Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Nephzinho posted:

So now that its out there a bit, how much does real money help? Is there a TON of RNG in the character stats that we're going to curse about? Why won't the iTunes store updateeeeeeeee?!

I got my first empty level up a while back, so yeah, there's going to be some RNG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Im not digging all these humble brags

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is this like FFBE where 3 stars can eventually evolve into 4 then 5 stars, and the only difference is that 5 stars just give you a head start?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Is this like FFBE where 3 stars can eventually evolve into 4 then 5 stars, and the only difference is that 5 stars just give you a head start?

Yeah, I guess what I'm asking is if there are any traps that you shouldn't invest resources in.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Yes

Tired Moritz posted:

Im not digging all these humble brags

It's day 1 rerolling on a gacha game, it's going to happen

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
Has anyone figured out the secret key to playing this game with English text and Japanese voices, yet?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Quixzlizx posted:

Has anyone figured out the secret key to playing this game with English text and Japanese voices, yet?

It's a phone game, just play it on mute like I imagine a lot of people would by default if the occasional voice clip bothers you that much.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!

From the looks of it, yeah, everything can eventually evolve into 5*.

Buuuuuut, there are 5* bases that only drop at that rank like in FFBE.
Still waiting on Canadian launch, but I'll probably reroll for a 5*

SereneCrimson fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Feb 4, 2017

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

SereneCrimson posted:

From the looks of it, yeah, everything can eventually evolve into 5*.

Buuuuuut, there are 5* bases that only drop at that rank like in FFBE.
Still waiting on Canadian launch, but I'll probably reroll until I get a 5* Lyn, Lucina or Hinoka.

How complicated is rerolling -- do you need to make a new account every time or do you just delete account and recreate? Remembering login info for a fake account is a tall order.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Account Management -> Delete All Data

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah can somebody please identify a breezy emulator and how to get the game and reroll so I can try a few between things at work

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Terper posted:

Account Management -> Delete All Data

Awesome. And start up to free roll is 5 minutes? 10?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I have no five star fire emblems :(

My four-star Fir and Raven are murder machines though so its ok

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014
Quick method of rerolling I'm using.

1. Download Nox
2. Download apk file
3. Install Nox and add apk file to Nox (turn on root mode in settings)
4. Do tutorial, get 2 bonus owl orbs, do next 3 missions
5. Summon
6. If not satisfied exit out and go to File Explorer and then go to data->data->com.nintendo.zaba->shared_prefs and then delete the deviceAccount.xml file. (hole the file to delete it)

That way you don't have to redownload the patch either.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

just started chapter 7 of the story. threw $40 at the game because that's how much Google Money Stuff I got for my birthday a few weeks ago and what else am I gonna use it on? so between the cash and the free orbs and the story orbs so far, this is where I'm at:

pretty satisfied with things overall, probably going to save stones up for the first special event now unless I get The Urge To Splurge

also very convinced Ryoma with Raijinto is OP as hell. just throw him into danger with a defense buff and let all the enemies suicide onto him, heal him up, and do it again. the only problem is he ends up being an XP hog.

nobody else i've gotten so far has felt broken like that. Lyn is really strong, as is Corrin, but Ryoma just feels super busted. lots of fun

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014
Pulled 5* Lyn, 4* Matthew, 4* Virion. Not sure if I should save this and keep rerolling or just go with this. hmmm

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Kelp Plankton posted:

also very convinced Ryoma with Raijinto is OP as hell. just throw him into danger with a defense buff and let all the enemies suicide onto him, heal him up, and do it again. the only problem is he ends up being an XP hog.
So nothing's changed since Fates then. Speaking of some things that never change:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Jugdral characters aren't in the game at all yet, are they. :smith:

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
I think you lose dupes power up if you star up the hero.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
I know nothing about this game or this series, other than suddenly seeing that it was supposed to be release today on iOS. Is there a good primer somewhere where I can read about the game to see if I want to try it?

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

AlphaKretin posted:

Jugdral characters aren't in the game at all yet, are they. :smith:

Nobody from Jugdral, Magvel, or Tellius.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

First pull, all 3 stars. Normally I don't bother rerolling in games like this, but that I think deserves it. As I'm just playing on my phone at work, I think I have to delete the client and redownload. Didn't seem to be any way of wiping the save game in client.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So typically iOS is poo poo for re-rolling. I'm going to assume that would be the same for this game as well.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

UchihaHirou posted:

I know nothing about this game or this series, other than suddenly seeing that it was supposed to be release today on iOS. Is there a good primer somewhere where I can read about the game to see if I want to try it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq1Xzycyp2E&t=520s

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

are the oc dudes they give you worth ranking up? I notice a lot of units don't have purple skills.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Is this out in America yet?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

DrManiac posted:

are the oc dudes they give you worth ranking up? I notice a lot of units don't have purple skills.

I dunno about their stats but you can get skills for units, that's what SP is for.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
https://support.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-GB/character_lists/Summon_00_first_A
https://support.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-GB/character_lists/Summon_00_first_B

Complete character lists for both banners

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

So typically iOS is poo poo for re-rolling. I'm going to assume that would be the same for this game as well.
I deleted the app from my iPhone and was able to reroll.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Retcon posted:

So is there no account system? Shouldn't there be something else that gets your account data beyond whats local on the device?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

DrManiac posted:

idk but Sharina's kinda busted.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

DrManiac posted:

Their skillsets actually look pretty solid but it'd take a lot of work to get them to 4/5* right now. I can see them being a good choice to level second after your A team.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Retcon posted:

Excellent.

My body is ready for this dumb phone game.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Nephzinho posted:

So is there no account system? Shouldn't there be something else that gets your account data beyond whats local on the device?

There is an account system.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Nephzinho posted:

That's why you can link your Nintendo account, but from what I've seen you can reroll until you do that.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Cool, good to know to hold orbs from day 1.

Retcon posted:

That's why you can link your Nintendo account, but from what I've seen you can reroll until you do that.

Cool, will probably spend some time rerolling whenever this hits the american store before syncing with NNID then.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

e: will teach me to f5

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Wait wait.

If I linked this poo poo to my Nintendo account can I still reroll? Because goddamn my first try was garbage, I got Gunther and Setsuna.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014
Anyone getting a communications error right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Wait wait.

If I linked this poo poo to my Nintendo account can I still reroll? Because goddamn my first try was garbage, I got Gunther and Setsuna.

Gunther is actually good and strong.