Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

GulagDolls posted:

im looking for janitor man. hal isnt janitor man. is kb janitor man? maybe. he exudes an aura of darkness. instead of punching the darkness though, we should logically explain why murder is wrong

Murder disrupts peace, IRL and in mafia games. Why do you think games end when all the murderers become stars?

Because it's become peaceful so we can all leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
*1*

gently caress scum in this game. Seriously just gently caress them right in the rear end with a rusty spike.

I would like to take a baseball bat and beat them with it.

I'm sorry that I'm disconnected here but I absolutely HATE post restrictions and I am wishing severe violence on Kash for creating a role that would do this to someone.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

got some chores tonight posted:

gulag is the janitor BC he is the serial killer

serial killers cant be janitors

how about you chores....got any proof youve never held a mop...

TMMadman posted:

*1*

gently caress scum in this game. Seriously just gently caress them right in the rear end with a rusty spike.

I'm sorry that I'm disconnected here but I absolutely HATE post restrictions and I am wishing severe violence on Kash for creating a role that would do this to someone.

TMMadman posted:

*1*

TMMadman posted:

*1*

ok. anything else

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

GulagDolls posted:

how about you chores....got any proof youve never held a mop...

yeah this game is full of absolutely hosed up roles so that argument is total bullshit

also, christ TMM

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

tbh I could totally buy a SK/janitor or maybe a SK with a bunch of one-shot kill powers - janitor, ninja, strongman, etc. etc.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMM when ya comin to Colorado? And where?

Also get engaged in the game bro

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

GulagDolls posted:

how presumptuous

seriously, lets kill eplison already.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

okay so I'm sitting down and trying to make some reads, tbh I have forgotten a lot of meta poo poo so someone who's been more engaged in the community lately can chime in. out of everyone posting so far these two are the ones who have gotten under my skin the most:

gulag dollas is all over the loving place and most of his posts are pretty low-content? dragging people into masonries and then killing them definitely does a lot to disrupt the pax katamari. it's not out of the realm of possibility of being a town power in this game. plus claiming to have targeted three out of the four dead scum? seems suspicious. in fact with the number of dead scum in this game we might have one if not zero left, tbh I can't remember if town wins with 0 scum and a SK around - is the SK considered a threat to the town? plus he tries to buddy up with me, which feels odd because we haven't really interacted all game.

king burgundy has some awkward-rear end posts, like these:

King Burgundy posted:

Actually, I just had a thought...

Kash said this game has tons of new roles. What if that message was part of someone's role and they are just protecting Keane?

We should roll him to hammer anyway, just in case. :)

then gets into a big awkward slapfight with infinitium, has spent most of the game sounding kinda smug and poo poo (that might just be me reading into it tbh I'm in a rude mood tonight). I really wanna know what the gently caress this is about tho:

kb respond to the goddamn pm

like there's no reason for scum to talk like this in thread? but there's no reason for anyone to talk like this in thread really.

imma get some work done and reread the thread again maybe something better will pop up? I'm not inherently 100% suspicious of KB but I am kinda concerned about gulag dolls either as scum or an anti-town 3p.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Epsilon Plus posted:

yeah this game is full of absolutely hosed up roles so that argument is total bullshit

also, christ TMM

no it isnt crab. lucky for ye that we live in peaceful times, else I might make you into crab stew for such a statement.

read the flips. hal tracked me to the somber kill. somber was specifically sent into space. the same thing happened to pmom. this game might have wacky roles but do you think it lets me kill 3 times with two actions (??) and have just 'one' of the kills janitored and not sent into space.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

my only reasoning for crab not being scum is, i played with a game with him where he was scum recently and he was cartoonishly obvious. its possible he graduated up from 'too weird to be scum, but actually scum' to just 'scum' but i doubt it

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Epsilon Plus posted:

king burgundy has some awkward-rear end posts, like these:

then gets into a big awkward slapfight with infinitium, has spent most of the game sounding kinda smug and poo poo (that might just be me reading into it tbh I'm in a rude mood tonight). I really wanna know what the gently caress this is about tho:

like there's no reason for scum to talk like this in thread? but there's no reason for anyone to talk like this in thread really.

imma get some work done and reread the thread again maybe something better will pop up? I'm not inherently 100% suspicious of KB but I am kinda concerned about gulag dolls either as scum or an anti-town 3p.

