Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

There has to be at least 5 goons who still play this wretched game in north america that might like some free bonuses at the cost of suffering through a few occasional stronghold skirmishes. With the stronghold changes coming you literally can't regress, all progress is retained, you make progress on losses, and you get to mock me for my hubris.

I hate this game. Bought a war chest for a hundred bucks hoping to O.D. so all this will end sooner.

Application sent, in game name mikesae

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Oh that answers my question, welcome to the club. Right now the clan consists of 3 of me, 1 of you, and 1 other guy. Let's get to 7!

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
WoT Console is celebrating 3 years of being around or something, so they put up some stats and poo poo. Mostly boring stuff, but they have a list of the top 3 most popular tanks. And by that I'm guessing they mean most played. So, in order, they are: T29, Tiger, and....M3 Grant.

What?

https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/announcements/3-year-anniversary/

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

BadLlama posted:

Console version of tanks really goes all out with releasing lovely tanks as premium tanks

https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/store/british-bulldog-churchill-vii/

When I think of tech tree tanks I want to see as premium, the last one on my mind would be a god drat Churchill VII

Alternatively, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VS1y0EX_0U

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Oh that answers my question, welcome to the club. Right now the clan consists of 3 of me, 1 of you, and 1 other guy. Let's get to 7!

Well that was well worth the emotional investment. I think I doubled my w/r.

Highly recommended, goons.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

smooth jazz posted:

Well that was well worth the emotional investment. I think I doubled my w/r.

Highly recommended, goons.

Hurray.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
Wait, is there a pansy discord?

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...
Console's getting ranked games, apparently. I'd love it if we had something similar on NA but I don't think we have the player base quantity to support it.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

ROFLburger posted:

There is a big rear end goon discord that has channels for tanks and other goony poo poo like botes

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Someday PANSY will donghold again. Someday.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Someone should pass me an invite to SGLE. I like dead clans.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Edit:

So, as it turns out, if you do the Proving Grounds thing before you have a total of 10 battles, not only do you profit from the outcome but the stats count towards your totals:

That means you can nab some pretty serious numbers that you couldn't otherwise easily get. :stare:

Actually, if any of you people are rolling around the NA server clanless, join my clan. I'll even give you exec officer roles so you can get mad about there being no gold to steal. I'll be doing my best to get some clan bonuses up, we could even do a skirmish or two then never play the game again.

As alluded to in subsequent posts, PANSY is the casual goon clan, and while it's always nearly full it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to dilute the remaining goons further. Everyone can do skirmishes in PANSY, nobody's holding you back.

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Dumb rules on the EU forum about 'naming and shaming' players which seems to apply regardless of context, combined the the occasional overzealous mod.

Yeah, that's been a thing on all the Wargaming fora for years...except you're not on an official Wargaming forum, you don't have to censor yourself here! :psyduck:

Because I doubt any real clan wants some multiboxing arty lunatic yutzing up their matches. Also I have a good gimmick, [NEGTV] - Negative. I spam f6 all game and everyone hates me for it.

Those sure are weird gimmicks, both the multiboxing arty and spamming "negative." In fact I think that's a little too weird even for me! Plus, arty isn't too desirable in skirmishes FYI.

Also I noticed you just got the tier 9 Bat arty on your main; I hope you like it because you'll be playing it awhile - I'm at ~330 battles and I'm still not done with it! :suicide:

I guess maybe as a gimmick, but the requirements to get it are so onerous that why the gently caress would anyone bother?

Ill add you to the legionnaire rolodex. Another change is that you will also earn resources for your own clan. My skirmish plans involve tier 6s or maybe tier 7s.

Your choices are tiers 6, 8, or 10, unless someone wants to let you down-tier and put their detachment at a disadvantage for some reason.

Steelion posted:

I wonder how many of the guys in the 1.12% of players with a higher WR than me are statpadding/sealclubbing exclusively.

I'll post the screenshots later on, but a couple of weeks ago I ran into a guy in an ELC who was clearly a reroll. All I said during the battle was "I love rerolls!" which got on his nerves for some reason and he PM'd me after the battle (which we lost horribly.) His account was like 60-70% WR but all low tiers, like 25% of his battles were in the Loltraktor. We had a fairly cordial chat, where he provided two previous accounts upon request, both of which were the same type of classic low-tier sealclubber. :rolleyes:

NotWearingPants posted:

Speaking of PANSY, shoot me another invite please Atomizer. I've at least temporarily given up on finding a clan that does strongholds but doesn't have grand plans of sitting around all night doing nothing for one or two clan wars battles.

