Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Chris James 2 posted:

Honestly, if the "Goldberg gets the belt at FastLane" stuff happens, I could see it working with Owens wanting Jericho's belt and winning it at Mania and/or apron powerbombing him afterwards. Obviously that's assuming they don't gently caress up his booking and as you said that's probably too much to hope for, but if they want an easy way of getting Chris off camera AND getting either of them booed more than ever, I'm struggling to think of anything else.

If it's for the US title, it shouldn't even be done. When it happens, it needs to feel important. It can't be for a midcard belt. That would be an insult to the both of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

some guy on the bus posted:

If it's for the US title, it shouldn't even be done. When it happens, it needs to feel important. It can't be for a midcard belt. That would be an insult to the both of them.

Unless they want to elevate that midcard belt? The things been on exclusively main eventers for like 6 months. NOT doing for the belt would be an insult to it.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Alain Post posted:

Both of them were leaving the company, which is why people started booing, and then they proceeded to not give a poo poo because they were mad about the fans. It was not because of "Not Enough Stars".

People have been predicting disaster and making GBS threads on the Brock/Goldberg program for week after week, even after it's repeatedly been the most consistently well booked program WWE has had for months.
As someone who watched WWE at the time of WMXX, I can say that it was a bit of both. Goldberg had been booked badly during his time in WWE (shocking, I know) and Brock was seen as a bit a oval office for the manner in which he left, but it really didn't help that the fued between these two supposed monsters had a boring build and an absolutely terrible blowoff match. I know people like to impose the narrative now that they deliberately had a godawful match together, but Goldberg was never seen as a good worker and Lesnar was never someone who could carry a poo poo worker to a really good match, so I seriously doubt it would make a difference if that were true. Besides, what kind of person turns up to his job on one of the most important events of his life and says "gently caress it, I'll put no effort in because the people watching me don't like me much right now".

I'm pretty sure the only reason why the Brock/Berg fued has worked so well this time is because we hardly ever see them on TV and because they aren't being thrown into tag matches every week as a half assed way of building the fued. Its just a rare example of a well booked rivalry. Its nothing special but it stands out because WWE are loving terrible at building any kind of tension between two people these days.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Literally the first chant was "you sold out" and both wrestlers were visibly pissed. They would hardly be the first wrestlers ever to not give a poo poo when getting a bad crowd response.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If Seth is really out, I say go with Tye Dillinger. Have him come out and complain about getting a huge reaction at the rumble and being sent back down by Hunter anyway. Joe got called up over him so there's a built in reason there.

There's nobody on the main roster that isn't either tied up or ruined already, Dillinger is majorly over, he's entertaining as hell, he's a quality worker.

Sink or swim.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Sanguinia posted:

Unless they want to elevate that midcard belt? The things been on exclusively main eventers for like 6 months. NOT doing for the belt would be an insult to it.

Give the US title to Goldberg and Lesnar then.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

If Seth is really out, I say go with Tye Dillinger. Have him come out and complain about getting a huge reaction at the rumble and being sent back down by Hunter anyway. Joe got called up over him so there's a built in reason there.

There's nobody on the main roster that isn't either tied up or ruined already, Dillinger is majorly over, he's entertaining as hell, he's a quality worker.

Sink or swim.

...poo poo, yes, this would work, especially if at the end he's like 'welp, I've not been signed to Raw, so I'm gonna to go Smackdown'

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

some guy on the bus posted:

Give the US title to Goldberg and Lesnar then.

Sure, Goldberg loves America and its a WCW title. Book it danno.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Where are the spoilers in this thread? This is just booking gripes

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Alain Post posted:

Literally the first chant was "you sold out" and both wrestlers were visibly pissed. They would hardly be the first wrestlers ever to not give a poo poo when getting a bad crowd response.
They should do their loving jobs properly and do their best anyway. No one wants to pay money to watch poo poo wrestling.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

It started with Goldberg beating Owens at FastLane and Brock/Goldberg being for the belt. It spiraling to this is just gripes everyone has with how Brock's been booked and how Owens has been booked in response to it, and also a small bit about how at least one of Brock/Goldberg leaving after Mania (and yes, Goldberg's leaving after Mania) was kinda why the last Mania match the two had went to poo poo in the first place

I don't know why it's so hard for them to go a year without loving up the Rumble or the Mania, but here we are 5 years in a row with them not able to pull it off

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

Well, we're waiting for the next NXT tapings, but okay, this is tonight's NXT:

quote:

* Ember Moon defeated Aliyah. Big pop for Ember. Hot crowd, okay match. Ember wins with the Eclipse for a big pop. After the match, Ember helps Aliyah up and gives her a handshake & hug

* WWE UK Champion Tyler Bate defeated Oney Lorcan. Nice reaction for Bate, good match. 10 chants break out as Tyler does the airplane spin to a big reaction. Nice spot where Oney nails a running uppercut, but Tyler bounces off the ropes and hits his wheel kick. Tyler gets the win with the Tyler Driver 97