That post you think is awkward has the same opinion that Fisk holds this game to call Dick innocent of wrong doing on Quid. So what do you think of Fisk?

On Chores and I. I'm making some assumptions but I now assume chores is town, and he seems to know I am.

---

Thus far Epsilon's only solid scum read seems to be the guy that Hal already picked out for the thread using his track or whatever. Unless he comes forward with some amazing pro town claim, I'm just not seeing a reason to keep this probable scum around.

##vote Epsilon

Hal and Fisk both around enough today that I'm fine keeping them around to enjoy the peace and tranquility. And Hal seems to be an asset on top of that.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Gulag, convince me why your invite multiple people into masonries and kill them power is somehow not bad for us? How does it promote the peace?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Also, this could not be any more obviously scum TMM. Nothing about this PR is actually limiting him in any way. Again I'll remind everyone that he only used half of his posts last day phase. He's milking it to give himself an excuse to not participate, which falls into his scum meta.

Also, consider this. We had two night phases last night right? Why is it still only TMM affected by this? Why is someone else not under PR? Also, a reminder that I tried targeting TMM two nights in a row and failed both times. If I'm failing on him, why wouldn't other people?

After Epsilon it's one of Gulag or TMM for sure for me.

Then we'll see what the next day phase looks like in the peace of the new day.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

GulagDolls posted:

no it isnt crab. lucky for ye that we live in peaceful times, else I might make you into crab stew for such a statement.

read the flips. hal tracked me to the somber kill. somber was specifically sent into space. the same thing happened to pmom. this game might have wacky roles but do you think it lets me kill 3 times with two actions (??) and have just 'one' of the kills janitored and not sent into space.

again, it's possible that you might not janitor all of your kills. "rolled into a star" is obviously janitor-killed but "sent into space" may be a generic nightkill message for all other kills; I don't think we've had enough kills this game for me to be 100% on that. you may also be lying about killing both somber and pmom? I think it's plausible that you janitored diqnol, and did some other kind of kill on somber.

King Burgundy posted:

Also, consider this. We had two night phases last night right? Why is it still only TMM affected by this? Why is someone else not under PR? Also, a reminder that I tried targeting TMM two nights in a row and failed both times. If I'm failing on him, why wouldn't other people?

it's possible that whoever is inflicting PRs may have been blocked on an attempt, or has hit someone who hasn't posted yet? moreover, your role is to redirect your target's target, right? could it not be possible that TMM has a passive or day-only role?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Epsilon Plus posted:

it's possible that whoever is inflicting PRs may have been blocked on an attempt, or has hit someone who hasn't posted yet? moreover, your role is to redirect your target's target, right? could it not be possible that TMM has a passive or day-only role?

It's not impossible. But I'm assuming the worst because this is not peaceful town TMM.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Gulag, convince me why your invite multiple people into masonries and kill them power is somehow not bad for us? How does it promote the peace?

Because I don't have to kill people if I don't want to, also and my two kills were both scum. It is sometimes necessary to kill all the bad guys in order for peace to flourish.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

King Burgundy posted:

Also, this could not be any more obviously scum TMM. Nothing about this PR is actually limiting him in any way. Again I'll remind everyone that he only used half of his posts last day phase. He's milking it to give himself an excuse to not participate, which falls into his scum meta.

Good point

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

TMM dodging the Tobbs "Cubs game must be on" scum meta with a faked posting restriction is plausible

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Epsilon Plus posted:

again, it's possible that you might not janitor all of your kills. "rolled into a star" is obviously janitor-killed but "sent into space" may be a generic nightkill message for all other kills; I don't think we've had enough kills this game for me to be 100% on that. you may also be lying about killing both somber and pmom? I think it's plausible that you janitored diqnol, and did some other kind of kill on somber.

dude. the two scum flips have the same kill flavor because the same person did both of them. that message didnt appear on the n1 flips or any other of the n2 flips.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

we should kill tmm just for being cubs fan

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote tmm

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

GulagDolls posted:

[b]##vote tmm[/b

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

[quote="GulagDolls" post="469120913"]
##vote tmm
[/quote

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

King Burgundy posted:

That post you think is awkward has the same opinion that Fisk holds this game to call Dick innocent of wrong doing on Quid. So what do you think of Fisk?

