Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Barry posted:

Cautiously optimistic but they'll gently caress it up somehow.

Wanna see how the whole artillery stun effect and medkits removing stun and also have charges thing works in action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

MariusLecter posted:

Wanna see how the whole artillery stun effect and medkits removing stun and also have charges thing works in action.

batchat 155 supremacy

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
The Czechoslovakian tanks are coming to the console version, we just got the Žižka Škoda T-40 as the pre update premium tank, is there any good overviews of the line. I know there's some shared (in the same way you "shared" your lunch with the big angry kid at school) vehicles, at least hull wise, with the Germans early and maybe the Soviets later?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Uhhh. Tier 5/6/7 good, tier 8 apocalyptically bad, tier 9 good, tier 10 transcendant.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I like prok because I like playing lights. But it is very dependent on your team. It's one of those maps where you can get real high and just zone and then look down at your stats after a few minutes and maybe you have 2-3k spotting damage or maybe you have zero and your team is down 5 tanks.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Prok in a light tank with 3-5 arty on your team one of the best ways to get those spotting missions done.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
Every Prok I play is either an artillery poo poo show or a 15 minute game of whack-a-mole over the middle hill. You guys that claim to enjoy that map have some kind of Wargaming Stockholm Syndrome.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

ROFLburger posted:

Every Prok I play is either an artillery poo poo show or a 15 minute game of whack-a-mole over the middle hill. You guys that claim to enjoy that map have some kind of Wargaming Stockholm Syndrome.

Well I'm either platooning or doing SICK JUMPS when I'm playing, and if there's no artillery then Prok is great in a platoon as you can slowly pick the enemy apart in the middle and east, and the map is really good for doing SICK JUMPS off of terrain. The map is really bad if your solo and your team doesn't bother spotting either middle or east, wherever you aren't, or don't bother attempting to shoot what you spot, or if there's arti then the map is just total nonsense because sometimes one team's arti does 900 and the other team's does 4700 and that's kind of insurmountable.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Prok is horrible if you're using the M4 45 in a Tier IX game.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Prok is horrible if you're using the M4 45 in a Tier IX game.

Correction: Every map is horrible that you are driving the M4 45 and not top tier.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

223 pen @ 330 damage a shot the M4 45 does pretty good in tier 9 games. Just have to hope no one tries to shoot you. Also I am only citing the premium ammo because you should only be using premium ammo with the french middle tier 105.

I have a replay, I would like to make a gif. What is the simplest way to do this?

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 6, 2017

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I can't believe the loving bullshit I have to pull with this garbage tank if I want to win... only 20k more XP to go...

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

BadLlama posted:

223 pen @ 330 damage a shot the M4 45 does pretty good in tier 9 games. Just have to hope no one tries to shoot you. Also I am only citing the premium ammo because you should only be using premium ammo with the french middle tier 105.

I have a replay, I would like to make a gif. What is the simplest way to do this?

That's the M4 49. The 45 is a tier 7 with the good handling French 90mm. Think a slower, fatter, less armored 50T. I did very well in the tank but arty shits on it pretty well.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Blindeye posted:

That's the M4 49. The 45 is a tier 7 with the good handling French 90mm. Think a slower, fatter, less armored 50T. I did very well in the tank but arty shits on it pretty well.

Naw the M4 45 gets the 105mm from the ARL 44 with the higher damage APCR shell. The 90mms are so much worse on those heavies.

e: lol why is the 90mm heavier than the 105mm, I mean that's a negligible speed difference but come on. Gaining 400 DPM and going from .35 to .39 accuracy is a good enough trade, if you don't mind spending a buttload of credits to get a great tank.

e2: VVV hey guys watch an artillery deal 362 damage on a direct side shot on an RU 251. Why aren't they just removing the loving things?

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Feb 6, 2017

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pKJ9Et13RA

Dev diary on the arty stun changes. Also planning on putting battle assistant into the game normally

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Hellsau posted:

Naw the M4 45 gets the 105mm from the ARL 44 with the higher damage APCR shell. The 90mms are so much worse on those heavies.

e: lol why is the 90mm heavier than the 105mm, I mean that's a negligible speed difference but come on. Gaining 400 DPM and going from .35 to .39 accuracy is a good enough trade, if you don't mind spending a buttload of credits to get a great tank.

e2: VVV hey guys watch an artillery deal 362 damage on a direct side shot on an RU 251. Why aren't they just removing the loving things?

