Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Here we go! :sax:

:siren:CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND SEASON 2 SING-OFF:siren:
http://challonge.com/cxgfs2

You need an account to vote, but they have the handy sign up via twitter/facebook button so it only takes a second. We gave each round a week last time, right? So I'll do the same. Most of the songs are paired with one from the same episode since the random seeding last time knocked out a lot of really good songs really quickly and left us with "I Gave You A UTI" skating into the semifinals. Disgraceful.

You made the exact same mistake I made last season.

You forgot the theme song

edit: quoting for a new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

You're right! :argh:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
There are a lot of really difficult choices in this round.
Ping Pong Girl vs Greg's Drinking Song
poo poo Show vs Tapped That rear end
Trent is Getting Ready vs You're My Best Friend (And I Know I'm Not Yours)
Who's the New Guy vs Glenn's Turn
We'll Never Have Problems Again vs Remember That We Suffered
Devil Winds vs Intercourse

I felt awful voting against each of the ones I voted against on that list.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
I don't like this new poll that shows me the current results.

I didn't want to know that average voter is wrong over half the time.

Edit: Will there be a losers bracket this time?

Issaries fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 5, 2017

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Well season 2 was nice but it (and every subsequent season) will always be inferior to season 1 for not having I Could If I Wanted To.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I can't vote until after work but if Tell me I'm Okay doesn't win this whole thing was a hackfraud.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Like a lot of people I didn't think this season had that many amazing songs until I started to read through the thread and realised there were a lot of great ones. Everyone is sleeping on Love Kernels which is probably the best by far because it's a great satire of modern pop ballads but also has emotional weight.

I still haven't forgiven you guys for blowing it with Stupid Bitch so let's get it right this time.

e: It's between 'poo poo Show' and 'Love Kernels' which are the 'Stupid Bitch' and 'OMG I Think I Like You'

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Feb 5, 2017

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I had the opposite effect where I read through the list and was like "I don't remember how over half of these go"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

There's plenty of songs like that from the first season like that for me too tbh.

I listened to poo poo Show and now I am sad again. Thanks, thread, you huge bitch.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
The finale will be a "I tapped that rear end' and 'It was a poo poo show'-rematch through the miracle of Losers bracket.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Senerio posted:

Who's the New Guy vs Glenn's Turn
I laughed at this, thanks

adhuin posted:

Edit: Will there be a losers bracket this time?
Definitely.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

I can't vote until after work but if Tell me I'm Okay doesn't win this whole thing was a hackfraud.

I will champion Devil Winds to the death

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Devil Winds was great in the episode and for what it was but not as a standalone song imo. We definitely need him as a recurring background character more than anything though.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I like it as a standalone

The edited together video is my most listened song of the season

Knockknees
Dec 21, 2004

sprung out fully formed
Am I the only one who didn't like "poo poo Show"? I just straight up don't like it.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Everyone has forgot about Period Sex, the best song

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

There are a lot of very wrong opinions in this thread and the results of that poll.

Anyone voting for a 30 second gag reprise over Daryl singing with a ukulele is a war criminal.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I think one of this show's biggest strengths is just how varied the music numbers are, there's literally something for everyone. I say that manly because I don't like half the songs you guys keep gushing about.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Thought bubbles, Greg's drinking song or bust!

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

I have a massive sweet spot for Friendtopia, but looking through that list and rewatching makes me remember how amazing Love Kernels is.

I'll take it!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

I like it as a standalone

The edited together video is my most listened song of the season

I don't know if I've listened to the spliiiIIIIced together version actually.

Knockknees posted:

Am I the only one who didn't like "poo poo Show"? I just straight up don't like it.

You're a pretty good poster but if Love Kernels or poo poo Show don't win I'm coming for you.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

sbaldrick posted:

Everyone has forgot about Period Sex, the best song

Rebecca's mom singing 2 lines before being cut off was so god drat funny

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Every version of Period Sex was funny.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
poo poo Show and You Go First are losing if anyone needs a push to vote

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

What the gently caress guys

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

to we tapped that rear end oh my actual christ you bitches

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I voted for We Tapped That rear end sorry not sorry

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Those two songs shouldn't have met until the final bracket. Best two songs.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Yeah, pairing them by episode seems to have created some issues too :downs:

We'll get it right next year!!!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Next year just put them in a random permutation. With our luck all the good songs will be grouped together at the far left.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

poo poo Show was good but We Tapped That rear end was amazing.

Knockknees
Dec 21, 2004

sprung out fully formed

EmmyOk posted:

I don't know if I've listened to the spliiiIIIIced together version actually.

You're a pretty good poster but if Love Kernels or poo poo Show don't win I'm coming for you.

I can take it!

(I did vote for Love Kernels in Round 1 but my vote is for Ping Pong Girl over it in Round 3. That poo poo was ridiculously hilarious.)

I want to know who the two people who voted for Ticeratops Ballet are though.... that's just....interesting.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

JT Smiley posted:

I think one of this show's biggest strengths is just how varied the music numbers are, there's literally something for everyone. I say that manly because I don't like half the songs you guys keep gushing about.
I was amazed that people thought I Give Good Parent and Remember That We Suffered were among the best songs of their respective seasons, because I hated them. As songs, and in the context of their episodes.

Red Oktober posted:

I have a massive sweet spot for Friendtopia
Easily the best song of the season, IMO. It's not even close.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Honestly, Period Sex is hands down the song of the season. It was built up over the entire season and when we finally get it, it delivers on all counts. Plus, it's a song that the CW censors would never make it on air.

After going through all the songs on Youtube I realized that if it's not a Rebecca than I never go out of my way to listen to it again. I don't know why. Except for Tapped that rear end, but that's an instant classic.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
But the full version of Period Sex isn't even in the show?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Paula's song this season isn't as good as either of her solos last season, but it's still really good. She's always great. "After Everything I've Done For You" is my favorite song in the show overall.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I understand most of the results even if I disagree but Research Me Obsessively beating You Go First is bananas

The Libearian
Nov 24, 2007
Return your books or face mauling
What songs are used in Rebecca's Reprise? I recognise the transition from 'Stupid Bitch' to 'Villian in my own story' but the rest of it also sounds really familiar but i've been listening to s1 songs on youtube and i can't recognise where the other bits are from?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The Libearian posted:

What songs are used in Rebecca's Reprise? I recognise the transition from 'Stupid Bitch' to 'Villian in my own story' but the rest of it also sounds really familiar but i've been listening to s1 songs on youtube and i can't recognise where the other bits are from?

I'd have to rewatch it but Darryl's daddy daughter song is one of them too.

fake edit: Rewatching now and it's

Stupid Bitch
Villain
Daddy's girl
We'll never have problems (the groovy one from this season)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Escobarbarian posted:

But the full version of Period Sex isn't even in the show?

That's my point, it was a song too sexually suggestive to make it on air.

• Locked thread