Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

McGavin posted:

Sandbox arty changes are dumb as hell.

Arty now does about 400 DPM, provided that you actually manage to do damage with your 40 mm of HE pen.

the effective damage reduction isn't that bad, you deal way wider splash damage and your acc is way way way better so you're not straight-up whiffing every other shot any longer

but sure it's still a bit lower since SPGs also debuff now - but you're not at all getting the full picture just from looking at those notes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

McGavin posted:

Arty now does about 400 DPM, provided that you actually manage to do damage with your 40 mm of HE pen.

Good, now the next step will be to just remove them and give everyone free xp equal to the xp it took them to get.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Considering how severely the're nerfing the damage, I figured they'd lower the reload more than single-digit amounts.

e: also holy poo poo the CGC is getting shafted, compared to the T92.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

here's the bloom changes that they didn't include in that stat dump btw:

GWE 100
turret bloom reduced from 0,52 to 0,45
track bloom unchanged, 0,3

T92
turret bloom reduced from 0,62 to 0,45
track bloom reduced from 0,42 to 0,3

CGC

turret bloom reduced from 0,72 to 0,7
track bloom reduced from 0,36 to 0,3

BC155 58
turret bloom reduced from 0,6 to 0,45
track bloom increased 0,4 to 0,5

Object 261
turret bloom reduced from 0,48 to 0,275
track bloom reduced from 0,3 to 0,2

and yeah the T92 is a big winner here while the CGC just does the same thing, worse. 261 comes out cool as hell beta hummel

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Bat Chat arty keeps its auto-loader yes?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

BadLlama posted:

Bat Chat arty keeps its auto-loader yes?

yeah, but with 3 shells. it's good at picking someone and making sure he's stunned and tracked for 25 secs. splash is (still) pretty poo poo otoh.

also i just penned an STB-1 for his last 754 hp so that was nice

Prav fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Feb 7, 2017

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I wonder if they realize that the stun mechanic will just encourage more camping and discourage probing because lights and mediums will be afraid of getting splashed trying to scout and shot to oblivion.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
That basically makes artillery completely useless then, 400dpm at tier 10 with the trade off that you can make a tank sit still for a few seconds while your garbage team ignore it in favour of trying to shoot the front of an E-100. Hellsau is right, theres no point doing that, just remove them from the game.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

serious gaylord posted:

That basically makes artillery completely useless then, 400dpm at tier 10 with the trade off that you can make a tank sit still for a few seconds while your garbage team ignore it in favour of trying to shoot the front of an E-100. Hellsau is right, theres no point doing that, just remove them from the game.

You don't make them sit still either (barring tracking), just a 50% crew skill penalty

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

BadLlama posted:

Good, now the next step will be to just remove them and give everyone free xp equal to the xp it took them to get.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Azhais posted:

You don't make them sit still either (barring tracking), just a 50% crew skill penalty

lol if you think that a tank should be completely immobilized for the 40 second duration of the stun

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Azhais posted:

just a 50% crew penalty. Doesn't that result in like 100m less view range or more.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Azhais posted:

Thats even worse.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

BadLlama posted:

just give them a loving TOG

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
This is certainly one way to make the LeFUHH completely worthless. Or hey, maybe it'll be the only arty that still works the old way.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

This is certainly one way to make the LeFUHH completely worthless. Or hey, maybe it'll be the only arty that still works the old way.

Permastunning targets will give you XP, and between accuracy and higher splash you will never have a shot that doesn't dosomething.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i am playing on the sandbox and it works well and is enjoyable

SPGs deal less damage but between the improved acc, splash and rof they can still end up topping the team. the debuff effect is noticeable and relevant without being crippling. typical duration is 15-18 seconds.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
Have you been on the receiving end of the stun yet? Sounds like a pretty substantial hit of what sounds like a crew of tier 4 scrubs in a tier 9 tank

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Pop a heal and play it safer for the next minute or so.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

ROFLburger posted:

Have you been on the receiving end of the stun yet? Sounds like a pretty substantial hit of what sounds like a crew of tier 4 scrubs in a tier 9 tank

On the first sandbox, it felt like losing a crew member for the stun, you could still do things, just it was slower. Got really hard to hit things though, since you'd get super aimbloom for the duration. But that was better then having the dice roll come up and instantly send me to the garage.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Changing consumables to the World of Warships system gives me a huge boner. Having a damaged ammorack for the whole game or gently caress christ a damaged ammo rack and a dead loader at endgame is lovely as all hell.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i don't mind the standard kit, but a the gold one giving a full repair every 60 secs makes crits a bit of a joke

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

That basically makes artillery completely useless then,

We can hope.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I made my own clan for shits and giggles, is there any way for me to participate in stronghold battles and get resources without making 4 more accounts?

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

I think you can invite clanless people to the team.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
You can invite people who are in clans now too.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Stunning is healed by using a medkit, which are now going to be reusable on a 90/60 second cooldown. Arti stun is 100% worthless except against complete dipshits that don't use consumables, which are players you don't actually need to be stunning because they already have a 50%+ crew penalty.

