Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Number Ten Cocks posted:

It's one dude in Arkansas right now.

It's only one guy putting his name down on a piece of legislation right now, but don't for a second think this hasn't been on the radar of every Republican organization for awhile now. Think tanks, and the billionaires maintaining them, have been going into loving over drive on this one and what they could do with a constitutional convention entirely under one party control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

Wikkheiser posted:

Mexico actually falls under Northern command. So we've lucked out... for now.

And as soon as someone tells Trump that, he'll call up NORTHERN.

We didn't dodge a bullet; it just missed.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

the democrats should start trolling by introducing bills related to bankruptcy

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

with how leaky government is I'm really sad no one from the IRS has said gently caress it and leaked something

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Facebook has taught me lately that people don't know the difference between refugees and illegal immigrants.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Democrats should float an amendment that requires presidential candidates to release all their tax returns, and enforces a strict divestment from their businesses if elected. Then absolutely hammer anyone who tries to make excuses.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

shyduck posted:

Facebook has taught me lately that people don't know the difference between refugees and illegal immigrants.

Same, but also the difference between legal immigrants and illegal immigrants

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Casimir Radon posted:

Democrats should float an amendment that requires presidential candidates to release all their tax returns, and enforces a strict divestment from their businesses if elected. Then absolutely hammer anyone who tries to make excuses.

Why would it matter more now than during the election ?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I've almost totally given up any hope of the Dems doing anything useful

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Why would it matter more now than during the election ?
1. You can't get an amendment going that fast.
2. Momentum was against it because "Bu- buh- buh- emails!"
3. Anyone who is enough of a coward to try an block it looks really bad going into midterms.
4. This is something that should have existed anyway because apparently Americans are just that stupid.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Casimir Radon posted:

3. Anyone who is enough of a coward to try an block it looks really bad going into midterms.
4. This is something that should have existed anyway because apparently Americans are just that stupid.

I mean voters didn't care enough not to vote for Trump, why would they get mad enough at their Congressman for blocking an amendment for it to matter? Hell, they only need 34% against in one house, safe seats probably get you there.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

this election destroyed all of the unspoken rules.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Reverand maynard posted:

with how leaky government is I'm really sad no one from the IRS has said gently caress it and leaked something

Republicans are already calling for the heads of everyone at the IRS. That would probably be the nail in the coffin for them.

Now, NY state on the other hand. . .

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
CENTCOM hosed up.

https://twitter.com/DanLamothe/status/827628503113797632

HEY WE NEED YEMEN VIDEO THAT MAKES US LOOK GOOD oh woops

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Reverand maynard posted:

I've been genuinely curious about this as well. I mean not that it matters, the audit excuse was the most transparent bullshit I think I've heard in my life, but how is it that nobody has printed some copies, put them in manila envelopes and addressed them to some newspapers?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

bird food bathtub posted:

I've been genuinely curious about this as well. I mean not that it matters, the audit excuse was the most transparent bullshit I think I've heard in my life, but how is it that nobody has printed some copies, put them in manila envelopes and addressed them to some newspapers?

Combination of culture, very strict safeguards, and legal punishments: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2016/09/21/this-is-why-donald-trumps-tax-returns-havent-been-leaked/?utm_term=.8732f62fd5f3

So you'd have to defeat whatever virtual tripwire thing there is, put it on a flash drive (since printing all that much would likely take too long) and somehow escape with the information and send it to a reporter and the reporter probably couldn't verify it. Plus, if the reporter asks, the IRS checks the logs and then you're hosed.

I mean, there were lots and lots and lots of very rich people that didn't want their tax returns leaked before Donnie, so they probably have the access locked down tight.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

I mean, there were lots and lots and lots of very rich people that didn't want their tax returns leaked before Donnie, so they probably have the access locked down tight.

