Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

As someone with a 1.5 hour round trip train commute each day the Switch is the perfect device for me and easily justifies launch day. A mobile console Zelda is something I've dreamed of since I was a little kid. Sorry that you guys don't enjoy fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Liver Disaster posted:

At least the wii isn't ugly.

I dunno man, 480p looks pretty fugly to me.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

The switch seemed cool but idk just feel like Nintendo is just doing the Wii-u debacle over again and rushing something out. A lot of the seemingly cool features are limited or not what we expected and yeah the console doesn't have poo poo for like 9 months. It looked good on paper initially but yeah, meh.

I mean the Wii-u didn't have smash bros or Mario kart for what, like almost two years?

Don't get me wrong it'll still sell like hot cakes and be largely popular

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Kirios posted:

As someone with a 1.5 hour round trip train commute each day the Switch is the perfect device for me and easily justifies launch day. A mobile console Zelda is something I've dreamed of since I was a little kid. Sorry that you guys don't enjoy fun.

Enjoy it? I hate it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

If Sony or Microsoft released a console with the equivalent library of the wiiu they'd be the laughing stock of gaming.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Also it's not just another Mario Kart it's the best Mario Kart of all time.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Can't wait to play and buy--again--wiiu smash bros and Mario kart on the switch

Oh wait they added a new track nvm

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I mean, yeah? Did you ever play Goon races on MK8? That poo poo got intense and was a complete blast, looking forward to round 2.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm thinking of replacing my base PS4 with a Pro, but how much better does it look if I don't have a 4k TV? Still worth it?

(It helps that I have a white PS4 from the Destiny bundle so I can apparently sell it for significantly more than a normal one)

Just wait for Destiny 2 this Fall, maybe they'll have a white PS4 Pro!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Maybe a miracle will happen and Nioh will be downloaded when I get home

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Policenaut posted:

Just wait for Destiny 2 this Fall, maybe they'll have a white PS4 Pro!

but I want mass effect to look pretty for maximum alien banging

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Can't wait to play and buy--again--wiiu smash bros and Mario kart on the switch
This but unironically. Mobile Wii-U games is gonna be awesome. Can't wait til they port Mario Maker.

Idk, if you really like Nintendo games then the Switch release calendar is pretty exciting. Zelda at launch, Mario Kart 8 right after, Splatoon 2 this summer, and a new freakin Mario this winter. Not bad

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

man i cannot wait for when the update comes out to people who didn't bother to enter the beta. i want to be able to put game installs to an external hard drive instead of getting a new drive to swap in. i've been downloading ffxv for 3 loving days and don't want to re-download everything i've bought

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

If Sony or Microsoft released a console with the equivalent library of the wiiu they'd be the laughing stock of gaming.

They'd just have to come out and say they're not competing with the competition and are doing their own things and the enthusiast press will jump through any logical hoops to defend it. If you really think about it, Nintendo enjoys a level of consumer love that just about any corporation would kill to have. They can pretty much do no wrong.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Kirios posted:

Hey, some people *gasp* may not think things you like are fun.

It's scary, I know.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

acksplode posted:

Can't wait til they port Mario Maker.

People keep requesting this without thinking about how ridiculously unfun it would be to create levels in a Switch version.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Mario Maker is on 3DS.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

but I want mass effect to look pretty for maximum alien banging

it's not gonna look pretty either way

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Takoluka posted:

People keep requesting this without thinking about how ridiculously unfun it would be to create levels in a Switch version.

Oh man it would suck so bad, being able to create levels anywhere using a nice capacitive touchscreen...?

bloodychill posted:

Mario Maker is on 3DS.

Without online sharing, which is half of what makes the game great.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Jimbot posted:

They'd just have to come out and say they're not competing with the competition and are doing their own things and the enthusiast press will jump through any logical hoops to defend it. If you really think about it, Nintendo enjoys a level of consumer love that just about any corporation would kill to have. They can pretty much do no wrong.

