Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm still annoyed at Skids' plot hook at the end of the Tyrest arc being tossed away like a PC that made a bad roll against an unforgiving GM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Hey, remember a while back I asked you to fill in a survey? I finally got around to sorting the answers!

So, I present the 2016 Emirate Xaaron Awards! AKA The Emmies!

Best Legends Class... Shockwave!

Best Deluxe Class... Triggerhappy!

Best Voyager Class... Skylynx!

Best Leader Class... turned out to be a tie between Blaster and Sixshot!

Best Masterpiece... Inferno!

Best 'Other' thing AKA I forgot RID exists.. RID Bisk!

Best Third Party Toy... Maketoys Despotron!

And now... the Worst Transformer of 2016 with waaaaay more votes than anyone else... Stripes!

Overall Best Transformer of 2016... another tie! Bisk and Triggerhappy!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

gently caress you Stripes sometimes I forget I own you and then I remember and I get angry again about what a piece of poo poo you are.

You're never getting out of Blaster's chest.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Can't see anywhere in the UK selling the Bisk toy, and all the oversees sellers need as much again for shipping as for the toy.

I keep hearing good things about it too! Anyone got any leads on where I can get Bisk for less than the £30 it'd take to get it from the states?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

mehall posted:

Can't see anywhere in the UK selling the Bisk toy, and all the oversees sellers need as much again for shipping as for the toy.

I keep hearing good things about it too! Anyone got any leads on where I can get Bisk for less than the £30 it'd take to get it from the states?

Just pay what it's worth, i.e. a fat bucket of money.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I would love to get Bisk Sixshot and Triggerhappy but have seen none of them anywhere in the US so far.

Heckie Holmes
Jul 31, 2008

Bisk reminds me of Scrounge from the Marvel comic. And I realize by saying that, my age is showing...

Just out of curiosity sake, have they made or plan to make any figures of the Decepticon Justice Division?

In the meantime, I still have plenty of other Transformers for sale if anyone is interested. Updated my list and everything.

ARMADA
Thundercracker ----------$30
Megatron--------------------$20
Galvatron--------------------$40
Starscream ----------------$20
Wheeljack ------------------$15
Demolishor-----------------$10 DrRockso20
Cyclonus---------------------$10 DrRockso20
Blurr----------------------------$10
Thrust-------------------------$10
Scavenger-------------------$20
Smokescreen--------------$10
Skywarp----------------------$30
Sideways---------------------$15
Hoist----------------------------$10
Hot Shot----------------------$10
Optimus Prime (Small)--$15
Sideswipe-------------------$10
Red Alert---------------------$15

ENERGON
Mirage (Japanese Version)--------$20
Ironhide-----------------------$15
Slugslinger-------------------$10 DrRockso20
Divebomb-----------------------$5 DrRockso20
Ravage---------------------------$5 DrRockso20
Arcee------------------------------$5 DrRockso20
Landmine---------------------$30 DrRockso20 (Maybe)

CYBERTRON
Galvatron-----------------------$30
Scourge-------------------------$25 DrRockso20 (Maybe)
Soundwave--------------------$15 DrRockso20 (Maybe)
SkyShadow--------------------$15 DrRockso20 (maybe)
Excellion------------------------$20

ROBOTS IN DISGUISE
Megatron------------------------$30 DrRockso20
Optimus Prime----------------$30
Ultra Magnus------------------$30
Dreadwind and Smokjumper---$35 DrRockso20
Bruticus--------------------------$5 DrRockso20
Megatron Megabolt------ $35

Classics Voyager Optimus Prime------------$35
Classics Hot Rod (NOT the G1 version)---$30
Cryotek---------------------------$40

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't think they're going to make official figures for the Torture And Murder Squad who are already dead anyways, no

Heckie Holmes
Jul 31, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

I don't think they're going to make official figures for the Torture And Murder Squad who are already dead anyways, no

Heh, shows how behind I am. Ahh well. They look like they'd make cool figures.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
They would, but Guy Who Literally Transforms Into An Electric Chair probably wouldn't sit well with most people probably.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Captain Invictus posted:

They would, but Guy Who Literally Transforms Into An Electric Chair probably wouldn't sit well with most people probably.

Well I mean, they wouldn't sit well in him for long...

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I saw some new 3rd party is doing leader class movie megatrons for both his ROTF and DOTM design. I never liked the ROTF one too much but truckatron was an interesting design. Apparently the guy who lends his designs to weijiang also finished his own redesign of that figure, too.

Heckie Holmes
Jul 31, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm imagining the old 80s commercials advertising the DJD, and I'm just giggling.

"Kaon transforms from robot to electric chair!"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

I saw some new 3rd party is doing leader class movie megatrons for both his ROTF and DOTM design. I never liked the ROTF one too much but truckatron was an interesting design. Apparently the guy who lends his designs to weijiang also finished his own redesign of that figure, too.

That would be Black Apple. His DOTM Megatron is being prepped for mass production. Honestly the other guy's Megatrons look better.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Heckie Holmes posted:

I'm imagining the old 80s commercials advertising the DJD, and I'm just giggling.

Just give it a suitably kiddish name. "In 5 easy steps the decepticons can unleash the devastating power of the Thunder Throne!" :v:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Heckie Holmes posted:

No no, he only transforms into what looks like an electric chair to the untrained eye. Flip him over and you realize he's actually a...um...command post! Yeah, that's it.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Don't read BSS too often so IDK how the thread feels about hobby thread type posts, but I've been taking a break from models to line the Titans Return Astrotrain and man, this thing has an obscene amount of lining (this is a good thing):

Only read one review of it which was pretty meh about the figure because of G1 accuracy reasons, but as someone with no TF nostalgia I think its pretty cool that all three of uts modes look convincing (past TF experience with triformers has been "meh robot, ok vehicle, lmao command station"). My only complaints is that it has no swivel ankles and the train fronts (which look way better than the shuttle nose for the feet IMO) don't rotate far enough to have him standing upright with them.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

This is a 70% toy discussion, 20% comic discussion, 10% movie discuss thread.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Spiderdrake posted:

This is a 70% toy discussion, 20% comic discussion, 10% movie discuss thread.

