Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I reset my password yesterday fine, but then I requested two-factor authorization twice and I still haven't received the text.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The 2fa texts can sometimes take ages to come in.

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do
ha, yeah I haven't even received the drat e-mail yet. I'm pretty mad about it, I wanted to play more Resident Evil :saddowns:

EDIT: It finally came in, now I feel less mad than before

Chello De Don fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Feb 4, 2017

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Renoistic posted:

It's one GB per system. My FFXV saves were enough to fill more than half of my allotted space.

No its not. That's what it was a few system software updates ago. Ps3 and Vita are still this way

3.00 added it up to ten gigabytes. For ps+ I think and ps4 only.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

J-Spot posted:

Maybe if all you care about is rushing through the story missions, but I'd say the open world adds more to it than most other games of this type. Getting the collectables was fun and keeping the players distracted with a map full of stuff enables the seamless multiplayer. You need a nice detailed world for the hide-and-seek style invasion mode.

Not to mention it was a treat for anyone familiar with San Francisco. Exploring the city and seeing how they re-created it was one of my fav parts about the game. Same with GTA V.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wildlands is a fun game to party up and dick around in but the tactical shooter facade feels kind of paper thin. Yeah, all the control options are there so it feels like one on the surface, but in the end it feels more like 4 player far cry than anything.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The 2fa texts can sometimes take ages to come in.

More than a day?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

effervescible posted:

More than a day?

I've had them come in a day late once. Try restarting your phone.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

effervescible posted:

More than a day?

I've had them come in hours late before. It's pretty rare, but it does happen. Don't know why Sony just doesn't give the option for software-based tokens so I can just shove it into my Lastpass 2factor app along with the rest of my 2factor accounts.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

univbee posted:

:toot: Now they just have to ensure it's not tied to a specific console.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx00LHagvxM

rabidsquid posted:

suggesting that something might be possible is a quick ticket to people calling you a liar and getting mad as gently caress online

Yup. Underpromise/Overdeliver is key.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Which is the latest or best EDF available in the store? Never played one and I wanna get in the club.

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

Lobok posted:

It's called boost mode but I swear everytime I read it it says beast mode.

For some of the games, you were reading that right.

g-c posted:

Here's a little very basic gameplay boosted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CoTksShS5M

My Soulsborne OCD is wondering why you didn't go for the visceral attack and then circle behind when he was down, since you would have gotten him before the other guy could have shown up.

BisterdDave posted:

I got a code for the 4.50 software beta, but my external hard drive crapped out last week. Would it be ok to still download and install the beta without having any way to back up the system?

It's beta firmware. If you're at all worried about losing data, you should back things up. That said, I've been in every PS4 firmware beta (including some pre-release stuff that was SUPER fuckin' cool in how it updated, but I don't think that will ever happen publicly), and it's literally never done anything to my systems/data. They do test the poo poo out of this stuff before they release it to the public (even minor updates, which is why it can take a while), but there is zero guarantee on this stuff.

HGH posted:

They posted one last CG trailer for it and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ7ZDzWdy9E
The very last part of this just tells me more than ever that yep, this is Onimusha.

Weeeeeeeeeeell gently caress. This just went from "I gotta play this because we're basically publishing it in the West" to "I'm gonna run a train of sicknasty Ninja Gaiden moves on Nobunaga and probably get destroyed 200 times before I beat them. I'm. loving. In.

Beastie posted:

Had a few beers and bought Hotline Miami. Game is cool.

Had a lot of fun with two friends, we'd pass the controller every time one of us died. This game, along with Trackmania and Steep scratch that certain itch where you just throw yourself at an objective over and over again.

Hot drat is Trackmania good in that playstyle. The OCD, Tony Hawk-style impulse is just to jump back in, but a group can make incredible progress in a short time. I, uh... I don't know about Steep, but I guess it could getcha drunk as poo poo quickly.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

anybody boost mode mirror's edge yet?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
All this beast mode talk reminds me that Gronk beat Marshawn Lynch in For Honor on the latest clueless gamer but he knocked him off a bridge. Cheap bitch move, Gronk.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Does Boost Mode make Deus Ex: Mankind Divided playable?

