Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Guy Goodbody posted:

Mulitple goons don't know what cats or dogs look like, I guess

It looks like a cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

In my defense I owned a Main Coon which is the most doglike of cats.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Boosh! posted:

It looks like a cat.

It really doesn't

Detective Thompson posted:

Don't know too much about this besides a vague "Dad protects his family from something evil in the woods outside their house" summary, but the poster hits some really good notes for me.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I welcome all cat derails.

Maine Coon:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

They said fluffy cat. The cat pictured in your post is practically bald.

The dog in the photo could sorta kinda maybe be mistaken for something along these lines:

#NOTALLCATS

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
It's clearly a dog because you can't put a leash on a cat, jesus christ.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well I mean, you can. Results vary.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

We don't need explanations. Just this:

Peanut President posted:

It's clearly a dog because you can't put a leash on a cat, jesus christ.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Maine Coons?

Here's my little badass. She's a bit undersized at 18lbs, but she rules the house and has my 100lb Lab-Mastiff mix terrified.

Anyhow back to posters:

Pirates 5. Not really a fan of this. Seems too busy and unbalanced, like they just took everything and slapped it on there.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

If that isn't a lenticular poster where Johnny Depp's face turns into a skull as you walk past it, someone done goofed up.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

caligulamprey posted:

If that isn't a lenticular poster where Johnny Depp's face turns into a skull as you walk past it, someone done goofed up.

OK, maybe it's composite of all views. I could live with that if at one extreme no skulls and then everything else fades out as the skulls come into play.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Mods, please change my name to Extreme No Skulls, thanks.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
A posters that's just a closeup of Johnny Depp's face with

SKULLS

COME

INTO

PLAY

over it

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Just make the cast of the Pirates movies 100% skeletons already, jeez.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

flosofl posted:

Maine Coons?

Here's my little badass. She's a bit undersized at 18lbs, but she rules the house and has my 100lb Lab-Mastiff mix terrified.

Anyhow back to posters:

Pirates 5. Not really a fan of this. Seems too busy and unbalanced, like they just took everything and slapped it on there.

That is a fan poster. There's no way it's not. I mean, first off, there's a "designed by some guy" at the bottom, and the other give away is Orlando Bloom needs to look more Davy Jones-ish. Like in the trailer. SAD!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Huh. Somehow I don't see this poster making it into theaters.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

flosofl posted:

Why is Avril Lavigne in this movie?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Oh c'mon she doesn't look that much like a skull.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I was gonna say "where's her necktie" but the ship looks like a cravat at a glance

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Is "Reloaded" really the tagline they want to go with for a Keanu Reeves sequel?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

kiimo posted:

I can't wait for John Wick twate!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

"go go"? i mean i figured they'd be wearing sexy cop outfits or something but hey, as long as I get my moneys worth

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

The open mouths make them look kind dumb.

edit: I listened to the newest You Must Remember This and a movie came up that made me laugh so I'm sharing it with you.

It's the lead actor's name that really gets me.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

McSpanky posted:

I was gonna say "where's her necktie" but the ship looks like a cravat at a glance

It's a dravog.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

DC Murderverse posted:

It's the lead actor's name that really gets me.

http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0185304/

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

This poster is loving gross

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

This poster is loving gross

I am so tired of movie posters that desperately want me to see each of the actor's individual pores.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Disgusting, unkempt pirate somehow better groomed than actor who plays him.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

kiimo posted:

Wasn't there some rule about guns, that they can't point directly at the viewer?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Not with Trump in office!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

This poster cracks me up

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It looks like an MS Paint poster.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

THE BAR posted:

Wasn't there some rule about guns, that they can't point directly at the viewer?

I'm not sure worldwide, but the UK Advertising Standards Authority doesn't like it.

quote:

Marketers have a little more leeway if the image reflects the nature of the product on offer but should always take care to avoid offence or condoning the use of weapons. [...]
Marketers should be aware that images of weapons and implied violence are likely to offend some consumers, especially when used in more untargeted media such as posters or where children are likely to see them. [...] Generally, marketers should avoid showing weapons pointing directly at the reader or guns that look as if they have just been fired.

quote:

Marketers who depict weapons should take great care to ensure that the approach is suitable both for the product being advertised and the intended audience. Marketers should not imply that weapons are an everyday part of life or can solve problems (Universal Music Group, 4 January 2006). As a general rule, marketers should avoid depicting weapons that are pointing directly or aggressively at the reader because such images can be threatening and can cause unnecessary fear and distress. In rejecting complaints about a poster for the TV series “Dexter” the ASA took into account the fact that the knife was not being used in a threatening manner, was not aimed at another character or reader and was not bloodstained. (Fox International Channels UK Ltd, 9 January 2008). But, even if a weapon is shown pointing away from the reader, advertisements featuring prominent shots of guns or guns being brandished in an aggressive manner are likely to be unacceptable (Entertainment Film Distributors Ltd, 21 November 2007).

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Item Getter posted:

Is "Reloaded" really the tagline they want to go with for a Keanu Reeves sequel?

Well it does have Laurence Fishburne...

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

McSpanky posted:

Having lived rurally most of my childhood, the imagery of your dog straining at their leash at something just beyond that sequestering cloak of darkness surrounding your property is pretty evocative.

I agree, it's powerful for anyone who spent some of their lives in the bush.

I think what it needs, though, is for the dog's ears to be flattened right back.

That would have freaked me the gently caress out if I was walking a dog a night and it did that.

Of course, then even fewer goon would be able to tell if it was a cat or not :ughh:

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Feb 8, 2017

Parachute
May 18, 2003
show the hair raised on the spine, too.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

kiimo posted:

Nitpick, but they could have lined the TW with the O a little better.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

THE BAR posted:

Precisely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
So the first one wasnt hanging up anywhere either?