I forgot, I didn't go full sperg and load all gold on the 105. I liked the 90mm, for what it's worth. Still use it on the 50 100 for the better reload.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
I used the long 90 and played like a Panther II. Did well enough.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

ROFLburger posted:

I dunno, never had an issue with arty, though most of the time by the time I'm over the hill in line of fire for arty they're either displacing or destroyed because the flank on the hill just got crushed.
At the same time it can be hilarious for poo poo shows. One play through some Sherman bolted off the hill on the enemy team and whipped around through that pond under the cliff. Cue all the lights on the hill on my team jumping off the cliff to try and land on him or take shots. All I could do was laugh and pump another round into a tiger

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Feb 7, 2017

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Removing the ability to blind one shot tanks with my arty? No longer any reason to play arty I guess. Thanks Wargaming.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Cartoon posted:

Removing the ability to blind one shot tanks with my arty? No longer any reason to play arty I guess. Thanks Wargaming.

I'm just waiting to see how much chaos you can do by stunning your own teammates.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Cartoon posted:

I'm ok with that. I'd actually play this nightmare engine of a game with SPG's reduced to a support role instead of the game rolling the dice to see how fast you get sent back to the garage.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hellsau posted:

I'm just waiting to see how much chaos you can do by stunning your own teammates.

probably less than by plonking them in the engine with AP

also i just got this loading screen tip:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Holy crap the german spgs have reeeeeally bad traverses.

You should see the Soviet SPGs:
http://tanks.gg/wot/compare#t:su-8.c:hummel.c:s-51.c:su-14-1.c:gw-panther
http://tanks.gg/wot/compare#t:su-14-2.c:gw-tiger-p.c:212a.c:gw-tiger.c:obj-261.c:gw-e-100

Uhhh. Tier 5/6/7 good, tier 8 apocalyptically bad, tier 9 good, tier 10 transcendant.

Czech tanks:
Tier 1-2 poo poo
Tier 3 good (3-round babby autoloader)
Tier 4-5 poo poo (1300 dpm at tier 5 lol, less than the tier 4 :stare:)
Tier 6 great
Tier 7 forgettable
Tier 8 good (it really is, play it with the long 88 and the stock turret if you want decent depression, it's basically just like the Indien)
Tier 9-10 OP PLZ NERF

Prav posted:

:siren: FAKE NEWS :siren:
:smugdon:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Prav posted:

probably less than by plonking them in the engine with AP

Don't shoot Sherman's in the vision port, that's how you get 0 damage crits. Do shoot nazi box tanks in their turret rings.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Ensk, like any city map(except Paris, maybe) is good. Dummies.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

warcrimes posted:

Ensk, like any city map(except Paris, maybe) is good. Dummies.

Stalingrad is pretty poo poo, alongside Pilsen, simply due to the lanes not being interactive enough and one side being vastly more useful than the other. Both maps are easily fixable by removing the rubble on Stalingrad and opening more gaps in the big hanger on Pilsen and maybe adding some construction equipment or something to block shots to make it not such a giant killzone. They're bad maps, but they're not broken structurally. Windstorm is kind of like these two, where it has an adequate city brawl and then a whole bunch of space that may or may not be useful depending on a lot of factors that can't really be anticipated.

Ensk is kind of a feelbad map because if there's a difference in skill between the teams, Ensk will turn into a slaughter extremely vast as the better team just applies pressure to the enemy in the field or city and the bad team fails to respond and it snowballs quicker than it does on other maps because it's so small. Doesn't make it a bad map, it just makes for easy wins or frustrating losses depending on the skill of your teammates.

Himmels is good, probably the best map in World of Tanks, which is laughable given it was what, the third map in the game or something. Ruinberg is good too when the enemy arti isn't threading a shot through a loving window to hit you on the move.

Kharkov punishes certain tanks hard, and rewards aggressive play strongly, and gently caress arti so Kharkov is good overall.

Widepark is great and if they'd reshape the derailed train just slightly to disadvantage the north team a bit more, it'd be a fine tier ten map.

Is Fisherman's Bay a city map? I just derp rush 1 line 90% of the time unless I somehow can't justify doing it. Lakeville has problems because of the valley, and removing or altering it would go a long way to making it good. Highway blows and has always blown, but it's not nearly as lovely as it used to be. Live Oaks might be good with those proposed changes. Siegfried Line is loving garbage because they didn't bother putting in the proposed changes that would have made the field less worthless, but as it stands if your team has a tier 10 medium platoon that plays field and the opposing tier 10 medium platoon just kills poo poo in city, you can't win.

Paris is trash and is broken structurally, and I don't know how they could fix it. The north is just too much of a useless killzone. It's actually pretty fun if both teams push the south and actually fight for it, then you can try to win the middle and flank the enemy, but if one team just has 5 tanks "guarding" the north and their team gets outnumbered in south it's super trash. The south has a bunch of different firing angles and leads to sweet brawls sometimes.

e: bring back Dragon Ridge and Pearl River when they remove "fix" arti

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Ensk is kind of a feelbad map because if there's a difference in skill between the teams, Ensk will turn into a slaughter extremely vast as the better team just applies pressure to the enemy in the field or city and the bad team fails to respond and it snowballs quicker than it does on other maps because it's so small. Doesn't make it a bad map, it just makes for easy wins or frustrating losses depending on the skill of your teammates.

