Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

facialimpediment posted:

Krokodil.

There's a new NYT Trump story out that's absolutely amazing: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/05/us/politics/trump-white-house-aides-strategy.html?_r=0

Notable things:

- Donnie wraps up his days at 6:30 PM
- He watches the entire Sean Spicer press briefing every day.
- He gives tours around the building in-between meetings, because apparently there's not enough for him to do?
- Staffers have to lead meetings in darkness sometimes, as they don't know how to work the lights in the rooms.
- He can't focus on policy memos, but he can focus on a book with 17 window covering options.
- He's pissed off because nobody fully briefed him on the Executive Order that put Bannon on the NSC.

I like that the very next article is Mattis in Asia keeping things chill and being called the only sensible person in the administration, twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Yes he's a Jew with a direct unimpeded line to POTUS. It's everything Republicans secretly have feared since Kissinger had Nixon under his Jew spell.

Real republicans don't like Jews. I'm talking about the red counties in flyover nowhere land. If there's one thing I know it's that white trash of all flavors hate Jews for some reason.

But Kushner has a direct line to POTUS. And 2 of the 8 justices are Hebrew. Maybe there's a chance that some plucky high up Jews get things moving again.

But there's definitely ☁️☀️canned sunshine ☀️☁️all down that road.🔥

🌚 Didn't know the moon voted democrat did you?

Man it makes a mother fucker think.

Negro moon is a fascinating derail from the point I was going to make RE: Bannon sitting on the principles committee and Kushner having a direct line to Trump except during the sabbath.

Guys these are terrible things.And goddamn awful people. We'll be in a shooting war with China inside of 8 years.

They themselves have so much as said so- Bannons on video saying we'll be at war with China inside of 5 years.

It's all been foretold in the most awful format: Tweets and huffpo editorials.

But it's all true and verifiable.

If we Jews really do secretly pull the strings I vote we keep a U.S. China war from ever happening.

#comeonjews #dontgisthat (((Shimazu)))
Reading posts like this at the same time as command and control is terrifying

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Command & Control was humbling

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Command & Control was humbling

it's scary as gently caress is what it is

covers a lot of stuff in great detail i'd only heard about and a lot of stuff i'd never heard of

jesus christ that must have been a terrifying time to live through

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I like to imagine there is an alterate timeline where Alt Shim is sitting in a LCC under North Dakota right now, taking careful inventory of his pills for the week.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Hexyflexy posted:

They're very.. stupid aren't they. I mean actually stupid. As in that dumb kid you knew at school who'd run away from the sound of car stupid. No self awareness at all.

hey cars are scary :saddowns:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Here is a 1 hour long video of the oral argument on the ban

DOJ argument was judicial branch has to look past the orders of the president

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WYSTyrK71U

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Please ignore checks and balances.

Please??

Please?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
A lot more tech companies have signed on to that amicus brief against Donnie's EO.

https://twitter.com/briangoldman/status/828480717319503872

Apple, Microsoft, and Google are now on it.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I don't know how to feel until Angie's List pipes up.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/828574430800539648

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/828575949268606977

"Am I so out of touch? No. It's the voters and the media who are wrong."

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Goddamn, another big amicus brief, high-powered too. Kerry, Albright, Hayden, Rice, Napolitano, Morell, and Rice all slamming the executive order in court.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/828591518613110784

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/828594018992918528

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Man, the new Wacky Waving Inflatable Tube Trump isn't very good...

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I wonder if people continue to say bannon calls the shots that Trump will have him black bagged.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
If you'd told me a year ago that SNL could potentially cause a rift between the most powerful man in the world and his closest adviser...

You know what, gently caress those people from a year ago, they lived in a boring world.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

From the comments:

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Duzzy Funlop posted:

If you'd told me a year ago that SNL could potentially cause a rift between the most powerful man in the world and his closest adviser...

You know what, gently caress those people from a year ago, they lived in a boring world.

I wonder how mad the alt-right would get if that happened, and how happy I would be when that happened.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I bet if the :nsa: showed trump exactly what they can do to his phone he would give it up.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Duzzy Funlop posted:

From the comments:

:perfect:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I do believe that instead of attacking trump on piss, hands, or killing a girl, the most effective thing would to make trump believe that bannon runs the show.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I would not be surprised to find out Bannon is the one secretly encouraging or leaking information about Trump being a bumbling fool.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

holocaust bloopers posted:

I would not be surprised to find out Bannon is the one secretly encouraging or leaking information about Trump being a bumbling fool.

