Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
C-RAM is cool as gently caress to watch and it would be pretty fun to watch that while high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
e: ^^night-fire C-RAM in hazy weather is boss as hell

I'm pretty sure you'd have to go back to WW2 for US Army ADA aircraft kills. Israel nabbed a drone or two and a Syrian SU-24 with Patriot a little while back.

And CIA-sourced ADA shot down a lot of things :ninja:

Speaking of ADA, the community and big Army at large are looking at all the poo poo going on right now and super-rapidly going "welp, let's get Stingers back up and into the forces loving NOW until we have a new system in place."

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Wow, I would have surely guessed '91 or Vietnam had some poo poo going on. Nothing against ADA, I guess that means the USAF is doing it's job.

edit: Yeah I always thought it was kinda crazy that Army killed everything but the Patriot.

Avengers still exist in the USAR and ANG as far as I know, what about Linebackers? Any of those kicking around in part time land to your knowledge?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
In '91 or thereabouts a Patriot unit apparently had a MiG dead to rights who had crossed the "kill him" line, but the USAF wanted it, and then he got away cause their intercept was too slow.

Must've been some serious blue balls in that 5-ton truck Patriot shelter.

Avengers are kicking around still, but Linebacker is gone and in a museum.

mlmp08 fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Feb 10, 2017

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

My B Hut on BAF had a CRAM phalanx like 50m from it. We called it the fart of doom.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

mlmp08 posted:

e: ^^night-fire C-RAM in hazy weather is boss as hell

I'm pretty sure you'd have to go back to WW2 for US Army ADA aircraft kills. Israel nabbed a drone or two and a Syrian SU-24 with Patriot a little while back.

And CIA-sourced ADA shot down a lot of things :ninja:

Speaking of ADA, the community and big Army at large are looking at all the poo poo going on right now and super-rapidly going "welp, let's get Stingers back up and into the forces loving NOW until we have a new system in place."

The (probably classified, probably poo poo I shouldn't even know about) stories I could tell about 6-52, oh boy. Especially the Stingers part, although I probably wouldn't have almost poo poo myself laughing so hard if the Norks had more than some spit-and-twine'd biplanes you could down with a Kentucky windage'd 50.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Everyone I have met that has been a "Patriot Missile" whatever, has been a massive loving tool.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Soulex posted:

Everyone I have met that has been a "Patriot Missile" whatever, has been a massive loving tool.

It's not just everyone you've met. The ones you didn't meet were massive loving tools too. ADA Army ruined Korea for me.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Saw this nonironic headline pop up on FB.

"This soldier who joined the military at 58 will inspire you."

Yeah to not be a fuckup who needs to join the military at 58 years old.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
WHY DO YOU HATE ARE TROOPS, THE ONES WHO KNOW TRUE SACRIFICE

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
LOL joining at 58, I don't think thats mathematically possible under regulation anyhow. He'd have to have had 23 years of prior service and somehow got out without a retirement code, and somehow have a contract that would expire before he turned 60 iirc

edit: OH a doctor/officer that makes more sense

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Feb 10, 2017

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
There was a guy in my basic platoon who enlisted right before the cutoff (42, I think?). He shipped out of the same MEPS that I did, and it became immediately clear that he was a total fuckup, hence why he wasn't getting anywhere in civilian jobs. He got recycled because he could not shoot for poo poo, like not even get on the white paper they'd put up around the target. What the gently caress, guy?

e: 42, that makes a bit more sense

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Soxorz posted:

Vahakyla, you should try and get a flight medic slot before you leave AIT. You get Paramedic/Flight paramedic certs and get to live the good life in aviation. We had one dude fresh out of AIT in our class and he did fine.

Haven't ruled out going for some of the available slots. The decisions are made in a month.