Anything you are trying to do with your own clan you could have done more easily in PANSY with a better name and cooler logo. It's not like PANSY has codes of conduct. We used to get free gold for pissing off people enough to complain about us.

Invite sent to Cafone.

ROFLburger posted:

Just noticed the PANSY thread is archived. :rip:

That's fine, we stopped using it. This is the PANSY thread for all it matters.

Does pansy have a discord? I can always legionnaire from my clan when those changes go through.

ROFLburger posted:

We use the Tanks Goons Discord. PM one of us for a link.

BadLlama posted:

There is a big rear end goon discord that has channels for tanks and other goony poo poo like botes

Just to clarify, there's a huge all-goons Discord (it's got its own thread) and then we created a Tanks goons one.

Axetrain posted:

What the hell is this?

Who in this dying tanks game would watch those video's? that dude looks aggressively awful.

:unsmith:

Fat Jesus posted:

Someday PANSY will donghold again. Someday.

We can do it at any time. Anyone can open up a detachment and send invites. I tried doing it myself a few weeks ago but we didn't get enough dudes. I'm usually the only one who puts in the effort to open a detachment, everyone else just talks about doing it.

Hencoe posted:

Someone should pass me an invite to SGLE. I like dead clans.

I sent you an invite to PANSY, because why not? :shrug:

Atomizer fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Feb 11, 2017

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I think I'll keep on keepin' on.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I can also let people into NDP if you want.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

So back to the more pertinent question, when will 9.17.1 go live? End of the month?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I love it when I'm driving my Pz I C and a Pz IV just ignores me like "meh he can't pen me" and lets me casually park behind him and tear him 40 new assholes in his stupid 20 mm rear plate

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

I think I'll keep on keepin' on.

Homophobe.

Perhaps you could join the goons in game channel, It's usually "goons" (or a slight variation depending on who first creates it that day) and the password is lowemedo (I don't think we are worried about a password reveal launching an influx of pubbies at this point).

Unfortunately, there's usually only one or two people in it any more, but in addition to the Goons Tanks discord, it could be a way to find people to join your stronghold. Like you could see a PANSY in there and say "Hey, can you ask your dead clan if they would like to team up with my dead clan and do a stronghold detachment?" Or it may just be a way for you to add some goon tank friends to your contact list so you have more people to spam with invites.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I'll do it! Also my dead clan is up to 3 people now. A few more and we will be unstoppable.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Atomizer posted:

Yeah, that's been a thing on all the Wargaming fora for years...except you're not on an official Wargaming forum, you don't have to censor yourself here! :psyduck:
I'd posted the same picture there though! :smith:

Meanwhile on EU server, it's the usual weekend offerings of subnormal players and unbelievably bad matchmaking. Why the gently caress do I even play this again?

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Yell at me on Discord if people need bodies for strongholds and poo poo, if I'm around I'll probably hop on.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Almost had Heavy tank 12 for the T-55A done, but some little rear end in a top hat e25 couldn't let the last enemy with downs shoot me two more times, gently caress, getting idiots to shoot you is hard.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Serene Coast. I'm in my T26E4 heading to the west side of the map from the north. 3 heavies and 2 mediums already went that way leaving me in the dust with speckles of TDs in the rocks trying to snipe, and failing so horribly I could feel this failure shield as i passed each one. I get to the top of the hill where my team mates are already blasting away and pretty much stuck. What do i see them up against? Are you ready for it? Can you handle it?

A loving Type 64 and a Type 58.

Totally pissed and watching everyone on the other side melting away I just shove forward, mount the ridge they're hiding behind and roll over the 64, pump the 58 with gold and slam into him, then continue on. Where are my team mates on the hill? Still there cowering behind the rise, half of them still at 100%. I have never, ever wanted to reach through my monitor and bitch slap people so hard in my life. We lost the match because the enemy team capped with one tank while I and a T-34 were mopping up the arty and a Cromwell at their base and the guys on the hill charged back into our own base and the other team's waiting muzzles to die one at a time.

Though i did have a good game on Sand River. I was the only one to take the east flank with my T26E4 and was quickly being over run so fell back across the ravine and hid behind some rocks that formed a V just right to point my gun through Cromwell from their team tried spotting for arty and took him out, then another T26E4 came up and knocked him around a bit before arty pegged him while i changed to the Sherman racing up and pounded him. I'm down to about 300 health left and a Tiger I comes up, flank exposed so I popped him and arty pounded him. If it weren't for that arty i wouldn't have lasted.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Feb 11, 2017

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

HT12 down, praise idiots in IS-6's.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I see the idiot brigade is out in force today.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
SPGs on a tractor chassis