On Chores and I. I'm making some assumptions but I now assume chores is town, and he seems to know I am.

---

Thus far Epsilon's only solid scum read seems to be the guy that Hal already picked out for the thread using his track or whatever. Unless he comes forward with some amazing pro town claim, I'm just not seeing a reason to keep this probable scum around.

##vote Epsilon

Hal and Fisk both around enough today that I'm fine keeping them around to enjoy the peace and tranquility. And Hal seems to be an asset on top of that.

King Burgundy posted:

Why vote for the player that your [i]less[/b] sure about being scum? On top that you throw your vote down before getting an answer to your question regarding Epsilon's opinion on Fisk. This seems off to me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Dick Bastardly posted:

Why vote for the player that your [i]less[/b] sure about being scum? On top that you throw your vote down before getting an answer to your question regarding Epsilon's opinion on Fisk. This seems off to me.

He's a free cuddle today and doesn't end the day. If Hal and Fisk hadn't started posting I'd have wanted to do them too.

I'm taking care of the free cuddles before cuddling my main suspect for great peace and justice.

This should be SUPER obvious at this point and I've covered this over multiple posts.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

King Burgundy posted:

He's a free cuddle today and doesn't end the day. If Hal and Fisk hadn't started posting I'd have wanted to do them too.

I'm taking care of the free cuddles before cuddling my main suspect for great peace and justice.

This should be SUPER obvious at this point and I've covered this over multiple posts.

This checks out in the name of Peace. Peace be with us all.

##vote Eppy

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

I'm Kyun. I'm apparently a fashionable looking oil droplet. I create an oil slick that causes my target to target a different random target.

N1: TMM - failed
N2 1: TMM - failed
N2 2: Somber - Success

BTW, I asked Kash about my ability because I had a question about the wording, and it turns out I didn't quite understand it. It doesn't change my target's target. It causes them to ALSO target a second additional random target.

So really I should be trying to target people with pro town powers instead of likely scum. It all worked out so far, but I'll change how I use it going forward.

I will now go in peace to hopefully mess up no more.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

nice job reading your role pm

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

ε+ should claim imo

##vote ε+

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
*2*

I'm Havana, a good aligned cousin who can't be photographed because of my giant head. This seems to be a counter to PMoms ability. I also have a ton of friends, so I ##collect 6 cousins at night and I am told how many scum are in the group (obviously not who), but I can't use the same people unless I've already checked everyone who is alive. This ability can't be redirected or given extra charges. It also isn't affected if the people in question die during the night. I was not able to use this power twice during N2 and could only use it during round 2.

On N1, I collected MMT, KB, CPig, chores, TM and FL. I was told there were 2 scum in the group, I obviously thought MMT was one of them, but I was wrong. One of them was CPig, so the other has to be between KB/chores/TM/FL. On N2, I collected: EPlus, Hal, Taste, PMom, Somber, and Quid and got another return of 2 scum. This is why I haven't come out and voted for any of the lurkers because the two scum in the group were PMom and Somber. That just leaves Gulag, Dick and Tobbs left as unchecked for the moment.

I think one of chores/TM/FL are lying scum and I'd like to viciously murder one of them. I'm still slightly suspicious of you KB, but for the moment I'll let it drop.

Based on the scumminess of play, I'll go ahead and ##vote chores because I'd like to bash his head in with a crowbar.

Yes, I realize that you still think I'm scum based on my meta KB, but the fact of the matter is that you're wrong. I'm just disconnected from the game because I really hate PRs. It doesn't matter that it's relatively benign as PRs go, it just immediately turns me off a game. There's a reason I don't play the occasional PR game that pops up. It just doesn't suit my style.

