Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Waltzing Along posted:

SAO is really bad right? As an anime and as a game.
The games are overall kind of dumb plot-wise but other than that mostly just not good enough. People tend to exaggerate when a game is just average and not worth your first few picks. But "there are worse games out there" isn't enough for most. Also there are at least three games now and it would take more attention than they're worth to explain. Get one if it's cheap and you're bored, play anything better if you have a choice.

The anime forum can explain the anime, it's not worth rehashing here when it's been done to death already. It also was assembled in a haphazard manner like the games so it's janky, inconsistent and at times actually offensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

I hear this anime sale is happening because of a rumoured anime ban by Trump

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

The anime is ludicrously bad but the Hollow games are fun if you're into the faux MMO thing.

The other one is more action RPG sort of thing and is kinda just boilerplate at best.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its better than death note

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Super No Vacancy posted:

its better than death note
Vita thread is over there bucko

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

PS4 has a sexy 4.50 firmware update coming, whose beta starts today, with some amazing new features:

:siren: PS4 Pro will now be able to boost all games, not just ones with a formal patch. :siren: That said, it sounds like this mainly means hitting framerate targets more often; a 30fps locked game will still be 30fps locked.
:siren: PS4 will now support external storage for games. :siren: Currently, hard drives must be USB 3.0, and must be between 250 gig and 8 tb in size. It's unknown still if multiple drives will be supported, or if these drives will be console-tied (for the record, Xbox One external storage isn't console-tied)
Other features include:

Custom Wallpapers

Quick Menu Refresh

Simplified Notification List

Post on PlayStation Network Activity Feeds

3D Blu-rays on PlayStation VR

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

univbee posted:

PS4 has a sexy 4.50 firmware update coming, whose beta starts today, with some amazing new features:

Custom Wallpapers

Yes! This one of the biggest things I missed from the PS3.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

External hard drives is very nice

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

univbee posted:

:siren: PS4 Pro will now be able to boost all games, not just ones with a formal patch. :siren: That said, it sounds like this mainly means hitting framerate targets more often; a 30fps locked game will still be 30fps locked.
:siren: PS4 will now support external storage for games. :siren: Currently, hard drives must be USB 3.0, and must be between 250 gig and 8 tb in size. It's unknown still if multiple drives will be supported, or if these drives will be console-tied (for the record, Xbox One external storage isn't console-tied)
Other features include:

Custom Wallpapers

Quick Menu Refresh

Simplified Notification List

3D Blu-rays on PlayStation VR

Can the custom wallpapers let you use SFXs from wallpapers? I would keep the PSX theme on at least in the background.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

univbee posted:

Does this mean I can give a :yeah: to stuff in the Activity Feed?

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

I wonder if Bloodborne will be a solid 30fps on the Pro now...

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

In Training posted:

It almost makes it as good as the WiiU.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

External drives on the beta work on multiple consoles so can be used to avoid patch/digital game downloads when going to friend's houses. :toot:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
As someone who has been too lazy to switch in a better drive, this is pretty great news, especially because I'm really running low on space and also running out of stuff I'm willing to delete

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Guw posted:

I will buy a Pro if so.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The store says there's a flash sale on Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 but it says $25, isn't that the normal price? Maybe it just hasn't updated yet

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Pablo Gigante posted:

The store says there's a flash sale on Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 but it says $25, isn't that the normal price? Maybe it just hasn't updated yet

Says $18.74 to me.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's $24.74 CAD but explicitly marked as a Flash Sale soooo either it's not fully updated or Sony just casually had a flash sale with only one game and didn't advertise it.

smug forum asshole
Jan 15, 2005

Guw posted:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I guess I'm buying a Pro.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

:homebrew:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yeah... Yeah that'll do it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

SelenicMartian posted:

It almost makes it as good as the WiiU.

still no tokyo mirage sessions so until persona 5 it cant be

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

gently caress

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

That Pro is suddenly turning into a fantastic purchase. There is zero point in buying a slim.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

I bought a console to get away from the arms race. :qq:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What were all Cerny's words about how this wasn't possible for, anyway? Just to hear himself sound important and knowing things?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Man, I must be getting old because I can't see any difference between those two vidcaps at all. Suddenly my PS4 Peasant purchase is looking like a solid decision. :corsair:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

old or possibly going blind maybe?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

could be a traumatic brain injury

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

...! posted:

Man, I must be getting old because I can't see any difference between those two vidcaps at all. Suddenly my PS4 Peasant purchase is looking like a solid decision. :corsair:

It's a frame rate thing, notice how they desync almost immediately?

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Waltzing Along posted:

I can't speak for the newer ones, but that old one that's a port is uh... obtuse

I've played Korean MMOs that are less grindy than Hollow Fragment is. Skip to around the 9-minute mark to really see how bad it gets.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

...! posted:

Lmao

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Super No Vacancy posted:

little big planet 3 / ps4

PS+ "Where poo poo unloved games go to die"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

poptart_fairy posted:

I bought a console to get away from the arms race. :qq:

Sony bringing you all of the downsides of PC gaming with none of the benefits

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Sony bringing you all of the downsides of PC gaming with none of the benefits

you can't play FFXV on PC so it's worthless

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

pc rules, a game i was looking forward to by an indie dev hard crashes to desktop every five minutes because of my os and hardware configuration, but the dev cant figure out why. its great. i demand that functionality be brought to console

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

morallyobjected posted:

you can't play FFXV on PC so it's worthless

Yeah, but consoles don't have Steam Greenlight... check mate!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Freak Futanari posted:

Yeah, but consoles don't have Steam Greenlight... check mate!!!

Xbox Early Access!