline

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Many thanks Grandicap, both for the reminder of the original name of the "hashtag" (we've long since lost that battle) and the iteration.

##vote Absurd Revolver

Absurd Revolver posted:

I do promise i'll have a case before deadline

You can give it to the Executioner shortly before deadline, if you wish, perhaps they will hear your fabricated plea for mercy.

clicks the chess clock back to AR
(I bet that loving thing has a name)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
It does

It's called a chess clock.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

peramene posted:

peramene posted:

Many thanks Grandicap, both for the reminder of the original name of the "hashtag" (we've long since lost that battle) and the iteration.

##vote Absurd Revolver

You can give it to the Executioner shortly before deadline, if you wish, perhaps they will hear your fabricated plea for mercy.

clicks the chess clock back to AR
(I bet that loving thing has a name)

lol, let it be known that peramene doubleplus knows that AR is scum

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

lol, let it be known that peramene doubleplus knows that AR is scum

the first vote was invalid, only a single # in it

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Mithross posted:

the first vote was invalid, only a single # in it

Ahhhh I've done that trick before.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm still trying to get my bearings and work clocked me in the side of the head this week, but just on VIBES~~~~ Peramene is pinging me.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

peramene posted:

I think this is what's putting me off. Feels defensive when nobody is saying anything.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I'm absolutely on-board with voting BK at the conclusion of this story event now that I see he's posting elsewhere on the forums in addition to being absent from here for a literal week.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Bifauxnen posted:

:siren: I just asked CPig if I could get 2 job changes in one day cause I had one day where I hadn't changed, and he said yeah whatever, he wasn't gonna limit them at all so long as I had points! :siren:

If anyone else besides me was somewhat suspicious of this claim, I PM'd CPig and he indicates that switching jobs multiple times in a day is indeed allowable now.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Would be happy with AR, but happier with BK

##vote BK

Even if his claim is true, at this point he isn't playing the game anyway.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Also, B

His head is made of rocks, how hard can he be to outsmart? Actual rocks!

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

I think this is what's putting me off. Feels defensive when nobody is saying anything.

It is common to dissent during a democratic process, we've had repeated complaints all game that folks aren't talking about / explaining their votes. I'm merely explaining my reasons for dissenting despite a majority building in favor of another option. I can see how that can come off as defensive, but why would I need to defend a choice we won't see the consequences of?

Good lord, I am unreadably verbose.

tl;dr: I see your point Keane but nah I'm just trying to be respectful of my peers

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

whoah poo poo only 2 hours to deadline

##vote BK

I should be around till then but may be momentarily distracted depending on how annoying my boss is today

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Someday this event will end. :)

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I put in for dragoon so lets not hammer too early in case cpig gets back to me and it is worth others switching to as well.

Gonna read the event now

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I want the event to end so we can see if we get the crystal and new jobs before I pick something.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

IllegallySober posted:

I want the event to end so we can see if we get the crystal and new jobs before I pick something.

Yup, exactly.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

C

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

IllegallySober posted:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I am still at work so will be in and out through deadline.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

From N1 I can tell you even if we unlock jobs and pick them now I doubt we will get details on them before deadline. CPig processed mine after N1 began.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote BK Okay.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I just chose a job now so in case someone hammers I have one. Really wish we knew what this event did first, though.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm still holding out. I'll wait to drop my vote till the last 5 minutes I guess.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

In case anyone else is holding out really wanting to check out the last set of Earth Crystal jobs, here's a quick summary of what they are from skimming a FAQ:

Black Belt - upgraded version of Monk. But their "Boost" skill is supposed to be pretty bad in game.

Magus - upgraded version of Black Mage.

Devout - upgraded version of White Mage.

Summoner - what it says on the tin, just so you know the existing Evoker job that everyone seems to have ignored is supposed to be the lovely early version of Summoner.

Sage - can cast all white, black, or summon magic. Considered the best all-around mage, but has less MP. Based on how Red Mages panned out, this might end up with an unpredictable mix of different abilities at each level, probably stick with Sage or Devout if you're after black or white magic in particular.

Ninja - very strong attackers in game, who can throw swords and shurikens and stuff. No idea how this will translate to Mafia.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Bifauxnen posted:

Ninja - very strong attackers in game, who can throw swords and shurikens and stuff. No idea how this will translate to Mafia.

I mean, I can think of one way...

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

chaoslord posted:

I mean, I can think of one way...

hahaha, seriously.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

yeah I thought of that right after I hit post :lol: was too busy reading about how shurikens cost so much money and poo poo

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The warriors attack the Titan Head on and after a long battle manage to slay it!

Just as they do Lava in the room begins to rise!

Oh No!

To Be Continued in event number 1 tomorrow!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
All players gain 20 CP!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Just kidding They rescue Doga and get the earth crystal powers, jobs unlock momentarily.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

CapitalistPig posted:

Just kidding They rescue Doga and get the earth crystal powers, jobs unlock momentarily.

CapitalistPig posted:

Dammit. Guess I should have waited another 20 minutes (unless CPig feels like giving me a refund)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

new jobs posted on the OP now. I'm all good if you guys wanna hammer.

• Locked thread