'Kay, just wanted to say that just in case.

Also I've seen some reviewers down on the Titans Return headformers gimmick in general, but I think its pretty nifty; it gives you an added figure where would normally be a an obscured head 50% of the time, it doesn't look out of place, and it frees up some more transforming space that would need to be used hiding the head.

My only real complaint is that they didnt bother separating the legs.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
There are no real complaints about titan masters here, but there's also generally realistic expectations for the hasbro line. There's already the third party scene (which has several more g1 astrotrains) and Takara for g1 representations.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Neurolimal posted:

My only real complaint is that they didnt bother separating the legs.

Separate legs means an extra mould and extra pins for every single titan master, which means more assembly workers and materials, and more money, and then suddenly every size class is $3 more so you could have two legs instead of one super leg.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

SpazmasterX posted:

Separate legs means an extra mould and extra pins for every single titan master, which means more assembly workers and materials, and more money, and then suddenly every size class is $3 more so you could have two legs instead of one super leg.

Yeah, I get why they don't do it, it just kind of bugs me because they're -almost- good as figures on their own at their size. They even have balljointed arms.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Neurolimal posted:

Yeah, I get why they don't do it, it just kind of bugs me because they're -almost- good as figures on their own at their size. They even have balljointed arms.
If you wanna throw the money down, the FansProject Function-X line of headmasters is the gold-standard (but six times the price, so, yeah)

On the other hand a lot of the headmaster hate works like this:
step 1: character x wasn't a headmaster in g1
step 2: I don't want to be called a geewunner though
step 3: I'll complain about all headmasters, as though I always did

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Neurolimal posted:

It would maybe be less annoying if the G1 Headmaster figures didn't have separate legs. Still, the range of motion on the arms and head plus the detailed sculpts make up for it well enough.

I'm a Headmaster fan from the beginning, though. I admit I've bought TR figures I wasn't all that into just to have another little Titan Master guy to put in Trypticon's city mode when he arrives.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
I feel like it's maybe a size thing? Teeny weeny moving parts on a kids toy are gonna break off more easily, and then you got a crippled robot. I mean there's the arms, but they don't have the kind of motion the legs do, with bending knees and such.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Captain Invictus posted:

Well Mastermind Creations has 3 out that Vangelus has reviewed. I would be lying if I said I didn't want them.

And just flip the chair upside down. ITS A SUBMARINE JUST LIKE SIXSHOT DONT YOU DARE FLIP IT OVER NO.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Neurolimal posted:

Only read one review of it which was pretty meh about the figure because of G1 accuracy reasons, but as someone with no TF nostalgia I think its pretty cool that all three of uts modes look convincing (past TF experience with triformers has been "meh robot, ok vehicle, lmao command station"). My only complaints is that it has no swivel ankles and the train fronts (which look way better than the shuttle nose for the feet IMO) don't rotate far enough to have him standing upright with them.

Those Purple panels near the front fold down for extra wheels and details.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
You mean the ones that cover the legs? Those are already opened in the pic

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Neurolimal posted:

You mean the ones that cover the legs? Those are already opened in the pic

No he means this here

It flips down.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Ohhh, I don't know why I didn't notice that, thanks.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Picked up a Gnaw! He's adorable :)

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

The_Doctor posted:

Picked up a Gnaw! He's adorable :)

I hunted for one forever and kept finding Bumblebees and Kickbacks on the shelves, because those army building motherfuckers just had to have them all so I broke down and bought one for $16 on Amazon. The next day I found a fresh wave at target and bought all the Gnaws because gently caress YOU people I compete with at retail, now I'm revenge army building just for spite.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Don't be weird

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I bumped into @The_Macula who's a dude I follow on Twitter, and he gave me the heads up about where I could find one. Glad I did, there was only 1 left.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Rhyno posted:

That would be Black Apple. His DOTM Megatron is being prepped for mass production. Honestly the other guy's Megatrons look better.

I couldn't find what you are referring to other than an oversized version of the Voyager figure...if that's what you're referring to I'd go with Black Apple's

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

catch22 posted:

I couldn't find what you are referring to other than an oversized version of the Voyager figure...if that's what you're referring to I'd go with Black Apple's

This is Dream Factory's ROTF Megatron

This is the render of their DOTM Megatron's vehicle mode.

This is Black Apple's that will supposedly be produced in scale with their OS EM Prime

Dream Factory's work is all new, Black Apple starts with an original figure and builds it up from there. He used the available OS ROTF Megatron as his base.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A shame he didn't give him real hands

also I just assembled three Detolfs in a row. My thumbs are throbbing and sore as gently caress, if I never have to assemble another one it'll be too soon, but now my Titan Masters and Combiner Wars dudes have a home.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Captain Invictus posted:

Don't be weird
Nothing weird about wanting a platoon of tiny adorable sharkticons.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
out of spite? yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Speaking of painful assembly, I liked the legged-cannon mode of TR galvatron for its resemblance to a macross mech and decided to paint him, and goddamn are some of those pins a nightmare to remove. I had to green stuff some places because of how bad the area got chewed up removing the fuckers. Say what you will about Hasbro, these things are built to last.

I dread reassembling him.