Pretty much? That's exactly the case.

Remember that we still live in an age where a notable chunk of the english speaking consumer electronics purchasing populace still calls any console gaming system "the nintendo". Even at the rate they've been going, everyone in this thread is gonna be dead well before they can possibly gently caress up enough to actually get called on their stupid decisions.

So the powers that be calling the shots in the company couldn't care less. They've built themselves a company that prints blank checks.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

acksplode posted:

Oh man it would suck so bad, being able to create levels anywhere using a nice capacitive touchscreen...?

And it'll be so fun to make levels when it's docked to your television!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Playstation 4: Nintendo Switch

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Takoluka posted:

And it'll be so fun to make levels when it's docked to your television!

So....undock it? Why is this a hard concept to grasp? I stared at the Wii U Gamepad the entire time while making levels.

Motto posted:

Playstation 4: Nintendo Switch

This but unironically.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Kirios posted:

So....undock it? Why is this a hard concept to grasp? I stared at the Wii U Gamepad the entire time while making levels.

"A game that requires your console to be in a specific state that is not simply "On" in order to perform half its functionality" is one of those things that people like to pretend Nintendo is 100% going to do in order to doom its own console.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Is there some kind of timeframe (or even guess at one) for the release of the Pro update with those enhancements for non-Pro games? Basically just wondering if it'll be out by the time i finally stop playing Bloodborne.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Takoluka posted:

"A game that requires your console to be in a specific state that is not simply "On" in order to perform half its functionality" is one of those things that people like to pretend Nintendo is 100% going to do in order to doom its own console.

You'll still be able to create levels with it docked. It's a matter of personal (and super obvious) preference.

Edit: I could even see them selling a 100 dollar Wii U Gamepad esque controller down the line for people who *really* want this functionality. But I still see the vast majority of the userbase being 100% fine with undocked for creating levels, docking to play them.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

bloodychill posted:

Mario Maker is on 3DS.

As someone that never owned a WiiU I bought Mario Maker 3ds. It is a lot of fun. Sharing sucks but there are still thousands of levels that are shared online that you can play.

I don't regret it, and would definitely double-dip if it comes to Switch.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh this is the Switch thread, my bad. :shobon:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

a kitten posted:

Oh this is the Switch thread, my bad. :shobon:

Understandable, and apologies accepted.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
I can't wait to play Zero: Horizon Dawn on my Nintendony Playswitch Station

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

PS4 slim is actually the coolest looking console since Gamecube.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Morby posted:

This will be the 2nd TV I've ever bought, and definitely the biggest with the most features. I got a pretty good deal on it, too, and I'll get to enjoy it for one glorious afternoon...before I have to go on a work trip for the week.

find the digital foundry video on how to set up the game mode input to display hdr. it comes with all the hdr features turned off.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Beastie posted:

I really like the first PS3 slim design.

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Beastie posted:

The fat ps2 had the rotating logo tho

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Artless Meat posted:

The fat ps2 had the rotating logo tho

Fat PS2 waifu for laifu.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Oh poo poo I forgot about the rotating logo. I remember standing PS2 up vertically and then mysteriously all my discs were unreadable.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Be gentle to your old playstation 2, spin no disks.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Liver Disaster posted:

Fat PS2 waifu for laifu.

Aka the console I put my other console on

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Yeah I have a 360 sitting on top of my ps2 because if it was the other way around the 360 would overheat and die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Liver Disaster posted:

Yeah I have a 360 sitting on top of my ps2 because if it was the other way around the 360 would overheat and die.

My first 360 (a 1st gen green Halo edition) worked flawlessly until I decided to put it horizontal and play Modern Warfare 2 with goons a lot during a weekend. It died really fast. I was lucky to get some money back since we have a 2 year warranty in EU so i got an arcade and always used it vertical because I was afraid of loving it up again. It's well and alive since 2010.