Also given that low pen HE stops functioning after a point, I'm really worried that direct hits are going to be substantially worse than splashes. You already get stuff like hitting the tracks of a tank will deal less damage than hitting the ground right besides the tracks, that kind of crap is counterintuitive nonsense.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I need to remind everyone that the first Sandbox test resulted in a lot of feedback and absolutely no response from Wargaming for months. This arti stuff isn't getting into the game before 2018, probably 2019 if they actually bother testing everything at the same pace they have been. The Sandbox is kind of a joke - Wargaming knew they needed to pretend they actually care about changing longstanding problems, so they threw out the Sandbox, and then they did literally nothing with it for a couple months so no one bothered logging into the Sandbox anymore so they took it down. You cannot do a testing environment like this on the timetable that Wargaming has been running it, because if you're not doing nightly or at least weekly iterations, people aren't going to bother continuing to test

serious gaylord posted:

400 applied DPM on any tank from range is actually pretty good. If you can reliably get 400 damage out per minute with an arti, that's 2000 damage in a five minute game. Just gotta focus on splashing multiple enemies at once to get higher damage output. poo poo, I'm under 2000 DPM on the M53 as it is, because some games I'll hit five 700+ shots in a row, and some games I'll sit there and aim at a stationary broadside 50100 and shoot 5 tanks and get 50 damage out of it. If arti can actually get their shots in reliably then it'd be real nice.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Either the gold medkits reduce the duration of arty stun by ~75% on top of the 60 second cooldown or heavies get a natural stun resistance. My batchat 58 was getting direct hits on a Type 5 and only stunning him for 8 seconds per hit.

Also everyone is playing arty but limited to 3 per team so queues are like 5 minutes long.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

McGavin posted:

Either the gold medkits reduce the duration of arty stun by ~75% on top of the 60 second cooldown or heavies get a natural stun resistance. My batchat 58 was getting direct hits on a Type 5 and only stunning him for 8 seconds per hit.

Also everyone is playing arty but limited to 3 per team so queues are like 5 minutes long.

Yeah I was confused about thay as well since the notes mention crazy stuns like 47 seconds.

Maybe it scales with how much potential damage you do?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

What are everyone's thoughts on the Swedish lines so far? I'm only up to Tier V on both branches and I can't say I'm terribly impressed with either of them.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

McGavin posted:

everyone's using spall liners, which reduce stun time.

it's also scaled by, i believe, damage. so your max stun is cut in half from not penning, and then reduced a bit more from damage absorbed by armor, down to a minimum of 30% of the full duration.

earlier i managed to direct-hit a maus for zero damage, but he still got stunned for 8 seconds.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

What are everyone's thoughts on the Swedish lines so far? I'm only up to Tier V on both branches and I can't say I'm terribly impressed with either of them.

Swedish TDs: Dogshot garbage trash.
Swedish HTs: Hilarious broken OP in certain situations, decently good in all other.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i like the Strv 74. it's maybe not the strongest in the tier since it's so fragile, but it's very pleasant to play because of the impeccable gun handling. a huge step up from the m/42.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
swedish tds: garbabe up to t9.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Michaellaneous posted:

Swedish TDs: Dogshot garbage trash.
Swedish HTs: Hilarious broken OP in certain situations, decently good in all other.

This guy is wrong. The udes is really just delightful. Siege mode while active makes hull traverse leave your camo/periscope on, the gun has fearsome pen and great damage. The udes specifically can do some tricks to peek over hills and obstacles by using the siege mode track hydraulics. It also goes fast and looks kinda cool. The camo rating is tubular.

"But the 2 second transition to and from siege mode will get you killed!"

Its two seconds people, if you are needing to flee, slap the x key and hold S, you have all of the acceleration and a ludicrously high reverse speed.

"But the enemy mediums and lights will just circle around you murdering you!"

First off, either you set yourself up in a big open field or you drove straight into the heart of the enemy. You belong on a ridge using your funky hydraulics to perform ridiculous tricks. Important to note, you spin like a goddamn top in siege mode.

At the end of the day the UDES functions like a very low profile skorpion G.

It is an extremely dangerous base defender. If the game is going to poo poo, go back to base and find a nice place to sit and rain invisible death down on people from.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hellsau posted:

Stunning is healed by using a medkit, which are now going to be reusable on a 90/60 second cooldown. Arti stun is 100% worthless except against complete dipshits that don't use consumables, which are players you don't actually need to be stunning because they already have a 50%+ crew penalty.

when someone uses a medkit to clear a stun, shoot him again and again for crew kills he'll be stuck with :mrgw:

the gold kits might be a bit too good though

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

From playing the UDES I also learned a valuable lesson. Unless you are in something with a good speed and a ton of HP, or are the master of fakeouts, you will never make it close enough to see and shoot back at the UDES shooting you. With camo net, 80% camo skill, and a bush, your visibility drops to minimum.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
the udes introduces you to the whole concept, but it still hot garbage. you can do some damage if the enemy team is utterly incompetent, but its completely unreliable. the t9 is significantly more workable. think i got through the udes an atrocious winrate in the 40s before i free xped out of it. doing around 64 in the t9, after aprox 100 games. something is really strange with the mastery ranks on it though. a 5k damage is apparently only enough for 3rd mastery

e: should probably mention that damage output wise i'm still underperfoming in the t9. doing worse in it than in the other t9s ive played recently

Truck Stop Daddy fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Feb 8, 2017

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Prav posted:

everyone's using spall liners, which reduce stun time.

it's also scaled by, i believe, damage. so your max stun is cut in half from not penning, and then reduced a bit more from damage absorbed by armor, down to a minimum of 30% of the full duration.

earlier i managed to direct-hit a maus for zero damage, but he still got stunned for 8 seconds.

So they finally made spall liners somewhat useful. I am kind of wondering what the effect it will have on lights/ mediums / heavies with soft engine decks / unarmored heavies.

I am happy to see them make the medikits more like in boats. I was actually thinking the game could benefit with a medikit has x number of charges corresponding to how many crew members it could heal before it was used up. Repair kits would be infinite with a variable cool down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

It's a turretless TD so by default it's garbage.