Lakeville has problems because of the valley, and removing or altering it would go a long way to making it good.

We had a slaughter on Ensk earlier this evening, but it didn't go how you'd have expected looking at the teams at the start of the match:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3325335?secret=32096e0ac00a7665211f2e49e576c542

Dat purple Maus.... :stare:

Also, fill the Lakeville valley with lava, problem solved.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Hellsau posted:

Stalingrad is pretty poo poo, alongside Pilsen, simply due to the lanes not being interactive enough and one side being vastly more useful than the other. Both maps are easily fixable by removing the rubble on Stalingrad and opening more gaps in the big hanger on Pilsen and maybe adding some construction equipment or something to block shots to make it not such a giant killzone. They're bad maps, but they're not broken structurally. Windstorm is kind of like these two, where it has an adequate city brawl and then a whole bunch of space that may or may not be useful depending on a lot of factors that can't really be anticipated.

Himmels is good, probably the best map in World of Tanks, which is laughable given it was what, the third map in the game or something. Ruinberg is good too when the enemy arti isn't threading a shot through a loving window to hit you on the move.

Kharkov punishes certain tanks hard, and rewards aggressive play strongly, and gently caress arti so Kharkov is good overall.

Widepark is great and if they'd reshape the derailed train just slightly to disadvantage the north team a bit more, it'd be a fine tier ten map.

Is Fisherman's Bay a city map? I just derp rush 1 line 90% of the time unless I somehow can't justify doing it. Lakeville has problems because of the valley, and removing or altering it would go a long way to making it good. Highway blows and has always blown, but it's not nearly as lovely as it used to be. Live Oaks might be good with those proposed changes. Siegfried Line is loving garbage because they didn't bother putting in the proposed changes that would have made the field less worthless, but as it stands if your team has a tier 10 medium platoon that plays field and the opposing tier 10 medium platoon just kills poo poo in city, you can't win.

Paris is trash and is broken structurally, and I don't know how they could fix it. The north is just too much of a useless killzone. It's actually pretty fun if both teams push the south and actually fight for it, then you can try to win the middle and flank the enemy, but if one team just has 5 tanks "guarding" the north and their team gets outnumbered in south it's super trash. The south has a bunch of different firing angles and leads to sweet brawls sometimes.

e: bring back Dragon Ridge and Pearl River when they remove "fix" arti

Paris has a problem because it is a collection of long straight corridors with no cover / concealment. This allows a heavily armored tank or a turreted TD to sit on the corner take a shot and then back away and repeat several times before anyone can reach them. Furthermore, due to the hub design, it is easier to realize when a medium / light is attempting to flank. The only part of the map that stops any of this is the south hub area where all the heavies go.

Lakeville is awful because half the map is not accessible or leaves you exposed for extreme periods of time. There is almost no way to shift to another area without going back to your spawn. Furthermore, the north is at a disadvantage due to road layout.

Fisherman's bay gets real interesting without arty in the game since the area north of the string of homes becomes viable.

All V shaped maps (El Haluf, Highway, Province, Mittenguard) have a serious problem in that you are highly exposed while trying to get anywhere other than one location.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Currently grinding through the AMX 12t and I hate it oh so loving much.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I remember it being a little sluggish but if you can conserve your HP until end game you can bring that auto-loader on low health tanks and murder them.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

better grind through it quick because it is gonna get even worse once it's nerfed

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

BadLlama posted:

I remember it being a little sluggish but if you can conserve your HP until end game you can bring that auto-loader on low health tanks and murder them.
You have to hit the fuckers for that to work though! It's laughably inaccurate while moving (gently caress, even while still it's worse than crap) and the bloom is atrocious.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

You have to hit the fuckers for that to work though! It's laughably inaccurate while moving (gently caress, even while still it's worse than crap) and the bloom is atrocious.

This is pretty much French Light tanks in a nutshell. Only the 59-16 might be worse and that is because its guns have anemic pen or anemic damage / dpm.

I should not, light tanks require a totally different style of play for the most part. You can use your on the move camo to help get you into positions, but you must avoid taking hits as much as possible. Different maps require different strategies. On the plus note, driving a light tank will improve your medium driving ability.

HFX fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Feb 7, 2017

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Wonder if they'll replace the AMX ELC 90mm with the stock 12t autoloader. That would balance it out right?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

you wish. it's so getting knocked down to the 75 mm SA44. probably at a lower ROF.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

What are strongholds and how do they work?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Man still bummed the 113 doesn't get the 130mm gun from the tier 9.

