Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Doesn't it kinda kill your show from the start to have such a ridiculously powerful mutant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Josh Lyman posted:

Doesn't it kinda kill your show from the start to have such a ridiculously powerful mutant?

Legion isn't a story about a powerful mutant. It's a story about someone with mental health problems. That he's a powerful mutant just complicates that.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Yeah his number one nemesis was always himself, and his arcs tend to resolve themselves via the equivalent of extreme psychotherapy. I'm so psyched that there is someone so good at TV that managed to find this incredibly obscure character, it's perfect.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Shageletic posted:

Yeah his number one nemesis was always himself, and his arcs tend to resolve themselves via the equivalent of extreme psychotherapy. I'm so psyched that there is someone so good at TV that managed to find this incredibly obscure character, it's perfect.

Or erasing himself from existence

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Might have time traveled into the past once and had sex with his mother, don't need to look at that one too closely.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Mulva posted:

Might have time traveled into the past once and had sex with his mother, don't need to look at that one too closely.

Who hasn't done the nasty in the pasty?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

Who hasn't done the nasty in the pasty?
I initially read this at pastry and was confused why you were talking about pie loving.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Shageletic posted:

Holy gently caress OJ Made In America is fantastic. It's a billion hours, but I got sucked in and went through five hours like it was nothing. If I had made a list of the best of 2016 I would have included that on it.

I thought it could have been cut down by an hour or two but the latter 4 hours are really great.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Just saw the Samurai Jack trailer and I'm astonished how excited I am to see this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSrv_n4tw7w

The show was just too cool when I was younger and it looks like it's kept its incredible sense of style.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Samurai Jack is 100% my most anticipated show of 2017.

Second episode of 24 Legacy was so blah I could barely pay attention. Meanwhile 10 minutes into the APB show and it's far more compelling with an incredibly likable lead. The tech seems to have been borrowed wholesale from the Robocop remake but it's nothing I can't look past. Of course since I like this it will get a single short season and not get picked up in 2018.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I want nothing to do with APB just because of that awful premise.

What I do want if an avatar sized animated gif of Timothy Oliphant doing the hip shake from episode 4.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

What I do want if an avatar sized animated gif of Timothy Oliphant doing the hip shake from episode 4.

The premise IS terrible but but I'm a Chicago boy and it's shot on location so I can't help but enjoy it.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Just because the premise is morally abhorrent doesn't mean it can't be an interesting and entertaining show.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Samurai Jack is 100% my most anticipated show of 2017.

Second episode of 24 Legacy was so blah I could barely pay attention. Meanwhile 10 minutes into the APB show and it's far more compelling with an incredibly likable lead. The tech seems to have been borrowed wholesale from the Robocop remake but it's nothing I can't look past. Of course since I like this it will get a single short season and not get picked up in 2018.

Is it like future CSI and science cops?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Just another Fox show that'll be canceled at the end of the season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

Is it like future CSI and science cops?

A surprising lack of ZOOM ENHANCE. Just high tech body armor, cars, taser guns and drones.

GreenNight posted:

Just another Fox show that'll be canceled at the end of the season.

Like Second Chance! :argh:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
APB was pretty bad.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Fabricated posted:

APB was pretty bad.
I literally only saw a few seconds of it after 24: Legacy because my DVR cut it off, but boy, whoever did the color correction for that show should be fired and never be allowed to work in the industry again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fabricated posted:

APB was pretty bad.

It was perfectly terrible and still better than 24.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The premise is really bad, "...what if OCP was good?" but as a first episode it was pretty bad.

Super Smart Tech Man: Okay, everyone has magic shadowrun taser pistols and Tom Clancy bodyarmor.

*is blamed when a cop gets shot because his drone kinda encouraged him to press forward??*

Super Smart Tech Man: Despite the super high-tech armor that more than likely made it so he only got a bruise that was really bad...but I know how to fix this. *weaponizes drone*

then another cop gets shot at the end of the episode but this time it is okay because the badguy didn't get away.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just watched the first episode of Chance and I seriously have no idea what the hell the premise of the show is.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

I just watched the first episode of Chance and I seriously have no idea what the hell the premise of the show is.

It's good, keep watching it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it started strong, but i forgot to keep watching it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Well it's only 10 episodes, and it doesn't end on a cliffhanger. There are threads that will probably lead into the next season, but the A plot is wrapped.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

muscles like this! posted:

You mean you don't want all the corporatism of Robocop with none of the satire?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Rhyno posted:

the APB show

There's a show about Russian hackers running amok in GTA Online: Before There Was GTA Online Edition?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Snak posted:

It's good, keep watching it.

It feels a bit disjointed but I will soldier on.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

APB's biggest sins is peddling the complete fantasy that the American police system is underfunded of all things.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

MiddleOne posted:

APB's biggest sins is peddling the complete fantasy that the American police system is underfunded of all things.

I saw the commercials for that show during the Super Bowl and audibly groaned. Do we need another show about the brave and heroic police officers but now they have future tech to subjugate the poor and working poor?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

"Sardonic humor is just my way of relating to the world."

:fuckoff:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

How does a town as small and white and rural as Riverdale have both a black high school principal and mayor?

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

How does a town as small and white and rural as Riverdale have both a black high school principal and mayor?
Also a black football coach. They should continue this without acknowledgement. Black sheriff, black judge.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
The thread for Jane the Virgin seems to be archived so I just want to say ______________________ :( __________________________.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Argue posted:

The thread for Jane the Virgin seems to be archived so I just want to say ______________________ :( __________________________.

???

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Michael died.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Now I'm just feeling even more vindicated in dropping season 3 back in December. Boy they really did write themselves into a corner.

EDIT:Wow, this show and Crazy Ex-girlfriend have the exact same plotting problem this season of having no idea where they want to go. Now I'm starting to worry that You're the Worst might also torpedo this year

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Feb 7, 2017

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Vanderdeath posted:

I saw the commercials for that show during the Super Bowl and audibly groaned. Do we need another show about the brave and heroic police officers but now they have future tech to subjugate the poor and working poor?

Bring back Almost Human :argh:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

APB makes sense as a rebuke to Batman. It's really what Bruce Wayne should be doing instead of going out and fighting crime himself.

Vanderdeath posted:

The cops have body cameras on at all times and all use non-lethal taser guns instead. There's also a drone overhead that watches everything.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Feb 7, 2017

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

MiddleOne posted:

Now I'm just feeling even more vindicated in dropping season 3 back in December. Boy they really did write themselves into a corner.

EDIT:Wow, this show and Crazy Ex-girlfriend have the exact same plotting problem this season of having no idea where they want to go. Now I'm starting to worry that You're the Worst might also torpedo this year

I get the sense they do; this is (not exactly a spoiler but if you watch the show then you'll probably know exactly what this refers to) something that's been foreshadowed since near the beginning of the first season. IIRC they said they had an ending in mind and it's not necessarily a fairy tale ending. Of course, they have a lot of episodes to fill so they fill it to the brim with self-aware mockery of telenovela tropes, which I understand can be tiresome if they don't do enough funny things with it. For what it's worth, I'm still enjoying the show a lot; before The Good Place came out it was probably the most feel-good escapist fantasy show I'd seen since P&R.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Counterpoint, the episode where the-character-who-shall-not-be-named tried stand-up comedy.

• Locked thread