Ah there it is, that's the part I hadn't thought about. Since the rich in this country want it then it happens.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

http://www.mediaite.com/online/magazine-cover-depicts-crosshairs-on-trumps-head/

:catstare:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
RIP Ireland

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Well in Ireland's defense Russia already proved you can mess with our election and get away with it.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Man its weird seeing almost every respected newsweekly in the world suddenly turn into Adbusters

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
YES YES YES YES YES YES

GET hosed DONNIE

https://twitter.com/AGOWA/status/827664153879904256

https://twitter.com/NatalieBrandK5/status/827663547689689089

:siren: Executive order halted via temporary restraining order. :siren:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

facialimpediment posted:

CENTCOM hosed up.

https://twitter.com/DanLamothe/status/827628503113797632

HEY WE NEED YEMEN VIDEO THAT MAKES US LOOK GOOD oh woops

Surely this is the thing that turns are Troops against this administration? A dead 8 year old girl, 20+ other civilians, and a dead SEAL? For a decade old video?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I hate to tell you this, but we killed a lot more children and soldiers for WMDs that didn't even exist

america doesn't care

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
As seen in a previous post of mine, everyone is hype over the "successful" mission, eager for revenge, and excited to finally be let off the leash. And killing civilians is just a reality of war.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

angerbeet posted:

Surely this is the thing that turns are Troops against this administration? A dead 8 year old girl, 20+ other civilians, and a dead SEAL? For a decade old video?
They don't care about dead civilians, even if they are little girls. Military deaths of course don't matter when it's a Republican who gets them killed for nothing. See: Iraq.

While I was typing that a commercial for CBP came on and looked like something ITT Tech would put out.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
People on social media are praising trump for dropping everything he was doing to go to a SEAL funeral and totally glossing over what got him killed in the first place.

"Trump dropped everything and left. Where he was going will make you proud."

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

TBeats posted:

"Trump dropped everything and left. Where he was going will make you proud."

Dropping everything implies he was doing something other than Twitter.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Here's the beautiful bastard that killed Donnie's executive order for now: https://twitter.com/AGOWA/status/827668378328260609

Good poo poo.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Feb 4, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Weren't people enforcing the EO after the stay was granted after the ACLU did some work?

Why will this be different?

Not being cynical or pessimistic, I'm genuinely curious.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

that whole jared kushner thing about him pulling the strings to make trump look good at times is probably true

https://twitter.com/gaystarnews/status/827668895121039360

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

TBeats posted:

Weren't people enforcing the EO after the stay was granted after the ACLU did some work?

Why will this be different?

Not being cynical or pessimistic, I'm genuinely curious.

A lot of the confusion is that parts of the executive order were struck down, at certain places, for certain people. This ruling is a nationwide stop-everything order.

CBP might still violate it, but it's a lot harder to legally justify, since the executive order right now no longer legally exists.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Here's the beautiful bastard that killed Donnie's executive order for now: https://twitter.com/AGOWA/status/827668378328260609

Good poo poo.

Does this uncancel everyone's green cards?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Third World Reggin posted:

that whole jared kushner thing about him pulling the strings to make trump look good at times is probably true

https://twitter.com/gaystarnews/status/827668895121039360

Without the gays she'll be stuck in dresses like that forever

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

angerbeet posted:

:vince:

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

the "duct tape" fad has gone too far.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Reverand maynard posted:

Well in Ireland's defense Russia already proved you can mess with our election and get away with it.
To be fair though, our current president went on television and literally asked Russia to do exactly that.

angerbeet posted:

Yet, remember how many people were cheering the news story just a few days afterward, when a Navy convoy started flying the Trump flag instead of the American flag?

We also lost a 70+ million dollar aircraft because of that poorly advised mission. Mentioning the cost of lost hardware may seem petty compared to the loss of lives, but keep that in mind each time Trump talks about all the much smaller things we'll need to slash from the budget because helping people is too expensive.

facialimpediment posted:

Here's the beautiful bastard that killed Donnie's executive order for now:
I wonder if Donald knows that he can't fire a State's Attorney General?

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Feb 4, 2017

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Trump likes Ivanka to role-play as a burrito in that dress and he's very hungry

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I am not sure who he wants in an oven anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

angerbeet posted:

goddamn

• Locked thread