Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

T1g4h posted:

Did... did you just call TLAD dreadful?

Psion, I will fight you <:mad:>

yes

even if it wasn't bad (it was though) it was the wrong thing to be the first DLC for GTAIV, considering all the criticism of 4's main story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I_Socom
Jul 18, 2007

A great ride that requires finesse and effort to get the best out of it.

If I've got GTAV on Xbox 360 and then upgraded to PS4 and transferred my character, is it then possible to transfer (either the 360 or the PS4 character) to PC?

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

I_Socom posted:

If I've got GTAV on Xbox 360 and then upgraded to PS4 and transferred my character, is it then possible to transfer (either the 360 or the PS4 character) to PC?

Afaik no, you can't transfer characters multiple times but I could be wrong. Rockstar does have something about this on their support page.
https://support.rockstargames.com/h...-Xbox-One-or-PC

Also this:

quote:

Character transfers for GTA Online will be discontinued as of March 6, 2017

I_Socom
Jul 18, 2007

A great ride that requires finesse and effort to get the best out of it.

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Afaik no, you can't transfer characters multiple times but I could be wrong. Rockstar does have something about this on their support page.
https://support.rockstargames.com/h...-Xbox-One-or-PC

Also this:

Aha! This is really useful, thanks!

According to the R* page I can only transfer from Xbox 360 once... but there's an even better option. I _can_ transfer my PS4 character to PC and keep playing on both (with separate progress, obvs). That's actually better than transferring my Xbox 360 character since I can keep all the progress I've made on PS4. Just need to pick up GTAV and transfer before March 6!

I_Socom fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Feb 9, 2017

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Psion posted:

yes

even if it wasn't bad (it was though) it was the wrong thing to be the first DLC for GTAIV, considering all the criticism of 4's main story
It wasn't the first DLC and it was indeed v good and an improvement over IV.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Psion posted:

e: More seriously, it's been years but I seeeeeeeeeeeeem to remember Rockstar being pretty disappointed in the attach rate for GTA IV's DLC so I imagine they're quite shy about trying it again with V, even though - hopefully - they'd learn the right lessons and make something like BOGT instead of the dreadful TLAD and probably do better on the attach rate.

Because they launched the DLC as an xbox exclusive for a year. By the time it came out for PS interest in the game had cooled considerably unlike what V is now.

Jose Mengelez posted:

they said it couldn't be done, so multifive are doing it.

Actually before the game launched Leslie Benzies said the engine was designed specifically to do it. :P

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Actually,

https://fat.gfycat.com/WindingRewardingBoutu.webm

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Rockstar doesn't allow no-contact in parachute races because they are morally bankrupt.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Cage posted:

It wasn't the first DLC and it was indeed v good and an improvement over IV.

yes it was. TLAD came out in February, BOGT was in October (both 2009)

Buschmaki posted:

Rockstar doesn't allow no-contact in parachute races because they are morally bankrupt.

Zesty complains a lot about people cheating and how they aren't allowed to cheat and yet here he is, being a dirty cheater at parachuting

makes you wonder!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Psion posted:

yes it was. TLAD came out in February, BOGT was in October (both 2009)

Zesty complains a lot about people cheating and how they aren't allowed to cheat and yet here he is, being a dirty cheater at parachuting

makes you wonder!
I thought we were talking about TBOGT coming out earlier. Oops.

e: You can still keep score I dont mind ;)

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

yeah I was wondering if you were mixing those up so I took the snark out ;)

BitBasher posted:

Because they launched the DLC as an xbox exclusive for a year.

6 months for BOGT, the only one that matters. ;)

Remember though, Microsoft put up fifty million on these things to pay for development and - again, assuming I remember right - Rockstar was still unhappy with their ROI. Do I think they could do better with GTAV, absolutely, but has their DLC strategy for the last 3 years been anything other than low-risk, no. If they hadn't committed to heists prior to launch I don't think they ever would have made them, considering how they stand out against every other content pack for GTAV.

so you take that together with them making money hand over fist as-is and that's why I don't think they're going to make any for V. I'd be happy to be wrong but :shrug:

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Feb 9, 2017

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Psion posted:

"Hey, this was a fun time."
"Yeah, well gently caress YOU."

Seriously, dude?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

That's the only way you can interpret that post? No other possibilities present themselves?

