Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Luna Was Here posted:

Google is turning up old steam forum answers for this so I thought I'd ask here and see if anythings changed: can you sell property at all? I bought the max amount of apartments when hacker money was big and there was nothing else to spend money on and now thats money that could be stupid looking cars instead

no you cannot sell property in GTA online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

coupedeville posted:

no you cannot sell property in GTA online

lame. rest in piss hackerbux, you are missed

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Buy the cheapest garages to replace the apartments, you get half the money back minus the cost.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Luna Was Here posted:

lame. rest in piss hackerbux, you are missed

hacker money has been back for a while, go hogge wilde.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Jose Mengelez posted:

hacker money has been back for a while, go hogge wilde.

I thought they were hard banning people now? Or is it only if you get reported, and if you do it in a solo sesh you're fine?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
They rely 100% on reports for solicitations and a vast majority of other bannables. There are some auto-bannable devices but if you don't actively hack you've got nothing to worry about.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Zigmidge posted:

They rely 100% on reports for solicitations and a vast majority of other bannables. There are some auto-bannable devices but if you don't actively hack you've got nothing to worry about.

what counts as actively hacking? stuff like warping around, god mode, infinite ammo I imagine but does it also count dropping a mil or two on my head? I'd rather not get banned a second time since afaik Im on second offense territory

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
It means having a hack and Doing Stuff with it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

If you have to ask what counts as hacking, you're probably doing it and should be very afraid.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Luna Was Here posted:

I thought they were hard banning people now? Or is it only if you get reported, and if you do it in a solo sesh you're fine?

stat editing and cash bag drops are mostly detected now, doesn't matter if its a solo session or not.

Luna Was Here posted:

what counts as actively hacking? stuff like warping around, god mode, infinite ammo I imagine but does it also count dropping a mil or two on my head? I'd rather not get banned a second time since afaik Im on second offense territory

that's the poo poo that will get you reported by other players in public sessions. a certain amount of reports in a short period will get your account flagged, what happens next is a mystery but it often ends in suspended/perma'd accounts.

there's a third way, for those who are sick of grinding but don't want to risk their account and this is by far the safest method around (a lot of people will be angry with me for sharing it publicly but here goes;) so you'll want to find the directory where you installed GTAV first and open it. find a file called "common.rpf" and make a backup copy of it. now uninstall GTAV (making sure to keep common.rpf safe) then open common.rpf with a text editor and change every line to "I will not reinstall this lovely game" then say 4 hail marys and delete it also. maybe play that overwatch crap the kids are going nuts for instead? they seem to be enjoying themselves.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

SplitSoul posted:

Buy the cheapest garages to replace the apartments, you get half the money back minus the cost.

I did this last night to buy A Little Place In The Country.

...if that's an accrurate descriptor for the Route 68 Extension garage purchased for overflow cars and my bike. Got it for $12,000ish with the trade. Kuruma gets to come back to Richards Majestic now, too. Just have to figure out which car goes to the desert in its place.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I get people reporting me all the time.

whenever someone asks for money in the chat, go into the inventory menu > cash > share cash from last job if you have anything in there to share, and give them 5%. Chances are they'll ask you how you sent money, and you tell him it's magic. That sets them and pretty much everybody else in there into a frenzy with others begging for money or threatening to report you for handing it out.

If you rob a store for $1100, you can send 5% which is $55 and most people just say "thanks for the money" instead of mentioning you only gave them $55.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Jose Mengelez posted:

stat editing and cash bag drops are mostly detected now, doesn't matter if its a solo session or not.

that's the poo poo that will get you reported by other players in public sessions. a certain amount of reports in a short period will get your account flagged, what happens next is a mystery but it often ends in suspended/perma'd accounts.

there's a third way, for those who are sick of grinding but don't want to risk their account and this is by far the safest method around (a lot of people will be angry with me for sharing it publicly but here goes;) so you'll want to find the directory where you installed GTAV first and open it. find a file called "common.rpf" and make a backup copy of it. now uninstall GTAV (making sure to keep common.rpf safe) then open common.rpf with a text editor and change every line to "I will not reinstall this lovely game" then say 4 hail marys and delete it also. maybe play that overwatch crap the kids are going nuts for instead? they seem to be enjoying themselves.

Pssht, Jose, come on now. All of us are getting into Spintires these days you silly nerd.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Spawning money bags, selling or saving spawned cars in your garage, editing stats and doing anything that'd get you reported to hell and back by the entire session (god mode, invisibility, teleporting, explosive bullets, one-hit kill, etc.) are all big no-nos.

T1g4h posted:

Pssht, Jose, come on now. All of us are getting into Spintires these days you silly nerd.

I was into Spintires before Spintires was cool. :smugjones:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
It's a marvel they haven't just deleted the money bag items themselves. Can't spawn what isn't there.

Nathyrra
Oct 22, 2008

Unwisely, Santa offered a teddy bear to James, unaware that he had been mauled by a grizzly earlier that year.
So I got this the other day, downloaded it and updated it etc so it was ready to play when I wanted to, but I haven't actually launched it. Early this morning I got an email from Rockstar saying that my account was suspended with a list of common reasons, but not one specific to me. Considering my playtime is exactly 0 seconds I find it hard to believe that I've done something to warrant that. I've tweeted their customer support and direct messaged them but no answer. I wouldn't mind as it's been just less than a day, but they've been getting back to everyone else within 10-20 minutes of their tweets so I feel like they're ignoring me because all bans and suspensions are final according to their email.