VVV Yeah I have no Idea how its performance is in CW and there are a ton of tanks I would take over it, but for Pub games its perfectly serviceable and fun.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Feb 7, 2017

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

What are strongholds and how do they work?

Clan on clan violence, 7v7 tier six, 10v10 tier eight, or 15v15 tier ten that no one cares to play because it's throwing money away. Clans can win boxes that can be used to upgrade buildings that can make 'reserves' that can offer temporary credit bonuses for each clan member while active and like nine other things that are substantially less useful than credit bonuses.

BadLlama posted:

Man still bummed the 113 doesn't get the 130mm gun from the tier 9.

I've played the 113 a lot* and I still think it's crap, just not nearly as atrocious as it used to be. When nothing goes wrong, the tank is fine, nothing particularly special. Just slightly above average at a lot of things. When something does go wrong it quickly becomes a liability.

*in clan wars, it's probably fine for pub games now.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Strongholds is a ton of fun and at tier 6 the competition is not very daunting at all.

But I am finding it difficult to find a clan that does strongholds regularly, but doesn't have the desire to do clan wars. Clan wars, from my limited experience, is like strongholds, but you play against better teams and wait around for long periods between battles. It's like strongholds with the fun taken out of it. I guess clan wars have the added incentive of winning gold, but I seriously doubt the value of the gold you can win approaches minimum wage for anyone but the best players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Sandbox arty changes are dumb as hell.

quote:

Bat.-Chβtillon 155 58:
Accuracy improved from 0.8 to 0.61
Aim time reduced from 5.5 to 4.5
Magazine Reload reduced from 80 to 52
Shell OCO mle. 1944 removed
Shell OE M101M4:
- Damage – reduced from 1250 to 750
- Penetration – reduced from 95 mm to 39 mm
- Splash Radius – increased from 3.97 meters to 9 meters
- Stun – 32 seconds
Shell OE M101M6:
- Damage – reduced from 1250 to 750
- Penetration – reduced from 95 mm to 39 mm
- Splash Radius – increased from 5.34 meters to 10 meters
- Stun – 32 seconds

GWE-100
Accuracy improved from 0.84 to 0.76
Aim time is reduced from 7 to 4.8
Reload time decreased from 42.5 to 39
Shell Gr. 18 Be removed
Shell Gr. 18 Stg:
- Damage – reduced from 2000 to 1100
- Penetration – reduced from 105 mm to 53 mm
- Splash Radius – increased from 6.22 meters to 14 meters
- Stun – 40 seconds
Shell Gr. 18:
- Damage – reduced from 2000 to 1100
- Penetration – reduced from 105 mm to 53 mm
- Splash Radius – increased from 9.21 meters to 15.5 meters
- Stun – 40 seconds

Conqueror Gun Carriage
Accuracy improved with 1.2 to 1.08
Aim time reduced from 8.8 to 6.1
Reload reduced from 58.1 to 52
Shell HE Mk. 18:
- Damage – reduced from 2200 to 1200
- Penetration – reduced from 117 mm to 58 mm
- Splash Radius – increased from 7.76 meters to 15 meters
- Stun – 43 seconds
Shell HE Mk. 19:
- Damage – reduced from 2200 to 1200
- Penetration – reduced from 117 mm to 58 mm
- Splash Radius – increased from 11.1 meters to 16.7 meters
- Stun – 43 seconds

T92
Accuracy improved from 0.92 to 0.83
Aim time reduced from 8 to 5.9
Reload reduced from 53 to 49
Shell M114 / M78 removed
Shell HE M146:
- Damage – reduced from 2250 to 1300
- Penetration – reduced from 120 mm to 60 mm
- Splash Radius – increased from 8.13 meters to 15 meters
- Stun – 45 seconds
Shell HE M160:
- Damage – reduced from 2250 to 1300
- Penetration – reduced from 120 mm to 60 mm
- Splash radius – increased from 11.64 meters to 16.7 meters
- Stun – 45 seconds

Object 261
Accuracy improved from 0.66 to 0.59
Aim time reduced from 6.5 to 4.5
Reload reduced from 35 to 32
Shell UBR-600 removed
Shell F-600D:
- Damage – reduced from 1700 to 900
- Penetration – reduced from 102 mm to 45 mm
- Splash radius – increased from 4.91 meters to 11 meters
- Stun – 38 seconds
Shell F-600BM:
- Damage – reduced from 1700 to 900
- Penetration – reduced from 102 mm to 45 mm
- Splash radius – upgraded with 7.28 meters to 12.7 meters
- Stun – 38 seconds

Arty now does about 400 DPM, provided that you actually manage to do damage with your 40 mm of HE pen.