Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Deceptive Thinker posted:

When did you check this? Our employee store told me today they were able to order the 3 SKUs they didn't have in (D,V,L)

edit: afaik they can't order unless all pending orders from the warehouse they order from have been filled or are in the process of being filled

Please buy me two cases of each, no joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Tighclops posted:

I'm still waiting for a Transformers cartoon to actually depict the robots as having shiny metallic parts like BW did, even if they couldn't render shadows until the last season

Beast Wars couldn't even afford a render farm - they had to record the playback on their monitors, and start over if they dropped any frames.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

strangehamster posted:

Please buy me two cases of each, no joke.

If I did this for you, I'd have to do it for everyone; that'd create a bit of a problem for me. Especially if they saw the prices (which, I think I've posted about in the thread before).

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

If I did this for you, I'd have to do it for everyone; that'd create a bit of a problem for me. Especially if they saw the prices (which, I think I've posted about in the thread before).

It's okay, would it be easier to get me a job there?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Til All Are One dropped a little bombshell in that Carcer isn't really Carcer

another thing to add to the list of Better Twists Than Tarn's Identity.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

We knew from early on that something along those lines was going to happen. I was assuming they attacked and murdered another Titan after their own died but this is looking more interesting.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Can they just sell you a case there? Like they don't cap you at one toy for yourself or a family member?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Robot Style posted:

Beast Wars couldn't even afford a render farm - they had to record the playback on their monitors, and start over if they dropped any frames.

Holy poo poo. If they'd of had a render farm I wonder if the show would have looked more like Babylon 5? That would have been really weird.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ooooh Beast Wars throwback toy chat. Does anyone still own Magnaboss and is he as terrible as I remember?

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Anora posted:

Can they just sell you a case there? Like they don't cap you at one toy for yourself or a family member?

They pretty much reserve a case for people who ask. The star wars black series stuff, and magic boxes on release days is a bit more cutthroat and limit 1 or 2

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Tighclops posted:

Holy poo poo. If they'd of had a render farm I wonder if the show would have looked more like Babylon 5? That would have been really weird.

It probably would have looked the same, but might have sped things up since they'd be able to send their renders to a farm and keep working rather than lock up their machines by doing them locally.

Here's a behind the scenes video that gives a glimpse into the world of mid-90's computer animation.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Beast wars throwback chat: can I get 3D printed replacement bits for the powdery remains of Grimlocks gold bits somewhere?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Rhyno posted:

Ooooh Beast Wars throwback toy chat. Does anyone still own Magnaboss and is he as terrible as I remember?

Yes and yes.

Seconding this. Fantastic figures. Move fast, because they tend to sell out.

Edit: And two of them are sold out, in fact. I would definitely try to track them down, though.

Keldroc fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Feb 9, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sockser posted:

Beast wars throwback chat: can I get 3D printed replacement bits for the powdery remains of Grimlocks gold bits somewhere?

YES. I will see if I can find the guy who was working on it.

Keldroc posted:

Yes and yes.

Just give me yours then.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Just give me yours then.

I can't do that to anyone.

Also I haven't seen it in years. I wonder if Silverbolt has crumbled into a pile of GPS at this point.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Tripredacus is vastly better. Still a pretty great combiner IMHO. Of course one of my Cicada missiles broke (which is common apparently) but the rest's in excellent shape.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I owned them yeeeeeaaaaars ago. But I have very little recollection if they were good or not.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rhyno posted:

I owned them yeeeeeaaaaars ago. But I have very little recollection if they were good or not.
You're going to take it out the box and complain it lacks both the size and smell of your current chynesium addiction.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spiderdrake posted:

You're going to take it out the box and complain it lacks both the size and smell of your current chynesium addiction.

Somebody should KOOS that dude.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Blackheart posted:

Tripredacus is vastly better. Still a pretty great combiner IMHO. Of course one of my Cicada missiles broke (which is common apparently) but the rest's in excellent shape.

They're both bad, IMO, but Tripredacus has a much better combined mode with much better individual components. Sea Clamp is pretty great just on his own. The Magnaboss components are just as terrible as Magnaboss himself.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I've been meaning to buy a Tripredacus to replace the hole in my nostalgia for quite some time now. I should really set up an eBay alert on that one.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Keldroc posted:

They're both bad, IMO, but Tripredacus has a much better combined mode with much better individual components. Sea Clamp is pretty great just on his own. The Magnaboss components are just as terrible as Magnaboss himself.

Sea Clamp is the toy that got me back into Transformers 25 years later. Tripredacus is pretty cool but the beetle is terrible.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The transformation is tricky but the last time I transformed him I found that my memory of it was very exaggerated. Outside of that it's got a great insect mode and a cool robot mode with an opening mouth! Sadly he's the weakest part of the combined mode, the arms.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Marmaduke! posted:

The last ten or so bits of feedback for the Chinese guy I bought my Ironhide from are all angry rants from disgruntled nerds who haven't received their robobarbies so I don't hold out much hope for receiving mine. Still, it's not officially late until March (I bought it late December!) and it has a proper tracking ID so I won't freak out just yet. I guess for £20 it's to be expected!