But I have an airborne contract, I kinda wanna do summadat grunt poo poo.
Though aviation would be cool, good, and chill.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
you're literally retarded if you pick "that grunt poo poo" over flight medic if you have the choice

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i'm not even a medic but every medic I knew looked at it like the holy grail

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

you're literally retarded if you pick "that grunt poo poo" over flight medic if you have the choice

As someone who did that grunt poo poo gently caress you go flight medic you loving idiot.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

:agreed:

And flight medics get mad hours. Well, maybe less now that we're not doing route patrol 24/7 365/69

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I got weeks to think if I wanna go to that board. There's like 20 dudes with pre reqs, there's ten slots, and out of the pre-req filling dudes and dudettes, we got like total of 15 interested ones.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
just go the board. If you make it then you've arrived in the holy land and will be the envy of all the line medics

if you fail then you haven't lost anything and enjoy being a medic for a PSB

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i was a medic

shut the gently caress up and start studying for that board right now

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
hmm well I could be a flight medic and be a part of the biggest innovation in live saving on the battle field in past 50 years

or I could swab dicks 24/7 and tell people to change their socks

I JUST DONT KNOW

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I did flight nursing in the civilian world. It's the best loving job in the entire universe. If you don't do it then gently caress you and I hate you.

I miss flying so god drat much, my last job was seriously the greatest job that I could have ever wanted at my point in life

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

hmm well I could be a flight medic and be a part of the biggest innovation in live saving on the battle field in past 50 years

or I could swab dicks 24/7 and tell people to change their socks

I JUST DONT KNOW

things ive done as a medic to pay for college:
-swab multiple dicks and i became very well versed in the ancient art of sticking plastic tubes in dicks
-stick a gloved lubed index finger into multiple buttholes of dudes brought in for heat cat
-frozen genital warts off a dudes dick

you dont do this poo poo on a helicopter

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
what does the finger in the butt show you as far as heatcats?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

what does the finger in the butt show you as far as heatcats?

bleeding out the rear end

reach in, touch the walnut, swap your poo poo covered finger on a test and see how bad they're dehydrated

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
ah ok COOL

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
There has GOT to be a better method than that.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

not caring here posted:

There has GOT to be a better method than that.

You would think so, but a lot of the new/emerging research with stuff like bleeding control/heat casualties and anything army medical related is actually pro top tier via the DOD.

So until the army tells medics to stop sticking fingers up buttholes it's gonna be standard of practice for a while.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i have this fantasy of having a heat stroke and murderbot and N4B fingerbanging me

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
murderbot is obv duffman and N4B a hillbilly with a garden hose

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

things ive done as a medic to pay for college:
-swab multiple dicks and i became very well versed in the ancient art of sticking plastic tubes in dicks
-stick a gloved lubed index finger into multiple buttholes of dudes brought in for heat cat
-frozen genital warts off a dudes dick

you dont do this poo poo on a helicopter

I do this to the homeless around my area.

And yes I buy them drugs first.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

bleeding out the rear end

reach in, touch the walnut, swap your poo poo covered finger on a test and see how bad they're dehydrated

Walnut?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

prostate

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I've never had that touched. That's loving weird.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Soulex posted:

my life as a medic.txt

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

Soulex posted:

You haven't lived then, my friend.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

No thanks, bruh. I've made it this far in life without anything going into my butthole, I'm not about to start now.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I like all of the terrifying medical poo poo that the Army potentially makes you endure.

Heat casualty? Ice in uncomfortable places. Chemical attack? Needle directly into your femur.

e: I would probably never be able to get over my doubts of the efficacy of the chemical warfare epipen and wind up dying horribly from a nerve agent as I contemplated firing a spike into my leg.

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST
Vahakyla, go to that loving board.

My greatest hope for this forum is that this dumb group of sadbrain assholes, myself included, can occasionally be a discretionary tale for others. When every person in this thread is telling you to do something, just do it. We're not loving with you. We have nothing to gain. We just want your time to be better than ours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

psydude posted:

chemical warfare
Worst nightmare. Low-intensity conflict and insurgency I can handle, but being soaked in a chemical environment? gently caress. No. Anything at all goes wrong and you're dying a horrible death.