* No Way Jose defeated Elias Samson. Massive heat for The Drifter. Elias starts to sing a song, but Jose's music cuts him off to a pop. Crowd really into Jose. Jose wins with the pop-up punch. Solid match.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The ending to Jericho/Owens storyline should be them remaining best friends forever and never breaking up

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

The ending to Jericho/Owens storyline should be them remaining best friends forever and never breaking up

And also kissing on the lips.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm sitting here, fingers steepled, quietly waiting to see if Nakamura shows up at these tapings at all.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave thinks Cena could propose after he and Nikki win her last match :3

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

VJeff posted:

I'm sitting here, fingers steepled, quietly waiting to see if Nakamura shows up at these tapings at all.

He's gonna get a Bobby roode rematch, NXT has been slavishly devoted to that, to a fault.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Sounds like Roode-Hero and some kind of AoP-DIY-Revival three way at Takeover

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Huh. Thought for sure Nakamura would get Hero if he didn't get a title rematch

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Huh. Thought for sure Nakamura would get Hero if he didn't get a title rematch

Maybe they pulled Nakamura to do Mania season then go back down? It says the next set of tapings isn't until April 5th...is there enough in these spoilers to go all the way to TakeOver Orlando?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Gorn Myson posted:

Besides, what kind of person turns up to his job on one of the most important events of his life and says "gently caress it, I'll put no effort in because the people watching me don't like me much right now".
Brock Lesnar

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
90 percent of WCW main eventers from 1997 onwards had that approach, and people actually did want to see them

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Gorn Myson posted:

They should do their loving jobs properly and do their best anyway. No one wants to pay money to watch poo poo wrestling.

Paying money for a product doesn't make you entitled to be an rear end in a top hat and still get the best possible product, especially when the people you're paying for have all the power in the world to tell you to gently caress off with no consequences.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Yes I'm sure what Nikki would want more than anything is to be kayfabe proposed to instead of actually being married.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Jiro posted:

Yes I'm sure what Nikki would want more than anything is to be kayfabe proposed to instead of actually being married.

*starts salivating, shaking and yelping uncontrollably with excitement at the prospect of getting to type "shoot proposal"*

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

IIRC from the Wrestlemania 20 match, Goldberg did his best but Brock was immediately shook.

Brock as we later learned is hilariously antisocial and doesn't really give a poo poo about the biz, which explains that bit.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
The Revival are still doing things in the NXT tapings. I was assuming they'd show up at the PPV Tag Turmoil match, but I guess the best tag team in the company is better suited building tag teams that don't need the help instead of coming up and helping a dying tag division on SD Live.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I kinda expect them to come up on the post-Mania SD like I expect Nakamura on the post-Mania Raw

If they don't show up that week then lol, they're stuck in NXT till Summerslam

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Paying money for a product doesn't make you entitled to be an rear end in a top hat and still get the best possible product, especially when the people you're paying for have all the power in the world to tell you to gently caress off with no consequences.
Your options are that Brock isn't that great a wrestler, or that hes unprofessional because he sleepwalked through a match because he didn't fancy it. He can be criticised for either one of those.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

Chris James 2 posted:

I kinda expect them to come up on the post-Mania SD like I expect Nakamura on the post-Mania Raw

If they don't show up that week then lol, they're stuck in NXT till Summerslam

I would want The Revival to get a big deal for their debut like post-Mania but at the same time, SD Live's tag division is poo poo, and they really need a shot in the arm right now. It's not their fault, I assume that Wyatts would still be holding the belts if it weren't for Zack getting injured, which made them fast track the Alpha program, but they still have an anemic division right now. Either bring them up ASAP or get a tag team to actually do something.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Gorn Myson posted:

Your options are that Brock isn't that great a wrestler, or that hes unprofessional because he sleepwalked through a match because he didn't fancy it. He can be criticised for either one of those.

Sure, call him unprofessional. Other unprofessional wrestlers include drat near every wrestler ever worth anything. Dusty, Flair, and Austin all have moments of being very unprofessional. Looking out for yourself at the expense of others, whether they be fans or fellow wrestlers, is just part of the business, and if you're leaving a company and the fans are making GBS threads on you for it, gently caress 'em, you don't owe them poo poo.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Feb 2, 2017

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Chris James 2 posted:

I hope he breaks up with her live on PPV after the match

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Jiro posted:

I uh, don't think it would be a kayfabe proposal is the idea

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Here are the NXT taping spoilers by the way

quote:

February 8th Episode:
* Alexander Wolfe and Killian Dain defeated The Bollywood Boyz. After the match, Nikki Cross calls NXT Women's Champion Asuka out while Eric Young cuts a promo on his Takeover win over Tye Dillinger. EY says Dillinger belongs to SAnitY now

