Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Just came back from the Invitational venue.

It's gonna be pretty dope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

Hard posted:

Just came back from the Invitational venue.

It's gonna be pretty dope.

Have your thing in Vegas next time like all good self respecting pro leagues gosh.

(I wanted to go but couldn't get my passport sorted in time....)

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

AbortRetryFail posted:

IMO There's no right for Blackbeard while his ability is to at some level negate upper body shots. Anything over useless will immediately move into "too strong". I think they made a big mistake putting him into the game, realised it, but don't know how to un-make him in a way that won't piss everyone off.

I think that he's in a good place right now - his shield allows him to win one peek contest before getting destroyed (and usually gets destroyed in the process), the movespeed penalty makes him vulnerable to roamers. His guns have nice damage so even if he can't use his gadget he can lay some damage (a lot more then I can say about other ops). A lot of good stuff for an attacker, and it's not like he's protected from explosions in any capacity, which the defenders get in bulk.

Maybe if he had a turnspeed penalty when his shield is up, but that's really the only thing that I can think of. Of course that there are places where Blackbeard is the best thing ever like Train Room on Cafe Dostoyevsky, cause you can peek through the window almost for free. But that's just cause some operators are good at some spots of the maps and others are good somewhere else. Attack any basement with him and boy does the guy have a hard time just walking through a doorway.

Flipswitch posted:

Do we know which of these is the attacker an defender? They look cool

Fiesta would be pretty stupid on attack, and in his trailer Jackal enters the building from outside, so I guess she's a defender and he's an attacker that counters roamers.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The recoil on his guns are so harsh they don't actually do any damage past the first shot.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

The recoil on his guns are so harsh they don't actually do any damage past the first shot.

I forget what I have on the scar, I think the compensator and I don't have any problem?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Just take off the shield sometimes, he's actually pretty useful at 2 speed with normal recoil

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I don't know if it's still like this but the scar was noticeably more accurate with the shield on and the sr25 was the opposite.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Basticle posted:

I don't know if it's still like this but the scar was noticeably more accurate with the shield on and the sr25 was the opposite.

That sounds right.

I was being hyperbolic but my experience the scar stops being effective at like 20 feet because you'll shoot over them. I'm getting better with it and do own people at shotgun range.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Basticle posted:

Really? I'll have to try this out tonight. I could have sworn that gun (SCAR) was a beast with the shield down

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

When would you say is the correct times to forego the reason you'd pick Blackbeard?

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
When you want to not be a huge fat slow piece of garbage.

Does he get speed 1 with the shield on or is he even slower?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Probably slower. It's pretty dumb. But I think his slow rear end ads movement is also proportionally quiet so I've counter ambushed roamers before.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Just ADS once and never let it go guys jeeesh.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

lohli posted:

When you want to not be a huge fat slow piece of garbage.

Does he get speed 1 with the shield on or is he even slower?

I believe he's actually slower.

Taking nerfed blackbeard is still viable as you'll post likely win most/all peek fights.

Yes he's a slow piece of poo poo with a shield that dies very fast, but you're also likely a piece of poo poo for taking him in the first place. (I'm looking at you Duggler and myself.)

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

IceOrb posted:

I believe he's actually slower.

Taking nerfed blackbeard is still viable as you'll post likely win most/all peek fights.

Yes he's a slow piece of poo poo with a shield that dies very fast, but you're also likely a piece of poo poo for taking him in the first place. (I'm looking at you Duggler and myself.)

I miss having a guaranteed win character for those overtime attacks :( I never took BB unless it was the most scummy of circumstances.

Ash is basically as good tho because she has the same bullet invulnerability

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Only if you see each other at the same time. The windshield makes it even harder to pick out out of place pixels.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Please fill, this is important.

https://strawpoll.com/5461cfz

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Hard posted:

ONE ANSWER?

Fix your poll, Hard.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Is this a list of confirmed bugs and you are voting to figure out which one you are gonna fix?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

IceOrb posted:

Is this a list of confirmed bugs and you are voting to figure out which one you are gonna fix?

Yeah, I couldn't tell if I was picking my favorite or which I wanted them to work on the most.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

The bugs are what gives Siege it's heart

Also my phone automatically capitalizes Siege now

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

Hard posted:

is the joke that you fixed all these bugs that are already in the game

or did you not fix all these bugs that are already in the game

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Kikas posted:

ONE ANSWER?

Fix your poll, Hard.

ah! expected that one!

For the rest of you no it's a regression roulette created by reddit. Found it funny because you know.. one or more of those will be true.

The Duggler posted:

Also my phone automatically capitalizes Siege now

I already like your phone more than a lot of posters itt.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Hard posted:

ah! expected that one!

For the rest of you no it's a regression roulette created by reddit. Found it funny because you know.. one or more of those will be true.

Randomly exploding and silent C4 would be amazing, can I put in a sepcial bug request?

Bonus points if it randomly explodes in operator pockets as well

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Guy in my group lost all his base operators and all the attachments and had to rebuy everything.

Hard, please fix.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I expect that glass glitch because that was a problem with the shields for a while

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Guy in my group lost all his base operators and all the attachments and had to rebuy everything.

Hard, please fix.

support ticket or relog or something, this shits saved backend (ubi serverside) . Sometimes the pipes are clogged.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Some character models.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Flipswitch posted:

Some character models.

His gun's even longer thank Hibana's. Also no CETME? For shame.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Look good!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I like Mira's armour, it looks cool. She's 3 armour, I guess.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

But when are you guys going to buff Tachanka?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
lol when those 1-way mirrors allow the enemy to see inside the objective

edit: in the first minute because come to think of it it'd be a cool late game way to camp the obj without sitting inside it

Thief fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Feb 3, 2017

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
Looking forward to seeing the end of Jackal's gun a full 30 seconds before the rest of him comes around the corner.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Lol good point. That's an interesting way to further push him towards chasing roamers.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Vatek posted:

Looking forward to seeing the end of Jackal's gun a full 30 seconds before the rest of him comes around the corner.

lmao i'm gonna use trap doors like Bugs Bunny when i know he's op4

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
https://www.twitch.tv/rainbow6 Oh hey the Invitational has started! And in the first match we're seeing a remake due to a "Hibana Bug".

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

This Hibana breaching from spawn is kinda nuts.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Is there a vod of the match I can watch? I can't find it on the twitch app

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

"The original Blitz... and I'm sure the fans are going to freak out about this... The original Blitz was an attacker that spawned during the prep phase."

HARD BUFF BLITZ.

• Locked thread