Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

holocaust bloopers posted:

Blood borne, and DS3 might run at a full 30!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That devs couldn't even hold 30 FPS as a standard on the PS4 and Xbone was extremely pathetic imo

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
The only reason I gave up on Bloodborne within like 30 mins is because it runs like garbage, don't know how anyone got through that poo poo

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I'm playing through Pillars of Eternity right now and it loving owns. Probably going to play through Baldurs Gate 1 and 2 enhanced afterward, and maybe Icewind Dale enhanced.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Infinity engine games owned. I liked PoE but think I got distracted by something else. I need to start another playthrough of it. Good writing, really glad that games like that are getting made again if it requires Kickstarter poo poo.

I should probably check out the other one they did, Tyrant or whatever it's called.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I was a kid when Baldurs Gate came out and that game kicked my rear end so loving hard but somehow I brute forced my way through it.

This is like my third time starting PoE and I made a cipher this time and it finally clicked. Tyranny looks cool as well. I liked Planescape Torment and apparently there's a sequel or something now?

Divinity Original Sin seems kind of like the old infinity engine games as well but I've never played it.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Divinity OS is pretty cool, I played it a bit on the PS4. It's pretty similar other than being 3d, but just in the way the world and quests work. Very story driven quests, not all combat necessarily, multiple ways to complete quests and whatnot. It really is in line with the old D&D games moreso than the older Divinity games that were more diablo-y

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Infinity engine games were the bane of my existence as a teen. I could never get the fuckers to run worth a poo poo on my home PC. Been meaning to try to play them, specifically PlaneScape: Torment, but goddamn the thought of dumping 100 hours into a single game is daunting.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I loving hate that games have timers in them, like in steam.

if I had a clock that told me how much time i've wasted in my adult life on, say, Jagged Alliance 2, I'd probably kill myself

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ive gotten civ 5 up to 400 hours played before i swapped out hds years ago.

also got 200 something hours in mgsv

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I don't think Planescape actually takes all that much time to complete

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I've never finished BG2 or Planescape. I should do that. Did planescape get some remastered version or anything or are there resolution mods for it now? I have the original on my gog account.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I played it a few years ago and even with fan patches it still crashed constantly on my Windows 7/8 machine. There's no remastered edition.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Buca di Bepis posted:

I played it a few years ago and even with fan patches it still crashed constantly on my Windows 7/8 machine. There's no remastered edition.

makes me glad they finally remastered grim fandango

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I loving hate that games have timers in them, like in steam.

if I had a clock that told me how much time i've wasted in my adult life on, say, Jagged Alliance 2, I'd probably kill myself

JA2 and D3 are probably my most played games by far.

I need to start another run of JA2...
It's a shame the mods got so loving ridiculous that you have to use a guide just to edit the .ini so you don't get buttfucked right out of the gate.

Dunno if there is a remastered version of Planescape but it looks pretty decent still, especially compared to BG. Hell, IMO it's easier on the eyes than NWN 1 or 2.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
sprites always look better than earlier polygon poo poo.

yeah feeling that need to JA2 it again. Vanilla is ok with me, the crazy poo poo with all the crazy gear is neat but it just gets to be so much inventory management. I like additional guns, dont really care for managing ALICE gear. That poo poo was annoying as gently caress in real life.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Danny owns btw

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I've put an embarassing amount of hours into Witcher 3, and I'm still putting in more :shepicide:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

XCOM, XCOM 2 and Mount & Blade: Warband all have my highest hour tallies.

Now I just watched Ironclad and want to fire up Warband again :black101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EymKZBG0-bc

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I have 187 hours in Dark Souls 3.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Ghost recon wildlands is very fun with pals.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm pumped for the boost mode PS4 pro feature. I'll finally go back to witches 3 and dark souls 3.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Ghost recon wildlands is very fun with pals.

There's not a lot to the beta, but there's definitely promise. I had a blast loving around with some friends for a couple hours.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

My only gripe with Wildlands so far is the driving feels weird and bullet drop seems super exaggerated. 7.62 dropping ten inches at 200 yards? :what:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

hey heres the video of the bloodborne perfomance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deb-EaLTgzA

first clip is pro, second is normal ps4

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
holy moly that fps drop

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i feel a lot better about trading in my launch ps4 for my pro now

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i feel a lot better about trading in my launch ps4 for my pro now

Same. I've seen clips of PCARS and Assetto Corsa.

This is the best reason to get a pro now

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

oh hey fire emblem heroes is out for phones and poo poo now

nintendo really does a decent job of putting out polished mobile stuff, surprisingly

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

oh hey fire emblem heroes is out for phones and poo poo now

nintendo really does a decent job of putting out polished mobile stuff, surprisingly

Its pretty cool so far, but I had a server connection issue after the last mission I played.
I also like Mario Run, its pretty good for a runner game, not sure why so many people are hating it as much as they are.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
because nintendo fans are psychotic

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I was kind of looking forward to the switch but not only is it overpriced it looks pretty poo poo all around. If they changed a couple things it would have been so much more appealing

Probably still son a ton though

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

because nintendo fans are psychotic

truth

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I was kind of looking forward to the switch but not only is it overpriced it looks pretty poo poo all around. If they changed a couple things it would have been so much more appealing

Probably still son a ton though

That Mario game is what has me buying one. I love me some Mario games.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

When we gonna get a Metroid game that unfucks that Other M space waifu garbage :colbert:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Didn't they say they had no plans and there prob wouldn't be another Metroid

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Fart Sandwiches posted:

That Mario game is what has me buying one. I love me some Mario games.

new mario looks good but its crazy that it isnt a launch game

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

im waiting for the price drop before i look at a switch, and even then i dont really want another console. my ps4 does p. much everything id ever ask it to do

i still want a pc for poo poo like civ and whatnot, or for a game that i want to mod. but i have no problem just playing on console anymore for shooters and the like

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
playing online shooters on pc is a nightmare anymore. ive aged out of em =/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

playing online shooters on pc is a nightmare anymore. ive aged out of em =/

Overwatch is the only online shooter I've ever really genuinely liked, but it feels like I've leveled up to the point of diminishing returns. Every time I go into a quick play game for some fun I get owned by teenagers souped up on energy drinks headshotting me from halfway across the map. It's like I'm suddenly in a skill bracket that's way out of my league.