* Liv Morgan defeated Billie Kay

* Tye Dillinger is backstage. He refuses to join SAnitY but gets attacked and beat around. They fight to the ring and Tye gets triple teamed until Roderick Strong and No Way Jose make the save

* Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder defeated Otis Dozovic and Tucker Knight. After the match, The Revival cuts a promo and challenges NXT Tag Team Champions The Authors of Pain for the "Takeover: Orlando" event. The Authors come out and The Revival leaves. Paul Ellering hypes them up but The Revival come back and attack them from behind

* NXT Champion Bobby Roode comes out for his glorious championship celebration. He says Shinsuke Nakamura dominated the world until he met Bobby Roode. It's no longer we are NXT, it's my NXT - Bobby Roode's NXT

* Eric Young, Killian Dain and Alexander Wolfe defeated Roderick Strong, No Way Jose and Tye Dillinger

February 15th Episode:

* NXT Tag Team Champions The Authors of Pain defeated enhancement talents

* Peyton Royce and Billie Kay defeated Liv Morgan and Ember Moon

* Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa come out to talk about losing the NXT Tag Team Titles. They want a rematch. Ellering comes out with the champs and announces that they will get the rematch in two weeks. The Revival attacks DIY with cheap shots

* WWE UK Champion Tyler Bate retained over Trent Seven

February 22nd Episode:

* Peyton Royce defeated Ember Moon and Liv Morgan in a Triple Threat to become the new #1 contender

* Pete Dunne defeated Mark Andrews

* NXT Champion Bobby Roode defeated No Way Jose after the match. Roode attacks Jose after the match but Kassius Ohno makes the save. They trade words and get ready to have a match but Roode hits him with a cheap shot. Ohno comes back and sends Roode retreating

March 1st Episode

* Patrick Clark defeated Sean Maluta

* Kassius Ohno comes back and calls Bobby Roode to the ring to finish what they started. Roode sneak attacks from the crowd

* NXT Women's Champion Asuka retained over Peyton Royce. Billie Kay joined in for the double team after the match but Ember Moon made the save. The segment ended with Asuka and Ember facing off in the middle of the ring while Asuka raised the title

* NXT Tag Team Champions The Authors of Pain retained over Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa by DQ when The Revival interfered

So, it's looking like the Takeover Orlando card is

Roode vs. Ohno
Asuka vs. Ember Moon
DIY vs. Authors of Pain vs. The Revival
Presumably a UK Championship match since they're featuring those guys on the show.

I'm glad to see Heavy Machinery are going to be on my TV soon, I hope it's a decent length. Strange booking in the women's division. They got everyone interested in an Asuka/Nikki match with the four way and now they've switched gears back to the match people wanted to see in the first place?

No Nakamura or Aleister Black so far. Maybe that match could be Nakamura's send off? Then Roddy vs. Eric Young to round off the card?

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Vaguido posted:

The Revival are still doing things in the NXT tapings. I was assuming they'd show up at the PPV Tag Turmoil match, but I guess the best tag team in the company is better suited building tag teams that don't need the help instead of coming up and helping a dying tag division on SD Live.

Tag scene just kind of stalled out with Ryder's injury and 3 women's storylines taking up a bunch of time. TBH, that division has AA / Usos / Breezango, which means they're in a really fuckin good spot. You could just have those 3 trade the belts for 6 months and as long as you gave them 15 minutes on a PPV I'd turn up everytime.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Baron Corbyn posted:

Here are the NXT taping spoilers by the way

So, it's looking like the Takeover Orlando card is

Roode vs. Ohno
Asuka vs. Ember Moon
DIY vs. Authors of Pain vs. The Revival
Presumably a UK Championship match since they're featuring those guys on the show.

I'm glad to see Heavy Machinery are going to be on my TV soon, I hope it's a decent length. Strange booking in the women's division. They got everyone interested in an Asuka/Nikki match with the four way and now they've switched gears back to the match people wanted to see in the first place?

No Nakamura or Aleister Black so far. Maybe that match could be Nakamura's send off? Then Roddy vs. Eric Young to round off the card?

I was hoping that Nikki Cross got a rematch. Give Sanity ALL the belts. Have them become the LIJ of NXT.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

If it's leaking on dirt sheets already then obviously Nikki knows about it. The Bellas are both really good actresses though so I bet she could pull off being surprised

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

If this means they've seen sense and they're going to have Nakamura run in on AJ when he wins the IC against Dean next week, then I'm all for it

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Venomous posted:

If this means they've seen sense and they're going to have Nakamura run in on AJ when he wins the IC against Dean next week, then I'm all for it

Nakamura is off the tapings to sell his knee almost getting ripped off in the title match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Disappointed they didn't go with Asuka/Nikki but at least we're finally getting to the Ember fireworks factory.