I find it more believable that Priebus is the leak, what with Bannon positioning himself on the NSC

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

holocaust bloopers posted:

Since summer 2015 though?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

maybe the leaks are coming from twitter because I could see trump using twitter PMs to talk about national security level stuff.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Reverand maynard posted:

maybe the leaks are coming from twitter because I could see trump using twitter PMs to talk about national security level stuff.

The leaks are coming from inside the house :tinfoil:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

CommieGIR posted:

The leaks are coming from inside the house :tinfoil:

You joke, but Washington journalists are saying that it's crazy what people inside Trump's WH will tell you if you get them in a casual atmosphere like a bar or whatever.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

CHINA: Mattis' comments on the South China Sea are a 'mind-soothing pill' that have 'dispersed the clouds of war'

quote:

Mattis, speaking in Tokyo on Saturday, blamed China for "shredding the trust of nations in the region," but he also played down any need for US military maneuvers in the disputed waters of the South China Sea and instead called for open lines of communication.

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Lu Kang told reporters at a regular briefing that Mattis' emphasis on using diplomatic means of resolving disputes in the South China Sea was "worthy of affirmation" and that the situation there was normalizing.

"This accords with the common interests of China and all countries in the region, and we hope that countries outside of the region can respect the joint interests and wishes of countries in the region," Lu said.

The official English-language China Daily newspaper said in an editorial on Monday that Mattis' comments were a "mind-soothing pill" that had "dispersed the clouds of war that many feared were gathering over the South China Sea."

"Mattis has inspired optimism here that things may not be as bad as previously portrayed," the newspaper said.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

:stare:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Mattis for President.

Zeroisanumber posted:

You joke, but Washington journalists are saying that it's crazy what people inside Trump's WH will tell you if you get them in a casual atmosphere like a bar or whatever.

Because even GOP members in the house are coming to terms with being in an oppressive environment. Its perfect for leaks.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

I wasn't a fan of the precedent Mattis being secdef set but if it keeps the nukes at bay at least until I graduate college then it was the best hire ever.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Lu Kang wins.

FATALITY.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I'm looking forward to China being the good guys in the next decade's FPS games. I hope the next Call of Duty has you playing a chinese SF guy that sabotages the Dakota pipeline.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The Kremlin has issued a statement demanding apology from Fox News for O'Reilly calling Putin a killer.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I grew up in a family with KKK members, like my dads parents were both huge into the KKK. I grew up in rural rustbelt small town racist as gently caress indiana, and I don't think I even met a jew knowingly until I was in my 20s.

I never heard the antisemetic poo poo growing up, mainly just ragging on blacks, but really not even agressively even in the 80s. Just dumb poo poo like "Those coloreds sure are good at football" or "He's a nice guy for a colored" that kind of poo poo.

I guess what I'm saying is despite kind of growing up in like, the perfect storm of that kind of poo poo, I never heard, nor will I ever understand, antisemitism.

To be clear that is not any way sort of saying it doesn't exist, it's just weird because it just seems like it's gotten so much bigger and wide spread recently. Probably though because of the internet making it easier for these kind of people to have a loud voice though.

Jews killed Jesus.

TBeats posted:

I wasn't a fan of the precedent Mattis being secdef set but if it keeps the nukes at bay at least until I graduate college then it was the best hire ever.

Mattis didn't set the precedent, Marshall did.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Feb 6, 2017

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Mr. Nice! posted:

The Kremlin has issued a statement demanding apology from Fox News for O'Reilly calling Putin a killer.

They can just quote trump, "we've all made mistakes."

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Mr. Nice! posted:

Or what? O'Reilly dies mysteriously?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It gives me hope that despite everything there are some legitimate diplomats in this administration.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Godholio posted:

Jews killed Jesus.

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

It gives me hope that despite everything there are some legitimate diplomats in this administration.

The goofiest loving development is that I was really, really concerned about Mattis being too much of a war hawk on Iran based on his past statements, though he was reasonable about the whole thing.

The other day, he basically said 'nah, we don't need more troops in the middle east, Iran and all that is nbd' as Flynn was sending out press releases putting Iran 'on notice'.

Also, Kelly at DHS is actively telling Bannon to go gently caress himself, so Mattis and Kelly may, in fact, save us all.

• Locked thread