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Can't you guys just murder each other like respectable, normal human beings?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Anyone encounter a situation where you keep getting spawned out of your car while driving? It happened to me several times and the last time it happened another player spawned into my car and drove off. I'm guessing this is a thing hackers do now?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Hackers been doing that for as long as GTAO has existed

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

FuturePastNow posted:

Hackers been doing that for as long as GTAO has existed

and Rockstar can't do anything about it? lame.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
I'd call it inconsequential, this late in the game.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Agrajag posted:

and Rockstar can't do anything about it? lame.

Not that they can't, just that they won't.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

In beginner's news, I stole me an F620 and got it trackered and insured. And then painted it brown.

And then I lost a LTS and a stunt race in successive order. Seriously, gently caress the windmill track.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

widespread posted:

In beginner's news, I stole me an F620 and got it trackered and insured. And then painted it brown.

And then I lost a LTS and a stunt race in successive order. Seriously, gently caress the windmill track.

Turbine is great, you just gotta play it enough so this happens
https://fat.gfycat.com/SleepySolidCrossbill.webm

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Psion posted:

Turbine is great, you just gotta play it enough so this happens
https://fat.gfycat.com/SleepySolidCrossbill.webm

Oh. I just... stay on the right. And not pick the bike.

Also, is it reasonable to switch between controller and KB+M in terms of races?

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

widespread posted:

Yeah, I swap between gamepad when driving am M+KB for on foot or shooting in vehicles and it works fine.

It's just when you try to use them at the same time it goes weird. Trying to move with the gamepad while aiming and shooting with the mouse causes you to randomly drop your gun or start recording replays :downs:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Icedude posted:

Yeah, I swap between gamepad when driving am M+KB for on foot or shooting in vehicles and it works fine.

It's just when you try to use them at the same time it goes weird. Trying to move with the gamepad while aiming and shooting with the mouse causes you to randomly drop your gun or start recording replays :downs:

Okay cool because- and I'm sure you can agree to this- you simply cannot race without an analog throttle. Like... you just can't.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

widespread posted:

Oh. I just... stay on the right. And not pick the bike.

a custom BF400 is actually the best vehicle for that race but I think we were all doing Raid/Trophy to make it more interesting. Anyway, sometimes you don't go right - sometimes the left is the way to go. It's about judging the turbine blades. And sometimes just getting wrecked and poo poo happens :shrug:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

widespread posted:

Okay cool because- and I'm sure you can agree to this- you simply cannot race without an analog throttle. Like... you just can't.
:smug:

Not that I have an exceptionally good record. I still mostly lose.

sigseven
May 8, 2003

That was heavy.

Psion posted:

a custom BF400 is actually the best vehicle for that race but I think we were all doing Raid/Trophy to make it more interesting.

If you choose a bike on the only stunt race with the Trophy Truck when there's a half dozen other bike-only stunt races, well, I won't feel the least bit sorry when this happens:
https://fat.gfycat.com/BasicTemptingBeetle.webm

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

sigseven posted:

If you choose a bike on the only stunt race with the Trophy Truck when there's a half dozen other bike-only stunt races, well, I won't feel the least bit sorry when this happens:
Thats great. I hope he didnt die when hitting the pole and just went flying for a few hundred meters.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

sigseven posted:

hahaha that's fantastic

the race is genuinely better if everyone goes trophy/raid anyway, so this is fine with me

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Psion posted:

hahaha that's fantastic

the race is genuinely better if everyone goes trophy/raid anyway, so this is fine with me

https://gfycat.com/TalkativeOptimisticAstarte

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

sigseven posted:

The Sanchez still wins this and every other off-road race every time.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

You spelled BF400 wrong.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Yeah the bf400 is objectively faster

sigseven
May 8, 2003

That was heavy.

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

Sanchez or BF400, I have won Turbine several times with the Trophy Truck even with bikes in the mix.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I'm totally back into this again since (1) the car warehouse became 25% off, and (2) no one in free aim does PVP.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Dear God, watching Aardmania set MrMoop's hooker on fire might be one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Wee Bairns posted:

Dear God, watching Aardmania set MrMoop's hooker on fire might be one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Given the names in this post, I'm going to guess this involves a Ruiner, a Cargobob, fireworks, and some sort of mishap on Moop's part.

You haven't lived until you've done proxy mines at the inside of Vanilla Uicorn, though.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Random stuff, a lot of it featuring the Ruiner 2000..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlw-emzmpXs

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Wee Bairns posted:

Random stuff, a lot of it featuring the Ruiner 2000..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlw-emzmpXs

:allears:

I am very glad I got to be a part of this last night, and yet sad I missed about half of it. Rocket Car Cargobob JATO could be a fun experiment I would like to be a part of. :science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation

PYF Dick Move

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDvhA8wNcD8

• Locked thread