Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I love Prince.

Prince, charming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Can't believe Xzibit was available

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

R.D. Mangles posted:

Can't believe Xzibit was available

I'm glad they clarified Xzibit the rapper.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Rand alPaul posted:

I'm glad they clarified Xzibit the rapper.

I'm glad they did, because I'm easily confused and would have assumed Xzibit was some new Microsoft rebranding. Xzibit Powered By AzureŽ

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Mike Ilitch passed away :(

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I could appreciate how Mike Ilitch went in every year to try and see the Tigers win a ring before he died. made for some truly fearsome Tigers teams from 2011 onward

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Your Taint posted:

He's a Trump supporter AND a lovely pitcher....
He's a solid pitcher.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Mike Ilitch spent a shitton of money on the Tigers and that led to some really fun games and I always really appreciated him for that. :(

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I hope Mike sticks around the Tigers, as a ghost providing lucky plays and general magic, while also haunting Dan Gilbert.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Pizza Mike noooOOOOOOOOOO.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Every time I see Illitch mentioned I remember this guy: http://www.illmitch.com/

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Every time I see Illitch mentioned I remember this guy: http://www.illmitch.com/

Flashbacks to high school...

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

The Dodgers signed Franklin Gutierrez and Chase Utley because hell, why not? Signing free agents is fun.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Bye Guti. :(

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Brandon McCarthy owns and I'm glad Piers Morgan is a Dodgers fan.

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/830513868413816838

https://twitter.com/BMcCarthy32/status/830523801255321602

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

#rekt

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

hashtag savage hashtag piers morgan is an idiot

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

I'd like to also add that the Marlins and Giants Fanfest pictures in my Twitter feed are making me wish 1) that I could go, and 2) that the Mets had a Fanfest. :smith:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

piers morgan is the easiest worm to own in the entire universe.

brandon mccarthy was hitting off a tee there.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Tom Gorman posted:

piers morgan is the easiest worm to own in the entire universe.

Nah, trump is easier, provided he has his phone on hand

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Tom Gorman posted:

So he was hitting off Brandon McCarthy

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

New Concept Hole posted:

So he was hitting off Brandon McCarthy

:pusheen:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'd like to also add that the Marlins and Giants Fanfest pictures in my Twitter feed are making me wish 1) that I could go, and 2) that the Mets had a Fanfest. :smith:

Huh, I just assumed every team had a fan fest. Seems like an easy way to make a little money and generate some goodwill.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Yeah, I always assumed every team did a Fanfest of some kind. Oakland's was great this year and totally free, which was a first. Really hyped the fan base up, too, especially with the announcement that a ballpark site/plan will finally be announced this year.

And because I'm shameless, is anybody interested in a couple of Ebbets Field Flannels shirts?

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

LOL Phillies!!!!!!!

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Sean Rodriguez is having shoulder surgery after that car accident his family was in and is expected to miss a few months.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Sean Rodriguez is having shoulder surgery after that car accident his family was in and is expected to miss a few months.

Meanwhile the Braves are apparently getting Brandon Phillips after all? Reds must be paying a lot of that salary and nor expecting much back.

Just keeping things warm for Albies, so whatever.

Edit: at least one Braves writer thinks 3-5 mos for Rodriguez is "very optimistic" so could be whole season.

elentar fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Feb 12, 2017

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

you guys....

four days.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Reds are eating nearly all of Brandon Phillips' 14 million. Nice pickup for the Braves until Albies is ready

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

will_colorado posted:

you guys....

four days.

Four days until nothing happens for three weeks?

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Ice To Meet You posted:

Four days until nothing happens for three weeks?

Well we will hear about everyone who is The Most Fit They Have Ever Been which will be predicted to really make an impact this season.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

goddammit

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Reds are eating nearly all of Brandon Phillips' 14 million. Nice pickup for the Braves until Albies is ready

Eating almost all of his salary, and all the Braves gave up is a guy who's had Tommy John twice and a 29-year-old Cuban who has all of 17 games of experience between A and AAA. What the hell were the Reds smoking there?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Grittybeard posted:

Huh, I just assumed every team had a fan fest. Seems like an easy way to make a little money and generate some goodwill.

There was a Queens baseball convention but as far as I can tell, there were no current players present. Also it was one day and it cost like $100.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Timby posted:

Eating almost all of his salary, and all the Braves gave up is a guy who's had Tommy John twice and a 29-year-old Cuban who has all of 17 games of experience between A and AAA. What the hell were the Reds smoking there?

Phillips hasn't even been a league average hitter since 2011, so they were probably just happy he didn't use his no-trade clause.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Why are the Braves trading for Phillips, aren't they not even thinking about contending for another couple years?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Timby posted:

He's not very good.

Mike_V posted:

Why are the Braves trading for Phillips, aren't they not even thinking about contending for another couple years?

He's in the last year of his contract and he's a recognizable enough name (and a local boy to boot). They'd probably be just as well off running Jace Peterson out there most days till Albies comes up--certainly on defense--but it's a reasonable enough pickup given how the super low cost.

elentar fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Feb 12, 2017

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Mike_V posted:

Load a non-contending team up with guys who might have something in the tank on team-friendly deals and flip them at the deadline to continue your rebuild.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

CubsWoo posted:

Load a non-contending team up with guys who might have something in the tank on team-friendly deals and flip them at the deadline to continue your rebuild.

If you have a no-trade clause in your contract and agree to be traded from Team A to Team B, does Team B still need your approval to trade you again? Phillips has refused trades constantly up till now and as pointed out earlier he may have only finally acquiesced because it's closer to home. Even if he does go on a tear, I could absolutely see him refusing to be traded at the deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Wait, someone found Ilich's phalactary?

• Locked thread