Queue: HTZ-16, Char B1 bis, Char B1 ter, Strv 103, 02SS Aerosan, Pz.Sfl.IVb, CKD TNH and LTP (Tanque 39), Emil and KRV, M3A1

Available for request:

:911:
T2E1 Light Tank
Combat Car M1
Howitzer Motor Carriage T18
M10 Wolverine

:britain:
A1E1 Independent
Infantry Tank Mk.I

:ussr:
LTP
T-37 with ShKAS
ZIK-20
T-12 and T-24
Wartime modifications of the T-37 and T-38
SG-122
76 mm gun mod of the Matilda
Tank destroyers on the T-30 and T-40 chassis
45 mm M-42 gun
SU-76 prototype
LPP-25

:sweden:
L-10 and L-30
Strv m/40
Strv m/42
Landsverk prototypes 1943-1951
Strv m/21 NEW

:poland:
Trials of the TKS and C2P in the USSR
37 mm anti-tank gun

:france:
Renault NC
Renault D1
Renault R35
Renault D2
Renault R40
25 mm Hotchkiss gun

:godwin:
PzI Ausf. B
PzI Ausf. C
PzII Ausf. a though b
PzII Ausf. c through C
PzII Ausf. D through E NEW
PzII trials in the USSR
Pak 97/38
7.5 cm Pak 41
Hummel
s.FH. 18

:eurovision:
LT vz 35
LT vz 38

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Axetrain posted:

I see the idiot brigade is out in force today.

That screenshot could've been taken any day and you know it. :colbert:

Milky
Jan 19, 2005
So is there any information yet on what exactly happens to light tanks in the next patch? Like what will happen to the tier 7 and 8 light tanks I have? Should I buy the T49 that I just researched, or does it not matter? I've literally sifted through every source of information available to me for days and days and its all just stupid idiots bitching that their favourite tank will be unplayable after the udpate... Also by sifting for days I mean clicking on youtube links for 10 minutes before getting frustrated and coming here.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Nobody really knows. All that is known is that basically every current light tank will get worse.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

buying the T49 before it gets uptiered is likely to save you some credits. assuming you'll still want it after it loses the 152.

either way these changes won't be implemented any time soon so don't fret about it.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004
People in this game get mad when a light isn't running around spotting everything. If you are aggressive, they will fail to shoot the poo poo shooting / coming close to you. In short, Wargaming making light tanks even worse than they are now will relegate them to Churchill gun carrier levels of usefulness. I wish I didn't have to grind out all these 9s.

Did they radically improve the UFP on the IS-8 when it became the T-10? I don't remember the IS-8 bouncing shots when angled badly.

HFX fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Feb 12, 2017

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
Somebody PM me a tanks discord invite. Atomizer has PMs disabled or is poor or whatever

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

ROFLburger posted:

Somebody PM me a tanks discord invite. Atomizer has PMs disabled or is poor or whatever

It's in the password thread

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
I don't know what "the password thread" is

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

ROFLburger posted:

I don't know what "the password thread" is

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3516406

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
hey, thanks

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Milky posted:

So is there any information yet on what exactly happens to light tanks in the next patch? Like what will happen to the tier 7 and 8 light tanks I have? Should I buy the T49 that I just researched, or does it not matter? I've literally sifted through every source of information available to me for days and days and its all just stupid idiots bitching that their favourite tank will be unplayable after the udpate... Also by sifting for days I mean clicking on youtube links for 10 minutes before getting frustrated and coming here.

Preferably take them away from user because it's obvious no one knows how to use them beyond end of the match hail mary suicide machines.

Pilsen "Hey, all we need to do is push, half their team's gone" *team proceeds to forget how to flank heavies and instead mass dead on in front of an IS-6.
Abby "Ok, going east along the road with plenty of support, hit the cliffs and we're not finding anyone" *team proceeds to break off into town as 4 enemy heavies roll around the corner, thanks fuckers*
Pilsen again "Alright, rolled the flank, now to circle around..." *team melts on a Tiger II hiding behind a blown up tank till they outnumber and roll over what's left*
Lakeview "Send all the heavies into the valley to be wasted by two mediums and arty"
Serene Coast "Stop pushing in the middle of the field so I'm the only one that makes the hill" *get bum rushed while arty takes the team apart in open field*

log out
MOTHER gently caress!

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

ROFLburger posted:

What? I have PMs enabled, you just never sent one. I PM with people all the time. I was just chatting with Marius a few days ago.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Are you denying, on recording, that you are poor?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

SocketWrench posted:

Abby "Ok, going east"

Don't go east on Abbey. The rest of it seems like an average day of tanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

The new hotness on abbey seems to be crossing the river so you can be in the absolute most worthless spot ever.