My most recent one of these was a KO Thundercracker, and that had proper tracking which stopped once it arrived in the U.K.

So far every time I've had one of these problem sales the tracking has gone through the same Chinese post office and "cast member" so if your tracking says anything about "cast member: Chen Aiyin" then you're unlikely to see anything and it's the same dude on their millionth account.

Guy gets around.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
That sounds worrying :ohdear:

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

How come the Optimus Prime pen has way more articulation than pretty much anything else I've seen at that size?
Just got him delivered today and he's great. (Not transformed him yet, using him as a deskbot)

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

mehall posted:

How come the Optimus Prime pen has way more articulation than pretty much anything else I've seen at that size?
Just got him delivered today and he's great. (Not transformed him yet, using him as a deskbot)

Because Sentinel

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

That sounds worrying :ohdear:

You'll get your money back through PayPal you just have to wait until the end of the delivery window. I guess the scam is to withdraw all the money and then open a new account with different details so you can do it again and PayPal/eBay take the hit on the refunds with only ghosts to chase for their money back.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

History Comes Inside! posted:

You'll get your money back through PayPal you just have to wait until the end of the delivery window. I guess the scam is to withdraw all the money and then open a new account with different details so you can do it again and PayPal/eBay take the hit on the refunds with only ghosts to chase for their money back.

Well, he's been selling since May 2016, and has got all sorts of good feedback from established buyers. There's some crazy deals for that seller though. MP-5 Megatron for less than 30 quid is real :stare: territory. Also, the MP-alike Fanstoys Tesla/Perceptor for about £48 will be mine if he comes through on these guys.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Well, he's been selling since May 2016, and has got all sorts of good feedback from established buyers. There's some crazy deals for that seller though. MP-5 Megatron for less than 30 quid is real :stare: territory. Also, the MP-alike Fanstoys Tesla/Perceptor for about £48 will be mine if he comes through on these guys.

Yeah, they seem to just switch. The example I'm referring to had a couple thousand positive feedbacks going back months and then it just went to poo poo as people realised nothing was being delivered anymore and the account got shut down.

I'm not trying to harsh your buzz, hopefully you're one of the lucky ones that got in early enough to actually get your poo poo and generate the wave of positive feedback they want right as they start pulling the plug. It's just got all the flashing lights and sirens that accompany most current eBay scams. If you can afford to live without the money for a couple of months waiting for the potential refund then go whole hog, I'd do the same thing just on the off chance of getting a bargain.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Feb 9, 2017

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Keldroc posted:

I can't do that to anyone.

Also I haven't seen it in years. I wonder if Silverbolt has crumbled into a pile of GPS at this point.

Speaking of which, I finally bit the bullet and bought a MISB Japanese Metals (Transmetal) Megatron over the weekend. I really really hope the rumors are true and his plastic formulation is different enough that he won't die of GPS.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

It's often times a sign of a hacked account.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Finally got a Triggerhappy. Had to go through ebay cuz yea, don't seem to see any of these bots in stores. This guy is like way beyond A+ grade. Like maaaan. Such a good spaceship and so many gun.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Magnaboss and Tripredacus are both not very good but I still have them both and Tripredacus is way better and at least can look straight ahead which was a big thing for me when I had them out and about.

Got the Ray, Shark and Fish of Poseidon and they're pretty good!! Getting the Manta into animal mode is a bit trick cos you have to get it just right.

Steel Pest is the most handsome boy of all time.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Good Listener posted:

Finally got a Triggerhappy. Had to go through ebay cuz yea, don't seem to see any of these bots in stores. This guy is like way beyond A+ grade. Like maaaan. Such a good spaceship and so many gun.

Ugh I think this might be my route.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Ugh I think this might be my route.

I got tired of waiting for any of them to pop up in store. I'm sure the next time I'm out I'll run into them but oh well!

Actually with how scarce they seem, this probably won't be the case but...ehhh

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Speaking of which, I finally bit the bullet and bought a MISB Japanese Metals (Transmetal) Megatron over the weekend. I really really hope the rumors are true and his plastic formulation is different enough that he won't die of GPS.

GPS isn't the problem with TM Megatron, it's just weak plastic on a really thin piece. The Takara one uses higher quality plastic for that piece and I have never seen anyone reporting the breakage problem with it. Should be fine.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The latest rumored toys are the expected Misfire and Twintwist but also apparently Windblade remolded from Highbrow.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Just messed with Sunsurge and Wardog. I think I could get Sunsurge back into car mode if I ever wanted to touch it again, but I don't think I can say the same for Wardog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The MSJ posted:

The latest rumored toys are the expected Misfire and Twintwist but also apparently Windblade remolded from Highbrow.

Another Waifu Windblade? The RID one is already perfect.