Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

betterinsodapop posted:

The app doesn't support Amazon video, which I do use occasionally. I have also heard that using the tablet is a hassle. Roku is just so drat easy and intuitive, so it made sense to me.

Can't you just control the TV with your phone? My 2015 D-series Vizio supports Google Cast pretty well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3
Alright then, feeling better about that Roku pick up. Just gonna use the regular remote (non tablet) that it comes with.

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

Lawen posted:

This guy knows whats up. Bulleit bourbon is good, the rye is drat good. Makes a killer old fashioned too, just add a bit more sugar if you need it. Or do a horse's neck: rye, ginger beer, dash of bitters, lemon peel.

I've tried the rye but not the bourbon yet. Should I just for the hell of it? I still daydream about how good the rye is so idk.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Turkey Farts posted:

I've tried the rye but not the bourbon yet. Should I just for the hell of it? I still daydream about how good the rye is so idk.

The bourbon is sweeter and maybe a bit smoother, the rye has more cedar and pepper flavors. They're both really good for the price, just a matter of how much you like sweetness.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

It's more solid than you'd think, I'd guess around 3 lbs? Maybe 4? Back has a little coin thing that says handmade, and hanging hook

I'm still surprised it's handmade and shipped from Greece for that price

I love this, but the seller now only has free standing statues and I really like the style of yours. What would you call it? A plaque? Bas-relief?

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Lawen posted:

This guy knows whats up. Bulleit bourbon is good, the rye is drat good. Makes a killer old fashioned too, just add a bit more sugar if you need it. Or do a horse's neck: rye, ginger beer, dash of bitters, lemon peel.

How have I never heard of that cocktail. That sounds amazing. Will be trying that this weekend.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Aramek posted:

Zima was good, and I miss it.

You can still git this FYI..... In Japan that is. Had some 2 months ago. It was a flashback of nostalgia and bad life choices. If you really really want it you can make firends in the beer community and trade for it.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

colas posted:

because whatever the hell nowadays

Woof Blitzer posted:

You have to be 18 to post here.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Are you in college

Josh Lyman posted:

You might as well have bought Smirnoff Ice.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

sterster posted:

You can still git this FYI..... In Japan that is. Had some 2 months ago. It was a flashback of nostalgia and bad life choices. If you really really want it you can make firends in the beer community and trade for it.

If I ever go to Japan, I'm gonna eat all their food, drink all their Zima, and Godzilla all their buildings.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
Stay classy Purchases thread, and keep shaming goons for buying liquid candy with some alcohol added.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Yeah I haven't heard anyone try to shame others for their choice of beverage since my college days, ironically enough

My friend's juvenile girlfriend is always talking about her taste in whiskey, how she is so not like the other girls, etc. She is universally hated for being such a try hard but she is still a kid I guess and pays my friend's bills so I personally bite my tongue. Better that she pick up his tab rather than us.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

KingSlime posted:

My friend's juvenile girlfriend

she is still a kid I guess and pays my friend's bills

You need better friends.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

betterinsodapop posted:

The app doesn't support Amazon video, which I do use occasionally. I have also heard that using the tablet is a hassle. Roku is just so drat easy and intuitive, so it made sense to me.

Ugh that's some garbage, especially when my older Vizio has the Amazon Video app built-in. Sounds like they're moving in the wrong direction, thanks for the info.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Roku is like TiVo. It's sort of hard to explain why it's so much better than everything else on the market until you play with one. Everything is exactly how you think it should be, not the way a committee at PanaSonySungZio settled on or worse, Google UI engineers designed.

I've had a TiVo since 2005 and other DVRs I have used just never compare. Now they integrate the various streaming providers right into your list of shows. It is magic.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3
Absolutely. I've used Google, Chromecast, Sony, XBox, all kinds of stupid streaming devices, and nothing comes close to Roku. It's just so easy and intuitive.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

1redflag posted:

You need better friends.

Meh he's a cool dude. She's 21, not really a juvenile!

I'm getting 6 lbs of boiled crawfish after work!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

kreyla posted:

I love this, but the seller now only has free standing statues and I really like the style of yours. What would you call it? A plaque? Bas-relief?

quote:

Daedalus constructs Icarus wings Relief Wall Decor Plaque Sculpture Stone 9.8in x 7.8in

Item description on order. Try shooting them a message and see what they say--i'm sure they have or can make more

colas
Feb 14, 2007

KingSlime posted:

Do you eat them with any butter or dip or just straight up?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

KingSlime posted:

Meh he's a cool dude. She's 21, not really a juvenile!