Has anyone got any experience with anything similar to this, or know of another way to get in touch with them like a live chat? I did submit a ticket through their website but it was auto-closed due to being a suspension related topic. It just seems really lovely that they apparently have a second infraction and you're perma-banned rule, and I've lost my first without even playing the drat game. I haven't modded it either, it's a completely clean installation. Even if I had of though I'm sure I would have needed to run it for them to pick it up. This is just so ridiculous to me.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

They knew you were going to cheat and preemptively banned you.

Can you refund the purchase through steam and just buy a new cdkey or something?

Nathyrra
Oct 22, 2008

Unwisely, Santa offered a teddy bear to James, unaware that he had been mauled by a grizzly earlier that year.
Me cheat? No. Eventually reskin everyone to look like Spongebob? Maybe.

It was through GMG, which I didn't realise at the time gave me a Rockstar code instead of a Steam code. Didn't catch that bit on the product page. I'm thinking they'll just refer me back to Rockstar support rather than offering any help themselves.

Oh and if it makes any difference, I did originally play GTA V on console. It ported over some of my single player stats to the social club thing, but I never touched online play then. So as playtime remains at 0 seconds, all my stats are at 0 for online etc. I don't think that should have any effect.

Nathyrra fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Feb 4, 2017

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Nathyrra posted:

Me cheat? No. Eventually reskin everyone to look like Spongebob? Maybe.

It was through GMG, which I didn't realise at the time gave me a Rockstar code instead of a Steam code. Didn't catch that bit on the product page. I'm thinking they'll just refer me back to Rockstar support rather than offering any help themselves.

Oh and if it makes any difference, I did originally play GTA V on console. It ported over some of my single player stats to the social club thing, but I never touched online play then. So as playtime remains at 0 seconds, all my stats are at 0 for online etc. I don't think that should have any effect.

Did you happen to have billions of funbux from the glory days of GTA Online on 360 / PS3?

Nathyrra
Oct 22, 2008

Nope, never touched the online play when I had it on PS3!

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
There are certain programs that you can have installed on your PC that Rockstar will auto-detect as cheating even if it's not directly related to the game. poo poo like programs that mess with your RAM or whatever.

Who knows. I feel safer playing on PS4.

Nathyrra
Oct 22, 2008

Yeah I had a thought it might be that, but as I have no clue which ones it would be I don't know how to fix it and so will likely just get a perma ban if that's the case!

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Broughy's new quickest* supercar video came out yesterday

https://youtu.be/P0wpd06NaPQ

my Nero Custom purchase is vindicated

*best test track lap times

best top speed videos go here but the 2017 supercar one isn't up yet

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Hugh Malone posted:

I wonder if that's the same Broughy who was in MWO earlier today spamming "poo poo gently caress friend of the family oval office gently caress YOU gently caress poo poo" and other choice Tourettes outbursts. It's the first time I've worn a :stare: face while playing that game.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Feb 4, 2017

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
If he wasn't saying the same thing six times over and asking you to subscribe, it probably wasn't the same broughy

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Shoulda kept the FMJ.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
Rockstar just gave me 100k for launching the game and a further 250k for connecting to a session. noice.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

Hugh Malone posted:

Oh good, it's nice that the Tempesta is way up there. That's the one I'm saving up for since I liked the look of it.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Jose Mengelez posted:

Rockstar just gave me 100k for launching the game and a further 250k for connecting to a session. noice.

Did you subscribe to their email newsletter they were pushing on social club a while back?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Gotta say I'm digging my new daily driver. Sabre custom rules. RAD FLAMES for my cycle and car.

I can hardly think of something more American.

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Feb 5, 2017

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Your dude is dressed almost exactly like mine minus the eagle mask

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Nathyrra posted:

Screenshot the email and stats, tweet it at Rockstar for all to see.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
https://gfycat.com/ImpureGratefulAmazontreeboa.mp4

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Just came across Puppy Bowl and there are surprising parallels between it and NATO Rules Football. Lots of chaos and confusion and then one person somehow runs the briefcase to the end zone.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Sry that was a lil big.

https://gfycat.com/ImpressiveKlutzyAfricanharrierhawk.mp4

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Any thoughts on this new strategy for Pac Stan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWNsQWGagcI

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Domestic Amuse posted:

Any thoughts on this new strategy for Pac Stan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWNsQWGagcI

More trouble than its worth unless you're terrible on a bike.

e: & I mean dogshit terrible on a bike.

Pro-rear end bike strat:
Have the hacker take the money & stay in the bank, since for whatever reason the hacker doesn't have to "Exit the bank". One or multiple people run to bikes & suicide. You'll restart at the bikes, have the hacker go first & make sure you/they take a right out of the parking lot & then a left to go the intended route. Everyone must take their own bike, if one person gets on with another rider the whole "cops don't shoot" thing goes right out the window. Make sure the hacker stays out in front & try to keep a safe distance as a group. Most importantly nobody should be shooting, aiming at or really even thinking about killing cops until you get to the tunnel. Everyone meet up on the hill before the tunnel & take out the cops. Make your way up to the cliff & parachute off. If you're carrying the money either try to land very carefully on land, or land in the water. Either way, slow down in the air when you get close to the ground.

YET ANOTHER FAG fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Feb 6, 2017

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

I mean it looks like an interesting thing to do if you've got a competent crew that feels like doing something different, but its hardly as foolproof a strategy as the Kuruma was for dragging pugs to victory.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Mondian posted:

I mean it looks like an interesting thing to do if you've got a competent crew that feels like doing something different, but its hardly as foolproof a strategy as the Kuruma was for dragging pugs to victory.

I've done pac a few times now where the host wanted to get the helicopter, so far the success rate is 0%. Take that as you will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

If you really need an armored cocoon to escape, just murder the hostages and steal a NOOSE truck.

• Locked thread