Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

I spent money on a roll and got garbage so now I feel filthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

man doing the dramatic animated summon and still getting them at 4* is kinda mean

looking at you roy

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Dog Hausu posted:

I spent money on a roll and got garbage so now I feel filthy.

You can make that feeling go away by spending more money on more rolls

(don't do this)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Brother Entropy posted:

man doing the dramatic animated summon and still getting them at 4* is kinda mean

looking at you roy

I got 4 cutscenes in one pull during a reroll attempt and all of them were 3* and 4*. it's some real rudeness

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

If you beat the daily event do you unlock harder tiers or do they seriously think a 2 star unit is a usable reward? It already costs a fifth of your stamina to attempt the thing with a stricter failure condition. They seem really useless.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

AlphaKretin posted:

If you beat the daily event do you unlock harder tiers or do they seriously think a 2 star unit is a usable reward? It already costs a fifth of your stamina to attempt the thing with a stricter failure condition. They seem really useless.

It's the only way to get feathers,.. so....

(not really the only way)

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

I've kinda hit a wall since I've only got one 5*. I'm just gonna have to wait for the daily orbs at this point.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

my 3 star cherche has been doing wonderfully alongside my 5 star tharja and lyn and 4 star niles. she got even better once i got her her hammer. she's got fantastic defense, arrows barely phase her. basically all i have to look out for are mages, which my other units can take on easily. this is a good team

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Dog Hausu posted:

I've kinda hit a wall since I've only got one 5*. I'm just gonna have to wait for the daily orbs at this point.

I did all of normal mode and am halfway through hard mode with one five star, one four star, and two three stars.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

sharrrk posted:

my 3 star cherche has been doing wonderfully alongside my 5 star tharja and lyn and 4 star niles. she got even better once i got her her hammer. she's got fantastic defense, arrows barely phase her. basically all i have to look out for are mages, which my other units can take on easily. this is a good team

My Cherche is trash, I am jealous

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

I did all of normal mode and am halfway through hard mode with one five star, one four star, and two three stars.

I'm towards the end of the last chapter I probably need to just switch around my team a little. My 3* is feeling like serious dead weight now but I've been keeping him around since I don't have another tank.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Just do some hard mode chapters in the interim, the early ones are still super easy.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

You can make that feeling go away by spending more money on more rolls

(don't do this)

I can speak from experience that this doesn't really help.

On the upside, I now have a three star Robin and the fancy Tiki. So, it's not all bad. Just a lesson on not whaling like a dumbass.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Terper posted:

Just do some hard mode chapters in the interim, the early ones are still super easy.

Just take in mind if you wanna be stamina efficient, you have to finish all the part 5 stages for each chapter on normal/hard/lunatic for the next set of quests to unlock. Basically, do parts 1-4 and skip part 5 if you haven't finished the whole story for the prior difficultly level

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
My team of Lyn, Able, Eliwood, and Arthur was starting to have trouble in ch6. Team is mid teens but just pulled 4* Hawkeyes and Olivia so may swap out Eli and Arthur soon. No healer or ranged is hurting.

Started an alt account while waiting for stamina and started with 5* Tiki plus 4* ninja and healer. Pretty dang nice, lets save up for a 5 pull.

Ryoma, Nowi, and Camilla. Alrighty then!

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I rolled a second Marth. Should I keep both or... do something with it?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

180% or 200% castle? :shepspends:

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Katana Gomai posted:

180% or 200% castle? :shepspends:

If you have any desire to level a healer, 200%. 3k exp to level....

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
Shoutout to the cheesy/awesome fire emblem theme with vocals in the menu. It's a shame we don't really linger on the screen to get the whole thing.

Does anyone know if it's the original lyrics where they sing about game tips or if its entirely new?

The Biggest Jerk fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Feb 5, 2017

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It's new. It's also in English! But sung in wonderful Engrish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW8URiPy5h8&t=13s

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Eopia posted:

If you have any desire to level a healer, 200%. 3k exp to level....

After a few rerolls and some more 5-pulls until I stuck with my current lineup, I have never even seen a healer. But I suppose it makes sense to cap out the castle instead of rolling more useless units now.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Sooooo.... I think I should save for the next banner? Because all I really need are regular healers. I mean, Florina could foot that bill, but that'd require a bit of a tighter formation, and as of 4-3, I dunno if I want to keep tight formations.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
So how are you supposed to do that final Chapter 9 mission normally? I cheesed it with double Takumis but it seems like a total pain in the rear end due to the way the map is arranged if you want to use two melees.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

widespread posted:

Sooooo.... I think I should save for the next banner? Because all I really need are regular healers. I mean, Florina could foot that bill, but that'd require a bit of a tighter formation, and as of 4-3, I dunno if I want to keep tight formations.

Depends on if you don't think you need a healer for 9 more days.

The Biggest Jerk posted:

So how are you supposed to do that final Chapter 9 mission normally? I cheesed it with double Takumis but it seems like a total pain in the rear end due to the way the map is arranged if you want to use two melees.

Bait in the boss with someone who can attack back (Ryoma/Tiki/Hector or a ranged unit), then finish her off next turn. Sub-boss can be tanked by a blue unit (Gwendolyn is great for this, but any lancer that can tank his attacks will suffice). The longer you leave the boss alone, the more dangerous she gets - aim to finish her off before she can recover her health or get a chance to proc Vengeance.