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Can I leave my headset USB dongle plugged in and still hear voice chat through the TV? Don't see that option anywhere.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I said come in! posted:

It has a specific ps4 pro patch. So don't expect boost mode to do anything.

It is much better with the pro patch though.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I've had them come in a day late once. Try restarting your phone.

That did the trick. Thanks.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I said come in! posted:

It already had a pro patch.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Doesn't add a proper ending :cool:

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

And nothing will cause this series is now basically dead again! Maybe in 5-6 years we can reboot this.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Wonder what it's like to play one of those bullethell games.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I like how all the people in here (including me) who said they'd get a Pro for improved Bloodborne are looking at their wallets, sweating 😰😰

Need to find someone to sell my OG to 🤔

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Deus ex is allright but I thought it was sort of mediocre. I think Mankind Divided needed to up the ante a lot more than it did to be worth getting excited about. It really didn't feel like much of a step up from HR which had its own problems.

Not that it's a bad series. It certainly has its good qualities but I'll play Dishonored over it any day.

Hopefully they will bring it back down the road but I can't say it feels like a huge loss to me at least.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Is there a specific article out there that goes through the step by step of upgrading to a Pro? Like what kind of backing up I have to do in order to trade in my system?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Fix posted:

Is there a specific article out there that goes through the step by step of upgrading to a Pro? Like what kind of backing up I have to do in order to trade in my system?

If you'll have both systems at once before trading it in, you can do an over-network transfer if you're hard-wired. Otherwise, you can backup to an external hard drive that's exFAT formatted.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Fix posted:

it depends on what you want to keep

if you wanna re-download games, you probably should upload your saves if you have pro, or back them to a USB device

if you want to transfer everything, you can transfer everything over ethernet if you have the two consoles or back if you want to do it one at a time, you need an external hdd and then

oh and if you do the externbal hdd method, make sure that once you're done with the data transfer to disable your old PS4 as the account's primary

otherwise you have to disable it remotely (which can be done, but you can only do it like once every six months)

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It just occurred to me that they totally missed the chance to call it blast processing.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Samurai Sanders posted:

It just occurred to me that they totally missed the chance to call it blast processing.

If I know anything about Sega, they definitely have that trademarked.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Ok, thanks, guys.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Fix posted:

Ok, thanks, guys.

Post transfer, pre getting rid of old PS4, deactivate it!

That's the only other thing.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Decided against Nioh in the end and got GoW3 and Shadow Complex both for just over £10, rather than the £55 Nioh would have set me back. Going to wait for a price drop; don't think I'll be missing out on anything like in, say, Dark Souls' community.

...fairly sure I bought a PS4 just to go through the previous generation's content. :v:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you're less likely to get a dedicated coop partner by waiting since that is a thing in nioh, unlike the souls games

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Kingtheninja posted:

Which is the latest or best EDF available in the store? Never played one and I wanna get in the club.

4.1 shadow of new despair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE1eff1xvLg&index=3&list=PLFsqRyeGGyKot6wRLnj8R13w9G6n8pEnj

Marogareh fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Feb 5, 2017

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Not fussed about that, really. The only game I really co-op in is the Division. :v:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

edf 5 is currently in production too. so dissappointed in myself that i haven't cleared 4.1 yet but i just finished 2017 when it came out and i was i guess a little burned out. gotta get back to it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Chello De Don posted:

Has anyone had any trouble with getting password reset e-mails from the playstation network? I tried to log in this morning and it told me i had to update my password, and it was gonna send me an e-mail...but it's been two hours and I haven't gotten anything yet. I've triple checked the e-mail to make sure it's spelled correctly so I know it's not that. This is super frustrating because i can't access any of my stuff without it. Anyone had this issue?

Check your spam folder.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Manatee Cannon posted:

you're less likely to get a dedicated coop partner by waiting since that is a thing in nioh, unlike the souls games

No way, goons are still playing Demon's Souls a lot even. Nioh is going no where.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

It'll be interesting to see if Nioh has the same staying power as the souls games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm more excited for Nioh than I was after the original Alpha. Definetly has been improved in the most recent demo. I can't say I find the exploration in Nioh nearly as satisfying as From games though.