The bottom line here is that we shouldn't vote out ANY of the lurkers because according to my results, they aren't scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
*3*

Also, I'll use another of my posts here just to be clear that I would also kill either Gulag or Dick here because one was publicly announced as visiting a dead townie and the other was tracked to a kill, regardless of the fact that the kill was scum. It's possible that Gulag isn't scum, but some kind of other 3P killer.

I'm sorry that I've been disconnected from this game and I realize it doesn't help town, but at the same time, it's also allowed me to sort of disappear into the background and get results instead of dying early so I guess it's kind of a wash.

I'll be traveling to Denver tomorrow night which means I'll miss the deadline, but I should be able to make some posts during the morning/afternoon if there are questions for me.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

quote:

KB/chores/TM/FL

you four prove you're not a janitor or I hug you EXTREMELY hard

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
*4*

One more post tonight because I figure someone will want to know why I chose who I chose each night.

On N1, I picked MMT/KB because they were my scum reads. MMT because of her terrible case on me and KB for relying on a lot of meta. CPig and chores were chosen because I can never get a good read on them. And FL/TM were chosen for gut reasons.

On N2, I picked EPlus/Hal/Taste (Fisk) because I even though I was disconnected and wishing violent bodily harm on Kash for creating a role with a dumb PR, I still quickly checked and realized they would be freely lynchable today. So I didn't want scum to take an easy run at them. I chose PMom because he replaced in. I chose Somber because a lot of people seemed to be suspicious of him. And I chose Quid because I just couldn't be sure about him.

I feel like we are dealing with a larger scum team because we've already flipped 4 scum and I've still got this dumb PR plus there were a lot of deaths last night.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

ε+ should claim imo

##vote ε+

in light of TMM's claim I'd rather not claim my role right now but if you and someone else reaaaaaally insist I'll come out with it

also so nobody makes the same dumb and bad mistake I made last time: less than 24 hours remain in the game day

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hmmmmm.

That's a pretty believable claim, so if you are scum good job on that, you've dotted all the i's.

##unvote for now while I ponder in the PEACE of sleep tonight.

If you are telling the truth, the only one I'd vote for right now in your initial grouping is FL.

Tired I still believe to be town for meta reasons.

Chores said he can't claim his role or be modkilled, I believe his role is lie detector. He sent me a PM through Kash asking if I was a good cousin and I would be judged on my answer. (At least, I'm assuming it was him, given that he said to answer the PM in thread.) I answered truthfully that I'm a good cousin, and he came in thread and said I was town. Lie Detector is the kind of role I can see being mod killable for claiming in order to try and balance it.

That just leaves FL in TMM's groupings, if we believe him.

So if TMM is actually telling the truth, we almost have the game solved. Tobbs is already verified in another way. That leaves only Gulag and Dick unchecked and Gulag at least seems like a no brainer to cuddle based on his probably being some kind of SK.

I'm going back to thinking full claiming is a pretty good idea right now. But let me sleep on it before I push anything.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

I feel like we are dealing with a larger scum team because we've already flipped 4 scum and I've still got this dumb PR plus there were a lot of deaths last night.

Also, yeah, there seem to be quite a few bad guys in this peaceful world. In addition to the 4 confirmed flipped, you have identified at least one other if you are telling the truth, plus Gulag appears to be some kind of SK, PLUS we suspected Exakt of killing on N1 and didn't get his flip. That's 7 in a game of 23. Seems extreme.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

<M NO A SERIAL KILLER BITCH

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
you can get modded for claiming as lie detector? whaaat?

all these new mafia rules, smh. But seriously, DB is probably the scummiest out of all of us. DB > Gulags > TMM > lurkers & chores > KB > me imo

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

you can get modded for claiming as lie detector? whaaat?

all these new mafia rules, smh. But seriously, DB is probably the scummiest out of all of us. DB > Gulags > TMM > lurkers & chores > KB > me imo

if you PMd another player asking them things about a mafia game and made it known you would get modkilled unless mod allowed it

also

die. this is my official anti-peace post. PEACE SUCKS AND WAR RULES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
But KB said it was through Kash!! I don't know, sounds kinda weird to have a role that you can't claim; it's like the last weapon for every player in this game. It's like not being able to post in the thread.

I find TMM's role a wee bit convenient tbh.

• Locked thread