Suck on those heads for me

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"

davebo posted:

Ugh that's some garbage, especially when my older Vizio has the Amazon Video app built-in. Sounds like they're moving in the wrong direction, thanks for the info.

In fairness, it's not a Vizio decision. Amazon removed their app from any devices that have chromecast built in as an "f u" to google.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Josh Lyman posted:

Smdh how do you not go with the rye?

I don't know why that never occurred to me, I will be sure to try that next time! For the last few months I've been on a whiskey spree to sample everything I can get my hands on to find my favorite, including some pricey local stuff like Oyo, but I finally settled back around on Bulliet as my all around favorite.

The great irony is that, from reading on the different flavor compositions, I'm fairly certain the extra rye is why I enjoy Bulliet above the rest.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

colas posted:

The gently caress?!?!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

colas posted:

Tartar sauce, obviously.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Man, as a bartender like one in three people who order a drink with Bulleit Rye immediately turn to their friends and go "have you heard of Bulleit Rye? It's so good, it's all I drink." and then I ask if they've tried some of our other more interesting rye whiskies and am met with a blank expression and no interest in trying, say, the Catoctin Creek that was aged in maple syrup barrels. Bulleit Rye is the whiskey of those who have developed a palate well enough to lord it over others, yet do not have the curiosity to explore farther. Rittenhouse is the superior rye.

Today I bought a new curtain and some limes that I just juiced and made a lime collins with. It's nice.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Was a big fan of anchor distillery rye when I didn't have to pay for it. We only had like two ryes though.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

poop dood posted:

Man, as a bartender like one in three people who order a drink with Bulleit Rye immediately turn to their friends and go "have you heard of Bulleit Rye? It's so good, it's all I drink." and then I ask if they've tried some of our other more interesting rye whiskies and am met with a blank expression and no interest in trying, say, the Catoctin Creek that was aged in maple syrup barrels. Bulleit Rye is the whiskey of those who have developed a palate well enough to lord it over others, yet do not have the curiosity to explore farther. Rittenhouse is the superior rye.

Today I bought a new curtain and some limes that I just juiced and made a lime collins with. It's nice.

:goonsay:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I drink nothing but rag squeezings and toilet water.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
You haven't lived until you've had a "Bar Shot", where they just pour the overflow mat into a glass.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Inzombiac posted:

I drink nothing but rag squeezings and toilet water.

We called those "buffalo shots" and we gave them out for free. Just pour the slop from the rubber mat into a shot glass and here's your free drink you wino.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Why? I mean why bother? There's no way you actually want people coming to your bar to drink for free, what happens when word gets out to the greater wino community that there's free booze to be had at your place?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

VendaGoat posted:

You haven't lived until you've had a "Bar Shot", where they just pour the overflow mat into a glass.

I only tried to get that when I was freshly 21 and a little dumber than I am now.
Only one place would do it but their whole attitude was, "none of us care if this place gets condemned".

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

I only tried to get that when I was freshly 21 and a little dumber than I am now.
Only one place would do it but their whole attitude was, "none of us care if this place gets condemned".

This is the exact same life experience I have had as well.

Never actually had one, just learned about it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

VendaGoat posted:

This is the exact same life experience I have had as well.

Never actually had one, just learned about it.

We are the same, you and I.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Crawfish update:

I had them seasoned from a louisana style kitchen, no dipping requred (though I kinda wish I had some butter with them now)

They were delicious, and yes I suck on that head and am overall pretty thorough. Some friends stuck to just the tail..what a waste.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

VendaGoat posted:

Just do laybacks

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
If you have the desire to dip your crawfish in butter, then they aren't seasoned well.
If you really need butter, put some on the boil potatoes or corn

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Lobsters are good with butter thus little lobsters must be good with little butter.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

VendaGoat posted:

I've only ever heard that referred to as a Jersey Turnpike.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

poop dood posted:

I've only ever heard that referred to as a Jersey Turnpike.

Only heard of it as a trainwreck, but I guess that's synonymous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Inspector 34 posted:

Why? I mean why bother? There's no way you actually want people coming to your bar to drink for free, what happens when word gets out to the greater wino community that there's free booze to be had at your place?

It was for drunk idiot college kids on their birthdays trying to be tough. It was no worse than a cement mixer.