If possible, leave the Hone skills at home, since they get converted to debuffs when the boss attacks.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Feb 5, 2017

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Was planning on saving orbs for the next banner characters but I got twenty and couldn't resist! Got me a 5 * Roy and a 4* Hannah, Roy is a beast.

Good timing too as I need a good second team as my original team (5*Robin, 4*Baruka, 4* Sakura and new Lance lady ) are too strong for normal difficulty as I started trying them on hard and are now overlevelled.

Am I better off using a 4* baldy healer or a 3* Lissa, I want to use Lissa... But the stars are worrying me!

Also looking for a ranged magic user but my only choices for this team are 3* Odin or 3* Sophia....hmmm

Really enjoying this game so far and still not spent any real money!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

nerd_of_prey posted:

Was planning on saving orbs for the next banner characters but I got twenty and couldn't resist! Got me a 5 * Roy and a 4* Hannah, Roy is a beast.

Good timing too as I need a good second team as my original team (5*Robin, 4*Baruka, 4* Sakura and new Lance lady ) are too strong for normal difficulty as I started trying them on hard and are now overlevelled.

Am I better off using a 4* baldy healer or a 3* Lissa, I want to use Lissa... But the stars are worrying me!

Also looking for a ranged magic user but my only choices for this team are 3* Odin or 3* Sophia....hmmm

Really enjoying this game so far and still not spent any real money!

My 3* Lissa is a beast and just as good as the 4* I had on my first account.

Her best skills are low level, the attack boost isn't as good as the super heal (or the self heal, I forget which is which) imo.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Brother Entropy posted:

looking at you roy

Yeah I got psyched for Marth and it was a 4* pull

least I still got my 5* Abel

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Does someone have the stats for the 9-5 Boss on Hard? I think I can kill her in one turn with Hector, but if she's going to double and kill Hector then that'd be a good chunk of stamina wasted.

Urgh, just enemy mages in general.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I almost won 9-5 on my first try, it's not as hard as people made it out to be. But the blue wizard just surprise nuked hana out of nowhere and looped around magic roy's butt so the 1HP knight could poke him to death. I won't lie, I used a divine protection thing on this one and promptly slaughtered the barely alive mooks with a healer.

EDIT: It's worth noting that quests aren't retroactive either. I've cleared like four chapters on hard but just cleared 9, but didn't get the rewards for the hard mode quests.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Feb 5, 2017

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Starting tomorrow there will be a special map every week with 3 difficulty settings. Every difficulty will give you 2 orbs and it will run for 5 weeks.

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/828141110451134470

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Freaksaus posted:

Starting tomorrow there will be a special map every week with 3 difficulty settings. Every difficulty will give you 2 orbs and it will run for 5 weeks.

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/828141110451134470

This is good!

Does anyone have a guide as to what all the different things you earn do??

I know what orbs and feathers are obviously but what are all these badges and shards??

nerd_of_prey fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Feb 5, 2017

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

nerd_of_prey posted:

I know what orbs and feathers are obviously but what are all these badges and shards??

You need badges in addition to feathers to rank up characters. It's just that no one talks about the badges since they're (relatively) easy to grind. Specifically, you need 20 badges in addition to the 20,000 feathers.

Shards can be spent to level characters up to 20. Crystals are the 20+ version of shards.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

20000 feathers is loving bullshit

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I need Camilla in my life.

I've got 5* Robin, 5* Chrom, 5* Tiki and a 4* Sophia. The Sophia is holding me back since she's my fourth best unit but sets me up as 3 red, one blue. If I can find a way to get Camila then I think my team is as good as it can be tbh.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

ZenVulgarity posted:

20000 feathers is loving bullshit

It is, but it's not as bad as you think it is. There are very few characters that are really worth the 5* promotion anyway - the only one I have is Marth since his Falchion gives a pretty sizable boost. 4*s are basically your standard units - 5*s are more of a luxury than anything else. I'd even say my most useful/used units are 4* - Wrys (healer), Effie (supertank) - who both gain practically nothing from the 5* promote.

jjef
Jul 25, 2008
after my initial 5 pull, what should i spend my orbs on? i have 10 now. should i spend them on some more pulls?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

jjef posted:

after my initial 5 pull, what should i spend my orbs on? i have 10 now. should i spend them on some more pulls?

Do you have a team you are happy with? If no, pull more. If yes, get the XP bonus castle upgrades.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

jjef posted:

Never pull unless you've got at least 20 orbs and can pull 5 characters at once, number one rule basically.

But in terms of what to spend them on, more pulls are a good idea unless you're already happy with your units. The castle upgrades are great for speeding up XP gains and the first few are really cheap for a big bump in XP gained. After that either save them for future summon events or spend them on the current ones if there's someone featured that you want.

Never spend them on retrying a mission and never spend them on refilling energy or anything like that. (there are exceptions to this rule in other gacha games but we don't have any special time-limited events where you would do this yet)

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

jjef posted:

When you have twenty orbs buy one, then keep going until you run out of colours you want.

The last one for 3 is rarely going to be good value because who needs another grey?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Rattle off some good dudes for an OP or some poo poo