Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Flynn has a retard boner for war with Iran. He tried to argue that Iran did Benghazi with no evidence, which ended up being part of the reason Obama fired him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

No Devos is pretty much human garbage. I've watched what she's done to public education in Michigan.

I don't want to split hairs on the appropriateness and creative aesthetics of describing a woman's physical unattractiveness versus her legacy of infrastructure destruction in the current events thread so. It would be very nazi-like of me.

Maybe for every lame attack on a new administration figure, you have to say one nice thing about them?

DeVos is a dog faced ugly lady, but she has nice glasses. DeVos hosed over public education in Michigan, but in the process she showed us the true meaning of Christmas.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Yeah I dunno what broke in Flynn but during his RNC Convention speech you could clearly tell he's lost his marbles

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
While it would be nice to visit some distant relatives in Tehran, I would prefer that it come about via diplomacy.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

facialimpediment posted:

Never let the facts get in the way of good sabre-rattling.

Don't let planning get in the way of sabre-rattling either: https://twitter.com/nancyayoussef/status/826879090137378816

I'm going to go ahead and predict there actually are CENTCOM plans for dealing with Iran under a wide rage of contingencies.

Is her position that she's mad that Flynn talked tough without first preparing for imminent retaliatory strikes?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I should probably get around to drafting that resignation letter from the IRR, although it's not like I'd make it past SRP anyway due to my back.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Number Ten Cocks posted:

I'm going to go ahead and predict there actually are CENTCOM plans for dealing with Iran under a wide rage of contingencies.

Is her position that she's mad that Flynn talked tough without first preparing for imminent retaliatory strikes?

Lower in the tweetdeck, it recaps it. She went to her CENTCOM source and asked 'hey, was this a planned announcement and are you ready' and the CENTCOM source said 'WHAT THE gently caress DID FLYNN SAY?!'

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Quick check shows Joe Manchin is a DINO, not sure about the other two yes votes.

I thought those and RINOs were on the endangered list?

Also the Bush daughters on the recent travel ban , "Not the America I know"...

And Patreus making sense on not wanting to give ammunition to the extremists. Breaking the law for pussy aside, I hope they listen to him on this one.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Why do you say that? I don't think anyone believes Mattis is a yes man for Trump. Gorsuch, surprisingly enough, isn't a yes man for government power.

More in reference to AG than anything else.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
re dems voting yes

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/826829381297459200

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

So act like the GOP for the past 8 years?

Hell it worked for them why not try it.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Russia says the Iranian launch did not violate the resolution.
http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Iran_warns_US_not_to_create_new_tensions_over_missiles_999.html
can't find an Interfax source.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Marco Rubio is also confused by what a spine is

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

:laffo: he crawled out of his spider hole to post this?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Proud Christian Mom posted:

On one hand, Tillerson is lovely. On the other, that pick could have been much, much worse.

Appointing Tillerson is an openly corrupt move that puts the interests of the oil and gas industry in front of those of the country as a whole. If you're saying it could have been worse, what are the positive aspects of Tillerson in charge of state?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

You all may be happy to be out but I'm going to be happy to have steady work if dumbfuck crashes the economy. Up until the point it gets me horribly maimed or killed

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

He's not bat poo poo insane?

That's the level we're at. I'm not sure if it's rock bottom but it's close.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Rex Tillerson is not Betsy DeVos or Jeff Sessions

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Rex is way too close to Russia, but lol oh man is he getting a poo poo job where 1000+ diplomats just back-channeled their dissent with the President, Best Korea is acting up, Iran is launching missiles, and Russia Ukrainian rebels are loving around in Ukraine again.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/war_stories/2017/02/steve_bannon_doesn_t_belong_on_the_nsc_that_s_what_the_law_says.html
I hope he's right.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
I mean we could trade Tillerson to Energy and get Rick Perry as State. Doesn't that sound wonderful!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

quote:

The good news is that Congress can stop him.

Oh, good. :lol:

Also, I think this issue came up before, and the bottom line was that he's not supposed to be a sitting member comprising the NSC, but just a regular attendee, so none of the legal gibberish really applies.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Oh godfuckingdamnit this was such a meaty story that turned out to be wrong :sigh:

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/826888265584226304

DAS Super!
Jul 26, 2007
You should probably pay more attention to your log.
/
:backtowork:

facialimpediment posted:

Oh godfuckingdamnit this was such a meaty story that turned out to be wrong :sigh:

The left can't even lie competently.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

It wasn't very meaty to begin with, since - at least according to his story - his mother was essentially at a point where she might not return from her next hospital admission.

But this type of dumb poo poo is what makes up the masturbatory fantasies of the Spicers, Bannons, and Trump to refute something massive with a single loving tweet. Good job.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Trump is flying to Dover with Chris Coons, so I'm guessing they're going to Dover AFB for when the dead SEAL from the Yemen op arrives.

Guacamayo
Feb 2, 2012
Trump just boarded Marine One and is currently en route to an undisclosed location. No appointments on his schedule until 5:30 on.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
Apparently Trump went to Dover for the recent KIAs arrival.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
He'll probably be spending so much time there over the next 4 years that he'll build a hotel

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

While it would be nice to visit some distant relatives in Tehran, I would prefer that it come about via diplomacy.

your odds of banging hot iranian chicks go down if you're bombing them

no war 2017

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Liked this better.

:lolplant:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Handsome Ralph posted:

Trump is flying to Dover with Chris Coons, so I'm guessing they're going to Dover AFB for when the dead SEAL from the Yemen op arrives.

Easier for him to pick up his new Purple Heart.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Dover doesn't cut it. Until a politician has watched a human being completely pale white and soaked in blood with 3 of their detached limbs lying next to them take their last gasps of breath far away from their family and friends while a medic tries fruitlessly to keep them from drifting off, they can gently caress right off.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Handsome Ralph posted:

Well, there may be the first completely normal presidential act out of his first term.

I'm fully convinced he'll find a way to make it about himself or play the media victimization card.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Can't wait to hear a speech that has 5% to do with the SEAL he got killed and 95% about how his feefees got hurt by being called out over whichever dumbfuck thing he did recently.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Well, there may be the first completely normal presidential act out of his first term.

I'm fully convinced he'll find a way to make it about himself or play the media victimization card.

"They were so appreciative of my visit, said they respected me bigly..."

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Slim Pickens posted:

Can't wait to hear a speech that has 5% to do with the SEAL he got killed and 95% about how his feefees got hurt by being called out over whichever dumbfuck thing he did recently.

I went to go pay my respects to the brave, fallen soldier, but the LYING MEDIA just had to focus on how I didn't tell anyone about where I was going first! How dishonest and wrong!

SAD!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Apparently Trump went to Dover for the recent KIAs arrival.
I'm sure he'll do his best to treat this as a solemn occasion. :lol:

DAS Super!
Jul 26, 2007
You should probably pay more attention to your log.
/
:backtowork:
So can tillerson still vote for DeVos now that hes sec. of state?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

DAS Super! posted:

So can tillerson still vote for DeVos now that hes sec. Of state?

Tillerson was not and is not a sitting U.S. Senator, you're thinking of Sessions. And if he gets confirmed before her vote, no, he cannot.

• Locked thread