Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Len posted:

Only slightly related. Does anyone have a working link to the guy who posted the "Skyrim reference" in Bioshock Infinite that was less Skyrim and more historical.

I'm pretty sure this is the one you mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfEjdihKnYk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Andorra posted:

I'm pretty sure this is the one you mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfEjdihKnYk

Yep that exact one. I want to believe it's fake but apparently a lot of people honestly thought it was a Skyrim reference

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Got back from my business trip and did this finally.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

beato posted:

Good call.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Didn't see this when I made this.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Working on Outrun at the moment, almost finished actually, just need to figure out the cast. Looking for a funny/cool guy and hot blonde. Any suggestions?

Here's a little preview picture.

I'm thinking driving adventure comedy in the spirit of Cannonball Run, Smokey and The Bandit, Herbie, etc...

beato fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 31, 2017

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

beato posted:

Working on Outrun at the moment, almost finished actually, just need to figure out the cast. Looking for a funny/cool guy and hot blonde. Any suggestions?

I'm thinking driving adventure comedy in the spirit of Cannonball Run, Smokey and The Bandit, Herbie, etc...

It's a Testarossa, so Crockett & Tubbs should be at the top of the list

play this while you work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfgf9HatIHI

Shin00bie
Sep 11, 2011

beato posted:

I don't know poo poo about motorbikes, but Diablo is actually one of the bikes in the game right? Either way this is amazing.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

beato posted:

Did you add the nunchucks or were they a happy coincidence?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Yeah the Road Rash one is nicely done.

KawaiiAtomicBombs
Apr 15, 2016

~Ka-Boom~

beato posted:

e:

KawaiiAtomicBombs fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jan 31, 2017

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

beato posted:

If the film was made at the height of Outrun's success clearly it would be Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman. Actually I think he was still married to Mimi Rwhy do I remember who Tom Cruise was married to decades ago :(

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Filthy Hans posted:

Did you add the nunchucks or were they a happy coincidence?

I added the nunchucks since they were a great in-game weapon and I also added the facial scar which I made to give some backstory. I figured it would be set after the game some poo poo went down Natasha ended up scarred and Player One died, and now Natasha is avenging Player One's death or some poo poo since they seemed to be okay buddies in the game. The tagline is one of her pieces of advice to Player One.

Shin00bie posted:

Diablo is actually one of the bikes in the game right?
Yep, Diablo 1000 is one of the bikes from the game. You'll see a similar amount of details in my other stuff. The Saints Row one has tons if you click through to the full resolution version, like jacket linings and stuff.

beato fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Feb 1, 2017

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Dr. Quarex posted:

If the film was made at the height of Outrun's success clearly it would be Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman.

Finished the Out Run one on today's lunch. Thanks for the suggestion.

Source files if you're into that kinda thing

beato fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Feb 1, 2017

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

beato posted:

This is classy.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Hollywood whitewashing pure anime once again :rolleyes:

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

Instant blockbuster hit

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

beato posted:

Holy gently caress

Well you just made something that will probably circulate the Internet in perpetuity as a result, so congratulations.

"Sega's first foray into filmmaking ruins what should have been a can't-miss premise by filming the action exclusively from an inexplicable chase-camera angle."

KawaiiAtomicBombs
Apr 15, 2016

~Ka-Boom~

beato posted:

That's pretty drat nice

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

beato posted:

I really like how you put the source files in there, helps noobs like me see how good shops are made

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I'd probably be shaken after watching it.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Flavor Truck posted:

Custer's Revenge

Doing this one tomorrow. Can maybe squeeze one more in before Friday if anyone has some ideas.

KawaiiAtomicBombs
Apr 15, 2016

~Ka-Boom~

beato posted:

Doing this one tomorrow. Can maybe squeeze one more in before Friday if anyone has some ideas.

F-Zero

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

beato posted:

Supreme Commander

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

beato posted:

Dune 2000.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!

ryu is sonny chiba in my headcanon

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
FTL
A rookie crewman on a Federation ship learns to always target the weapons room first. Starring Shia Lebouf

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

RFC2324 posted:

Supreme Commander

Total Annihilation. <:mad:>

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

beato posted:

Blaster Master

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Len posted:

Yep that exact one. I want to believe it's fake but apparently a lot of people honestly thought it was a Skyrim reference

probably because like me (who had to look it up) anyone not american will have a hard time knowing the historic significance of Wounded Knee

kudos to the Outrun shop though, that's awesome!

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

last one from me

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiBER4iVwCw

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Datasmurf posted:

YES! I'd watch the hell out of this.

Also, since I suck at photoshop …

Commander Keen 4: Secret of the Oracle and the rest of the series, especially because the game titles already are such good movie names. Like "Commander Keen in Aliens Ate My Babysitter". Hollywood needs Dopefish.

I'd also watch the hell out of a movie based on Cosmo's Cosmic Adventures, complete with the great music, and a movie based on The Neverhood, made with that type of animation.

You're my kind of gamer! All great choices!

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

This is beautiful and I would hang this on my wall with pride and you're beautiful.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Took me a while, but it was worth the effort:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Ok here's the straight to video release of Custer's Revenge.

It's a double feature. Check for clues :ssh:

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

ring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Hot Coffee Mod, duh!

• Locked thread